Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do Atheists believe in ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:41:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I really would like to know. LOL
Their own existence is based on hypothetical knowledge and secular ideology.
And ideology that has no real substance.
Please tell me something new.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:43:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Youre going to tell me that the Earth is millions of years old when it clearly defies
logic. Youre also going to tell me that the Big Bang is what created the universe.
How can nothing create something ?
Not only that.
How can nothing create life.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Atheism: disbelief in the existence of God

Seriously. Online dictionaries exist. Go check one.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:46:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:43:16 PM, interrogator wrote:
Youre going to tell me that the Earth is millions of years old when it clearly defies
logic. Youre also going to tell me that the Big Bang is what created the universe.
How can nothing create something ?
Not only that.
How can nothing create life.

None of that has anything to do with Atheism.

Atheism is ONLY a position concerning the existence of God. Nothing else. None of the things you mentioned above mentioned "God."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:48:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:41:01 PM, interrogator wrote:
I really would like to know. LOL
Their own existence is based on hypothetical knowledge and secular ideology.
And ideology that has no real substance.
Please tell me something new.

Atheism is not an ideology, it is a lack of belief in something with absolutely no evidence. Bring some evidence for your man in the sky and maybe atheists might start believing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:50:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What seperates the ones who believe and the ones who dont ?
Isnt the whole lifestyle and impact of religion itself enough ?
Sometimes you people come off as rebels. I think your disbelief comes
from disappointments and setbacks in life.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:51:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You cannot blame God for the bad things that happened to you.
It has more to do with circumstances of events than anything else.
The people around you make choices, and sometimes those choices affect us
in ways that is not always pleasing.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:53:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:50:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
What seperates the ones who believe and the ones who dont ?
Isnt the whole lifestyle and impact of religion itself enough ?
Sometimes you people come off as rebels. I think your disbelief comes
from disappointments and setbacks in life.

Or maybe because theists have not brought a shred of plausible evidence for the existence of a god.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:54:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course we do. You do understand the Bible right. Well explain to me how
the events in the Word correlate with the way the world is now.
Revelations is filled with prophecies that have already come to pass.
And there will be more.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 2:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:50:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
What seperates the ones who believe and the ones who dont ?
Isnt the whole lifestyle and impact of religion itself enough ?
Sometimes you people come off as rebels. I think your disbelief comes
from disappointments and setbacks in life.

And I think you believe because you're weak, you seek comfort, you fear death, you are to lazy to think rationally, your parents told you its true, and you believe whatever your pastor feeds you.

See? It's easy to give bs psychological judgments about others.

Anyways, I don't have any disappointments or setbacks in life and it has nothing to do with my disbelief. My disbelief was sparked by documentaries which challenged my beliefs. It was a gradual process of finally coming to the conclusion that God doesn't exist. No significant or devastating events happened in my life during this time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:03:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. Wrong again. My feelings are based on my own decisions. There were times
where I did not always follow the Word Of God. But because I began to see
truth, I made a choice. Simple.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:06:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. Your lack of experience and spirituality is proof of your unbelief.
Your mind has been hijacked by secular ideology and teachings.
This is how the devil deceives people like you. That is what makes you weak
my friend.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:32:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 3:06:01 PM, interrogator wrote:
Geo. Your lack of experience and spirituality

How do you know I lack any of these? Have you witnessed my life to tell me what I've experienced?

I was a Christian for 15 years, as well as a Deist, and a New Ager.

is proof of your unbelief.
Your mind has been hijacked by secular ideology and teachings.
This is how the devil deceives people like you. That is what makes you weak
my friend.

I'm a Buddhist. Not really what you'd call "secular" now is it.

Also, you have no grounds to call people weak when all of your arguments are the epitome of "WEAK."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:47:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. You have done yourself a great diservice my friend. You only turned your
back on God because of the conflicting issues you were dealing with at that time.
And you know this.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:49:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Three main beliefs for me:
I believe in love and friendship.
I believe that humanity should have a life long desire for knowledge.
I believe we should have a compassion for suffering.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:12:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:43:16 PM, interrogator wrote:
Youre going to tell me that the Earth is millions of years old when it clearly defies logic. Youre also going to tell me that the Big Bang is what created the universe.

Nope, the Earth is BILLIONS of years old.
And the Big Bang didn't 'create' the Universe; it is a theory about the starting point for the Universe as we know it.

How can nothing create something ?

I don't know, but no Atheist claims that nothing created something. I think that the Universe is probably far beyond the understanding of our small monkey brains.

How does God create anything?

How can nothing create life.

I don't know, but no Atheist claims that nothing created life. I think it's entirely possible that the right combination of elements could cause non-life to slowly become life and begin a process of Evolution that could, over billions of years, evolve into a clever monkey.

How does God create life?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:14:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Again, interrogator graces us with his nonsense posts. You wouldn't want to debate geo, right? You'd rather just make these silly posts, and refuse to challenge your beliefs to one of the many atheists who would be happy to debate you (myself included).

On the secular thing, I don't see the problem with the state being neutral on religion and God. It seems to me that no one should able to dictate to others or gain some kind of preference because of their position on God. It seems fair (at least to me) that things like the the British Humanist Association should not receive taxpayer money, and neither should churches. Such a position is hardly favouring the atheist here. It simply disregards special treatment for any religious grouping, including those who I agree with.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:23:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
interrogator doesn't believe in god...

is that not clear yet?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:23:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The proof is there for the world to see my friend. It is not really a numbers game.
But we are in the end times and the signs are there. You dont have to belive
me. But you might wanna reconsider once you are overthrown by evil and
wickedness. Then you will be crying out to God, just like it said in the Bible.
For some it will be too late. And for some, there will still be a chance for you
to get right. Just keep your eyes open and pay attention to whats going on in
the world. It is right there in the Bible. Enough said.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:24:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is nothing to debate. Like I said, the proof is there. Just read the
Bible. Youre not illiterate, are you ? Good. Then see Revelations.
And while you are at it, read Proverbs. It is my favorite one of all.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:28:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 3:47:34 PM, interrogator wrote:
Geo. You have done yourself a great diservice my friend. You only turned your
back on God because of the conflicting issues you were dealing with at that time.
And you know this.

You know what? You're right, I turned my back on him. That's why Charlie Sheen and I have the desire to punch God!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Randall999
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:30:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:43:16 PM, interrogator wrote:
Youre going to tell me that the Earth is millions of years old ...
Not millions, but billions.

Youre also going to tell me that the Big Bang is what created the universe.
How can nothing create something ?
Not only that. How can nothing create life.
The 'First Cause' argument doesn't hold water any more these days, because the same can be asked for those positing a GOD. How can nothing create a God? And if an alleged God is without cause, and able to cause the universe, then it is just as tenable that a Universe can exist without cause. Those who believe in God believe in an uncaused thing; same for atheists, we believe in an uncaused universe. 'God' exist in the imagination of the brains of the most people, otherwise 'God' would have the courage to show himself to all by appearing throughout the sky. Never happened, never will, because God is a fictional construct to help most people deal with life's uncertainties, including the big one called death.
Randall999
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:35:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I also wised up after most of my life in religion. I even spent many years in a bible church, studied the bible, and prophecy, like it was going out of style. When I realized it was all just mythology (see my current debate in progress), I knew it was a sham, a human invention. Including Christianity. And believe me, there was a time I loved Jesus, prayed, did the church thing 3x a week, wept tears for the crucifixion and pain Jesus suffered. But I now know it is all a lie, fiction, based on *hard evidence*.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:36:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 4:23:29 PM, interrogator wrote:
The proof is there for the world to see my friend. It is right there in the Bible. Enough said.

Indeed, the evidence is there for all the world to see. As a Zoroastrian, frankly I'm shocked that more people haven't come around to see the wisdom of Ahura Mazda. Sheesh, you're literate, right? The proof is all there in the Avesta, just read it! Enough said.

God spoke to me personally and told me that Christianity is a giant farce created by the evil one, Angra Mainyu, to lead people away from the one true faith.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you filthy, blaspheming heathens.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 10:45:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"What do Atheists believe in?"
http://www.smbc-comics.com...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:25:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wanna see integrator in a debate, rather than just making cheap shot after cheap shot.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:31:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Atheist" is not a belief. Any statement which says "Atheists believe ____" is wrong. That is not to say that all Atheists have no beliefs. A statement of "Some/most Atheists have the belief that ___" could be true.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 5:36:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:43:16 PM, interrogator wrote:
Youre going to tell me that the Earth is millions of years old when it clearly defies
logic.

1. It's retarded to say that it defies logic. It could however defy empirical data, which you haven't substantiated though.

2. I don't believe that, and I am an Atheist.

You're also going to tell me that the Big Bang is what created the universe.

I don't believe that either.

How can nothing create something ?

How? I would go much further than most and assert that we cannot have something WITHOUT nothing.

Not only that.
How can nothing create life.

Full of the wrong questions and wrong presuppositions.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 6:03:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/23/2011 2:41:01 PM, interrogator wrote:
I really would like to know. LOL
Their own existence is based on hypothetical knowledge and secular ideology.
And ideology that has no real substance.
Please tell me something new.

They believe that NOTHING exploded and formed ITSELF into complex molecules which eventually lead to life SPONTANEASLY creating ITSELF (including consciousness!) which lead to this 'mysterious process' (which is in no way intelligent and cannot be called a 'being' under any circumstances) bringing about a ludicrous mammal called Charles Darwin who came up with the above!
The Cross.. the Cross.