Jump to topic:

Deism VS Theism

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 12:43:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Deism is the belief in god but no belief in religion, theism on the other hand is the belief in religion [not necessarily god, think about Buddhists]. In my eyes the most logical would be Deism for religions are generally scams [see Scientology, and the Catholic Church] now this is not to say that ones belief system is a sham because they believe in an religion but rather to say that often the religion begins to encroach its basis which is meant to be god [unless you are a Buddhist or a part of another religion with no god]. I wish to hear your opinions upon the subject.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 12:55:32 AM
At 4/6/2011 12:43:27 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Deism is the belief in god but no belief in religion, theism on the other hand is the belief in religion [not necessarily god, think about Buddhists]. In my eyes the most logical would be Deism for religions are generally scams [see Scientology, and the Catholic Church] now this is not to say that ones belief system is a sham because they believe in an religion but rather to say that often the religion begins to encroach its basis which is meant to be god [unless you are a Buddhist or a part of another religion with no god]. I wish to hear your opinions upon the subject.

Deism is belief in God.

Theism is belief in Religion, which is the god of Theism.

Deism is a more rational belief, because religion is tarded, yo.

Is this what you are saying? I'm having trouble understanding.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 1:03:28 AM
You have you definitions a little mixed up.

Theism is the belief in a God. Buddhists are not theists.

Deism is the specific belief in a God which does not interfere with creation. Deism is a form of Theism. Deism is still religious but is not seen to be as religious as most other theistic religions.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 4:59:34 AM
At 4/6/2011 12:43:27 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Rather than look for what is logical or right or best, ask yourself "what is the truth?"

Then The Truth, Who is a Person, will reveal Himself to you..
The Cross.. the Cross.