Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

proof of religion

truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 11:31:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
can anyone give any evidence for any religion (not just god) beside Judaism?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:07:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Religion stems from corrupted understanding and chaos magic.

Religions unintended purpose is to make it easier to identify who the schmucks are.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:12:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Consider the complexity of the human testicle.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:19:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 1:15:27 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Aye, the penis, a master peice of Gods Creation.

One look and you know there's a God.

Damn, wrong video. It's too straight
'sup DDO -- july 2013
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:32:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 1:10:12 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
The world is complex therefore god exists.

He asked for evidence for your RELIGION, not God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:38:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
getting back to the point I am taking for granted that there is a god who made a revelation at Sinai. for that I believe there is adequate evidence to at least consider that it might be true which brings me to the pragmatic reason of religion also known as Pascal's wager. (some of the evidence being the complexity of the universe, and the passed down tradition of hundreds of thousands if not millions of testimony.). my original question as I originally stated was is there proof to any other religion beside Judaism. (please keep it serious and at the very least mature)
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:27:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 1:38:15 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
getting back to the point I am taking for granted that there is a god who made a revelation at Sinai. for that I believe there is adequate evidence to at least consider that it might be true which brings me to the pragmatic reason of religion also known as Pascal's wager. (some of the evidence being the complexity of the universe, and the passed down tradition of hundreds of thousands if not millions of testimony.). my original question as I originally stated was is there proof to any other religion beside Judaism. (please keep it serious and at the very least mature)

The short answer is that there is not sufficient evidence to believe in any religion, Judaism included. Your reasons for religion, Pascal's wager, irreducible complexity, and tradition are really not evidence if you think about it for one second.

Pascal's wager
This is not evidence but merely fear mongering. If you use it to believe in one religion, why do you ignore the other ones who have hell for nonbelievers? Why be a Muslim instead of a Christian or a Christian instead of a Muslim? This is not real evidence at all really.

Complexity
Complexity of humans, animals, plants, any life form can all be accounted for adequately with evolution. I'm not going to explain the whole theory here but there is a plethora of evidence that one would have to be blind to ignore.

Tradition
Argument from popularity. A lot of people believing something has no bearing on it's truth. You say this is proof of Judaism but why not Christianity? The entire population of Jews in the world would make up only a fraction of the Christians only residing in the United States.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Heathen
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:31:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 11:31:39 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
can anyone give any evidence for any religion (not just god) beside Judaism?

I would like to know the proof of Judaism.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:41:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
to cosialpinko thank you for your response. I will address your points one by one. s1) Pascal's wager is not evidence nor is it fear mongering it is merely very rational reasoning to accept religion despite lack of proof. in my opinion it is solid point which should not be ignored by any objective truth seeker. 2)your remark regarding evolution I have quite a bit of trouble with evolution and believe it to be highly over rated. first of all I have yet to see a shred of solid evidence that evolution occurred the evidence" that I've seen has not been evidence that it did happen but rather that it could have happened. even there in my research I have found that is full of problems for example the problem of first cause. Another problem is that the evidence that organisms changed from the bacteria in hospitals that grow resistant to anti biotic the problem is it doesn't prove change but only the concept of survival of the fittest. next even if it were proven that changes did occur that only proves micro evolution which is most probably true and accepted however the major problem is how evolution can evolve from one species to another. granted improvement in a species is perfectly logical but to leap from there to say one species evolved into another is difficult. (to quote an analogy I herd from David gottlieb (former professor of philosophy at John Hopkins university)(he go the analogy from Steven J Gould) to say that just bec. we see ants can work together to build ant hills should we conclude from there that billions of them got together and built the pyramids). another problem is presented by palaeontologist Larry martin in critique of the claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs based on 85 similarities found between the bone structure. He says I grew disenchanted with the dinosaur bird connection when I realized that virtually none of the comparisons held up. another problem is the problem of punctuated equilibrium that you find no change for millions of years the sudden change (in fact Darwin himself admired to this problem but claimed that it was due to lack of fossil records in his time. since than we have dug quite a bit and the problem has still not been found, (any way there is a problem even to make this claim in his time bec. it is circular logic.)) .another problem is that much of the evidence has been false for example the kettle well experiment with moths of different colors during the industrial revolution. On this Richard dawkins made several gross errors. first of all it doesn't show change in carictaristic but rather an increase in population of a previously existing type. This does not support evolution, rather only survival of the fittest an obvious and logical idea. the next problem with this experiment is in a book called evolution in action written by mickle madjerus published by oxford press reviewed in the magazine nature. this book states these birds do not rest on tree trunks in fact 2 have been seen on tree trunks in the past 40 years. I will continue latter.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 12:24:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@sociopinko

You claim that there is not sufficient evidence for any religion. How do you know this? Yes, the burden of proof is on the religion to demonstrate its veracity, but what about the religions that have?

For example, Buddhism nor Taoism are lacking in evidence. Nearly all of their central religious claims can be verified to be true either philosophically or scientifically.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:39:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
before I continue my triad against evolution I would like just to give one piece of evidence for Judaism. the tradition passed down of the revelation at Sinai an impressive piece of evidence. more latter I just felt that this was an important point. with regard to my problems with evolution I want to stress that I am not refuting it just casting doubt on it. it is not a threat to religion even if it were true for god could have done it. the only relevance that t has is if shown untrue life itself would be a proof to religion. but I repeat evolution in no way refutes nor contradicts religion. more latter
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:43:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
one small quick point with regard to the comparison made between the wide spread religious belief and the revelation at Sinai. the diff. is in the former a mass of people claim to believe in the former the claim is an experiential claim.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:45:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 12:24:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sociopinko

You claim that there is not sufficient evidence for any religion. How do you know this? Yes, the burden of proof is on the religion to demonstrate its veracity, but what about the religions that have?

For example, Buddhism nor Taoism are lacking in evidence. Nearly all of their central religious claims can be verified to be true either philosophically or scientifically.

I don't know a whole lot about Daoism but Buddhism is definitely lacking in scientific evidence. It makes quite a few claims, karma and reincarnation, which have yet to be proven accurate.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:52:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 10:41:46 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
to cosialpinko thank you for your response. I will address your points one by one. s1) Pascal's wager
is not evidence nor is it fear mongering it is merely very rational reasoning to accept religion despite lack of proof. in my opinion it is solid point which should not be ignored by any objective truth seeker.

Why is it a 'solid' point? Where is the rationality in 'Well you might as well' mentality?

2)your remark regarding evolution I have quite a bit of trouble with evolution and believe it to be highly over rated. first of all I have yet to see a shred of solid evidence that evolution occurred the evidence" that I've seen has not been evidence that it did happen but rather that it could have happened. even there in my research I have found that is full of problems for example the problem of first cause. Another problem is that the evidence that organisms changed from the bacteria in hospitals that grow resistant to anti biotic the problem is it doesn't prove change but only the concept of survival of the fittest. next even if it were proven that changes did occur that only proves micro evolution which is most probably true and accepted however the major problem is how evolution can evolve from one species to another. granted improvement in a species is perfectly logical but to leap from there to say one species evolved into another is difficult. (to quote an analogy I herd from David gottlieb (former professor of philosophy at John Hopkins university)(he go the analogy from Steven J Gould) to say that just bec. we see ants can work together to build ant hills should we conclude from there that billions of them got together and built the pyramids). another problem is presented by palaeontologist Larry martin in critique of the claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs based on 85 similarities found between the bone structure. He says I grew disenchanted with the dinosaur bird connection when I realized that virtually none of the comparisons held up. another problem is the problem of punctuated equilibrium that you find no change for millions of years the sudden change (in fact Darwin himself admired to this problem but claimed that it was due to lack of fossil records in his time. since than we have dug quite a bit and the problem has still not been found, (any way there is a problem even to make this claim in his time bec. it is circular logic.)) .another problem is that much of the evidence has been false for example the kettle well experiment with moths of different colors during the industrial revolution. On this Richard dawkins made several gross errors. first of all it doesn't show change in carictaristic but rather an increase in population of a previously existing type. This does not support evolution, rather only survival of the fittest an obvious and logical idea. the next problem with this experiment is in a book called evolution in action written by mickle madjerus published by oxford press reviewed in the magazine nature. this book states these birds do not rest on tree trunks in fact 2 have been seen on tree trunks in the past 40 years. I will continue latter.

I don't think I can adress all of these points in a forum post but after reading this I am certainly dying to debate you on evolution. Of course you made the distinction between 'macro' and 'micro' evolution and while there is almost no difference, albeit the time involved, they are almost the same idea. It would be quite hard to accept one without the other. That is unless your a YEC and I won't insult you by lumping you in with them. Anyways, if you're up to it I would much enjoy a debate with you on the validity on the theory of evolution. It would allow a much more structured exchange of ideas. Actually I would be fine debating with you on the existence of the Jewish god and the validity of Judaism. It seems fun.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 1:53:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 1:43:09 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
one small quick point with regard to the comparison made between the wide spread religious belief and the revelation at Sinai. the diff. is in the former a mass of people claim to believe in the former the claim is an experiential claim.

Would you go into more detail about the 'revelation' at Sinai.?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:14:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In defence of Pascal's wager. Allow me to draw an analogy. say you have an options a and b there is a 50% chance that choosing choice a will result in infinite good, pleasure, and benefit. and choosing choice b will result in the opposite. and a 50% chance that if you chose a the negative repercussions will be at worst minimal and choice b provides possible minimal gain. in such a practical situation the proper decision would be to choose a.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:20:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:14:49 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
In defence of Pascal's wager. Allow me to draw an analogy. say you have an options a and b there is a 50% chance that choosing choice a will result in infinite good, pleasure, and benefit. and choosing choice b will result in the opposite. and a 50% chance that if you chose a the negative repercussions will be at worst minimal and choice b provides possible minimal gain. in such a practical situation the proper decision would be to choose a.

Ok, but if you choose Christianity and it's wrong, you may face negative repurcussions from Allah. Pascals Wager is a false dichotomy.

There's hundreds of religions to choose from, how is Christianity at all the safe bet? What if Christianity is the wrong choice and Hinduism is true, or Islam, or Buddhism, or Jainism, or Scientology, or Bahai, or Sikhism? Christianity isn't such a safe bet now is it????
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:23:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:14:49 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
In defence of Pascal's wager. Allow me to draw an analogy. say you have an options a and b there is a 50% chance that choosing choice a will result in infinite good, pleasure, and benefit. and choosing choice b will result in the opposite. and a 50% chance that if you chose a the negative repercussions will be at worst minimal and choice b provides possible minimal gain. in such a practical situation the proper decision would be to choose a.

Your mistake here is the wrong assumption that there is a 50/50 chance of Judaism being the correct religion. Pascal's wager should not be used before evaluation of evidence comes into play. Since you have not evaluated evidence we may assume that Islam also has a 50/50 chance of being correct. If you're basically just choosing the better outcome then why not go with Islam? It honestly has the same amount of credible evidence going for it as Judaism.

Pascal's wager is completely ridiculous when you really think about it because I can simply make up a religion where you have to give me a zj every day for the rest of my life or you'll burn for eternity. If you do though you get unlimited wealth, intelligence, health, and anything you want. Isn't it the rational option to just come over and give me a zj every day since you have nothing to lose if you're wrong but everything to gain if you're right?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:31:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Elaboration for the evidence of "revelation at Sinai" is as following: it is similar to the way we know many major historical facts. That is that people observed it and communicated it to others, through communication the story does not die with the death of the generation that observed it, rather it is trans generational it remains being passed down generation to generation by millions of people from millions of people to millions of people in a continuous chain for over 2000 years. The message has been that your ancestors experienced along with hundreds of thousands of other people the revelation of god. (the Jews are not the only one with this tradition the Muslims and Christians have accepted the revelation at Sinai. so now they are also passing it down making it billions.). this is y elaboration on the evidence of revelation at Sinai
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:38:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To Geo . that is an excellent criticism of Pascal's wager I've never heard it before. thank you. I will think it over one point I will make strait away is that as far as I can tell Judaism is the only one with a shred of evidence. But I'm still searching.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:45:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
to socialpinko your first point is an excellent one which I am working on now it was just mentioned by Geo. see my initial response to him. with regard to your second point I have thought of that and you may be correct. so lets see if Judaism has any evidence an that will solve all problems. I do agree with you that without any evidence I think you are indeed correct Pascal's wager should not be used.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:39:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
anyone?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:25:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 12:24:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sociopinko

You claim that there is not sufficient evidence for any religion. How do you know this? Yes, the burden of proof is on the religion to demonstrate its veracity, but what about the religions that have?

For example, Buddhism nor Taoism are lacking in evidence. Nearly all of their central religious claims can be verified to be true either philosophically or scientifically.

Very few on this site, have the objectivity, maturity and patience to actually test the veracity of a single complex religion much less all of the religions.

A burden of proof claim here is exhausting.
kowalskil
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:32:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 11:31:39 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
can anyone give any evidence for any religion (not just god) beside Judaism?

Evidence of religion is much easier to find than evidence for God, or gods. Existence of services, is places of worship, is one piece of evidence that religion exists.

Ludwik
.
.
Ludwik Kowalski, author of "Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality." <http://csam.montclair.edu...

http://csam.montclair.edu...

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is. Please share the link with those who might be interested, especially with youn
kowalskil
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:35:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 12:24:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sociopinko

You claim that there is not sufficient evidence for any religion. How do you know this? Yes, the burden of proof is on the religion to demonstrate its veracity, but what about the religions that have?

For example, Buddhism nor Taoism are lacking in evidence. Nearly all of their central religious claims can be verified to be true either philosophically or scientifically.

Religion is much more than God.

Ludwik
.
.
Ludwik Kowalski, author of "Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality." <http://csam.montclair.edu...

http://csam.montclair.edu...

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience is. Please share the link with those who might be interested, especially with youn
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:42:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/12/2011 11:31:39 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
can anyone give any evidence for any religion (not just god) beside Judaism?

Any prominent Apologist can provide significant evidence of their religion, Naik for Islam, Craig for Christianity being the obvious two. If you want to see it in the flesh so to speak, go to India and meet living saints and experience witness.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:08:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 9:35:37 PM, kowalskil wrote:
At 4/13/2011 12:24:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@sociopinko

You claim that there is not sufficient evidence for any religion. How do you know this? Yes, the burden of proof is on the religion to demonstrate its veracity, but what about the religions that have?

For example, Buddhism nor Taoism are lacking in evidence. Nearly all of their central religious claims can be verified to be true either philosophically or scientifically.

Religion is much more than God.

Yeah, no sh!t. Did I ever say religion is limited to God? No. In fact, as a Buddhist, a godless religion, I would know more than anyone that religion is indeed much more than God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat