Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long be

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 9:59:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.

Defining the word good, in God's absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.
That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.

God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

God is dead.
Thank God, God is dead.
Long live God.

God as defined as a set of rules that is, thus all benefit as secularism leads the way to better rules.

God became the Word. The word is Secular.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?
Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 6:18:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 9:59:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.

Defining the word good, in God's absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.
That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.



God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

God is dead.
Thank God, God is dead.
Long live God.

God as defined as a set of rules that is, thus all benefit as secularism leads the way to better rules.

God became the Word. The word is Secular.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?
Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

Regards
DL

It's not up to Jesus, but to the Father.. and ALL things happen just as He planned since before creation.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:41:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 10:06:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
You make an unwarranted assumption that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the argument against the premise.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

No wonder with a heart like yours that you do not agree.
Like so many Christians, you just love to hate and it shows.

Regards
DL
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:43:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:41:30 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/24/2011 10:06:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
You make an unwarranted assumption that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the argument against the premise.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

No wonder with a heart like yours that you do not agree.
Like so many Christians, you just love to hate and it shows.

Regards
DL

a) I'm not a Christian, b) I do love to hate what you wrote because your argument is crap, and c) you do have to defend the assertion that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later, as otherwise your argument has no weight. For this you would have to set out a moral framework.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:46:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 6:18:46 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It's not up to Jesus, but to the Father.. and ALL things happen just as He planned since before creation.

Well, only through me, says that the father is out of the picture.

As to God's plan.
Quite a perfect plan that includes the murder of your own son.
Is that the kind of plan you would call perfect?

As to the so called sacrifice.

Regards
DL
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:46:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:41:30 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/24/2011 10:06:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
You make an unwarranted assumption that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the argument against the premise.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

No wonder with a heart like yours that you do not agree.
Like so many Christians, you just love to hate and it shows.

Regards
DL

Also you aren't writing a poem so stop using strange formatting and if you wanted to sign off with your name everytime why not call yourself DL instead of writing "regards/ DL"
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:50:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:43:54 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/25/2011 9:41:30 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/24/2011 10:06:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
You make an unwarranted assumption that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the argument against the premise.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

No wonder with a heart like yours that you do not agree.
Like so many Christians, you just love to hate and it shows.

Regards
DL

a) I'm not a Christian, b) I do love to hate what you wrote because your argument is crap, and c) you do have to defend the assertion that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later, as otherwise your argument has no weight. For this you would have to set out a moral framework.

6 million starving yearly is not enough of a moral framework?
Sick.
You may not be Christian but your morals are just as ugly.

Regards
DL
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:50:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:46:42 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
if you wanted to sign off with your name everytime why not call yourself DL instead of writing "regards/ DL"

pretentiousness?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:52:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:50:04 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 9:43:54 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/25/2011 9:41:30 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/24/2011 10:06:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
You make an unwarranted assumption that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the argument against the premise.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty.

No wonder with a heart like yours that you do not agree.
Like so many Christians, you just love to hate and it shows.

Regards
DL

a) I'm not a Christian, b) I do love to hate what you wrote because your argument is crap, and c) you do have to defend the assertion that the moral thing for Jesus to do would be to return sooner rather than later, as otherwise your argument has no weight. For this you would have to set out a moral framework.

6 million starving yearly is not enough of a moral framework?
Sick.
You may not be Christian but your morals are just as ugly.

Regards
DL

I'm a moral nihilist, the only logical moral position for an athiest to take.
And yes, 6 million starving does not inherently provide justification for Jesus to return.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:52:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:50:54 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/25/2011 9:46:42 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
if you wanted to sign off with your name everytime why not call yourself DL instead of writing "regards/ DL"

pretentiousness?

Probably, but I'm in a bad mood and its really annoying.
Randall999
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:48:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jesus promising a Second Coming but waiting 2000 years? Jesus is a lightweight. There are other crucified God-Saviors dating far before Jesus who also promised to return to judge us, rescue believers. They never showed up. Neither will Jesus. They are fictional characters.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 1:11:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 "So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,'[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 "If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!' or, ‘There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 "So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 "Immediately after the distress of those days

"‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[b]

30 "Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,' 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 1:16:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
When I was deep in my biblical studies, this particular chapter (Matthew 24) was heavy as fvck to me. >.>

I looked at multiple translations, and they all say the same thing, usually in different words.. The good news translation in particular just flat out says it "34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died."
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 4:32:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 12:48:23 PM, Randall999 wrote:
Jesus promising a Second Coming but waiting 2000 years? Jesus is a lightweight. There are other crucified God-Saviors dating far before Jesus who also promised to return to judge us, rescue believers. They never showed up. Neither will Jesus. They are fictional characters.

I agree.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 4:38:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 1:16:23 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When I was deep in my biblical studies, this particular chapter (Matthew 24) was heavy as fvck to me. >.>

I looked at multiple translations, and they all say the same thing, usually in different words.. The good news translation in particular just flat out says it "34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died."

And none applied to the now dead generations? Strange.
Where in the Bible does it give this time as a date?
BTW, I did not read all that thumping above. TLTR. Did you have a point for posting it?

If like this one it all refers to prophesies that God must fulfill then you are locking him to a timetable and screwing with his free will. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 5:12:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 4:38:58 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 1:16:23 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When I was deep in my biblical studies, this particular chapter (Matthew 24) was heavy as fvck to me. >.>

I looked at multiple translations, and they all say the same thing, usually in different words.. The good news translation in particular just flat out says it "34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died."

And none applied to the now dead generations? Strange.
Where in the Bible does it give this time as a date?
BTW, I did not read all that thumping above. TLTR. Did you have a point for posting it?

If like this one it all refers to prophesies that God must fulfill then you are locking him to a timetable and screwing with his free will. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

You'd know the point if you read it.. Don't be an idiot, read something before you respond to it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:02:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 12:48:23 PM, Randall999 wrote:

Jesus promising a Second Coming but waiting 2000 years? Jesus is a lightweight.

For onto him years are as minutes, and as a leaf falls to the earth so does the life of man.

Know you not the end of days by the passing of the seasons, for the coming of thy lord is not weighed by such a scale.

Look instead into thine heart and when it has been emptied of the self and can bear witness then shall I return.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 6:36:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 5:12:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 3/25/2011 4:38:58 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 1:16:23 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When I was deep in my biblical studies, this particular chapter (Matthew 24) was heavy as fvck to me. >.>

I looked at multiple translations, and they all say the same thing, usually in different words.. The good news translation in particular just flat out says it "34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died."

And none applied to the now dead generations? Strange.
Where in the Bible does it give this time as a date?
BTW, I did not read all that thumping above. TLTR. Did you have a point for posting it?

If like this one it all refers to prophesies that God must fulfill then you are locking him to a timetable and screwing with his free will. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

You'd know the point if you read it.. Don't be an idiot, read something before you respond to it.

No-one's gonna waste their time reading all that; be concise, give one or two examples etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 6:44:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 9:46:37 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 6:18:46 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It's not up to Jesus, but to the Father.. and ALL things happen just as He planned since before creation.

Well, only through me, says that the father is out of the picture.
Only regarding salvation; we are discussing His return to JUDGE..
As to God's plan.
Quite a perfect plan that includes the murder of your own son.
Is that the kind of plan you would call perfect?
It's was not murder; it was the willful sacrifice of a Sons life in love and obedience to His Father: " I lay down my own life, No one takes it from Me.. "
As to the so called sacrifice.





" I give my FLESH for the sins of the World. "

Regards
DL

Hope this helps..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 8:03:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 9:59:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.

Defining the word good, in God's absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.
That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.



God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

God is dead.
Thank God, God is dead.
Long live God.

God as defined as a set of rules that is, thus all benefit as secularism leads the way to better rules.

God became the Word. The word is Secular.

Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?
Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

Regards
DL

Response: Your stance suggests that God or Jesus has to appear to show love. This however is not rational because Allah(God) does not have to be physically seen to show love. Allah's power and authority allows Him to care for someone without being seen. Allah can provide for humanity whatever is necessary without physical appearance. He does not have to be seen. Jesus will only return when Allah commands so, so there is no injustice on Jesus's part for not yet coming because he does not have authority over his return.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:53:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/26/2011 6:36:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/25/2011 5:12:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 3/25/2011 4:38:58 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 1:16:23 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When I was deep in my biblical studies, this particular chapter (Matthew 24) was heavy as fvck to me. >.>

I looked at multiple translations, and they all say the same thing, usually in different words.. The good news translation in particular just flat out says it "34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died."

And none applied to the now dead generations? Strange.
Where in the Bible does it give this time as a date?
BTW, I did not read all that thumping above. TLTR. Did you have a point for posting it?

If like this one it all refers to prophesies that God must fulfill then you are locking him to a timetable and screwing with his free will. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

You'd know the point if you read it.. Don't be an idiot, read something before you respond to it.

No-one's gonna waste their time reading all that; be concise, give one or two examples etc..

Someone please prove these lazy fools wrong, and read that passage. It is clear as day what the source material is actually saying.

This relates to the "second coming". If you do not know this passage, you are wasting your time by talking about this "Second coming".
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 10:59:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/26/2011 6:44:45 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/25/2011 9:46:37 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/25/2011 6:18:46 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It's not up to Jesus, but to the Father.. and ALL things happen just as He planned since before creation.

Well, only through me, says that the father is out of the picture.
Only regarding salvation; we are discussing His return to JUDGE..
As to God's plan.
Quite a perfect plan that includes the murder of your own son.
Is that the kind of plan you would call perfect?
It's was not murder; it was the willful sacrifice of a Sons life in love and obedience to His Father: " I lay down my own life, No one takes it from Me.. "
As to the so called sacrifice.





" I give my FLESH for the sins of the World. "

Regards
DL

Hope this helps..

Useless rhetoric is not helpful at all.

Now you have shown a God who thinks it just perfect that he should die for the widgets he created. Oops, God cannot die.

How obsurd. Would you create something that you would die for.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 11:10:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/26/2011 8:03:41 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: Your stance suggests that God or Jesus has to appear to show love. This however is not rational because Allah(God) does not have to be physically seen to show love. Allah's power and authority allows Him to care for someone without being seen. Allah can provide for humanity whatever is necessary without physical appearance. He does not have to be seen. Jesus will only return when Allah commands so, so there is no injustice on Jesus's part for not yet coming because he does not have authority over his return.

Love is an emotion that must be shared and returned to be true love.

I love Shania Twain, so to speak, but she knows me as well as I know your invisible fantasy God so neither can be a true love.

Do you love someone? Is it true love if that love is not returned?

You say that God loves us all yet scripture shows many more of those he loves being sent to endless torture. Quite the love that

Regards
DL
Randall999
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 12:15:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/24/2011 9:59:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
...
As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.
.

To add-- consider this, that 100,000 children die each day from infectious disease alone (you can go to who.org and gather the stats if interested). 1,852 per hour. 30 per minute. 30 innocent souls, children, died painful deaths from microbes. Dengue fever is caused by a virus spread by mosquitoes and can cause what is known as 'breakbone fever' because the child feels like every bone in their body has been broken.

Yes a 'God' might want to take his little children 'home' (heaven), the little children that Jesus said to come unto him (as the story goes), and thus take their lives, but to beat the cr@p out of them before killing them? WTF? If there is a God, it is certainly not very kind, not very personal, not looking in on us, does not think much of life, life he allegedly created.
Randall999
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 12:18:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wrote >> " 30 innocent souls, children, died painful deaths from microbes."

Sorry, I meant "30 innocent souls, children, died painful deaths from microbes in the time it took me to write this sentence."

And now another 30 children died painful deaths from microbes in the time it took me to write THIS sentence.

Some caring God. Not.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 1:26:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/25/2011 1:11:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 "So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,'[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 "If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!' or, ‘There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 "So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 "Immediately after the distress of those days

"‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[b]

30 "Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,' 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Read this, stupids.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:02:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just skip to verse 30 and read on if you really are incapable of reading the source material to what you are talking about.

The point is, that the traditional concept of the second coming is NOT happening.

If it didn't already happen, it is never going to happen.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 7:19:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/28/2011 12:15:44 PM, Randall999 wrote:
At 3/24/2011 9:59:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
...
As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.
.

To add-- consider this, that 100,000 children die each day from infectious disease alone (you can go to who.org and gather the stats if interested). 1,852 per hour. 30 per minute. 30 innocent souls, children, died painful deaths from microbes. Dengue fever is caused by a virus spread by mosquitoes and can cause what is known as 'breakbone fever' because the child feels like every bone in their body has been broken.

Yes a 'God' might want to take his little children 'home' (heaven), the little children that Jesus said to come unto him (as the story goes), and thus take their lives, but to beat the cr@p out of them before killing them? WTF? If there is a God, it is certainly not very kind, not very personal, not looking in on us, does not think much of life, life he allegedly created.

I note here and elsewhere that you are a stat wizard.
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 7:25:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/28/2011 5:02:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Just skip to verse 30 and read on if you really are incapable of reading the source material to what you are talking about.

The point is, that the traditional concept of the second coming is NOT happening.

If it didn't already happen, it is never going to happen.

I agree that no such thing will come about. Not because fictional scripture says it but because if God showed up today, he would have too many tough questions to answer and if he is the genocidal maniac of the O T, then I have a bullet with his name on it here.

Human justice would be late but that S O B would get some.

Who in their right mind would follow such a deranged God?

Regards
DL