Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Atheists are deceived by secular ideology?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:48:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

Mate, if the bible is only 50% false I'm not buying into it. Likewise, I don't care whether it is possible to eradicate religion or not. I agree that atheists who assert God does not exist as opposed to there is no reason or evidence to suggest that God exists are not being logical, but that hardly means that the second group need to prove that god doesn't exist.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 11:26:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

Can you prove that Zues, Thor, Bhrahma or any of the thousands of other gods don't exist. I would love to here the thousands of arguments you must have for not believing in all of these gods.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 2:35:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others.

What is?

Atheists cannot prove that God does not exist.

Nor is the burden upon us to do so.

Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false.

No, but we can show that it is mostly incorrect and self-contradictory.

They also cannot thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world.

Not all of us want to do that, but in actual fact we can.

Even if people choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of this world. What do you think ?

What people?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:06:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist.

And Theists cannot prove that he DOES exist.

Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false.

Mostly because it's not, but more to your point, theists cannot prove it 100% true.

They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world.

What's the point? Religion isn't the problem... the problem is when people let religious ideology rule their lifestyle and keep social progress back in the dark ages...

Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

That's all well and good, as long as they do not think they have TEH TROOTHZORZ.

If you have a faith posit that god(s) exist, you're ok by my book. If you know you're right about the existence of the Christian God, you're an idiot.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:28:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a bloody conspiracy.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 7:14:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

It only steers one away from faith as all forms of reason and rationality will. But you must fight it. Evolution is the devil's strap-on! Reason stems from the anti-christ' a@#hole! They're all trying to get in your head and turn you gay! Fight it!! It is up to you to keep the world in a state of ignorance and superstition.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 9:16:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

I have a hard time believing that you survived childhood. Your brain is so under developed, you should have died at birth. Please kill yourself.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 9:25:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 9:16:53 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

I have a hard time believing that you survived childhood. Your brain is so under developed, you should have died at birth. Please kill yourself.

You took that a bit far, gavin. I would take that back now and apologize. :/
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 9:34:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 9:16:53 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

I have a hard time believing that you survived childhood. Your brain is so under developed, you should have died at birth. Please kill yourself.

Wow. You're more violent than religious fanatics!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:04:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

An atheist will believe anything you tell them if it sounds convincing enough, true or false.
The only thing they wont belive is that their just might be something in this universe smarter and more powerful than they.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:07:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:04:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

An atheist will believe anything you tell them if it sounds convincing enough, true or false.

Haha! I love this argument... Are you asserting that all atheists are gullible and without proper reasoning in their beliefs or non-belief?

The only thing they wont belive is that their just might be something in this universe smarter and more powerful than they without proof.

Fix'd.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:30:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 9:34:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/14/2011 9:16:53 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

I have a hard time believing that you survived childhood. Your brain is so under developed, you should have died at birth. Please kill yourself.

Wow. You're more violent than religious fanatics!

Oh okay...(frowning) I'm sorry. Of course I was not completely serious, as I'm not sure this guy is serious. He has even noted that he is does not really believe many of the things he says. Also, I have never threatened or even thought about performing violent acts against another based on their(or my own) views, so I somewhat resent this remark. However, I may have been a little callous, for which I apologize.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:32:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:04:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

An atheist will believe anything you tell them if it sounds convincing enough, true or false.

Odd... a theist will believe anything in a 2000-year old book if an old man at a pulpit sounds convincing enough, true or false.

Oh wait... there's also the fact that atheists by definition do not believe something different than theists - they just don't believe what theists believe. Oops...

The only thing they wont belive is that their just might be something in this universe smarter and more powerful than they.

Show us some evidence for whatever that might be, and you may have some converts. But lie to everyone about things that aren't there, and religion will keep losing people as it has been for the past several years...
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:37:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

Just because we can't prove something false doesn't mean we should believe in it. I can't prove their is an invisible unicorn in my room, but that doesn't mean I will believe in it. Just because we can't prove a book 100% false doesn't mean we should believe in it lol. I can't prove many books of fiction 100% false but I don't believe they happened. People believe because they want to and because they are deluded.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:40:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

Because they realize that the faith is harmful and there is no logical reason to believe in it? They don't all despise God. Why do you always think things are so simple? lol
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:40:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:04:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

An atheist will believe anything you tell them if it sounds convincing enough, true or false.

So you admit that neither the Bible nor Christian theology are in any way convincing - that the only ones who believe any of it are just too narrow minded to realize that one of it makes any sense, right?

The only thing they wont belive is that their just might be something in this universe smarter and more powerful than they.

How about Bill Gates? I'm pretty sure he exists.
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 10:41:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:40:46 PM, tigg13 wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:04:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

An atheist will believe anything you tell them if it sounds convincing enough, true or false.

So you admit that neither the Bible nor Christian theology are in any way convincing - that the only ones who believe any of it are just too narrow minded to realize that none of it makes any sense, right?

The only thing they wont belive is that their just might be something in this universe smarter and more powerful than they.

How about Bill Gates? I'm pretty sure he exists.

fixed
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:39:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 10:42:46 AM, interrogator wrote:
It is obvious to me and others. Atheists cannot prove that God does not
exist. Nor can they prove that the Bible is 100 percent false. They also cannot
thwart out the influence of religion throughout the entire world. Even if people
choose not to follow religion itself, they do believe in a Higher Power or a divine entity that is not of
this world. What do you think ?

As they cannot PROVE there is no God they have to BELIEVE there is none; hence they are in pretty much the same position as everyone else..

Apart those who KNOW there is: Jesus Christ!

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
The Cross.. the Cross.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:14:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

What the hell is "secular theology" ?? Where do you come up with this crap?

Atheists don't despise God - it's hard to despise something that doesn't exist... i.e. I HATE THE LAUNDRY FAIRIES!!!!

Atheists are not trying to "steer people away from God" or "make them lost" - atheists are trying to get people who are lost in mythology of the past to wake up to the present, and reality.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:26:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 11:14:19 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:17:20 PM, interrogator wrote:
Tarzan. No. The problem is when you let secual ideology and theology get
inside your head, when you know that people like that despise God.
See how easy that was. Why else would you steer you away from the faith.
They want you to be lost. Simple.

What the hell is "secular theology" ?? Where do you come up with this crap?

Atheists don't despise God - it's hard to despise something that doesn't exist... i.e. I HATE THE LAUNDRY FAIRIES!!!!

Atheists are not trying to "steer people away from God" or "make them lost" - atheists are trying to get people who are lost in mythology of the past to wake up to the present, and reality.

Apart from me, I am trying to get lost.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.