reddj2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 9:52:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Its Heaven a fun carefree place?
Is hell a fiery pit of doom ?

Also if someone who is ultra optimistic and can turn pain into pleasure what would be his punishment ?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 6:18:55 AM
At 3/23/2011 9:52:49 PM, reddj2 wrote:

Also if someone who is ultra optimistic and can turn pain into pleasure what would be his punishment ?

Simply put, Heaven is to be with (in the presence of, in union with etc) God; God is Life, Light, Love, Truth, Beauty, Wisdom, Power, Clarity, Peace etc etc..

Hell is simply the ABSENCE of God.. the absence of Life, Light, Love, Truth, Beauty, Wisdom, Power, Clarity, Peace etc etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Randall999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:30:33 PM
Hell is living forever with no chance of not living even if you get fricken bored out of your mind, have an itch that lasts a billion years that you can not scratch, get tired of the same conversations. I have never understand the fascination with religious people of wanting to live for eternity. Really? Think about that for a minute, or two. Would you really want to always exist, forever?

Death at age __ is not disappointment, unhappiness. It is just nothing. Like when you are asleep at 3am. The warrior who dies in glory at age 30 is no sadder than someone who lives to age 100. Upon death, there is no sadness. (now I am NOT advocating for premature death here!)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:41:59 PM
Heaven and hell are the same place. If you can stand to listen to contemporary Christian radio nonstop for all eternity, it is heaven. If not, it is hell.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 6:16:36 AM
At 3/24/2011 1:30:33 PM, Randall999 wrote:
Hell is living forever with no chance of not living even if you get fricken bored out of your mind, have an itch that lasts a billion years that you can not scratch, get tired of the same conversations. I have never understand the fascination with religious people of wanting to live for eternity. Really? Think about that for a minute, or two. Would you really want to always exist, forever?

Death at age __ is not disappointment, unhappiness. It is just nothing. Like when you are asleep at 3am. The warrior who dies in glory at age 30 is no sadder than someone who lives to age 100. Upon death, there is no sadness. (now I am NOT advocating for premature death here!)

Despite your choice of Icon..
The Cross.. the Cross.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 12:01:10 AM
At 3/23/2011 9:52:49 PM, reddj2 wrote:

Imagine what it feels like when you're sound asleep. You don't have a thought in the world and your primary consciousness has basically shut down. Now imagine this but forever. That's what you have to look forward to regardless of which religious ideology you subscribe to. So live life for now and don't think too much about rewards or punishments or surviving death.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 12:47:17 AM
At 3/24/2011 1:30:33 PM, Randall999 wrote:

I totally agree with this.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 2:54:38 AM
At 3/24/2011 1:41:59 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Heaven and hell are the same place. If you can stand to listen to contemporary Christian radio nonstop for all eternity, it is heaven. If not, it is hell.

I was going to say the same thing except replace Christian radio with Boxxy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:10:34 AM
At 3/24/2011 1:41:59 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Heaven and hell are the same place. If you can stand to listen to Blink-182 nonstop for all eternity, it is heaven. If not, it is hell.

Fix'd
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:11:51 AM
At 3/26/2011 3:07:27 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I love Boxxy.

I shall see you in the promised land.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:12:51 AM
Heaven is going to sleep forever without any dreams.
Hell is going to sleep forer without any dreams.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:31:24 AM
"Heaven" and "Hell" are made up places that were conceived by religious leaders in order to make religion palatable to the masses. Without some mechanism to make good behavior grant infinite reward, and bad behavior cause infinite pain, no person would be stupid enough to actually follow a religion.

Of course, these people *were* stupid enough to buy into the whole mystical place idea...