Jump to topic:

GodSands vs. DATCMOTO

crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 1:32:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
They should have a fight for the righteousness of Christianity. Mono y mono, they should battle it out. They're probably the two most active Christians on this site and both somewhat hated by the atheist and part of the agnostic community.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 2:22:41 PM
: At 3/18/2009 1:44:52 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
There are more Christians that that you know.

I can not trust anyone like you again. DCB in till they prove them selves worthy to be a true Christian. All my answers are answered in the spirit. Nothing one says will change my relationship with God. Only my own actions and choices will ulter it.

Do any other claim to be good or an evil person? Does any claim to know the Father. Or only believe in the Father? Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father. I have witnessed Jesus in the spirit. I felt like dirt, scum and utterly foolish, but Christ never gave up on me. Who else can say that has happened. It is easy to say I am a Christian on your profile. It is easy to say, "I am a Christian" I did that when I was 17, but I did not understand. DCB you were never a Christian, you only believed you were one. If you agree, you either are already a Christian or you are are ready to change, disagreeing with this and calling your self a Christian. You are no Christian, you only believe that you are.

To be a Christian you will give up all lusts, cursing and sin, give up to those who think you are normal and become abnormal to them, to become normal to God through Jesus' death.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 2:32:40 PM
At 3/18/2009 1:32:58 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
They should have a fight for the righteousness of Christianity. Mono y mono, they should battle it out. They're probably the two most active Christians on this site and both somewhat hated by the atheist and part of the agnostic community.

I guess that WOULD save you guys from having to fight us.. Not doing too well lately are you guys? hated BUT rated!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Nail_Bat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 3:04:09 PM

Hated? No way, they liven the place up!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 3:05:35 PM
At 3/18/2009 3:04:09 PM, Nail_Bat wrote:

Hated? No way, they liven the place up!

Absolutely..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Spaghettim0nst3r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 3:12:12 PM
At 3/18/2009 2:32:40 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I guess that WOULD save you guys from having to fight us.. Not doing too well lately are you guys? hated BUT rated!

No one is fighting you. Occasionally though, we'll yank your pullstring and see what broken-record phrase comes out, and laugh.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 3:19:34 PM
At 3/18/2009 3:12:12 PM, Spaghettim0nst3r wrote:
At 3/18/2009 2:32:40 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No one is fighting you. Occasionally though, we'll yank your pullstring and see what broken-record phrase comes out, and laugh.

No, every time your emotionally and intellectually spent you go off and lick your wounds (don't fret, I've a few others to deal with) for a while, then your back to calling me a troll and pretending that you haven't got a begrudging respect and maybe even a little ickle soft spot for me.. ;)
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 4:28:13 PM
I find that GodSands and Datcmoto add much needed flavor to our site.

The problem is that they are poorer in their understanding of their beliefs than Scientists are in theirs.

On top of that, their skills in debate are severely lacking.

Datcmoto is very unprofessional in comparison to GodSands, but Datcmoto is far better at responding to points and following the debate than GodSands is. GodSands has a wealth of faith, but cannot adequately convert his faith into understanding, and his understanding into logic and debate.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 4:53:48 PM
: At 3/18/2009 4:28:13 PM, Kleptin wrote:

The problem is that they are poorer in their understanding of their beliefs than Scientists are in theirs.

Datcmoto is very unprofessional in comparison to GodSands, but Datcmoto is far better at responding to points and following the debate than GodSands is. GodSands has a wealth of faith, but cannot adequately convert his faith into understanding, and his understanding into logic and debate.

God made each of us different from one another. Your criticism is demeaning. Your compliments are encouraging however.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 4:55:07 PM
I don't think anyone hates either of them. I certainly do not. I only find them to be a minor annoyance.

The pullstring line was hilarious.

At 3/18/2009 4:28:13 PM, Kleptin wrote:

We should combine their DNA and come up with DatGod or GodCMoto.
1337Hal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 4:57:19 PM

Agreed. I've only been here a week, but without these two *snickers* evangelists, I can tell this site would be a lot less fun.

True.

Also true. I would say non-existent.

I think Godsands is hands-down the better evangelist. He is more fervent when he puts forward points and he takes the time to actually come up with his own arguments. DATCMOTO, on the other hand, plays around when he argues, which lets us know he doesn't really believe the crap he says any more than we do. He never comes up with his own arguments, repeatedly quoting the Bible and outdated arguments. DAT has the better spelling/grammar/structure, but lacks compelling arguments.

Quick question for DAT and Godsands.... As evangelists, have you ever actually had a convert?
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 4:57:38 PM
At 3/18/2009 4:55:07 PM, JBlake wrote:

We should combine their DNA and come up with DatGod or GodCMoto.

DatGod has a ring to it.
When Reach fell, I came.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 5:53:32 PM
At 3/18/2009 4:53:48 PM, GodSands wrote:
God made each of us different from one another. Your criticism is demeaning. Your compliments are encouraging however.

This forum topic exists to compare you with DATCMOTO. Whether or not my criticism is demeaning is irrelevant, because I'm going along with the forum topic :/

My criticisms are just as true as my compliments.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Spaghettim0nst3r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2009 7:42:14 PM
At 3/18/2009 3:19:34 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
No, every time your emotionally and intellectually spent...

I've never even been emotionally exerted on this site.
To say that I'm emotionally "spent" ever is just wishful thinking on your part, which is understandable because you're behavior is in the pattern of substituting fantasy when reality isn't pleasant.

you go off and lick your wounds...

No, as I pointed out in another thread... you're one of those "gotta have the last word" troll types... as evidenced by you having the last post in every thread. People don't "go off and lick their wounds" they visualize you as a stubborn and ignorant "brick wall" of anti-intellect, and know that further conversation with you is futile because you're just too fundamentalist and stupid to understand... so they just stop posting. Once they reach that point and stop engaging you on the topic, you fancy yourself having "won" something, when in reality the only thing you've "won" is being annoying.

It is my personal opinion that this is your goal in the first place, because that is what forum trolls do. Ignore topics, spout garbage, and intentionally attempt to frustrate other posters (you even brag about it).

So sure, if you want the "Most Annoying" award, then you've won it.

then your back to calling me a troll...

I never stopped calling you a troll, once I discovered it for myself. We don't have this "on-again / off-again" relationship, I've recognized you for being what you are and I've remained consistent in my judgment of you since because you've given me no evidence that suggests I'm mistaken.

and pretending that you haven't got a begrudging respect and maybe even a little ickle soft spot for me.. ;)

Perhaps I do have a "soft spot" for you, because I do genuinely feel a deep empathy for other human beings in your condition. For me, my humanity and self-conception are composed of a lot of things that Christians, and people "very far gone" like you can never achieve. I feel sorry that you'll never be capable of conceptualizing of yourself as not being innately "sinful" just for being in existence. I feel sorry that you'll never be capable of seeing through that book that you're wasting so much of your life with.

I guess it is a soft spot, but not in the sense you implied.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 10:37:04 AM
At 3/18/2009 4:57:19 PM, 1337Hal wrote:

Agreed. I've only been here a week, but without these two *snickers* evangelists, I can tell this site would be a lot less fun.

True.

I think Godsands is hands-down the better evangelist. He is more fervent when he puts forward points and he takes the time to actually come up with his own arguments. DATCMOTO, on the other hand, plays around when he argues, which lets us know he doesn't really believe the crap he says any more than we do. He never comes up with his own arguments, repeatedly quoting the Bible and outdated arguments. DAT has the better spelling/grammar/structure, but lacks compelling arguments.
Sorry Godsands, but seeings as this lot cannot help but lie and ALWAYS reverse everything to gain the maximum leverage possible the above statement PROVES they think me the more dangerous.. I would agree.;)
Quick question for DAT and Godsands.... As evangelists, have you ever actually had a convert?
The Bible clearly teaches that 'Salvation is the Lords' so I do not try to convert anyone.. I simply present the Good news in my own inept way.. I actually see this site as training for the real world..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 10:47:38 AM
At 3/18/2009 7:42:14 PM, Spaghettim0nst3r wrote:
At 3/18/2009 3:19:34 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
No, every time your emotionally and intellectually spent...

I've never even been emotionally exerted on this site.
To say that I'm emotionally "spent" ever is just wishful thinking on your part, which is understandable because you're behavior is in the pattern of substituting fantasy when reality isn't pleasant.
Like playing computer games or listening to rock music you mean?
you go off and lick your wounds...

No, as I pointed out in another thread... you're one of those "gotta have the last word" troll types... as evidenced by you having the last post in every thread. People don't "go off and lick their wounds" they visualize you as a stubborn and ignorant "brick wall" of anti-intellect, and know that further conversation with you is futile because you're just too fundamentalist and stupid to understand... so they just stop posting. Once they reach that point and stop engaging you on the topic, you fancy yourself having "won" something, when in reality the only thing you've "won" is being annoying.
You should really just speak for yourself.. unless you feel inadequate in some way;)
It is my personal opinion that this is your goal in the first place, because that is what forum trolls do. Ignore topics, spout garbage, and intentionally attempt to frustrate other posters (you even brag about it).
Your the 'atheist' on a religious forum.. plenty of other places to go and 'debate' your funny little theories..
So sure, if you want the "Most Annoying" award, then you've won it.
Don't get annoyed.. it's only the internet.. it's only a debate site.. It's only your SOUL at stake..
then your back to calling me a troll...

I never stopped calling you a troll, once I discovered it for myself. We don't have this "on-again / off-again" relationship, I've recognized you for being what you are and I've remained consistent in my judgment of you since because you've given me no evidence that suggests I'm mistaken.
A quick look at your news feed reveals a definite pattern of on/off.. mine just shows I'm not online on sundays!
and pretending that you haven't got a begrudging respect and maybe even a little ickle soft spot for me.. ;)

Perhaps I do have a "soft spot" for you, because I do genuinely feel a deep empathy for other human beings in your condition. For me, my humanity and self-conception are composed of a lot of things that Christians, and people "very far gone" like you can never achieve. I feel sorry that you'll never be capable of conceptualizing of yourself as not being innately "sinful" just for being in existence. I feel sorry that you'll never be capable of seeing through that book that you're wasting so much of your life with.

I guess it is a soft spot, but not in the sense you implied.

Which is a statement designed to make you look sympathetic without being nice to me personally!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 10:51:12 AM
At 3/19/2009 10:37:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/18/2009 4:57:19 PM, 1337Hal wrote:

True.

Sorry Godsands, but seeings as this lot cannot help but lie and ALWAYS reverse everything to gain the maximum leverage possible the above statement PROVES they think me the more dangerous.. I would agree.;)

None of you guys are dangerous. Stop thinking that way.

The Bible clearly teaches that 'Salvation is the Lords' so I do not try to convert anyone.. I simply present the Good news in my own inept way.. I actually see this site as training for the real world..

It's not very "Good news" is it? To make more members fall out of your religion and destroy any potential converts that you may have.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 11:08:30 AM
At 3/19/2009 10:51:12 AM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:

It's not very "Good news" is it? To make more members fall out of your religion and destroy any potential converts that you may have.

Then why do you not simply go on your way and 'be happy' ?
BECAUSE like the rest of these guys your a BACK-SLIDER, meaning a defeated Christian.. and the enemy gives you no rest unless your doing his bidding..
It's NEVER too late (that goes for ALL of you!) God is ALWAYS waiting for you to turn back to Him.
" Behold! I stand at the door and knock.. WHOEVER opens the door I will come in and dine with him and him with Me.. " REVELATIONS 3:20
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 11:26:00 AM
We are here for good reasons, to help those who want to know the Lord, why waste your time compeating with us when we have found the answer, and you have not. Go waste you time else where. For who ever whats to know the Lord reply back on this reply. Deep in your heart you know there is a God. Deep in your heart, your spirit is screaming to be relested.

Yes I have debated when it will not bring one to Christ, but it is hard to give in to a lie. Aka evolution, big bang, no God etc...
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:16:17 PM
At 3/19/2009 11:26:00 AM, GodSands wrote:
We are here for good reasons, to help those who want to know the Lord, why waste your time compeating with us when we have found the answer, and you have not. Go waste you time else where. For who ever whats to know the Lord reply back on this reply. Deep in your heart you know there is a God. Deep in your heart, your spirit is screaming to be relested.

Yes I have debated when it will not bring one to Christ, but it is hard to give in to a lie. Aka evolution, big bang, no God etc...

So...how many people did you help without resorting to misunderstandings of science or logic and without angering them while talking adequate English that is perfectly understandable?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:35:01 PM
This is logic, humans and creations implies a creator. End of, if you really thought there was no God, then you would speak of God.
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:38:56 PM
At 3/19/2009 12:35:01 PM, GodSands wrote:
This is logic, humans and creations implies a creator. End of, if you really thought there was no God, then you would speak of God.

Humans and creations implies nothing. Who created God? Simple as that.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:40:46 PM
Who created God?

What caused the Big Bang?
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:46:35 PM
At 3/19/2009 12:40:46 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
Who created God?

Something we don't know: we have lots of answers.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:47:33 PM
The big bang never happened, God created the universe in 6 days no more than 10,000 years ago. God is timeless, no one created God, then God wouldn't be God if he was created.

To believe in evolution/big band its bring much doubt, if you reject those ideas then you will never be in doubt. God is not effected by time. Look into the string theory, its says, there are window in the sky, the string theory implies just that, Jesus said I am preparing a room for those you believe in me. God took 6 days creating the universe. God is preparing a room which will take up your life. By room I mean another universe. That is what the string theory implies that there are many other universe.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 12:49:44 PM
Something we don't know:

Exactly.
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2009 1:08:39 PM
At 3/19/2009 12:51:47 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

Quantum cosmology. El oh El mate - nice try.

Well, that's one answer...