Jump to topic:

Heaven & Hell.

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:37:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here are two excerpts from Edvard Radzinsky's 'RASPUTIN The Last Word' -they both quote Felix Yusupov, one of Rasputin's murderers.

The first quote relates to before the murder; Felix has gone to Rasputin's home to pick him up, on a pretext, to take him to his own home to be killed:

(from P.464)
" I was suddenly overwhelmed with infinite pity for that person. I was ashamed of the dirty, monstrous lie I was resorting to. At that moment I despised myself. I ask myself how I could have conceived of such a base crime... I looked with horror on my trusting victim. "

The second relates to after Rasputin has been shot to death and is laid out on a table in Felix's cellar:

(from P.471)
" I was drawn irresistibly to that bloodied corpse. I no longer had the strength to struggle against myself. Rage and malice suffocated me. I was overwhelmed by a state I cannot explain.. "

Felix then goes on to beat the corpse with a dumb bell handle " flouting every human and divine law.. "

Is this not Heaven and Hell? as Felix exacts his plan God has mercy on him and fills him with 'infinite pity' and perfect clarity (Heaven) as to the gravity of his actions.. then, having rejected this clarity Felix is abandoned to rage and malice. (Hell)
The Cross.. the Cross.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:48:24 AM
And yet murdering children in Egypt is not only acceptable, but actually committed by your 'loving' deity. Does murder and genocide done in the name of your religion get one into heaven? The Conquistadores who slaughtered the Mayans and the Aztecs because they wouldn't instantly swallow Christian dogma, are they in heaven? How about the Crusaders who lead a bloody massacre across Persia when the Persian monarch allowed Christians to live peacefully in his lands? How about Martin Luther, founder of the Lutheran church, who wrote on how murdering Jews was not only not murder but the call of any true Christian? And Manifest Destiny, spreading Providence across America by slaughtering the barbarian primitives whom were obviously not your deity's people?

It seems as though Christians are determined to create hell for anyone who does not follow their world-view. Even today, radicalized Christians still shout loudly i the U.S. to suppress and oppress Muslims, gays and Jews. Do Christians who tyrannize over non-Christians go to heaven for 'spreading the word?' Is any act committed in the name of your deity automatically a good and proper thing?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 4:50:07 AM
At 3/29/2011 4:48:24 AM, PervRat wrote:
And yet murdering children in Egypt is not only acceptable, but actually committed by your 'loving' deity. Does murder and genocide done in the name of your religion get one into heaven? The Conquistadores who slaughtered the Mayans and the Aztecs because they wouldn't instantly swallow Christian dogma, are they in heaven? How about the Crusaders who lead a bloody massacre across Persia when the Persian monarch allowed Christians to live peacefully in his lands? How about Martin Luther, founder of the Lutheran church, who wrote on how murdering Jews was not only not murder but the call of any true Christian? And Manifest Destiny, spreading Providence across America by slaughtering the barbarian primitives whom were obviously not your deity's people?

It seems as though Christians are determined to create hell for anyone who does not follow their world-view. Even today, radicalized Christians still shout loudly i the U.S. to suppress and oppress Muslims, gays and Jews. Do Christians who tyrannize over non-Christians go to heaven for 'spreading the word?' Is any act committed in the name of your deity automatically a good and proper thing?

John 3:27
To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.

We may not judge how the Lord dealt with the Jews in the O.T.. in fact we may not judge anyone, as we have all been dealt a different hand by God and shall be judged by how we play that hand..

Non-believers will be judged by their consciences; if you decide in your heart not to even contemplate in believing the Gospel.. well..
The Cross.. the Cross.