Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Wicca?

devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:36:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do we have any practicing Wiccans on DDO?

What do you think about Wicca?

WHat do Wiccans actually believe?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:51:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wiccans are witches, and should be BURNED AT THE STAKE.

Every Wiccan I've known personally was born a Christian, became a wiccan to rebel, and then went back to Christianity after a magical experience freaked them out.

I'd also like to know that these particular Christians still believe in magic, and tend to be space cadets.

I practice magic all the time, but it isn't supernatural fake magic. It's the real kind. The kind of magic that most people wouldn't acknowledge as magic.

I call it sex magic. *strikes a pose*

I met another Wiccan, who was also a buddhist.. I couldn't wrap my head around that one..

Then there is this coffee place I play at nowadays.. A few years ago, the place was crawling with wiccans. The whole place had a bad vibe. You'd walk in, and people would hiss at you and sh!t. >.>

My first real girlfriend was a wiccan/pagan. She ended up becoming a man. Changed her name to something that reminds you of a Celtic bard hanging in the woods.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:53:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Now hopefully a real Wiccan can actually answer your questions.

Hopefully they won't realize this is really just some kind of Salem Witch Trial type ploy to lure them out into the open.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Heathen
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:17:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wiccans are cool.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:30:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:53:14 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Now hopefully a real Wiccan can actually answer your questions.

Hopefully they won't realize this is really just some kind of Salem Witch Trial type ploy to lure them out into the open.

LOL, I'm actually curious about the religion.... But I want to find out more than what I think I know from reading fictional books and listening to my grandmother (who is a pastor) rant about Harry Potter.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:15:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:30:22 AM, devinni01841 wrote:

LOL, I'm actually curious about the religion.... But I want to find out more than what I think I know from reading fictional books and listening to my grandmother (who is a pastor) rant about Harry Potter.

It is completey irrational for Christians to abhor the witchcraft in Harry Potter, but not the witchcraft in Wizards of Waverly Place, or Twitches, or Cinderella, or The Frog Prince, or Snow White, or Beauty and the Beast, or Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, or Lord of the Rings, or Swan Princess, or any number of things that involve magic/the supernatural, including their Bible.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:17:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:15:25 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/21/2011 11:30:22 AM, devinni01841 wrote:

LOL, I'm actually curious about the religion.... But I want to find out more than what I think I know from reading fictional books and listening to my grandmother (who is a pastor) rant about Harry Potter.

It is completey irrational for Christians to abhor the witchcraft in Harry Potter, but not the witchcraft in Wizards of Waverly Place, or Twitches, or Cinderella, or The Frog Prince, or Snow White, or Beauty and the Beast, or Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, or Lord of the Rings, or Swan Princess, or any number of things that involve magic/the supernatural, including their Bible.

Some do. My wife's boyfriend (from before we got married of course), told her that she couldn't watch any disney movies because they worshiped the devil (needless to say, she broke up with him).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:19:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:15:25 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/21/2011 11:30:22 AM, devinni01841 wrote:

LOL, I'm actually curious about the religion.... But I want to find out more than what I think I know from reading fictional books and listening to my grandmother (who is a pastor) rant about Harry Potter.

It is completey irrational for Christians to abhor the witchcraft in Harry Potter, but not the witchcraft in [...] any number of things that involve magic/the supernatural, including their Bible.

Lolwut
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:25:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm pretty sure most Christians who condemn Harry Potter do so (in their eyes) because of what they claim the Bible says. That's like saying that It's irrational to obey the law but also condemn the rules and regulations of the Mafia. Every rational person doesn't have to accept any and all things of the same sort. But yeah, I don't see a contradiction because the Bible doesn't condemn the 'supernatural', just the Godless supernatural.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:31:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And it just occurred to me that you might be referring to how the Bible simply mentions the "Godless supernatural"... But that doesn't seem to work either because most of the things you mentioned portray these wizards (lol) or whatever you want to call them in a positive light, often as the main character- Harry Potter, Wizards of whatever, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, etc. I'm pretty sure the reason Harry Potter has received so much attention from this crowd is because it portrays him in a positive light, whereas the Bible does no such thing as far as I know. I could be wrong, of course, but that's why I think most of these Christians condemn Harry Potter, and by that logic I don't really see any contradictions.
Ogan
Posts: 407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:00:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do you mean wicca-basket cases or wicked-bast@d cases? Sorry, it just popped out, there's probably some good ones dancing around the fire. Bless them.
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:43:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:36:34 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Do we have any practicing Wiccans on DDO?

What do you think about Wicca?

WHat do Wiccans actually believe?

Wicca is based on pre-Christain, European pagan customs and practices. But, since the Christian destroyed nearly all of the information about these customs and practices, Wiccans have had to make up a lot of it on their own. This makes it a very ecclectic and random religion drawing on Egyptian, Greek, Norse, Celtic, Druidic, and even Semetic traditions along with pretty much anything else they can find and then filling in all of the gaps with whatever works at the time.

In the 90s it became a fad for a while. Lots of people "became Wiccan" thinking that they would find a cheap and easy path to ultimate enlightenment and many were thoroughly disappointed in it.

It is basically an eco-centric religion that focuses on the feminine aspect of the divine and promotes the idea that everyone has their own unique path to God/The Goddess/enlightenment/what have you; and its your job to figure out which path is yours. This has lead to an incredibly diverse bunch of believers. You have Native American Pagans, Santerian Pagans, Strega Pagans, Dianic (Female only) Pagans, Druidic Pagans, Golden Dawn Pagans, Fairy Tradition Pagans, Odinist Pagans, Jewish Pagans, Christian Pagans, Uniterian Universalist Pagans, Discordian Pagans, Gypsy Pagans, Aleister Crowley Pagans, Buddhist Pagans, Taoist Pagans, Family Tradition Pagans and a whole host of other kinds of Pagans. And you will find it hard to find any that with classify themselves as belonging to just one of these groups exclusively.

They tend to believe in various forms of magic (typically sympathetic magic) or just the power to bend reality through will power alone. Many consider prayer and faith healing to be forms of magic. They practice astrology, numerology, aura reading and divination.

What they do not believe in is Satan. They consider Satanism to be an entirely Christan belief system (Only Christians believe in the devil). This is a sensitive issue for many as they tend to identify with the witches who were burned at the stake by Christians.

They stress positive and constructive goals and aspirations especially those concerning love, life and protection of the environment.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:43:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:25:22 PM, Denote wrote:
I'm pretty sure most Christians who condemn Harry Potter do so (in their eyes) because of what they claim the Bible says.

Where does it say in the Bible that magic should be abhored?

That's like saying that It's irrational to obey the law but also condemn the rules and regulations of the Mafia. Every rational person doesn't have to accept any and all things of the same sort.

I don't understand what you're saying.

But yeah, I don't see a contradiction because the Bible doesn't condemn the 'supernatural', just the Godless supernatural.

So what about all the Disney stories I listed? Who says Harry Potter is Godless and why is being Godless enough to condemn Harry Potter and nothing else?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 3:56:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:51:45 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Wiccans are witches, and should be BURNED AT THE STAKE.


Every Wiccan I've known personally was born a Christian, became a wiccan to rebel, and then went back to Christianity after a magical experience freaked them out.

Seriously?


I'd also like to know that these particular Christians still believe in magic, and tend to be space cadets.

Christians have to believe in magic, it's in the bible.

I practice magic all the time, but it isn't supernatural fake magic. It's the real kind. The kind of magic that most people wouldn't acknowledge as magic.

I call it sex magic. *strikes a pose*

Haha.

I met another Wiccan, who was also a buddhist.. I couldn't wrap my head around that one..

No neither can I... as I undersood it witches can be of any faith. Wicca is however a religion.


Then there is this coffee place I play at nowadays.. A few years ago, the place was crawling with wiccans. The whole place had a bad vibe. You'd walk in, and people would hiss at you and sh!t. >.>


Wiccans tend to be lovely and tolerant people, so long as you don't preach to them or question their BS.


My first real girlfriend was a wiccan/pagan. She ended up becoming a man. Changed her name to something that reminds you of a Celtic bard hanging in the woods.

Sigged!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 4:39:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 2:43:37 PM, nonentity wrote:

Where does it say in the Bible that magic should be abhored?


I'm not sure and I'm not going to bother to look that up right now, because, ultimately, it's irrelevant. Your argument wasn't "Christians don't have a biblical basis for condemning witchcraft" It was, assuming I'm not missing something, "It's inconsistent for a Christian to condemn witch-crafty things such as Harry Potter, but not the supernatural-promoting Bible."

I don't understand what you're saying.

Okay, here's what I'm saying. To say that, "Oh no, Christians. If you're going to condemn Harry Potter, you need to condemn every other supernatural thing in the name of consistency- including the Bible." seems to be a blatant act of ignoring the distinction made between supernatural and witchcraft.

As an example, many Christians condemn homosexual activities. Does that mean that they must condemn every type of sexual activity? No, of course not. These same Christians are expected and expect other Christians to cultivate heterosexual relationships within the privacy of marriage if they're going to have an adult relationship. Likewise, it's not hypocritical or inconsistent for a Christian to condemn Harry Potter but not the Bible, because they make a distinction... similar to the distinction made between heterosexual marriage-only relationships and homosexual relationships.

From the traditional Christian's anti-homosexual/pro-marriage point of view:
Are these both sexual? Yes. Are they the same? No.

And from the anti-Harry Potter Christian's point of view:
Are these both supernatural? Yes. Are they the same? No.


So what about all the Disney stories I listed?

I'm not addressing them, I'm addressing your inclusion of the Bible. You make a good point about some of those shows. It would seem that they should be condemned too, if you're going to follow that logic.

Who says Harry Potter is Godless and why is being Godless enough to condemn Harry Potter and nothing else?

I don't know, but there's a suspicious lack of God-talk for someone who would be performing works of God in that case. I never finished the series, and I haven't read the books for some time, but I'm also pretty sure the students go to class to learn how to perform spells. I fail to see where you're getting God from.

But that doesn't really matter, because in your original comment you referred to it as witchcraft. Why are you changing the terms? That's dishonest. You shouldn't make me prove something that we both believe just as a way of getting out of the argument. (If that's what you're doing)

And as for the "and nothing else" part, refer to my response to your previous question.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 4:48:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 4:39:04 PM, Denote wrote:
At 3/21/2011 2:43:37 PM, nonentity wrote:

Where does it say in the Bible that magic should be abhored?


I'm not sure and I'm not going to bother to look that up right now, because, ultimately, it's irrelevant. Your argument wasn't "Christians don't have a biblical basis for condemning witchcraft" It was, assuming I'm not missing something, "It's inconsistent for a Christian to condemn witch-crafty things such as Harry Potter, but not the supernatural-promoting Bible."


It is relevant, because where is the distinction between acceptable and non-acceptable forms of witchcraft made?

I don't understand what you're saying.

Okay, here's what I'm saying. To say that, "Oh no, Christians. If you're going to condemn Harry Potter, you need to condemn every other supernatural thing in the name of consistency- including the Bible." seems to be a blatant act of ignoring the distinction made between supernatural and witchcraft.


Jesus "healed" people and made wine from water and fed thousands with a couple of fish and a couple loaves of bread. If that isn't considered witchcraft then I don't know what is. How is telling a mute man to "speak" any different from uttering a spell.

As an example, many Christians condemn homosexual activities. Does that mean that they must condemn every type of sexual activity? No, of course not. These same Christians are expected and expect other Christians to cultivate heterosexual relationships within the privacy of marriage if they're going to have an adult relationship. Likewise, it's not hypocritical or inconsistent for a Christian to condemn Harry Potter but not the Bible, because they make a distinction... similar to the distinction made between heterosexual marriage-only relationships and homosexual relationships.

From the traditional Christian's anti-homosexual/pro-marriage point of view:
Are these both sexual? Yes. Are they the same? No.


It would be more like: Are these both homosexual? No. Are they the same? No.

The Bible doesn't condemn sexual activity, it condemns sodomy very specifically.

And from the anti-Harry Potter Christian's point of view:
Are these both supernatural? Yes. Are they the same? No.



And I would have to see where in the Bible it condemns anything to do with magic to respond to that.


So what about all the Disney stories I listed?

I'm not addressing them, I'm addressing your inclusion of the Bible. You make a good point about some of those shows. It would seem that they should be condemned too, if you're going to follow that logic.

Who says Harry Potter is Godless and why is being Godless enough to condemn Harry Potter and nothing else?

I don't know, but there's a suspicious lack of God-talk for someone who would be performing works of God in that case. I never finished the series, and I haven't read the books for some time, but I'm also pretty sure the students go to class to learn how to perform spells. I fail to see where you're getting God from.


Why should J.K. Rowling talk about God at all? Not everybody is a Christian, and nobody cares to read about God in a children's book. And in every book, the characters celebrate Christmas.

But that doesn't really matter, because in your original comment you referred to it as witchcraft. Why are you changing the terms? That's dishonest. You shouldn't make me prove something that we both believe just as a way of getting out of the argument. (If that's what you're doing)


Again, what's the difference between witchcraft and what Jesus did? Because he did it in the name of God? Okay. Harry Potter uses witchcraft to fight against evil and save the world.

And as for the "and nothing else" part, refer to my response to your previous question.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 6:27:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Religions are all works of Chaos magic.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 6:43:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 4:48:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/21/2011 4:39:04 PM, Denote wrote:
At 3/21/2011 2:43:37 PM, nonentity wrote:

Where does it say in the Bible that magic should be abhored?


I'm not sure and I'm not going to bother to look that up right now, because, ultimately, it's irrelevant. Your argument wasn't "Christians don't have a biblical basis for condemning witchcraft" It was, assuming I'm not missing something, "It's inconsistent for a Christian to condemn witch-crafty things such as Harry Potter, but not the supernatural-promoting Bible."


It is relevant, because where is the distinction between acceptable and non-acceptable forms of witchcraft made?

The distinction seems to be just labelling it as witchcraft, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" Exodus 22:18 Suffer meaning permit.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 7:27:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 4:48:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
It is relevant, because where is the distinction between acceptable and non-acceptable forms of witchcraft made?
Are you being serious?
It's not that hard. In the Christian way of thought, there's no acceptable witchcraft because when a Christian speaks about a witch or wizard, they're referring to someone who gets their power from some source other than the Christian God. Hence the Harry Potter thing. Harry Potter and the however-many-other "hero" wizards were never shown to communicate with or have a relationship to the Christian God. They use potions, spells triggered solely through verbal phrases, and other stuff. Plus, other bad guys can use the exact same powers as Harry by repeating the same phrase, and vice versa. I don't see how someone could argue that Harry Potter got his powers from the Christian God since the bad guys of the story can replicate these powers through the exact same process.
Jesus "healed" people and made wine from water and fed thousands with a couple of fish and a couple loaves of bread. If that isn't considered witchcraft then I don't know what is. How is telling a mute man to "speak" any different from uttering a spell.
Well, obviously he's qualified in the eyes of Christians considering the fact that he's the central figure of the religion and is contrasted with Harry Potter, who hasn't been portrayed as having anything to do with the Christian God. We must be arguing about two different things, because I fail to see how someone couldn't grasp this.
It would be more like: Are these both homosexual? No. Are they the same? No.
That makes absolutely no sense. It would be what I said.
Are these both sexual? Yes. Are they the same? No.
The Bible doesn't condemn sexual activity, it condemns sodomy very specifically.
Exactly! Just like how these Christians aren't condemning the supernatural, but the supernatural apart from God.
And I would have to see where in the Bible it condemns anything to do with magic to respond to that.
You honestly want me to look up a verse showing that the Christian God doesn't want people trying to get supernatural power from elsewhere?
Why should J.K. Rowling talk about God at all? Not everybody is a Christian, and nobody cares to read about God in a children's book.
"Why should J.K Rowling talk about wizards at all? Not everyone supports witchcraft, and nobody cares to read about wizards duking it out in a children's book."

See? Not so much.

But yeah, of course everyone's not a Christian. What does that have to do with J. K. Rowling or the consistency of a Christian's views?

And in every book, the characters celebrate Christmas.
Okay? Watch the YouTube clip. Richard Dawkins loves to sing Christmas carols. God must also not have a problem with his atheism.

Again, what's the difference between witchcraft and what Jesus did? Because he did it in the name of God?
Exactly!
Okay. Harry Potter uses witchcraft to fight against evil and save the world.
What?
The author of Harry Potter also acknowledges that she writes these as fiction books. This doesn't prove anything. That's like saying, "Constantly getting drunk isn't viewed as bad by the Christian God! Such and such made a story about a good drunk who saved the world from the bad guys! Yay!"

Obviously, this doesn't prove that the Christian God doesn't actually have a problem with someone constantly getting drunk.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 8:01:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
By the way, nonentity, I don't actually hold that position. I just don't want to go into more detail about the position that I actually take because the reasons would end up being beneficial to your side of the argument, something I don't want. That being said, I do actually think there's a difference between the supernatural and witchcraft to God. :P
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:47:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 7:27:59 PM, Denote wrote:
At 3/21/2011 4:48:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
It is relevant, because where is the distinction between acceptable and non-acceptable forms of witchcraft made?
Are you being serious?
It's not that hard. In the Christian way of thought, there's no acceptable witchcraft because when a Christian speaks about a witch or wizard, they're referring to someone who gets their power from some source other than the Christian God. Hence the Harry Potter thing. Harry Potter and the however-many-other "hero" wizards were never shown to communicate with or have a relationship to the Christian God. They use potions, spells triggered solely through verbal phrases, and other stuff. Plus, other bad guys can use the exact same powers as Harry by repeating the same phrase, and vice versa. I don't see how someone could argue that Harry Potter got his powers from the Christian God since the bad guys of the story can replicate these powers through the exact same process.

Thank you FEVERISH for providing the Bible quote. That's all I wanted so you really didn't need to go on a rant.

Regardless, Harry Potter is NOT REAL and the Bible provides no reason to be against it. Which makes the rest of your ramblings irrelevant...

There are many books and movies that depict things that are apparently 'abhored' in the Bible and it is illogical to single out Harry Potter. That is all.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:13:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:47:24 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/21/2011 7:27:59 PM, Denote wrote:
At 3/21/2011 4:48:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
It is relevant, because where is the distinction between acceptable and non-acceptable forms of witchcraft made?
Are you being serious?
It's not that hard. In the Christian way of thought, there's no acceptable witchcraft because when a Christian speaks about a witch or wizard, they're referring to someone who gets their power from some source other than the Christian God. Hence the Harry Potter thing. Harry Potter and the however-many-other "hero" wizards were never shown to communicate with or have a relationship to the Christian God. They use potions, spells triggered solely through verbal phrases, and other stuff. Plus, other bad guys can use the exact same powers as Harry by repeating the same phrase, and vice versa. I don't see how someone could argue that Harry Potter got his powers from the Christian God since the bad guys of the story can replicate these powers through the exact same process.

Thank you FEVERISH for providing the Bible quote. That's all I wanted so you really didn't need to go on a rant.

Regardless, Harry Potter is NOT REAL and the Bible provides no reason to be against it. Which makes the rest of your ramblings irrelevant...

There are many books and movies that depict things that are apparently 'abhored' in the Bible and it is illogical to single out Harry Potter. That is all.

I typed up all of that and this is what I get? Ugh.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:15:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And that's not even what I was focusing on. My entire point was that it was foolish of you to add the Bible to the list of things, when Christians clearly make a distinction. Have a nice day/night.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:01:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:13:35 PM, Denote wrote:

I typed up all of that and this is what I get? Ugh.

There, there, I still love you.

At 3/21/2011 10:15:11 PM, Denote wrote:
And that's not even what I was focusing on. My entire point was that it was foolish of you to add the Bible to the list of things, when Christians clearly make a distinction. Have a nice day/night.

The distinction is supernatual from God = okay, supernatural not from God = not okay. Yeah, I get it. Though if the verse Feverish quoted is the only reason to be against witchcraft, it still doesn't provide a reason to be against a work of fiction about witchcraft.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:08:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:01:32 PM, nonentity wrote:
Though if the verse Feverish quoted is the only reason to be against witchcraft, it still doesn't provide a reason to be against a work of fiction about witchcraft.

harry potter glamorizes devil worship to little kids.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:59:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If it is false, if it is a lie, if it is impossible....

It is not all god.

The supernatural is not of god. No supernatural magic is of god, as it is impossible by definition.

The magic isn't that Jesus performed all these miracles.. The magic is that you BELIEVE that Jesus performed all these miracles.

You are under the spell of chaos magic, and have been duped this whole time.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 1:54:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:08:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/21/2011 11:01:32 PM, nonentity wrote:
Though if the verse Feverish quoted is the only reason to be against witchcraft, it still doesn't provide a reason to be against a work of fiction about witchcraft.

harry potter glamorizes devil worship to little kids.

Never understood that part, seeing as how the power is hereditary not demon granted...

Oh wait ... hereditary ... evolution!

I see what they did thar.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 3:26:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 6:27:46 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Religions are all works of Chaos magic.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Clarification: All religions arose out of chaos magic. Not to be construed that they are, themselves, chaos magic.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord