Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Homosexuality is a sin ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner. Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:22:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think having a relationship with you would turn any woman homo.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:22:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

Let's explore this - biblical verses please.

Seems to me that leviticus is saying that it's a sin to be a male bottom.

Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

Homosexuality is an orientation. None of what you list would explain why animals in nature are homosexual.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:25:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner. Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

Like all sin it's a sin to God, not to me.. but I no longer follow what I or the world thinks, I follow God..

HOWEVER; once we discern that it IS sin, we can then show MERCY to those caught in it.. and the Lord moves thru our mercy, in the same way He moved in Sauls (Paul) life thru Stephens mercy:

Acts 7:59-62 (New International Version, ©2011)

59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

AND SAUL WAS THERE GIVING APROVAL TO HIS DEATH.
The Cross.. the Cross.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 12:09:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

Well first, Leviticus says it is a "foreign practice" not a sin - and the Jews can't do it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christians can't have a lil buttsecks.

Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays.

Zomg, yes - gays running wild in the streets, causing riots and fires and whatnot, amirite?

Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure.

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes.

Actually, the instance of homosexuality is highest in "unbroken" families with multiple male children. Psychology Today had an interesting article about that a few months ago... it seems that with each successive male child, there is a higher and higher probability that he will be gay.

Isn't God soooo good to make a completely natural occurrence a sin?

Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

Absolutely not. If you think otherwise, you're a moron. Wake up to the 21st century and stop living in the time of primitive, tribal mythology.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 2:31:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

What's wrong with some buttfu@#ing between two consenting guys? Show what is inherently wrong in homosexuality and not that some invisible man in the sky supposedly says that it is wrong. And if your gonna take some of the bigotry of the bible then why ignore the verses that say to kill homosexuals. If you're gonna subscribe to an idiot ideology then go all out. Kill infidels, don't eat shrimp, kill a woman who doesn't cry out when she gets raped. You are just bending Christian theology to fit your own bigoted views.

Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays.

Only a problem because of baseless bigotry and intolerance like what you are exhibiting.

Some of it comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma,
mind control,and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes.

I love the parts about evil spirits. Let me guess. Thor causes thunder and Poseidon controls the tides.

Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

Maybe a sin in the BS Christian tradition but not morally wrong to sane individuals without pre-existing bigotry.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lexicaholic
Posts: 526
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 7:07:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner. Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

See, now it all makes sense. The real problem is that the media is very discriminatory against evil spirits, so they can only get work in Hollywood/New York as cameramen. This in turn results in the media seeming to focus on evil spirit interests like sexual trauma, mostly because these are the types of topics evil spirits love to film. Ultimately all the cool kids see this on television and the peer pressure amounts to mind control compelling the kids influenced by it to grow up gay so that they can die and become evil spirits themselves. And so the Hollywood/New York media machine is maintained with infinite and disposable cheap labor.

Or it could all just be a matter of preference, like whether or not you like ketchup or mustard on your corn dogs.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 9:02:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner. Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

Why is it a sin? I does not hurt anyone. Who are you to say that two consenting adults cannot love one another? Your assertions are so ignorant about why they are gay.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:16:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:

... media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes.

Who exactly is mind controlling people to make them gay and what would be the benefit of that? Is there a test you can do to see if a gay person is under mind control or is possessed and is not simply acting on choice which stems from a genetic predisposition of affinity?
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 10:30:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner. Homosexuality is a big problem nowadays. Some of it
comes from media influence, evil spirits, sexual trauma, mind control, and
peer pressure. Some of it is also caused by children being raised in fatherless
homes. Anyway............... What do you think about this. Is homosexuality
a sin to you.

No. In fact I find nothing wrong with it. What makes it any worse than heterosexual relationships?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 11:56:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

I think that morality is a mix of subjectivity and objectivity.

I see no reason to say that homosexuality is wrong from even an objective stance of morality.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 12:51:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

Where does the standard that exists outside of us come from? That is, is an action good only because god says so?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 1:01:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 12:51:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

Where does the standard that exists outside of us come from? That is, is an action good only because god says so?

Wrong! Things are wrong only because Zeus says so!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 2:17:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 2:05:48 PM, DebateGirl wrote:
It is not a sin! Give me a verse that states homosexuality is a sin..

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
(NKJ, Leviticus 18:22

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
(NIV, 1st Corinthians 6:9-11)

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (NIV, Romans 1:25-27)

Luckily the Bible is a load of crap.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:09:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 2:31:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

What's wrong with some buttfu@#ing between two consenting guys? Show what is inherently wrong in homosexuality

What is inherently wrong with stealing?
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 11:25:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

yeah so we accept that he thought that and move on. We cannot prove he was moral or immoral. Most of us would say he is immoral, but he doesn't need to justify doing what he did and we don't have to justify thinking what he did was wrong.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 11:26:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:09:51 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/16/2011 2:31:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

What's wrong with some buttfu@#ing between two consenting guys? Show what is inherently wrong in homosexuality


What is inherently wrong with stealing?

It isn't. But we think it is wrong because it hinders someone else, where are homosexuality doesn't.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:39:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 2:05:48 PM, DebateGirl wrote:
It is not a sin! Give me a verse that states homosexuality is a sin..

1Corinthians6:9-12
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Leviticus 18:22
22 "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.


Roman1:26-27
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:41:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 11:56:54 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

I think that morality is a mix of subjectivity and objectivity.

I see no reason to say that homosexuality is wrong from even an objective stance of morality.

So where does the objective morality reside?
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:43:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 12:51:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

Where does the standard that exists outside of us come from? That is, is an action good only because god says so?

what other objective could there be? If there is a God and He created everything, including us, then to think we could have a superior thought or morality to God is clearly nonsensical..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:44:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:09:51 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/16/2011 2:31:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/16/2011 10:15:58 AM, interrogator wrote:
Yes it is. It is a sin for two people of the same sex to sleep with each other in
a sexual manner.

What's wrong with some buttfu@#ing between two consenting guys? Show what is inherently wrong in homosexuality



What is inherently wrong with stealing?
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:47:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 11:25:42 PM, rogue wrote:
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

yeah so we accept that he thought that and move on. We cannot prove he was moral or immoral. Most of us would say he is immoral, but he doesn't need to justify doing what he did and we don't have to justify thinking what he did was wrong.

" we cannot prove " that killing six million PLUS human beings was immoral???
The Cross.. the Cross.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 7:19:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 5:39:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/17/2011 2:05:48 PM, DebateGirl wrote:
It is not a sin! Give me a verse that states homosexuality is a sin..

1Corinthians6:9-12
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.


As I said in another post:

The Greek is "malakos", which is akin to 'softness'. It has multiple translations, but mostly means 'effeminate'. It is not a catch-all for all types of homosexuals:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

"This reflects the gender connotations the concept (and especially the word "androgynos") had in classical Greek society, where women were seen as naturally subordinate to men. However, it may also carry connotations of sexuality which were not present in the Greek concept. Homosexual relationships were not considered indicative of effeminancy, and were sometimes seen as essential to the proper development of a male citizen (like the relationship between as erastes and eromenos)."

+

"Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians uses malakos in the plural: the King James version has it as "Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor sodomities, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10) Newer versions, like the New International version and the even more recent International Standard, however, replace "effeminate" with the more specific "male prostitute", reflecting a different understanding of how the term was used by Paul."

Leviticus 18:22
22 "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.



Seems like it's calling out male homosexuals who 'pitch'. Not a condemnation against those who catch or lesbians.

Roman1:26-27
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.


This isn't a condemnation against homosexuals per say, it's against sex cults. The prior verse makes it clear:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 5:31:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 7:19:09 AM, Meatros wrote:
At 3/18/2011 5:39:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/17/2011 2:05:48 PM, DebateGirl wrote:
It is not a sin! Give me a verse that states homosexuality is a sin..

1Corinthians6:9-12
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.


As I said in another post:

The Greek is "malakos", which is akin to 'softness'. It has multiple translations, but mostly means 'effeminate'. It is not a catch-all for all types of homosexuals:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

"This reflects the gender connotations the concept (and especially the word "androgynos") had in classical Greek society, where women were seen as naturally subordinate to men. However, it may also carry connotations of sexuality which were not present in the Greek concept. Homosexual relationships were not considered indicative of effeminancy, and were sometimes seen as essential to the proper development of a male citizen (like the relationship between as erastes and eromenos)."

+

"Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians uses malakos in the plural: the King James version has it as "Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor sodomities, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10) Newer versions, like the New International version and the even more recent International Standard, however, replace "effeminate" with the more specific "male prostitute", reflecting a different understanding of how the term was used by Paul."

Leviticus 18:22
22 "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.



Seems like it's calling out male homosexuals who 'pitch'. Not a condemnation against those who catch or lesbians.


Roman1:26-27
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.


This isn't a condemnation against homosexuals per say, it's against sex cults. The prior verse makes it clear:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Unless you are a Jew or a Christian then these verses do not apply to you.. It is for us Christians to show those, still caught in deception, MERCY..

Judgment and mercy go hand in hand; the more mercy (revelation) from God you've been shown, the more you will be judged by that mercy..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 8:17:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 5:31:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Unless you are a Jew or a Christian then these verses do not apply to you.. It is for us Christians to show those, still caught in deception, MERCY..

So being a male 'pitcher' (homosexual) is only a problem if you are a jew or a christian?

Judgment and mercy go hand in hand; the more mercy (revelation) from God you've been shown, the more you will be judged by that mercy..

Then why do Christians have a problem with the state sanctioning gay marriage?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 6:38:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 8:17:25 AM, Meatros wrote:
At 3/22/2011 5:31:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Unless you are a Jew or a Christian then these verses do not apply to you.. It is for us Christians to show those, still caught in deception, MERCY..

So being a male 'pitcher' (homosexual) is only a problem if you are a jew or a christian?

Right..

Judgment and mercy go hand in hand; the more mercy (revelation) from God you've been shown, the more you will be judged by that mercy..

Then why do Christians have a problem with the state sanctioning gay marriage?

Because we're a bunch of self-righteous prudes who cannot let go of 'Aren't I good compared to them?' -just like everyone else.. it's just that we take God's morality and use that like a stick to beat people with, just like the Pharisee's did with the Law..

There IS an issue with 'homosexual christianity' and 'gay preachers' etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 5:43:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 5:43:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/17/2011 12:51:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/17/2011 5:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
It's simply the old question of whether morality is subjective or objective; is there a standard that exists outside of us, whether we exist or not? or is it really 'each to his own' ?

Christians believe in an objective morality that resides with a good and just God.

If morality is subjective then who is to say Hitler's morality is worst than your own? he certainly believed that he was morally superior in every way..

Where does the standard that exists outside of us come from? That is, is an action good only because god says so?

what other objective could there be? If there is a God and He created everything, including us, then to think we could have a superior thought or morality to God is clearly nonsensical..

Not a superior thought but something to measure god's morals against. If there is no higher standard then god's morals and designations of 'right' or 'wrong' are completely arbitrary. God is not basing them on anything but his whim. Something is good or bad simply because god chooses it to be? What reason do I have to follow this useless code other than threat of punishment? There is no inherent reason to follow the christian or any religions code of ethics.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.