Jump to topic:

To Worship Evil?

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 12:50:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In reality, all religions start out as Devil Worship, because of the universal truism: "Life's a hound, and then you die!" Therefore, it seems only reasonable to assume that when the wise ones of old came to the inescapable conclusion that some Super Being actually and deliberately created this mess – he had to be some very mean hombre indeed!

The standard method of coping with any cruel and powerful human tyrants is to make an attempt at mollifying them with lavish gifts and exaggerated flattery. The standard ploy is to emphasize their kindness and their generosity, in the fervent hope that they might actually become so through the force of suggestion and persuasion. This, basically, is what all worship is about – the offering of gifts and flattery in the hope of getting off the hit-list.

When read objectively, the Bible reveals Jehovah to be one real mean son-of-a-dude! Capricious, cruel, prepared to wipe the whole Human Race for some trifle like masturbation, yet simultaneously indulging, to excess, a vicious, psychotic thug like David - simply by virtue of his dancing naked, in praise of the same God.

When we are suddenly faced with a savage dog - one we might wish to kill immediately, had we the means, we desperately say, instead, since we lack the wherewithall: "Nice dog! Good dog!" in the panic-stricken hope that it will let us live. We understand, too, that faced with a savage God [ which is merely Dog spelled backwards] the same rule applies. The Biblical God [Isaiah] says: "I, the Lord God create all evil." They didn't think he was a nice Being at all. They thought him to be a devil. They did not love Him [who could?] – they feared Him. Who wouldn't?

In classical world folklore, the Devil is usually referred to politely as "Good Sir" or "Good Fellow", etc. in the hope that this will deflect his wrath. The ultimate in flattery for the Devil is to refer to him as "The Most High God!" which is what Christians, in particular - generally do, since it would be a bit pointless to worship a kind and loving God. Do we shower praise on kind and generous people? Of course not! We mock them for being naïve, gullible and silly. A truly kind and loving God would never dispatch us to Hell, no matter how naughty we were. Therefore, any worship would be an utterly pointless exercise.

Any gods that threatened to rival Jehovah were referred to in diabolical terms. No doubt their worshippers reciprocated accordingly. The notion of a nice God is really somewhat a modern idea, though some heresies antedate it. Let's say you lived in a culture where you were expected to worship a God portrayed as all good, yet who was plainly quite nasty - then told to resist the attractive temptations of a devil who was depicted as all bad – would you not expect to find a few rebels and heretics from time to time? Of course you would!

A number of Gnostic cults, such as "The Luciferians" decided that the Devil was really the principle of all that was good and that Jehovah, right down to his sandal-straps, represented all that was evil and not so nice. The Mediaeval Catholic Theologian, Meister Eckhart was involved in this Luciferian cult. The contemporary radical Dominican Catholic priest Father Matthew Fox claimed to channel the spirit of Eckhart and consistently taught those doctrines.

Therefore, whichever way you view it, both Christianity and Judaism have to be seen as Devil worshipping cults, for, they either worship a God they believe to be a devil, or they worship The Devil, believing him to be good. Some non-Christian religions have Gods that are good and evil simultaneously. Yet it is really the element of evil that motivates worship. True, efforts have often been made to construct religions based on an all nice God, with no evil. Yet, sadly, they never get very far. Devil worship, it would seem, is really the only viable basis for a successful religion. Let us prey.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 1:41:50 AM
yer racist
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:21:27 AM
At 3/15/2011 12:50:08 AM, racist wrote:
In reality, all religions start out as Devil Worship, because of the universal truism: "Life's a hound, and then you die!" Therefore, it seems only reasonable to assume that when the wise ones of old came to the inescapable conclusion that some Super Being actually and deliberately created this mess – he had to be some very mean hombre indeed!

The standard method of coping with any cruel and powerful human tyrants is to make an attempt at mollifying them with lavish gifts and exaggerated flattery. The standard ploy is to emphasize their kindness and their generosity, in the fervent hope that they might actually become so through the force of suggestion and persuasion. This, basically, is what all worship is about – the offering of gifts and flattery in the hope of getting off the hit-list.

When read objectively, the Bible reveals Jehovah to be one real mean son-of-a-dude! Capricious, cruel, prepared to wipe the whole Human Race for some trifle like masturbation, yet simultaneously indulging, to excess, a vicious, psychotic thug like David - simply by virtue of his dancing naked, in praise of the same God.

When we are suddenly faced with a savage dog - one we might wish to kill immediately, had we the means, we desperately say, instead, since we lack the wherewithall: "Nice dog! Good dog!" in the panic-stricken hope that it will let us live. We understand, too, that faced with a savage God [ which is merely Dog spelled backwards] the same rule applies. The Biblical God [Isaiah] says: "I, the Lord God create all evil." They didn't think he was a nice Being at all. They thought him to be a devil. They did not love Him [who could?] – they feared Him. Who wouldn't?

In classical world folklore, the Devil is usually referred to politely as "Good Sir" or "Good Fellow", etc. in the hope that this will deflect his wrath. The ultimate in flattery for the Devil is to refer to him as "The Most High God!" which is what Christians, in particular - generally do, since it would be a bit pointless to worship a kind and loving God. Do we shower praise on kind and generous people? Of course not! We mock them for being naïve, gullible and silly. A truly kind and loving God would never dispatch us to Hell, no matter how naughty we were. Therefore, any worship would be an utterly pointless exercise.

Any gods that threatened to rival Jehovah were referred to in diabolical terms. No doubt their worshippers reciprocated accordingly. The notion of a nice God is really somewhat a modern idea, though some heresies antedate it. Let's say you lived in a culture where you were expected to worship a God portrayed as all good, yet who was plainly quite nasty - then told to resist the attractive temptations of a devil who was depicted as all bad – would you not expect to find a few rebels and heretics from time to time? Of course you would!

A number of Gnostic cults, such as "The Luciferians" decided that the Devil was really the principle of all that was good and that Jehovah, right down to his sandal-straps, represented all that was evil and not so nice. The Mediaeval Catholic Theologian, Meister Eckhart was involved in this Luciferian cult. The contemporary radical Dominican Catholic priest Father Matthew Fox claimed to channel the spirit of Eckhart and consistently taught those doctrines.

Therefore, whichever way you view it, both Christianity and Judaism have to be seen as Devil worshipping cults, for, they either worship a God they believe to be a devil, or they worship The Devil, believing him to be good. Some non-Christian religions have Gods that are good and evil simultaneously. Yet it is really the element of evil that motivates worship. True, efforts have often been made to construct religions based on an all nice God, with no evil. Yet, sadly, they never get very far. Devil worship, it would seem, is really the only viable basis for a successful religion. Let us prey.

IN REALITY!

YOU dictate reality??? wow..
The Cross.. the Cross.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:25:01 PM
At 3/15/2011 5:21:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

strong>IN REALITY!

YOU dictate reality??? wow..

Let me set a few small housekeeping rules at this little stall in the marketplace of ideas. It is for those who do not have as strong a command of the King's English as I have and have seldom heard a singularly important word let alone comprehend its meaning. That little word is NO.

Do I believe this is a private and personal kingdom to be run like some gulag with your bullying ‘Thought Nazi' cronies? NO.

Do I allow ANYONE to dictate how I should walk, talk, speak, write, debate, or take a piss? NO.

If you are offended by something you don't agree with and get abusive, am I likely to pout and get abusive? NO.

Is there any law that says you are compelled to respond to anything I say or do? NO.

Would I ever reject a civil exchange with anyone, especially someone I disagreed with? NO.

Will I ever refuse to explain myself given the opportunity? NO.

Do I believe that being entertaining, informative and interesting – even popular is a criminal offense? NO.

Will I knee jerk to those who pretend to be in some mythical courtroom and pompously demand ‘evidence' and 'proof' and other such bullying nonsense? NO.

So there are your options. If it suits you, fine. If not, then go with God – but go – and rearrange the following into a well known phrase or saying: "Off piss". When you've done that, become the amateur astronomer I know you to be and shove it right in Uranus. Cheers. Cheers.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:27:03 PM
At 3/15/2011 1:41:50 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
yer racist

Read my reply to DATCMOTO and apply it to yourself - with vaseline and a long stick. Cheers!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:32:05 PM
He may be a worthless waste of space but the OP made some sense.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.