Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

God is real ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So many people keep asking this question. Well he does exists. Think of it
like this. Look at our lives, our bodies, and our mind. The human body is so
complex, just like the universe. You have forces such as birth, death, air,
wind, fire, heat, cold. These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true. But can you tell me this. What is the driving force beind all of these
things. Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they
there. Why do we have 4 seasons, why do we have to live and die.
Why is the sun up in the sky. Why do we have the moon and the stars.
What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.
You have the lightning that cracks the sky, and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ? What is behind the sun and why is
it up so high ? Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature. Look at the
Earth, and how it revolves. God puts all of these things into motion. And as
a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
What do you think ?
God is very real.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:54:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

Not necessarily.
No one nows why masses warp spacetime, or what used to be known as the force of gravity. we have more knowledge to what happens but not why it is so.
No one knows why 2 electrons repel each other as they come closer together.
Science can tell you what will happen based on observation but not how or why.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:55:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
So many people keep asking this question. Well he does exists. Think of it
like this. Look at our lives, our bodies, and our mind. The human body is so
complex, just like the universe. You have forces such as birth, death, air,
wind, fire, heat, cold. These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true. But can you tell me this. What is the driving force beind all of these
things. Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they
there. Why do we have 4 seasons, why do we have to live and die.
Why is the sun up in the sky. Why do we have the moon and the stars.
What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.
You have the lightning that cracks the sky, and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ? What is behind the sun and why is
it up so high ? Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature. Look at the
Earth, and how it revolves. God puts all of these things into motion. And as
a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
What do you think ?
God is very real.

Why is it that the answer to every unanswered question has to be God. Isn't the unknown by definition the unknown? Ignoring the fact that stellar evolution explains stars, if I don't know how stars form doesn't that mean that I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW? What basis do I have for saying that goddidit?
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:57:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Science cannot explain everything. It cannot tell about why miracles happen.
Why do some people come back to life after being dead. Why some people
fall out of the sky from airplanes, and not have any broken bones in their
bodies. Science would say that you should have been dead. But God kept
that person alive. Scientists call that event, a miracle. Try again.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 3:57:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:54:14 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

Not necessarily.
No one nows why masses warp spacetime, or what used to be known as the force of gravity. we have more knowledge to what happens but not why it is so.
No one knows why 2 electrons repel each other as they come closer together.
Science can tell you what will happen based on observation but not how or why.

Actually science can say why. Why do people die of cancer? Science can answer that question. Find it here.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov...
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:00:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dan. You cannot tell me why we have instinct. Why do we have intuition.
Why do we have spirits that dwell in the Earth. Of course there are many
places where people have seen things that cannot be explained by science.
And they are not all crazy, and we know this. So can you tell me this.
If science cannot explain these strange and eerie occurances that happen time
and time again. Then would you at least consider the fact, that there may be
something out there that goes beyong Man ? Answer that please.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:01:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:57:01 PM, interrogator wrote:
Science cannot explain everything. It cannot tell about why miracles happen.
Why do some people come back to life after being dead. Why some people
fall out of the sky from airplanes, and not have any broken bones in their
bodies. Science would say that you should have been dead. But God kept
that person alive. Scientists call that event, a miracle. Try again.

Correct, science cannot explain everything. However, it can explain some miracles. Some events cannot be explained because we don't know about their circumstances completely. Others are unlikely but will happen once in a while. These are metaphorically called miracles. Was my last response insufficient? Remember, unexplained not equal to miracle.
sal
Posts: 319
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:04:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:57:09 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:54:14 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

Not necessarily.
No one nows why masses warp spacetime, or what used to be known as the force of gravity. we have more knowledge to what happens but not why it is so.
No one knows why 2 electrons repel each other as they come closer together.
Science can tell you what will happen based on observation but not how or why.

Actually science can say why. Why do people die of cancer? Science can answer that question. Find it here.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov...

You did not understand my point.
They have more info but they really are just telling us every time we observe A it will be followed by B.
Science tells us the laws of nature by observing them not why they are so.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:12:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dan. You cannot tell me that everything or anything in The BIBLE is false.
Because if you understand philosophy, then it makes perfect sense.
There are certain principles and guidelines that we must live by. Many of
the laws in the world, come from that divine influence. And yes, you still
have divine intervention. All miracles are of God. Whether science can explain
it or not, actually is irrelevent. But I can also say that how do you know
that science is not a tool of the devil. In some cases, it surely is.
His objective is to deceive you. How do you know that you are not the one
being mislead by secular propaganda.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:24:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
But can you tell me this.
I look forward to it...

What is the driving force beind all of these things.
In a word? Physics.

Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they there?
Well, I can only hypothesise that emotions and feelings stem from evolution.

Why do we have 4 seasons?
http://lmgtfy.com...

why do we have to live and die.
We live because we are born. We die because our bodies begin to degenerate at some point and eventually cease working.

Why is the sun up in the sky.
Ok, now this is getting silly. The sun is in our sky because that's how our solar system formed.

Why do we have the moon and the stars.
The moon is part of our solar system. The stars are light shining from other stars in other solar systems.

What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.
Stars don't move, as far as I'm aware (CAN I GET A FACT CHECK?)

You have the lightning that cracks the sky, and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ?
Lightning: http://www.lmgtfy.com...
Earthquakes: http://www.lmgtfy.com...

What is behind the sun and why is it up so high ?
There is space behind the sun. Perhaps one of the planets, depending on where they are in their orbit. It's not 'up high'. Its just far away.

Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature. Look at the Earth, and how it revolves.
Ok, I'm looking.

God puts all of these things into motion. And as a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
No.

What do you think ?
I think you need to learn how to Google.

God is very real.
I don't believe you. I think you're lying.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:25:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:13:33 PM, interrogator wrote:
Sal. There are also people who take not medicine at all, and still survive
cancer. That is my point.

Yes, but spontaneous remission happens naturally.

Please tell me, why doesn't God heal amputees?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 4:30:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If your leg is amputated, then it is gone for life. The body does not
regenerate itself when it comes to the loss of limbs or legs for that matter.
But we do have the technology that helps us fix those things by having
plastic or bionic legs and arms.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 5:10:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:30:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
If your leg is amputated, then it is gone for life. The body does not
regenerate itself when it comes to the loss of limbs or legs for that matter.
But we do have the technology that helps us fix those things by having
plastic or bionic legs and arms.

Exactly. That's why if someones prayed for their arm to grow back and it did, it would be a miracle. Science perhaps will come up with a way to re-grow arms and stuff, but it's still a long way off.

Someone surviving cancer, while awesome, is not a miracle. Someone falling out of a plane and surviving, while improbable, is not a miracle.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 5:20:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:12:24 PM, interrogator wrote:
Dan. You cannot tell me that everything or anything in The BIBLE is false.
Because if you understand philosophy, then it makes perfect sense.
There are certain principles and guidelines that we must live by. Many of
the laws in the world, come from that divine influence. And yes, you still
have divine intervention. All miracles are of God. Whether science can explain
it or not, actually is irrelevent. But I can also say that how do you know
that science is not a tool of the devil. In some cases, it surely is.
His objective is to deceive you. How do you know that you are not the one
being mislead by secular propaganda.

Science is all about those why questions including those concerning the laws of nature. Scientists are already asking why the laws are what they are. We have a good explanation for why the law of entropy works.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 5:26:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:12:24 PM, interrogator wrote:
Dan. You cannot tell me that everything or anything in The BIBLE is false.
Because if you understand philosophy, then it makes perfect sense.
There are certain principles and guidelines that we must live by. Many of
the laws in the world, come from that divine influence. And yes, you still
have divine intervention. All miracles are of God. Whether science can explain
it or not, actually is irrelevent. But I can also say that how do you know
that science is not a tool of the devil. In some cases, it surely is.
His objective is to deceive you. How do you know that you are not the one
being mislead by secular propaganda.

I can tell you that some things in the bible are false but not all, so you are correct. However you cannot tell me that any supernatural event in the bible is true. Many laws are inspired by religious principals whether Christian or not, and some laws are not inspired by religion at all. There may be divine intervention but there is no evidence. Is there any evidence that all miracles are of God? If science can explain a "miracle" naturally, then there is no need for a supernatural explanation in the slightest. You have no evidence for this bad evil man who wants to trick everybody and make them bad too (Devil). This is only a mythological character in Christian mythology.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 5:28:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:00:04 PM, interrogator wrote:
Dan. You cannot tell me why we have instinct. Why do we have intuition.
I can tell you that they are often completely wrong.

Why do we have spirits that dwell in the Earth.
We don't.

Of course there are many places where people have seen things that cannot be explained by science.
Unfortunately whenever anyone trys to study these things, they miraculously don't happen.

And they are not all crazy, and we know this. So can you tell me this.
If science cannot explain these strange and eerie occurances that happen time
and time again. Then would you at least consider the fact, that there may be
something out there that goes beyong Man ? Answer that please.
People are mistaken.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 6:13:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
So many people keep asking this question. Well he does exists. Think of it
like this. Look at our lives, our bodies, and our mind. The human body is so
complex, just like the universe.

Yes, but it's very poorly constructed. This is clearly why Jesus was a carpenter - not a potter. He obviously could not work well with clay...

You have forces such as birth, death, air,
wind, fire, heat, cold. These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

So why go any further? If you have an explanation and you are still looking, you either don't believe you actually have an explanation, or you are an idiot. Or a Christian, trying to get God to take credit for everything.

But can you tell me this. What is the driving force beind all of these
things.

There is none. It's called "NATURE" - get used to it.

Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they
there.

Chemicals.

Why do we have 4 seasons,

Because the earth is tilted on its axis.

why do we have to live and die.

Because our cells do not perfectly regenerate - more evidence God wasn't very good with clay...

Why is the sun up in the sky.

Because we ORBIT IT YOU TARD!

Why do we have the moon

Several theories - probably the best one is that it's a chunk of the planet left over from a collision long ago.

and the stars.

Big bang... stellar matter ejected... congeals, starts fusion...

What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.

The stars don't move you idiot. The earth does.

You have the lightning that cracks the sky,

Oh it cracks it, huh? Thunder must be from it breaking, amirite?

and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ?

When lots of matter comes together in one place (like a planet) it happens to get very hot, and sometimes very hot matter can be a little unstable, and the tectonic plates shift against each other... not very complicated.

What is behind the sun

"Behind" is a very relative term...

and why is
it up so high ?

Depends on what time of day it is... I think you need to study a little phenomenon called "rotation" and "orbiting."

Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature.

The balance created by the brutality, you mean? It's not like it just held hands and was balancy one day... it's a warzone.

Look at the
Earth, and how it revolves.

This confuses me, since it's pretty clear from the above that you don't know the first thing about how the Earth moves..

God puts all of these things into motion. And as
a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
What do you think ?
God is very real.

I think you are just attempting to point at everything around you and say "My God did that" because there isn't any evidence to the contrary. But there is no evidence FOR that proposition either. I think you are too old to be spewing nonsense that was put in your head with you were a wee child...

Honestly, grow up. It's pretty sad.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 9:41:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
So many people keep asking this question. Well he does exists. Think of it
like this. Look at our lives, our bodies, and our mind. The human body is so
complex, just like the universe. You have forces such as birth, death, air,
wind, fire, heat, cold. These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true. But can you tell me this. What is the driving force beind all of these
things. Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they
there. Why do we have 4 seasons, why do we have to live and die.
Why is the sun up in the sky. Why do we have the moon and the stars.
What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.
You have the lightning that cracks the sky, and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ? What is behind the sun and why is
it up so high ? Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature. Look at the
Earth, and how it revolves. God puts all of these things into motion. And as
a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
What do you think ?
God is very real.

This is classic argument from ignorance. This guy doesn't understand the basic principles of the universe and our solar system and he can't think of a better explanation so it must have been that man in the sky.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 9:46:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 9:41:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
This is classic argument from ignorance. This guy doesn't understand the basic principles of the universe and our solar system and he can't think of a better explanation so it must have been that man in the sky.

God created all logical fallacies. By using them, you are demonstrating his greatness and infinite wisdom.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 9:55:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:

Why do I have toes? Why is it you can eat some plants but not others? Why are fire engines red? Why does Rhode Island need a state capital? Why do chickens eat worms? Why was Washington the first president? Why does my thumb taste like butterscotch? Why does it only snow in the winter? Why have I never tried to educate myself on anything? Why hasn't the nurse brought me my meds yet? Why do the little blue people come at night and hide my shoes? Why doesn't the Easter Bunny return my calls?
There can be only one answer.
God is real!
(And so are the little blue people.)
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 5:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why is X such and such ? can't answer, therefore God did it.

Showing ignorance doesn't support "God" exists, anymore than the flying spaghetti monster exists or advanced aliens from the 15 dimension exist.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 5:16:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
So many people keep asking this question. Well he does exists. Think of it
like this. Look at our lives, our bodies, and our mind. The human body is so
complex, just like the universe. You have forces such as birth, death, air,
wind, fire, heat, cold. These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true. But can you tell me this. What is the driving force beind all of these
things. Were does our feelings and emotions come from and why are they
there. Why do we have 4 seasons, why do we have to live and die.
Why is the sun up in the sky. Why do we have the moon and the stars.
What is it that makes them move, and what is behind all of that, too.
You have the lightning that cracks the sky, and you have volcanoes that erupt
with power. You have tsunamis and earthquakes that shake the world, too.
But where is all of that power coming from ? What is behind the sun and why is
it up so high ? Look at the symmetry, the balance of nature. Look at the
Earth, and how it revolves. God puts all of these things into motion. And as
a result, there are humans who feel His Presence.
What do you think ?
God is very real.

Faith is a gift from God.. it can not be gained by being dominated by a smarter intellect.. The Lord likes to work thru our love, our mercy, to those who have less light than us..
The Cross.. the Cross.
FlashmobDebate
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 1:48:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:54:14 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

Not necessarily.
No one nows why masses warp spacetime, or what used to be known as the force of gravity. we have more knowledge to what happens but not why it is so.
No one knows why 2 electrons repel each other as they come closer together.
Science can tell you what will happen based on observation but not how or why.
You know god could possible not be male, female represent creation and patience. Not the point I know,like somebody said, science has a detailed explanation for everything you just said, and they are ALL more plausible than some dude thinking out of random "I'm going to make the universe today" and you know what? If god exist's then why doesn't he fix all of these important world problems? He is all powerful apparently, I mean if he can create something as big as the universe, then how come he can't keep the millions of under serving life form that have lost their life because of negligence. If god existed, he would want to help us, if he exists, he's a living thing right? Of all the connived simpleminded people, think differently.
FlashmobDebate
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 1:50:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2011 3:57:09 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:54:14 PM, sal wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:44:35 PM, interrogator wrote:
These things can be explained by science. Yes, that is
true.

Not necessarily.
No one nows why masses warp spacetime, or what used to be known as the force of gravity. we have more knowledge to what happens but not why it is so.
No one knows why 2 electrons repel each other as they come closer together.
Science can tell you what will happen based on observation but not how or why.
Okay, we'll for one there has not been ONE PERSON on earth that hasn't broken a bone from falling from a plane, they are ALWAYS badly hurt and damaged if the manage to live.and there are many things that are explained. Miracle always have a explanation, you should check your facts before you start putting false information on here.

Actually science can say why. Why do people die of cancer? Science can answer that question. Find it here.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov...
FlashmobDebate
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 1:53:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2011 4:01:26 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/17/2011 3:57:01 PM, interrogator wrote:
Science cannot explain everything. It cannot tell about why miracles happen.
Why do some people come back to life after being dead. Why some people
fall out of the sky from airplanes, and not have any broken bones in their
bodies. Science would say that you should have been dead. But God kept
that person alive. Scientists call that event, a miracle. Try again.

Correct, science cannot explain everything. However, it can explain some miracles. Some events cannot be explained because we don't know about their circumstances completely. Others are unlikely but will happen once in a while. These are metaphorically called miracles. Was my last response insufficient? Remember, unexplained not equal to miracle.
See? It is true, humans lack instinct from years and years of pampering, humans have to be TAUGHT these things, we are a pathetic excuse for a species.