Jump to topic:

What is God?

wolfhaines
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 7:58:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I want all those religious people out there to define God.
God is an Atheist. Faith is "belief in something that isn't based in fact". Since God knows everything he can't have faith, and because he already is the highest power he doesn't believe in a higher power. Atheist right there.

Last time I checked Logic and Reason weren't the causes of thousands of years of brutal warfare, discrimination, genocide, injustices and torture...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 8:02:05 AM
At 3/29/2011 7:58:49 AM, wolfhaines wrote:

Ok; his name begins with a T, he is omnibadass, and he uses oxford commas and doesn't afraid of anything.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 10:11:45 AM
I'm not a religious person in the traditional sense, and the use of the word god could be misleading when I use it...

But I define God as actuality, reality, existence.

It's a purely natural god that could possibly include the pantheist/panantheist/pandeist concepts of god.

Basically, it is a version of god that exists by definition.

To me, God and the word of God are the exact same thing. God and what some people call "creation" are the same thing. Yet, God goes beyond "creation" in the fact that God also is made up of the fundamental law or forces that allow "creation" to exist. I use the term "creation" very lightly. It it possible that what people call "creation" has always been here in one form or another.

All religion is a corrupted understanding of TRUE Islam, as all submit to God.

Calling any text the word of god is tantamount to idolatry. God's word is everything that exists. A tree is as much a word of God as a man, and both are just as much a word of God as a book or a skyscraper.

The Koran is no more holy a book than the Bible, and neither are more holy than Moby Dick.

The people who follow these man made religions are missing the point. They flail around in their corrupted understanding of symbols, and for this reason, they unknowingly worship a false god, they worship SATAN.

The God who exists in actuality is one, though it may seem as though there are many.

The God who exists in actuality doesn't care about whether or not people worship or not. The True God is not so egotistical.

The God who exists in actuality places no merit on these arbitrary laws of morality. God's law is perfect, and manifests itself in the physical laws that hold our universe together. The True God could care less about what people do, as they have to choice but to work within the confines of the law.

There is nothing supernatural about the God who exists in actuality. It is a purely natural God. There is no supernatural. Supernatural is an absurdity, it is like saying "greater than god".

Everyone and everything is a Muslim, for there is no choice. No matter what anyone may call themselves, they are still a Muslim. You have no choice but to submit to the God who exists in actuality, for free will is an illusion. True Islam has always been, and always will be.

Calling any man a prophet is also tantamount to idolatry. No man speaks for God, for God speaks alone. Everyone is a translator of God, though some are better translators than others.

God speaks in a way that is unintelligible to those whose understanding of the world around them is reliant on symbols. Even then, the limits of our own perception make God utterly incomprehensible.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
wolfhaines
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:50:39 AM
At 3/29/2011 8:02:05 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

Ok; his name begins with a T, he is omnibadass, and he uses oxford commas and doesn't afraid of anything.

All hail the omnibadass Thaddeus
God is an Atheist. Faith is "belief in something that isn't based in fact". Since God knows everything he can't have faith, and because he already is the highest power he doesn't believe in a higher power. Atheist right there.

Last time I checked Logic and Reason weren't the causes of thousands of years of brutal warfare, discrimination, genocide, injustices and torture...
wolfhaines
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:52:50 AM
CosmicAlfonzo, that is a really interesting answer actually.

Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 1:02:47 PM
At 3/29/2011 10:11:45 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I'm not a religious person in the traditional sense, and the use of the word god could be misleading when I use it...

It's a purely natural god that could possibly include the pantheist/panantheist/pandeist concepts of god.

To me, God and the word of God are the exact same thing. God and what some people call "creation" are the same thing. Yet, God goes beyond "creation" in the fact that God also is made up of the fundamental law or forces that allow "creation" to exist. I use the term "creation" very lightly. It it possible that what people call "creation" has always been here in one form or another.

Calling any text the word of god is tantamount to idolatry. God's word is everything that exists. A tree is as much a word of God as a man, and both are just as much a word of God as a book or a skyscraper.

The Koran is no more holy a book than the Bible, and neither are more holy than Moby Dick.

The people who follow these man made religions are missing the point. They flail around in their corrupted understanding of symbols, and for this reason, they unknowingly worship a false god, they worship SATAN.

The God who exists in actuality is one, though it may seem as though there are many.

The God who exists in actuality doesn't care about whether or not people worship or not. The True God is not so egotistical.

The God who exists in actuality places no merit on these arbitrary laws of morality. God's law is perfect, and manifests itself in the physical laws that hold our universe together. The True God could care less about what people do, as they have to choice but to work within the confines of the law.

There is nothing supernatural about the God who exists in actuality. It is a purely natural God. There is no supernatural. Supernatural is an absurdity, it is like saying "greater than god".

Everyone and everything is a Muslim, for there is no choice. No matter what anyone may call themselves, they are still a Muslim. You have no choice but to submit to the God who exists in actuality, for free will is an illusion. True Islam has always been, and always will be.

Calling any man a prophet is also tantamount to idolatry. No man speaks for God, for God speaks alone. Everyone is a translator of God, though some are better translators than others.

God speaks in a way that is unintelligible to those whose understanding of the world around them is reliant on symbols. Even then, the limits of our own perception make God utterly incomprehensible.

Gonna go out on a limb and assume you're trolling.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 8:09:07 PM
At 3/29/2011 1:02:47 PM, Veridas wrote:
At 3/29/2011 10:11:45 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Gonna go out on a limb and assume you're trolling.

Not at all, and I have no idea where you'd get that from.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 5:11:26 AM

He is a Person.. a Personality.. A Being..

He is Love, Light, Life, Truth, Wisdom, Peace and Joy..

He gave His only Begotten Son that we might be redeemed!
The Cross.. the Cross.
wolfhaines
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 8:13:26 AM
At 3/30/2011 5:11:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

If God is light, is he not darkness? If he is wisdom, is he not foolish? Peace, but not War? Joy, but not sadness? Life, but not death? Love but not hatred?

Didn't really do much to answer my question here. What characterisitcs does God have. Is he Omnipotent etc?

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 8:23:47 AM
At 3/29/2011 11:50:39 AM, wolfhaines wrote:

Woo! First worshipper. I command you to live a generally productive, chilled out and fun life and generally do what you want to. If you don't I shall smite your dead body. You are also forbidden to ask others to worship me. If anyone asks you must deny my existence, but not too hard because that takes too much effort.
wolfhaines
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:22:36 AM
At 3/30/2011 8:23:47 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

Woo! First worshipper. I command you to live a generally productive, chilled out and fun life and generally do what you want to. If you don't I shall smite your dead body. You are also forbidden to ask others to worship me. If anyone asks you must deny my existence, but not too hard because that takes too much effort.

I shall misinterpret what you just said, gather loads of followers, kill any followers of opposing Omnibadasses, worhip you in big expensive buildings while letting the poor die, then claim you will reward me for it. Sound ok?

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:27:36 AM
At 3/30/2011 9:22:36 AM, wolfhaines wrote:
At 3/30/2011 8:23:47 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

I shall misinterpret what you just said, gather loads of followers, kill any followers of opposing Omnibadasses, worhip you in big expensive buildings while letting the poor die, then claim you will reward me for it. Sound ok?

If it feels good man.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:31:19 AM
At 3/30/2011 8:13:26 AM, wolfhaines wrote:
At 3/30/2011 5:11:26 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

If God is light, is he not darkness? If he is wisdom, is he not foolish? Peace, but not War? Joy, but not sadness? Life, but not death? Love but not hatred?

Didn't really do much to answer my question here. What characterisitcs does God have. Is he Omnipotent etc?

If He is light He cannot be darkness.. If He is wisdom He cannot be foolishness;

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Everthing is defined by its attributes; once anything contains contrary attributes the thing is no longer itself but something else, like a 'square circle'..

His character is, above all, MERCIFUL.. He forgives Sin.. Suffers for us..
The Cross.. the Cross.