Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

A question on God and Indian giving.

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 12:59:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A question on God and Indian giving.

You are given a gift, use it for a time, and then the one who gave you that gift takes it back without your permission or consent.

In other words, showing himself to be an Indian giver.

Would you call that a sin?
I call it a form of lying.

The giver is in effect saying, I am giving you this gift, when in reality, he is not, as demonstrated by his taking it back or away from you.
If not a lie, is that a sin and what is the sin called?

God himself in scriptures seems to do this regularly as he kills those he supposedly loves and takes away the free will gift he supposedly gave them. Their free will was obviously to live.

Is God an Indian giver?

Regards
DL
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 1:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 12:59:23 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
A question on God and Indian giving.

You are given a gift, use it for a time, and then the one who gave you that gift takes it back without your permission or consent.

In other words, showing himself to be an Indian giver.

Would you call that a sin?
I call it a form of lying.

The giver is in effect saying, I am giving you this gift, when in reality, he is not, as demonstrated by his taking it back or away from you.
If not a lie, is that a sin and what is the sin called?

God himself in scriptures seems to do this regularly as he kills those he supposedly loves and takes away the free will gift he supposedly gave them. Their free will was obviously to live.

Is God an Indian giver?

Regards
DL



I think free will refers to someone's ability to genuinely choose their own actions, not some kind of consequence-evading copout.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2011 2:42:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
When you gonna learn foo, God does what God pleases.

God is all just in the sense that everyone and everything is bound by the same laws.. Some interactions happen to be better at lawyering their way around the laws than others.

God isn't all good. God isn't all bad. God is just God. God doesn't give a fvck.

One minute you're having a jolly time sipping your tea out on the deck, the next minute a bird craps into your cup. That's just how God rolls.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 5:05:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 12:59:23 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
A question on God and Indian giving.

You are given a gift, use it for a time, and then the one who gave you that gift takes it back without your permission or consent.

In other words, showing himself to be an Indian giver.

Would you call that a sin?
I call it a form of lying.

The giver is in effect saying, I am giving you this gift, when in reality, he is not, as demonstrated by his taking it back or away from you.
If not a lie, is that a sin and what is the sin called?

God himself in scriptures seems to do this regularly as he kills those he supposedly loves and takes away the free will gift he supposedly gave them. Their free will was obviously to live.

Is God an Indian giver?

Regards
DL



No, satan is, and must be as he is always dealing with the finite..

The problem is getting YOU to accept His gift; Himself! which is eternal..
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 8:18:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 1:00:55 PM, Denote wrote:


I think free will refers to someone's ability to genuinely choose their own actions, not some kind of consequence-evading copout.

And if those at Sodom and in Noah's genocidal days chose to live and God ignored it, was he Indian giving?

Who was coping out. The people for wanting their right to life or God who was annulling their rights?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 8:24:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/10/2011 2:42:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When you gonna learn foo, God does what God pleases.

God is all just in the sense that everyone and everything is bound by the same laws.. Some interactions happen to be better at lawyering their way around the laws than others.

God isn't all good. God isn't all bad. God is just God. God doesn't give a fvck.

One minute you're having a jolly time sipping your tea out on the deck, the next minute a bird craps into your cup. That's just how God rolls.

6 million of us starve to death every year and you think God is busy making birds shat instead of feeding people. Smooth.

Is that what you are saying?

BTW, which God are you talking about?

Is that God acting justly when he is killing those he could just as easily be curing?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 8:27:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 5:05:30 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No, satan is, and must be as he is always dealing with the finite..

The problem is getting YOU to accept His gift; Himself! which is eternal..

I should accept Satan?

Why would I want to start believing in fantasy characters like him and God.
I am not a literalist or fundamental and want to stay in the real world thanks and not live in L La land.

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 10:03:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 8:24:29 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/10/2011 2:42:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
When you gonna learn foo, God does what God pleases.

God is all just in the sense that everyone and everything is bound by the same laws.. Some interactions happen to be better at lawyering their way around the laws than others.

God isn't all good. God isn't all bad. God is just God. God doesn't give a fvck.

One minute you're having a jolly time sipping your tea out on the deck, the next minute a bird craps into your cup. That's just how God rolls.

6 million of us starve to death every year and you think God is busy making birds shat instead of feeding people. Smooth.

Is that what you are saying?

BTW, which God are you talking about?

Is that God acting justly when he is killing those he could just as easily be curing?

Regards
DL

You're concepts of justice are skewed, as you still think in terms of human morality. There is a deeper law that permeates everything. The law of cause and effect. We have no choice but to comply with that law.

If millions die, it was the only thing that could have happened. Assuming that God is capable of caring, why would God? Live or die, we are following the law. Why give humans special treatment? Humans are but specks of nothing to God.

The concept of God has been used to justify many terrible things in history, but you can just as well blame human stupidity for going along with it as you can blame God. You can technically blame God for everything anyway, so blaming God is pointless.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 4:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 2:18:54 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
I agree.
There is no point in blaming what does not likely exist.

Regards
DL

Well, your conception of God is very unlikely to exist. All I'm trying to tell you is that you have a very shallow understanding of the concept. You have to understand that "finding God" is like solving a riddle, and if you close yourself off to "finding God", you miss out on a lot of mental exercise.

You are basically giving up on the riddle, and calling it stupid. It isn't stupid, it's meaningless, but it's still fun.

At 4/11/2011 2:20:47 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
C A

If I should not use human morality, whose morality should I be using?

Regards
DL

Armadillo morality.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 5:05:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 8:27:12 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/11/2011 5:05:30 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No, satan is, and must be as he is always dealing with the finite..

The problem is getting YOU to accept His gift; Himself! which is eternal..

I should accept Satan?

Why would I want to start believing in fantasy characters like him and God.
I am not a literalist or fundamental and want to stay in the real world thanks and not live in L La land.

Regards
DL

I would not give satan a capital S let alone a capital H on his!
But I think you knew that already; and THAT is your problem.. if you do not adhere to your conscience in these small matters then being led by the Lord onto greener pastures will prove difficult.

You asked a question WITHIN THE CONTEXT of 'IF God is real' and then, when it suited you, tried to quietly slip out of this context.. tut tut.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 11:49:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 4:29:43 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 4/11/2011 2:18:54 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
I agree.
There is no point in blaming what does not likely exist.

Regards
DL

Well, your conception of God is very unlikely to exist. All I'm trying to tell you is that you have a very shallow understanding of the concept. You have to understand that "finding God" is like solving a riddle, and if you close yourself off to "finding God", you miss out on a lot of mental exercise.

You are basically giving up on the riddle, and calling it stupid. It isn't stupid, it's meaningless, but it's still fun.


At 4/11/2011 2:20:47 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
C A

If I should not use human morality, whose morality should I be using?

Regards
DL

Armadillo morality.

It is not meaningless but it should be based on reality.

Seeking God I agree is a worthwhile endeavor.
I did it till I forced my apotheosis but the Godhead I found has no resemblance to the miracle working super absentee God that most chase after to assuage their fears and grant their wishes. That one is man made.

I consider myself lucky as most seekers do not reach apotheosis and most do not even believe in the concept. Admitting to it usually only draws scorn and derision. Trust me. I know this as a fact.

Most seek a God who can breach the laws of nature and physics but that is not what we have in our collective reality.

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 12:15:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 11:49:31 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 4/11/2011 4:29:43 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 4/11/2011 2:18:54 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
I agree.
There is no point in blaming what does not likely exist.

Regards
DL

Well, your conception of God is very unlikely to exist. All I'm trying to tell you is that you have a very shallow understanding of the concept. You have to understand that "finding God" is like solving a riddle, and if you close yourself off to "finding God", you miss out on a lot of mental exercise.

You are basically giving up on the riddle, and calling it stupid. It isn't stupid, it's meaningless, but it's still fun.


At 4/11/2011 2:20:47 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
C A

If I should not use human morality, whose morality should I be using?

Regards
DL

Armadillo morality.

It is not meaningless but it should be based on reality.

Seeking God I agree is a worthwhile endeavor.
I did it till I forced my apotheosis but the Godhead I found has no resemblance to the miracle working super absentee God that most chase after to assuage their fears and grant their wishes. That one is man made.

I consider myself lucky as most seekers do not reach apotheosis and most do not even believe in the concept. Admitting to it usually only draws scorn and derision. Trust me. I know this as a fact.

Most seek a God who can breach the laws of nature and physics but that is not what we have in our collective reality.

Regards
DL

Bingo. If your concept of God doesn't mesh with reality, it is false.

There is nothing supernatural about God, and when you realize what God is, it does open your doors to a lot of things. But never think you have it, it's a never ending search.

If you actually do have it, you realize how silly it is to get uptight about it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 1:58:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 12:15:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Bingo. If your concept of God doesn't mesh with reality, it is false.

There is nothing supernatural about God, and when you realize what God is, it does open your doors to a lot of things. But never think you have it, it's a never ending search.

If you actually do have it, you realize how silly it is to get uptight about it.

I agree. If God is found, he should be discarded, the pole raised a notch and the search renewed. If not, it becomes idol worship.
We evolve and God must evolve right along with us.

Regards
DL