Jump to topic:

Was our first God a man? Should our last be a

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 6:46:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Was our first God a man? Should our last be as well?

In reading a bit of history, you will find that the ancient men of power labeled themselves as Gods. Their progeny were called sons of God. I am not clear as to why Emperors and Kings did this. Either to compete with the other Gods or to displace past older Gods. I am not sure. Perhaps people had already started to think of God and laws as the same thing.

Scriptures tell us in John 1 that. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh.
To me, this means that the notion of the word/law was replaced by a leader/God and the consensus required to formalize the laws/God/word. Many thing that the word/flesh was Jesus but this obviously cannot be because Jesus is the N T God and this is way in the beginning of the O T.

My conclusion, based on nature and how the ancients would have perhaps seen it, follows this logic trail.

The God of any animal is one of it's own.
The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
It follows then that the God of men should be a man.
No other animal, other than man, has taken the notion that it's God should be some alien or an entity of other than it‘s own kind.

In terms of society, we have always followed men. Be they men of wealth, politics or religion, men have always been the ones to decide policies and the laws we follow. Today, most recognize that the laws in scripture are man made.
There are always the mentally lazy, literalists and fundamentals, who will foolishly believe that the word of God, the Bible was actually written or inspired by God. Most of intelligence will know otherwise. God would not start his word with a talking serpent and his cursing the earth that he just created. God is not that stupid. Only his literalist sheeple are.

Why we ever decided to chase after some invisible, absentee, super, miracle working God we may never know. The past hides it's secrets well. Most Eastern religions recognize the myth base of their beliefs. Mostly, it is the Western Abrahamic religions, including Islam, that for some reason decided to literalize scripture and give historicity to it's God and Jesus even as the originators of the Bible, the Jews and Hebrews. Any who have studied the older religious traditions will know that the Bible is a plagiarized account of many of the older religions. This is well documented.

Genesis tells us that A & E became as Gods. History tells us that many ancient men of power took that same title. Islam has Allah as a tile meaning God, a title. We have always followed the laws written by men and if I stretch my imagination I could even wonder if these men were inspired somehow.

Is it likely that we have misinterpreted the meaning in our ancient books and that the ideal God is supposed to be an abstract entity who we are not ever supposed to find. Is God, the word, just supposed to be a set of rules. I believe so. As interpreted by one man. Remember that that is all Moses came down the mountain with . Words and rules.

We are heading towards a new world order. This is being let by the U N and the World Monetary Fund. The political world will have it's God/man but if the religious world remains fractured, it will be sucked up by secular forces. This is inevitable to my mind unless religionists unite somehow under a new God.

Recognizing that A & E and thus all of mankind can be as Gods, is it not likely that our first God was a man of power?
Should we not now, since it looks like the world is on some kind of brink, consider doing what revelation indicates is to happen at end time, and elect ourselves a new God and give him power?

Was our first God a man?
Should we have a new man, as God, in this time?

Regards
DL
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 7:15:41 PM
Let me get this straight, You think perhaps men were gods? and the Bible is to be taken metaphorically?
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 7:51:34 PM
The bible says that god is love, and well um.. gravity sort of like.. makes stuff hug each other.. That's like love, right? Gravity is clearly a more beastly god than some dude wearing a funny hat.

Gravity'll fvck a nigga up. I think God is gravity. In fact, I think scripture clearly indicates that God is gravity, and if you disagree, I'm inclined to ask you to fling yourself off of the top of a cliff.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:05:38 AM
At 3/30/2011 7:15:41 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Let me get this straight, You think perhaps men were gods? and the Bible is to be taken metaphorically?

Yes. Or just plain myth.

Who but man can give voice to the will of God?
It has always been man.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:08:33 AM
At 3/30/2011 7:51:34 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The bible says that god is love,

Yes. And then it shows that love using genocide on humanity.
Strange kind of love that.
You can have that God. I reject his sorry rump.

Regards
DL
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:15:02 AM
At 3/31/2011 11:08:33 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL

I love you so much that im gonna have to rape and kill you.

Thats God in a nutshell.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:25:21 AM
At 3/31/2011 11:15:02 AM, tkubok wrote:

Regards
DL

I love you so much that im gonna have to rape and kill you.

Thats God in a nutshell.

I prefer N T God.
He uses rubber.

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:58:41 PM

Regards
DL

Hey, give the guy a break. Moses was becoming a sickly old man, and wandering around in the desert for 40 years with this large group of retards was getting lame. Moses needed a place to retire, and there was this nice relatively fertile looking land over the hill.. The only problem was, people already lived there... and they weren't willing to part with this prime real estate.

So Moses made his plans for taken that land public, and then he passed away...

So the ancient Jews rolled with it, and took that sh!t for themselves.. Didn't go completely as planned.. weren't able to kill all the babies.. but they still got a nice big hunk of land.

If you want to blame God for people abusing the concept, you technically could I suppose.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 12:29:14 PM
At 3/31/2011 4:58:41 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

If you want to blame God for people abusing the concept, you technically could I suppose.

I cannot blame what I do not believe exists.

You did remind me of this though with your talk of Moses.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 10:35:28 PM
At 4/1/2011 12:29:14 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:58:41 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I cannot blame what I do not believe exists.

You did remind me of this though with your talk of Moses.

Regards
DL

There are quite a few strawmans in that video.....
Also some contextual statements that the so called "scholar" in the room did not bring up.

Like to start the Famine,
The accuser states, "God sent the famine and God sent us to Egypt then God...."

Strictly Speaking the Famine was directly for Canaan and Egypt. Egypt was blessed and prospered due to the famine.
Second Israel was received into Egypt and also prospered in the famine. All of even the Land of Canaan survived due to the abundance of Grain that was available for Purchase in Egypt.

Also God was adapting to the Evil of the other 11 brothers that sold Joseph into slavery into Egypt. It is through Joseph the rest of them were blessed.

That brings alot of clarity.

The accuser then brings up... The the plagues on Egypt"
I do not see why the plagues to "cause" the Egyptains to release their profitable slaves was a problem... but he brings up the death of the Children.

I would like to point out that the Egyptians had multiple opportunities to release the Hebrews but chose not to do so UNTIL God brought out the heavy stick. There were Egyptian firstborn that did not die also. Egyptians that choose to receive the "Passover" blood on their homes and entrances also were not affected.

Only the families that chose to keep God's children in captivity were afflicted. The egyptian families directly paid for the countless Jews killed in captivity.

They could have avoided that fate by releasing the Jews.

It continues in quite a few factual errors from there.

What was this movie?
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 1:01:16 PM
We could micro analyze all day for details that Jews generally do not read literally. Their scriptures are food for thought. Not to be read literally.

http://www.raceandhistory.com...

The point they are trying to make is that God could have certainly found a more humane and sane way of doing things.

To believe Moses literally, you have to believe in magic and miracles and a God who would even use genocide against mankind instead of just curing what he thinks is a problem.
O T God is immoral as hell. Any God who orders the killing of anyone instead of stepping up himself for the dirty deed is an a hile who does not deserve to have believers take the position they do behind him.

http://i845.photobucket.com...

And God says, it is a myth and I do not do genocidal.
I would cure any I thought defective. I would not kill.
Theist who believe that I am so evil just show the evil in their hearts.

Regards
DL