Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The love of Christ for you!

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:21:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Some of you say that I am trying to convert people on this site. Well that is true - I am. I will write this as if I was preaching it by speaking it.

I want Jesus Christ to be glorified, because He is worthy even if He didn't save. I am not going to go on about God's wrath here, but I just was to express the love of Christ for you.

I am such a fool at times, one moment I am a zealot for God, then the next minute I am without faith. My mind is distant from the things of God. My care for anyone going to hell is gone and I become simply proud. When I sin when I am zealous, I beat myself up about it, then feel as if I now owe God a whole list of moral deeds. I then get caught up trying to be good and great for God. I forget about my humility in that process because I think I will re gain my status of perfect, and by that I become proud. I become religious and self righteous. And from there I drift away from what God wants, and I become all tied up with what I want.

Let me tell you about my Jesus! I know you people probably don't care, all you want to do is debate. And I know many of your world views are consistent with just debating.

Today I was tidying a house with a team of other people that go to my house group. The house was a mess, every room you enter looked like it haven't been cleaned in years, and it looked like that...Because it hadn't been. I don't know how I can get across to all of you, I don't know where to begin, how can I introduce Jesus Christ and what He has done for you, a sinner of this world?

The house was a mess, a tip, there was dirt and mess in every corner. Jesus Christ has come for one purpose only, to save. And through that, he become glorified. He has come to save! Let me make that clear, He has come to save! You are His subject matter. This tip of a doesn't deserve to home anyone, compared to a palace it should be destroyed. Now I and others who came to clean the house, were not kings nor were there queens cleaning that house. But I'll tell you this, Christ is a king, and not only that, He is God. When He was born, He didn't start existing then, no, He has always existed, forever. And then you came along, you were born into this world sinful, you are God hating, and you are proud, and self loving, you want your life to go your way, and if you don't get what you want, you will complain and if you have a right to. Now, to Jesus Christ, you have no rights, for anything. You have just turned up wanting, wanting, wanting and wanting more.

And yet, you never looked like that to Christ, I mean you are like that, and Christ knows that you are like that, but He has never treated you like you are, like you are. He looks at you and sees a sinful person, who has just entered into existence, expecting everything. You see, Christ has always been, He deserves anything. But like that house, that state of a house, where we as a team, were cleaning that house, Christ also sees you as sinful as you really are, and says, "Let me forgive you, come to me, and I will forgive of your sins, I have paid for them all!"

Look, if I had paid for you to into somewhere, and you do not show up, I have still paid for you, yet you miss out, because you chose not to turn up. Now the point here is that, you are loved, if you repent and believe or if you don't. He has loved you first. He has paid the price and out of that, He says, "Come to me, come to me, knowingly I have brought you from hell, now come to me, come to me!".

What makes me most sad is that many people will go to hell, and they will never even know what Christ has done for them. I have two brothers, they are not saved and I cannot help but pity them both. I look at them, they are just loved, I mean, they don't deserve any of what Christ offers, and neither do I, and that is what makes it so difficult. Christ sees you and He sees your sin as if He was the one who has sinned with you also. No, He sees you and sees that He was the only who has sinned, on that tree where He was crucified, He drank your hell, you hell is gone, it is gone, no more is it hanging there below your feet with its jaws waiting to swallow you whole. But He has done that, He has made is so that the jaws of hell are ever closed. He has paid for your sin as if He sinned, He became your sin. Yet I can have a gift wrapped for you waiting for you to take it, and you never show up to take it from me. A gift is never forced to be taken, I am never forced to have gifts at my Birthday. But that doesn't say, I have not gifts for my Birthday, I just refuse to take them. In the same way, if you do not come to Christ, Christ will give you what you do not want. An eternal hell. You see your pride is so strong, you won't accept a gift of salvation which will cost you your life in this life but an eternal life in the next, yet at the very same time, you do not want an eternal hell. Pride is the only sin that is competitive. It will fight off everything to remain.

But you do not see that Jesus Christ has paid for it all, your sin is gone, past, present and future, your sin is gone, never again will God judge you, ever again for God has taken your sin and judged Jesus Christ with it, all of it! You sin is gone, no more have you sin, it is gone. If only you will repent and believe, by that you will accept the free gift of grace and mercy. You, a sinner, don't you understand? You went against everything that Christ is. And still, don't you understand, He still loves you, what an amazing love, what an unconditional love?

I was tempted to make examples of your criticism here on this post, on things of what you might say in response you this. But you see, if I did that, how Christ like would that be? Your sin is gone, you will never be judged again ever, if you accept His grace and mercy. In the same way, if I made examples of what you could say in response to this, that would be like Christ saying, "Weren't you the worst sinner before I saved you?". But no, to Him you are seen perfect, spotless in His sight and without sin. Now, Jesus Christ will judge those who are saved, but look, He will judge the very people He died for. How then will He judge you as a sinner? Come to Him! Come to Him, you have been made worthy of eternal life, come now, come to Him!

Come to Christ, come to Him, give your life to Him, He only can love you unconditionally. One of my favorite preachers, Paul Washer came up with a great example of God's love. You as a sinner, God hating, and proud of it, you will go to a night club, sin all night long, yet while He is willing you to come to Him and repent and believe, He is making sure you get home safely, you get into a fight, you beat someone up, and you run from the police, He allows your legs to run fast, He gets you through that front door. You see, you deserve death, you don't deserve to live, that you may drop dead right down and go to hell - but no, because of His grace upon your life, all that you do, He will look after you, while calling you to come to Him, repent and believe in Him - Jesus Christ.

For those who die suddenly, well, they are equally justified to a person who has heard the Gospel yet dies of old age. In a sense, we all die suddenly, in a car accident or of an old age, we die, knowing that we are without excuse. You know not that you are proud, since no one likes to admit that they are proud, everyone thinks that they are humble or good. No, you must humble because you are not, good. Come to Christ and be saved, be saved!
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:42:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I personally don't think there's too many ANTI-GOD, sinning, heathen atheists that this form of emotive preaching is targeted atat DDO.

The atheists you should be aiming at are "cerebral narcissists", they see themselves above the blind faith which is modern evangelical Christianity. You argue against intelligentsia with the tone of arrogance if you at least expect a response which isn't mockery. (though truth be told it hard to argue faith in terms of general rationality).

You are, in effect, feeding any egotism that already exists. That is if they actually read your prose.

Yes, I read ALL of it.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:46:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Matthew 18:15
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GodSands, did you choose, by your own accord, to type that up and post it?

Don't think about it too hard, just answer yes or no please.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:51:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:51:05 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/12/2011 9:49:33 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exempli gratia


Explain.

What am I an example of?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:52:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If godsands wants to convert atheists so bad then I'd like to debate him on the Christian god's existence. If he can convert me then his quest shall be that much closer to completion.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 9:57:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:42:12 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I personally don't think there's too many ANTI-GOD, sinning, heathen atheists that this form of emotive preaching is targeted atat DDO.

The atheists you should be aiming at are "cerebral narcissists", they see themselves above the blind faith which is modern evangelical Christianity. You argue against intelligentsia with the tone of arrogance if you at least expect a response which isn't mockery. (though truth be told it hard to argue faith in terms of general rationality).

You are, in effect, feeding any egotism that already exists. That is if they actually read your prose.

Yes, I read ALL of it.

Now reason and logic are great tools, and should be used. Although I did use some logic and reason there, they cannot save. Logic and reason go by what is, not what should be. In that, you are not a Christian, but you ought to be. I cannot reason with you in why you should be a Christian, I cannot say because of these laws, you ought to be this, because if they were law, you would be already that something. You do not come to Christ because of laws and rules of logic and reason. Why then should they be used to get people into the kingdom? In fact people who call them selves Christians based on their logical reasoning have only comforted to what their minds have told them about Christianity. They intellectually accept the Gospel. But they are faithless. Faith is not a law, and thus you if you have faith are not treated if you broke any laws.

Not to say that faith in Jesus Christ is blind, no. In fact it is logical, based on logical thought that because God is absolute and righteous, and loving, we ought to be judged and thrown into hell. But based off of that logic, because we have broken every law of God's, the only way to be saved is to trust in Jesus Christ. Logic, and reason, both say, trust in Jesus Christ.
Humble yourself, this is why you don't think that there are many God haters out there. There are. Everyone who is of this world is God hating. You just do not see it like that, because you are proud, enable to see your fault, you therefore will not see how much you hate God.

I am sorry, in my first post, I made a few grammar mistakes.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:02:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:47:17 PM, Denote wrote:
GodSands, did you choose, by your own accord, to type that up and post it?

Don't think about it too hard, just answer yes or no please.

Yes.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:12:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:53:29 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Y'all postin' in a troll thread: http://oi52.tinypic.com...

If Zeus says eating babies is cool and Zeus is "the truth" then eating babies is cool.

It's not wrong it's just normative ethics.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:15:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 10:12:54 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 9:53:29 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Y'all postin' in a troll thread: http://oi52.tinypic.com...

If Zeus says eating babies is cool and Zeus is "the truth" then eating babies is cool.

It's not wrong it's just normative ethics.

1) Nobody takes your opinion seriously on anything, especially religion.
2) What does this have to do with GodSands admitting to trollery?
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:18:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:57:57 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 4/12/2011 9:42:12 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I personally don't think there's too many ANTI-GOD, sinning, heathen atheists that this form of emotive preaching is targeted atat DDO.

The atheists you should be aiming at are "cerebral narcissists", they see themselves above the blind faith which is modern evangelical Christianity. You argue against intelligentsia with the tone of arrogance if you at least expect a response which isn't mockery. (though truth be told it hard to argue faith in terms of general rationality).

You are, in effect, feeding any egotism that already exists. That is if they actually read your prose.

Yes, I read ALL of it.

Now reason and logic are great tools, and should be used. Although I did use some logic and reason there, they cannot save. Logic and reason go by what is, not what should be. In that, you are not a Christian, but you ought to be. I cannot reason with you in why you should be a Christian, I cannot say because of these laws, you ought to be this, because if they were law, you would be already that something. You do not come to Christ because of laws and rules of logic and reason. Why then should they be used to get people into the kingdom? In fact people who call them selves Christians based on their logical reasoning have only comforted to what their minds have told them about Christianity. They intellectually accept the Gospel. But they are faithless. Faith is not a law, and thus you if you have faith are not treated if you broke any laws.
Correct, correct.

Not to say that faith in Jesus Christ is blind, no. In fact it is logical, based on logical thought that because God is absolute and righteous, and loving, we ought to be judged and thrown into hell. But based off of that logic, because we have broken every law of God's, the only way to be saved is to trust in Jesus Christ. Logic, and reason, both say, trust in Jesus Christ.
Humble yourself, this is why you don't think that there are many God haters out there. There are. Everyone who is of this world is God hating. You just do not see it like that, because you are proud, enable to see your fault, you therefore will not see how much you hate God.
We don't even know if God exists or whether Christ is God. You can't deduct this and claim it's rational if the very question of Christ's Divinity, or Christ's very existence, in highly improbable.

I am sorry, in my first post, I made a few grammar mistakes.
I do them all the time.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:28:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 10:15:45 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:12:54 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 9:53:29 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Y'all postin' in a troll thread: http://oi52.tinypic.com...

If Zeus says eating babies is cool and Zeus is "the truth" then eating babies is cool.

It's not wrong it's just normative ethics.

1) Nobody takes your opinion seriously on anything, especially religion.
I never asked you take it seriously, just show the fallacy.
2) What does this have to do with GodSands admitting to trollery?
He didn't admitt a thing.

If an entity like a god have the quality of ultimate verticality rex veritas(king of truth), as the ancients called Him, how can He be wrong.

If an entity is absolute truth then whatever they say is correct by definition. Your impression of evil is nothing but a fabrication created by human 'justice'.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:33:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
is ther any evidence for cristianity?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:36:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 10:33:00 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
is ther any evidence for cristianity?
// Yes. [Bible, Catholic/Roman Archives,]

Is evidence strong enough for it's claims?
// Depends on the person.

Generally?
// Not really, no.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 10:57:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 10:36:45 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:33:00 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
is ther any evidence for cristianity?
// Yes. [Bible, Catholic/Roman Archives,]

Is evidence strong enough for it's claims?
// Depends on the person.

Generally?
// Not really, no.

Is Through the Looking Glass evidence for Wonderland?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 11:28:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 10:57:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:36:45 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:33:00 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
is ther any evidence for cristianity?
// Yes. [Bible, Catholic/Roman Archives,]

Is evidence strong enough for it's claims?
// Depends on the person.

Generally?
// Not really, no.

Is Through the Looking Glass evidence for Wonderland?
Yeah, it's not very good evidence though.

A person judges the relative value of evidence. Wikipedia give evidence Serbia exists; do you know Serbia exists? Have you been there? Can you test for its existance? Do other people accept its existance?

All these things are a means judging. Claims of divinity on the other hand, due to there rarity, need to be seen/sensed hence why today Bible truth is under more and more scrutiny.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 11:29:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Assuming you aren't a troll GodSands, and indeed believe you are a Christian...

You need to get real with yourself. I think breaking away, and expanding your horizons would do you good. The amount of cognitive dissonance that you are experiencing is directly proportional to your intellectual integrity.

Seek, and you will find. Right now, you are living in hell, and it is because you aren't being guided by the holy spirit. You lack understanding. Get it, and you'll find peace.

Seek, and you will find, yo.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 11:30:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 11:28:48 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:57:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:36:45 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 4/12/2011 10:33:00 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
is ther any evidence for cristianity?
// Yes. [Bible, Catholic/Roman Archives,]

Is evidence strong enough for it's claims?
// Depends on the person.

Generally?
// Not really, no.

Is Through the Looking Glass evidence for Wonderland?
Yeah, it's not very good evidence though.

A person judges the relative value of evidence. Wikipedia give evidence Serbia exists; do you know Serbia exists? Have you been there? Can you test for its existence? Do other people accept its existence?

All these things are a means judging. Claims of divinity on the other hand, due to there rarity, need to be seen/sensed hence why today Bible truth is under more and more scrutiny.
lol, bad example.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:41:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Godsands, how does Calvinism work? God can get away with sending you to Hell because you're sinful. Why are you sinful? Because of the Adam and Eve situation, right? Could the Adam and Eve situation or something similar NOT have occurred? I'd think not since Calvinists say that God chose the elect, and thus the damned, before the foundations of the Earth. So it's okay to send people to Hell because they're sinful anyhow, yet the reason they're sinful is because God wanted these same people to go to Hell?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:44:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The post seems less like GodSands is trying to convince others and more like he's trying to convince himself.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:48:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me." -- Jesus H. Christ (Luke 19:27)

I can definitely feel the love!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:53:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 9:53:29 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Y'all postin' in a troll thread: http://oi52.tinypic.com...

1. How do you end up with 25 "action items"? Seriously, what do you do in here, this place is dead.
2. John piper a sociopath? You ought to be kidding.
3. Close one :) For a second I thought that he'll admit it if he's an atheist
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:00:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 8:48:24 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
"those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me." -- Jesus H. Christ (Luke 19:27)

I can definitely feel the love!!!

You are taking that quote completely out of context. It is from a parable.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:40:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have read all of your posts. But by saying you have to reason and use logic to convince me isn't in yourself using logic or reason. You cannot say, "If you want to make use Christians, you have to have evidence for Christianity." Why do you need evidence, to want evidence for something is reasonable, yes. But it at the same time says you are proud. Jesus Commands you to repent and believe. Therefore evidence is not necessary, you just want it so you will feel like you are in control. Humility is vital here. Simply it is a case of humility.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:57:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 10:40:20 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have read all of your posts. But by saying you have to reason and use logic to convince me isn't in yourself using logic or reason. You cannot say, "If you want to make use Christians, you have to have evidence for Christianity." Why do you need evidence, to want evidence for something is reasonable, yes. But it at the same time says you are proud. Jesus Commands you to repent and believe. Therefore evidence is not necessary, you just want it so you will feel like you are in control. Humility is vital here. Simply it is a case of humility.

People aren't going to believe something they don't see as being rational or trustworthy. Commanding someone to believe in something that clearly doesn't happen in reality is assinine and counterproductive. This has nothing to do with humility, it has to do with not being a schmuck.

Your poor understanding of scripture does little more than hurt your own cause.

If someone can't believe, they aren't going to. Let them find their own ways. We are justified by faith, and if someone goes along with something they don't really have faith in, they aren't going to get anything out of it.

You are wasting your time. If the people don't want to hear your particular corruption of the gospel, humble yourself, and shake the dust off your feet. If you REALLY want to humble yourself, be open to the possibility that you are wrong, and take some good advice for a change.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 11:28:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 10:57:23 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 4/13/2011 10:40:20 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have read all of your posts. But by saying you have to reason and use logic to convince me isn't in yourself using logic or reason. You cannot say, "If you want to make use Christians, you have to have evidence for Christianity." Why do you need evidence, to want evidence for something is reasonable, yes. But it at the same time says you are proud. Jesus Commands you to repent and believe. Therefore evidence is not necessary, you just want it so you will feel like you are in control. Humility is vital here. Simply it is a case of humility.

People aren't going to believe something they don't see as being rational or trustworthy. Commanding someone to believe in something that clearly doesn't happen in reality is assinine and counterproductive. This has nothing to do with humility, it has to do with not being a schmuck.

Your poor understanding of scripture does little more than hurt your own cause.

If someone can't believe, they aren't going to. Let them find their own ways. We are justified by faith, and if someone goes along with something they don't really have faith in, they aren't going to get anything out of it.

You are wasting your time. If the people don't want to hear your particular corruption of the gospel, humble yourself, and shake the dust off your feet. If you REALLY want to humble yourself, be open to the possibility that you are wrong, and take some good advice for a change.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 12:08:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 11:28:52 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 4/13/2011 10:57:23 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 4/13/2011 10:40:20 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have read all of your posts. But by saying you have to reason and use logic to convince me isn't in yourself using logic or reason. You cannot say, "If you want to make use Christians, you have to have evidence for Christianity." Why do you need evidence, to want evidence for something is reasonable, yes. But it at the same time says you are proud. Jesus Commands you to repent and believe. Therefore evidence is not necessary, you just want it so you will feel like you are in control. Humility is vital here. Simply it is a case of humility.

People aren't going to believe something they don't see as being rational or trustworthy. Commanding someone to believe in something that clearly doesn't happen in reality is assinine and counterproductive. This has nothing to do with humility, it has to do with not being a schmuck.

Your poor understanding of scripture does little more than hurt your own cause.

If someone can't believe, they aren't going to. Let them find their own ways. We are justified by faith, and if someone goes along with something they don't really have faith in, they aren't going to get anything out of it.

You are wasting your time. If the people don't want to hear your particular corruption of the gospel, humble yourself, and shake the dust off your feet. If you REALLY want to humble yourself, be open to the possibility that you are wrong, and take some good advice for a change.


Humility without a base is circular. Jesus Christ is that bases. You speak about others having to be humble, yet it might be possible that really, what you are saying should ought to be applied to yourself. Why is that? Pride says, "I am humble.". Yet humility says nothing, but it claims to be nothing.