Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

ATHEISTS have no second chances ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:12:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

It's the same for a Christian if the Muslim god is real. You are in the exact situation. Does anyone on this site take you seriously?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:23:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:12:42 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

It's the same for a Christian if the Muslim god is real. You are in the exact situation. Does anyone on this site take you seriously?

No.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Social Pinko. Just remember, that you being an Atheist comes with confusion.
Not that you are NOT sure that you are one. But you cannot prove that God
does not exist. And you cannot say that the Bible is 100 percent wrong, or
can you say that 2.1 billion people are insane or illogical simply because
that is the number of religious people in the world. And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:37:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
------------------------------------------

This is the troll line. Please do not cross.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:43:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

If morons like you are going to Heaven, count me out.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:50:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

Lol if I think the bible is wrong about slavery I will be tortured by a God who refuses to provide evidence of his existence for not believing in him. Thankfully the God of the bible almost certainly does not exist so smart people are not doomed to torture anyway!

My question for you is why are YOU taking such a risk? In the Koran it says that if you don't believe the whole Koran is true you are going to suffer in the after-life. Why take the chance of NOT being a Muslim?

[2:85] Yet, here you are killing each other, and evicting some of you from their homes, banding against them sinfully and maliciously. Even when they surrendered, you demanded ransom from them. Evicting them was prohibited for you in the first place. Do you believe in part of the scripture and disbelieve in part? What should be the retribution for those among you who do this, except humiliation in this life, and a far worse retribution on the Day of Resurrection? GOD is never unaware of anything you do.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 8:59:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

So we should have faith just in case we are wrong? That is not faith, that is fear. I will not worship something out of fear. I'll take my chances thanks. And what is to say a Christian is less sinful than an atheist hm?
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 9:01:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM, interrogator wrote:
Social Pinko. Just remember, that you being an Atheist comes with confusion.
Not that you are NOT sure that you are one. But you cannot prove that God
does not exist. And you cannot say that the Bible is 100 percent wrong,

So I should believe in everything that isn't 100% wrong? You cannot prove ghosts, fairies, unicorns, werewolves, and vampires don't exist. They have about as much evidence as God does.

or
can you say that 2.1 billion people are insane or illogical simply because
that is the number of religious people in the world.

Actually I can say they are illogical. Believing in something for the sake of comfort when it has no significant evidence to say it exists is illogical.

And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.

Or, you are diluted.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:08:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 9:03:27 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:35:22 PM, interrogator wrote:
the Bible is 100 percent right.

LOL

Lol too. Comparing Luke 3 and Matthew 1 given two contradicting geneologies of Jesus supposedly from the line of Joseph. They start saying different things after King David.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 5:24:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."


Who was this directed at?

John 8:22
22 This made the Jews ask, "Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come'?"


So;

Matthew 12:40-42
40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one[a] greater than Jonah is here. 42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon's wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here.


Judgment and mercy are competely linked; YOU have been shown mercy and given salvation (unless you believe you earnt it?) You must now SPEND that Mercy on others, including atheists..

John 8:10-11 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said.

"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."


John 20:23
If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."


Try being a little less judgmental and a little more merciful;

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
The Cross.. the Cross.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 7:44:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I forgot who it was, maybe Mark Twain, stated that it could very well be possible that hell is a better place then heaven. Heaven is like going to a giant church, which most people can't stand being an hour in before being bored to death.

Also, since you can't sin on earth, I doubt you can sin in heaven which takes the fun out of everything. Also, the standards to get into heaven are so high in the christian religion, that I feel that more of my friends would be in hell then heaven.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 7:48:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 9:01:39 PM, rogue wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM, interrogator wrote:
And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.

Or, you are diluted.

I suppose you could say his argument is weak. I personally think it holds alot of water.
Extremely-Far-Right
Posts: 248
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 8:01:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM, interrogator wrote:
Social Pinko. Just remember, that you being an Atheist comes with confusion.
Not that you are NOT sure that you are one. But you cannot prove that God
does not exist. And you cannot say that the Bible is 100 percent wrong, or
can you say that 2.1 billion people are insane or illogical simply because
that is the number of religious people in the world. And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.

Ok, sure.

I can't prove that God exists. But that is also saying that you should give me evidence that the Flying Purple Hippopatamus doesn't exist. Give me evidence that the number god doesn't exist. Give me evidence that Zues doesn't exist. Give me evidence that there isn't a god that is a mix between a 1940's pencil and the back issue of Time magazine that is about the size of the sun? Give me evidence that it doesn't exist. Exactly you cant....

Now you see how ridiculous that assertion sounds.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 8:06:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 7:48:12 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/29/2011 9:01:39 PM, rogue wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM, interrogator wrote:
And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.

Or, you are diluted.

I suppose you could say his argument is weak. I personally think it holds alot of water.
Not to water down his argument, but have we tried mixing it up a little?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 8:06:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 8:06:36 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/30/2011 7:48:12 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/29/2011 9:01:39 PM, rogue wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:34:43 PM, interrogator wrote:
And the majority of all
human beings do believe in some form of deity or spiritual being.
You are just lost.

Or, you are diluted.

I suppose you could say his argument is weak. I personally think it holds alot of water.
Not to water down his argument, but have we tried mixing it up a little?

OK, I'm done now.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.

Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.


Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.

I'm pretty sure thats untrue. Anyone who lives without commiting a single sin can't be judged.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 4:58:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I'm pretty sure thats untrue. Anyone who lives without commiting a single sin can't be judged.

Original sin?
wolfhaines
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 5:35:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 4:58:42 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I'm pretty sure thats untrue. Anyone who lives without commiting a single sin can't be judged.

Original sin?

Christians have a such a damning and negative view of children. Why are so many against abortion if babies are all sinners anyway. Perhaps this is why the Bible talks so much of killing babies in genocides.
God is an Atheist. Faith is "belief in something that isn't based in fact". Since God knows everything he can't have faith, and because he already is the highest power he doesn't believe in a higher power. Atheist right there.

Last time I checked Logic and Reason weren't the causes of thousands of years of brutal warfare, discrimination, genocide, injustices and torture...
Jarjar3000
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 7:34:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

95% of you don't even know the basic doctrine of Christianity, your all pretty much noobs, You guys are like the people in call of duty who use juggernaut and last stand. Also the AK74.
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 10:32:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 7:34:39 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

95% of you don't even know the basic doctrine of Christianity, your all pretty much noobs, You guys are like the people in call of duty who use juggernaut and last stand. Also the AK74.

Wow that really helps your credibility lol. Alright, why don't you enlighten us on basic christian doctrine?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:06:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.


Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,


God FORGIVES sin, He never excuses it.
The Cross.. the Cross.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 10:40:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.


Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.

I'm pretty sure that's untrue. Anyone who lives without committing a single sin can't be judged.

Beg your pardon, I should clarify:

People who don't believe but live without committing any MAJOR sins (for example two people one Christian and another not, who live the same way - the Christian goes to heaven and the non-Christian would go to hell, am I wrong?)
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 10:41:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 5:35:26 PM, wolfhaines wrote:
At 3/30/2011 4:58:42 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I'm pretty sure thats untrue. Anyone who lives without commiting a single sin can't be judged.

Original sin?

Christians have a such a damning and negative view of children. Why are so many against abortion if babies are all sinners anyway. Perhaps this is why the Bible talks so much of killing babies in genocides.

???? wow, that's kind of.... harsh
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 10:43:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 5:06:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.


Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,


God FORGIVES sin, He never excuses it.

be that as it may, don't you have to ASK forgiveness to receive it? a non-believer would not ask, because of his or her lack of belief
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 10:47:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 10:40:47 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/30/2011 4:33:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/30/2011 3:48:56 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/29/2011 3:11:05 PM, interrogator wrote:
Because if they are wrong about everything or what they think about the Bible............ Then they are lost. If you are caught on judgement day, still in
your sins, then you are forever lost. So why are you taking such a risk ?
For us Christians, we are safe. It seems that you are not.

I take no "risk" because I believe that NOTHING will happen after I die.

At 3/29/2011 3:11:27 PM, interrogator wrote:
And by the way. You are wrong.


Cool, I've been told before, also, what if a person lives honorably, never hurts a single person, and never commits a single sin, they still go to hell according to the Christian belief, and that is why I have no faith. Because I hate hypocrites.

I'm pretty sure that's untrue. Anyone who lives without committing a single sin can't be judged.

Beg your pardon, I should clarify:

People who don't believe but live without committing any MAJOR sins (for example two people one Christian and another not, who live the same way - the Christian goes to heaven and the non-Christian would go to hell, am I wrong?)

There is no such thing as major, or minor sins in christianity. Every sin is equal. Its like the death sentence for the man who steals a loaf of bread, and a man who rapes and kills 20 children.

Yes, the christian goes to heaven, and the non christian, no matter how good, goes to hell. Even, according to the bible, if the christian was a mass murderer and rapist, he would still go to heaven. And the non christian, even if he was selfless, donated all his money to charity, and never harmed a soul, would go to hell.