Jump to topic:

A lack of zeal will lead one to sin.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2011 12:33:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And sin well with an empty heart for God. I would rather have put this into the Personal forum, but I believe people would prefer such a topic as this to remain in this forum.

I am talking about the Christians, not those unsaved or of false idols. A true Christian due to his or her regenerated heart will sense through the Spirit that something is a sin. Some thing's are far more obvious than other things, and for the less obvious sins, teaching is required, correct teaching that is.

However I want to share with all of you that I fall into a lot of sinful things. My mind can be full of anything else but God and His Glory. My best analogy I can give to describe this is healthy eating and exercise. Who has tried to exercise and get fit through eating the right foods and exercising enough? After a week or two, you feel great, your fitness level has increased, and you begin to see a change in your appearance. Still however you at one point will want something tasteful and sweat and fattening, yet you know it is unhealthy. Some people will crave sooner than others, but all will crave at one point. In the exactly the same way, although I know that following and obeying God is right, sin is tasteful and seemingly pleasing, yet like with unhealthy junk foods, you feel like an inflated balloon afterwards the taste has gone, knowing that your body is consuming all the saturated fats and sugars which you have just enjoyed. Brief is the moment of excitement and pleasure, yet some sins may have a longer intake than others, and it is a while until you come to the understanding that the sin you have been living in is actually not at all right, for example, a particular T.V. program, or perhaps you just are not willing to give whatever it maybe up.

Exercise and eating right to reach your goal requires perseverance, and a focused mind. Humility over rides it all, saying that you are fit and that your fitness is top notch when it is obvious to many that it isn't will only give you the down fall. So pride in being a Christian is going to get spiritual growth nowhere.

One must have a passion to get fit, and know yet a glimpse of what they will look like when reached their goal. Passion is the things that keeps the fire alight, without it, one is like wet coal dust. Therefore the person who wants to become fit must see that he or her self has to 'repent' which simply means turn away from the old life style, and come to a point where he or she is at terms with an image or an idea of what they want themselves to be like. Of course in translation in accordance with Christianity, this image is Jesus Christ.

An unsaved person, and lost person is like a fat and lazy person, unwilling to move and flinch, to convert a none believer is much like convincing a over weight person to join the gym and bit the cakes and snacks he or she so loves. Yet instead of getting the appearance you want to make yourself feel better about yourself, it is to be used for the well being of those around you. As a fit man is better than an unfit man to anyone.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2011 3:37:55 PM
I can only rightly think that due to the complete lack of commentary, that my reasoning is quite sound and no one will say so, or say otherwise. I maybe wrong?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2011 5:09:15 PM
At 4/3/2011 3:37:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
I can only rightly think that due to the complete lack of commentary, that my reasoning is quite sound and no one will say so, or say otherwise. I maybe wrong?:

TL;DR
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2011 9:05:17 PM
At 4/3/2011 12:33:46 AM, GodSands wrote:
And sin well with an empty heart for God. I would rather have put this into the Personal forum, but I believe people would prefer such a topic as this to remain in this forum.

I am talking about the Christians, not those unsaved or of false idols. A true Christian due to his or her regenerated heart will sense through the Spirit that something is a sin. Some thing's are far more obvious than other things, and for the less obvious sins, teaching is required, correct teaching that is.

More importantly, sin has a lot to do with the intent. My attitude towards God has a lot to do with whether my actions will be acceptable to Him. If I do something thinking it was sin, even if He didn't forbid it, I have still sinned.

Exercise and eating right to reach your goal requires perseverance, and a focused mind. Humility over rides it all, saying that you are fit and that your fitness is top notch when it is obvious to many that it isn't will only give you the down fall. So pride in being a Christian is going to get spiritual growth nowhere.

Humility and submission to God is key.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 5:00:15 AM

However I want to share with all of you that I fall into a lot of sinful things. My mind can be full of anything else but God and His Glory. My best analogy I can give to describe this is healthy eating and exercise. Who has tried to exercise and get fit through eating the right foods and exercising enough? After a week or two, you feel great, your fitness level has increased, and you begin to see a change in your appearance. Still however you at one point will want something tasteful and sweat and fattening, yet you know it is unhealthy. Some people will crave sooner than others, but all will crave at one point. In the exactly the same way, although I know that following and obeying God is right, sin is tasteful and seemingly pleasing, yet like with unhealthy junk foods, you feel like an inflated balloon afterwards the taste has gone, knowing that your body is consuming all the saturated fats and sugars which you have just enjoyed. Brief is the moment of excitement and pleasure, yet some sins may have a longer intake than others, and it is a while until you come to the understanding that the sin you have been living in is actually not at all right, for example, a particular T.V. program, or perhaps you just are not willing to give whatever it maybe up.

One must have a passion to get fit, and know yet a glimpse of what they will look like when reached their goal. Passion is the things that keeps the fire alight, without it, one is like wet coal dust. Therefore the person who wants to become fit must see that he or her self has to 'repent' which simply means turn away from the old life style, and come to a point where he or she is at terms with an image or an idea of what they want themselves to be like. Of course in translation in accordance with Christianity, this image is Jesus Christ.

An unsaved person, and lost person is like a fat and lazy person, unwilling to move and flinch, to convert a none believer is much like convincing a over weight person to join the gym and bit the cakes and snacks he or she so loves. Yet instead of getting the appearance you want to make yourself feel better about yourself, it is to be used for the well being of those around you. As a fit man is better than an unfit man to anyone.

The story of Moses is the PERFECT analogy of the Christian walk; we have been sold into slavery, we are brought up in slavery in a foreign land.. we are called by the Lord to come out of slavery, our enemy does NOT like this and tries everything to make us back down.

We are lead out of slavery with the enemy hot on our heels, we pass through the water (Baptism) and out of slavery.. the enemy no longer has any hold on us..

we then go through a period of testing, usually a desert experience..

Then we are commanded to go into battle and TAKE the ground; the promised land that already belongs to us.. putting to the sword all those secret resentments etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 6:37:37 AM
At 4/4/2011 5:00:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The story of Moses is the PERFECT analogy of the Christian walk; we have been sold into slavery, we are brought up in slavery in a foreign land.. we are called by the Lord to come out of slavery, our enemy does NOT like this and tries everything to make us back down.

We are lead out of slavery with the enemy hot on our heels, we pass through the water (Baptism) and out of slavery.. the enemy no longer has any hold on us..

we then go through a period of testing, usually a desert experience..

Then we are commanded to go into battle and TAKE the ground; the promised land that already belongs to us.. putting to the sword all those secret resentments etc..

Yes, yes, I totally agree. But the analogy I used was for those who don't believe in the Bible. In that I used an analogy that they could perhaps relate to?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 8:11:50 AM
At 4/3/2011 3:37:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
I can only rightly think that due to the complete lack of commentary, that my reasoning is quite sound and no one will say so, or say otherwise. I maybe wrong?

I got a good laugh out of that, thanks.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12