Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

All you fornicating Christians...

InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:06:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
...better start gouging out your eyes.

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." - (Matthew 5:29)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:12:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/27/2011 11:06:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...better start gouging out your eyes.

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." - (Matthew 5:29)

Yes, because Christians fornicate with their right eyes. I prefer my left eye for that... stupid Christians.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:23:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
obvious troll is obvious
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:24:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/27/2011 11:22:31 PM, Nags wrote:
Do you even know what fornication is?

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? I'm pretty sure the verse is referring to staring at somebody lustfully. Perhaps I should have said "lust" in the title instead.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:25:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/27/2011 11:24:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 3/27/2011 11:22:31 PM, Nags wrote:
Do you even know what fornication is?

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?

Because the topic title and the original post don't agree with each other.

I'm pretty sure the verse is referring to staring at somebody lustfully. Perhaps I should have said "lust" in the title instead.

Indeed. Lust and fornication is very different.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:30:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fail thread is fail.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:39:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is a reason why lust is a sin. It causes you to be discontent.

Sin has nothing to do with moral laws or codes. Sin has to do with cognitive dissonance. Sin comes from intellectual dishonesty. Sin comes from a lack of REAL faith, which is ACTUALLY BELIEVING, not deluding yourself. Sin comes from a lack of self awareness... It comes from allowing yourself to stay hypnotized.

Sin is the reason you are miserable sack of crap. Keep it real, dawg. A year from now, you are going to look back at how stupid you were. You are going to keep doing it and doing it until you realize that you should have sent all your money to the church of Cosmic Alfonzo.

*points around randomly and with condemnation*

gimmie yo money, beeotch
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
spiritislife
Posts: 94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:59:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course, this is a hyperbole, a figure of speech, figurative language. Self-mutilation is a sin against the Fifth Commandment. If you think Jesus Christ's disciples did not understand these Words in Mt 5:29 as a hyperbole then show us one instance where one of His followers actually takes Him literally, and plucks his eye out?? Or show me where a saint actually does this in history and God praises him? All Christianity has always understood He was trying to get a serious point across. Jesus Christ is talking about how the occasions of sin should be 'plucked out' of our lives so that they do to lead us to losing our souls in hellfire for all eternity.

Here's what the Church Fathers have to say about the correct interpretation of the word "Scandalize Thee" in Matthew 5:29: "And if thy right eye scandalize thee....[29] "Scandalize thee"... That is, if it be a stumbling block, or occasion of sin to thee. By which we are taught to fly the immediate occasions of sin, though they be as dear to us, or as necessary as a hand or an eye.

When Jesus Christ said: "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Luke 12:34) no on thinks Jesus Christ is advocating selling our physical hearts because they are worth a lot of money. He, of course, means that whatever we hold dear in our minds and hearts in a spiritual sense will be the most important thing to us. But Jesus Christ wants us to put Him first, above all earthly delights and our worldly pursuits, which will end with time. The interpretation is key. We must ask ourselves: Do we truly understand the words of Jesus Christ as He was meant to be understood in any given passage? The next question becomes: "I don't know, who has the correct interpretation? Maybe I am misunderstanding it on my own. " God bless.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:32:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/27/2011 11:06:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...better start gouging out your eyes.

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." - (Matthew 5:29)

this is a physical representation of a spiritual reality: all sin emanates from the heart, and that is what we must actually gouge out; all those impulses that turn into thoughts and then actions..

James 1:14-15 (New International Version, ©2011)
14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:37:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It would be better had J-dizzle not died* to cut it out of oneself if one had sinned. The bible teaches that one sin is enough to go to hell, so it would be better to live with one eye than go to hell.
*He died for christians sins taking them away into the space between spaces.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:43:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/28/2011 5:37:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
It would be better had J-dizzle not died* to cut it out of oneself if one had sinned. The bible teaches that one sin is enough to go to hell, so it would be better to live with one eye than go to hell.
*He died for christians sins taking them away into the space between spaces.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:52:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/28/2011 5:43:16 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/28/2011 5:37:27 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
It would be better had J-dizzle not died* to cut it out of oneself if one had sinned. The bible teaches that one sin is enough to go to hell, so it would be better to live with one eye than go to hell.
*He died for christians sins taking them away into the space between spaces.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!


Exactly. I'm just assuming he took that sin to the space between spaces because thats where the aliens went in Indiana Jones. If you want to hear irrefutable proof for aliens ask Godsands.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 1:14:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/27/2011 11:12:12 PM, m93samman wrote:

Yes, because Christians fornicate with their right eyes. I prefer my left eye for that... stupid Christians.

And out there somewhere on the internet ....
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 1:27:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/28/2011 5:32:55 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/27/2011 11:06:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...better start gouging out your eyes.

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." - (Matthew 5:29)

this is a physical representation of a spiritual reality: all sin emanates from the heart, and that is what we must actually gouge out; all those impulses that turn into thoughts and then actions..


DATCMOTO actually makes sense here. He says that sin originates in our cardiac muscle(makes sense) and so to prevent ourselves from sinning against the Lord we must rip our heart out and die. A dead man can't sin right? Flawless logic.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 10:21:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 1:27:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:

DATCMOTO actually makes sense here. He says that sin originates in our cardiac muscle(makes sense) and so to prevent ourselves from sinning against the Lord we must rip our heart out and die. A dead man can't sin right? Flawless logic.

If he truly believed it, really, he would tear out hearts to send people to heaven.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:11:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 1:27:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/28/2011 5:32:55 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/27/2011 11:06:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...better start gouging out your eyes.

"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." - (Matthew 5:29)

this is a physical representation of a spiritual reality: all sin emanates from the heart, and that is what we must actually gouge out; all those impulses that turn into thoughts and then actions..


DATCMOTO actually makes sense here. He says that sin originates in our cardiac muscle(makes sense) and so to prevent ourselves from sinning against the Lord we must rip our heart out and die. A dead man can't sin right? Flawless logic.

http://2000adonline.com...
The Cross.. the Cross.