Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

questions muslims cant answer

banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:58:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Q1. Why would God want his creation to not ask, questions, criticize, debate or experiment ideas that he gave us? This can only happen to cover up lies. This is the reason why we can't question clergy about things like What's the proof that God exists and what's the proof that Muhammad is the prophet of God. Seems like a great deceit to make sheep out of humans. Only truth can stand the fierce scrutiny and criticism and still stand tall.

Q2. Why would God make religions appear only in poor, illiterate and desert areas? 1400 years ago, Greek were more scientific and progressive, why religion didn't appear there instead? I tell you why. Because Muhammad could have only mislead the gullible, ignorant and poor people. In fact, his first followers were actually poor. Rich and literate people thought of him as crazy. Even today, if I go to a illiterate village and proclaim myself as a big saint, millions will follow me. That's how easy it is to make stupid people more stupid. That's why you don't see new religions forming in Europe.

Q3. If there is Science in Islam, why didn't God tell us how old the Universe is, how old Earth is, whether it is round or flat, how long it took for it to cool down, how Life began, how Life evolved? It seems that Allah knew only things that were already known at that time by the Greek and ancient scientists and philosophers. If I start a religion today, I wouldn't forget to add an ayat, "And thou will not spread mischief in the earth which took us fifteen billion years to make. There are altogether eleven dimensions, yet the unbelievers deny our signs." Ridiculous!

Q4. Why Abrahamic religions, specifically Islam is exclusivist? How can a truth be confined to some people and not others (people living in other places, other times etc. can't be all wrong). Buddhism on the other hand is not exclusivist like Islam. Buddha even said don't believe me, don't believe your holy books, don't believe what people say, but believe only what's true to your heart and mind, because truth can only come from inside, not outside (outside = scriptures, prophets, gods).

Q5. Why would God care about whether people believe in him or not? The creator of the universes and each and every atom in them, can't be so narrow minded, arrogant or stupid. Because arrogance means ‘covering up negative feelings about self' and genuine God would rather be full of self-esteem than arrogance. God's name being ‘Al-Mutakab-bir' is beyond me.

Q6. Why would God choose a mass murderer, rapist, blasphemer, pedophile, madman and power and sex hungry person as his prophet? Marriage with 9 year old Aisha, Marriage with his daughter-in-law Zainab, Marriage with Javairah, his slave after killing his father, husband and brother the same day, killing others just because they don't believed him, killing someone if they change their religion, killing without reason, spreading Islam not with discussion, logic or spirituality but with murder and war is beyond me.

Q7. Ali Sina says that Muhammad was a mentally sick person or what you call a narcissist having temporal lobe epilepsy. I watched a video on ‘Temporal Lobe Epilepsy' on YouTube. It is a BBC documentary and the way it describes about the experiences of people with sensitive temporal lobe resembles exactly how Muhammad acted when he used to get revelations, sweating, feeling guilty and sad, feeling that he'll go mad and that sort of thing. Furthermore, why an angle would make him feel so demonic and depressed is beyond me? Aren't we humans supposed to experience something enlightening, happy and peaceful when such alleged experiences take place?

Q8. Why shouldn't we accept for others, laws and morals we deem perfect for ourselves. That's the only measure of truth. If I speak truth, do good, be gentle, I would want the same to happen to all people. Following this logic, if a Muslim who becomes a Hindu should be killed, shouldn't we teach these great laws to all other religions. Shouldn't Hindus, Christians and Jews also kill people who become Muslims? Why not? If what we regard as moral and as truth, shouldn't that be true to all others?

Q9. It seems that Muhammad was not a nice man, I couldn't find a single act of kindness from this person in the whole of Islam's history. The only two stories of kindness were the story of Jew lady who used to throw garbage at prophet and he, at the time of her death came to visit her. And another incident about a young man who used to eat too much sugar and her mother requested Muhammad to ask him to stop it. He didn't ask him to stop anything but later asked him to stop eating too much sugar because this time around he himself stopped eating too much sugar. Both of these stories are fables and are not found in Quran, Hadiths or the complete Islamic History. If I am wrong, find me any ayat or hadith matching these stories. I will not become apostate if you can tell me a single incident of kindness ever done by Muhammad. Remember, you can't tell me about what Muhammad said to his followers about how to conduct life and be kind etc. I want his own personal acts of kindness only. Any Schmuck can ask others to do good and himself do otherwise.

Q10. Why a person who is religious is more prone to absurdities and away from reality of life? Why an educated person is less likely to be religious? Doesn't that mean that religion is for the gullible, weak and immature? Why was Einstein, the most intelligent person who walked on earth was not religious. If it didn't worked for him (most intelligent) How can you claim that you know better? If he worked it out without religion, why it won't work for you?

Q11. If God created us and sent Adam from Heaven to Earth, why are there fossils found for all early primates that were neither chimp nor humans? Checkout this link. What does God created something actually mean? Wherever science looks, it finds some process involved, no magic! Is God subjugated to natural laws? In our present lives we don't see magic happening, no waters parted, no virgin births, no moons being cut and no back to the future Miraj happening. Humans have always attributed magical thinking to past and future events to make a sense of the world they live in. In other words, ‘I didn't see it happen therefore magic man did it!' Doesn't it make sense?

Q12. If we have souls and are either to go to heaven or hell, why don't animals have souls? Since we've evolved from animals, and early humans like homo erectus or homo habilis were intelligent too (slightly lower than us) would they also be judged on the judgment day? If not, why not? They didn't have any prophets too, because their brains didn't think in malignant ways like us. We are more clever. Doesn't that prove that the more clever we get the more potential we have to become notorious and the most likely it is for a God to appear out of no where? (God didn't made us in his own image, we made God in our own image).

Q13. Buddhists are more moral than Muslims. They won't burn embassies, temples and churches to prove they are true. They don't believe in a God. Does it not mean that morality doesn't depend upon God or absolute laws but inner resolve and commitment? Only immature and morally bankrupt people need fear of hell or greed of heaven to be moral.

Q14. If Quran is the Guidance from God, why can it be shaped in any way of thinking imaginable? A book of guidance from God should be straight forward and objective rather than being subjective and full of discrepancies. But it seems our Omniscient God thinks like humans and learns via trial and error.

Q15. If the only reason one should stick to religion is because of the uncertainties of the afterlife, what if it turned out that, there in fact is a God who tested us all to see whether we become fools at the hands of authority, religion and society or discover the truth and reality of life. All those who allow themselves to become fools m
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:55:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/15/2011 3:42:11 AM, Mirza wrote:
I wonder if you would read a response.

I doubt it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 10:47:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 7:58:54 AM, banker wrote:
Q1. Why would God want his creation to not ask, questions, criticize, debate or experiment ideas that he gave us?

You can ask all you want. But one has to ensure whom one asks. You don't ask your next door neighbor, or your friend. You go and ask one who is an expert on said matter, or at least has some knowledge about the subject at hand.

Q2. Why would God make religions appear only in poor, illiterate and desert areas?

Muhammad was from an affluent family. But an interesting question nonetheless.

Q3. If there is Science in Islam, why didn't God tell us how old the Universe is, how old Earth is, whether it is round or flat, how long it took for it to cool down, how Life began, how Life evolved?

You want God to let his creation ask, criticize, debate and simultaneously you want him to give us all the answers. Besides, the main thrust of the Quran is not to explain the universe, it's how to live in society. How the universe works doesn't make much of a difference to an average person who's much more concerned with how to live a happy life, or at least should be.

Q4. Why Abrahamic religions, specifically Islam is exclusivist?

This an interesting question. Some people believe that there can only be one way that is right. Others believe that many paths can lead to one place. But still, of the many paths, there will still be one which is the best path. All of them cannot be the best.

Religions want people to follow the best path. People will keep on arguing about which path is the best one. Since no consensus can ever be reached, it makes sense if an authority decides for them all, don't you think?

Q5. Why would God care about whether people believe in him or not?
A simple analogy sheds good light on this question. Replace God with parents and people with children. The assumption is God works at a much higher intellectual level than us. The gap is even more than that between parents and children.


Q6. Why would God choose a mass murderer, rapist, blasphemer, pedophile, madman and power and sex hungry person as his prophet?

If a murderer speaks the truth, it's not the truth? If a rapist speaks the truth, it's to be disregarded? The Ramayana, a Hindu holy epic was written by a killer and thief. The characters in the story are worshipped as Gods.

Don't fall into the fallacy of who says before understanding what's said and why.

Also, certain social practices of ancient times appear disgusting today. That doesn't mean they were considered wrong at that time. You are judging people by today's standards, and by the same criteria the Founding Fathers should be jailed for slavery.


Q7. Ali Sina says that Muhammad was a mentally sick person or what you call a narcissist having temporal lobe epilepsy. Furthermore, why an angle would make him feel so demonic and depressed is beyond me? Aren't we humans supposed to experience something enlightening, happy and peaceful when such alleged experiences take place?

Hmm. Since angelic encounters are pretty rare, one cannot definitively say how it should be. You have certain assumptions about them, and you extrapolate using that. But you cannot know for sure unless you undergo it yourself. Otherwise, you just have to accept the word of someone who went through it. Or you can doubt his word. But not because you think that's not how it should be. maybe you think he's a liar or something like that.


Q8. Why shouldn't we accept for others, laws and morals we deem perfect for ourselves. That's the only measure of truth. If I speak truth, do good, be gentle, I would want the same to happen to all people. Following this logic, if a Muslim who becomes a Hindu should be killed, shouldn't that be true to all others?

By the way you bandy about the word kill, it appears that you think it's an easy decision to make as to who is to be killed. There are very stringent requirements that have to be met before you can go about killing anyone. You cannot be selective in your quoting something.

Q9. It seems that Muhammad was not a nice man, I couldn't find a single act of kindness from this person in the whole of Islam's history. Any Schmuck can ask others to do good and himself do otherwise.

Even if this is true, how does it in any way negate what he said? Remember, concentrate on what's said and why, not on who said it.

If someone can give you examples, would you then immediately accept everything that Muhammad said? Or would you still think about what the words mean, whether they are right or wrong?

Q10. Why a person who is religious is more prone to absurdities and away from reality of life? Why an educated person is less likely to be religious? Doesn't that mean that religion is for the gullible, weak and immature? Why was Einstein, the most intelligent person who walked on earth was not religious. If it didn't worked for him (most intelligent) How can you claim that you know better? If he worked it out without religion, why it won't work for you?

Educated persons still have superstitions. You won't believe Muhammad, but you will believe Einstein. Will you believe Einstein if he starts speaking about, say economics? Just because a person is an expert in one field, it does not automatically mean you can take his word on everything.

Also, if somebody gives you an example of another intelligent person believing in religion, will you immediately start believing in it too?

Q11. If God created us and sent Adam from Heaven to Earth, why are there fossils found for all early primates that were neither chimp nor humans? Checkout this link. What does God created something actually mean? Wherever science looks, it finds some process involved, no magic! Is God subjugated to natural laws? In our present lives we don't see magic happening. Humans have always attributed magical thinking to past and future events to make a sense of the world they live in. In other words, ‘I didn't see it happen therefore magic man did it!' Doesn't it make sense?

I read somewhere. Just because we know how it's done, doesn't make it any less magical. Just think about it.

Q12. If we have souls and are either to go to heaven or hell, why don't animals have souls? would they also be judged on the judgment day? They didn't have any prophets too, We are more clever. Doesn't that prove that the more clever we and the most likely it is for a God to appear out of no where? (God didn't made us in his own image, we made God in our own image).

Does God need to come to animals? What will he say to them? Thou shalt not kill? Do animals get confused and need guidance? Do they need explanations about their world? do you want to be like an animal? It's a no win situation. God only needs to come to those who are capable of comprehending God, which can then be twisted to say, we thought up God.

Q13. Buddhists are more moral than Muslims. They don't believe in a God. Only immature and morally bankrupt people need fear of hell or greed of heaven to be moral.

If a rapist stops raping because he thinks he'll be executed, it's wrong according to you? He should stop raping ONLY because raping is wrong. Otherwise you are arguing that every single person can think such deep thoughts and behave morally, or don't immature people exist?

Q14. If Quran is the Guidance from God, why can it be shaped in any way of thinking imaginable? A book of guidance from God should be straight forward and objective.

People have been known to draw the wrong conclusion on things they saw with their own eyes.

Q15. If the only reason one should stick to religion is because of the uncertainties of the afterlife, what if it turned out that, there in fact is a God who tested us all to see whether we become fools

Well, what if it's the other way round? This doesn't lead anywhere.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
wolfhaines
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:07:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Don't most of those questions apply for Christianity too?

I mean, Jesus could have been born in Rome, and Christianity would have spread across Europe like wildfire. Instead he went to some backwater village in middle of nowhere so it took hundreds of years for Christianity to even reach Rome. Oh wait- none of it is real anyway so I don't care.
God is an Atheist. Faith is "belief in something that isn't based in fact". Since God knows everything he can't have faith, and because he already is the highest power he doesn't believe in a higher power. Atheist right there.

Last time I checked Logic and Reason weren't the causes of thousands of years of brutal warfare, discrimination, genocide, injustices and torture...
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:13:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can I play?

Questions Muslims AND Christians can't answer:

Q1: Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect on the expansion of the universe?

Q 2: Do black holes produce thermal radiation, as expected on theoretical grounds?

Q 3: Does nature have more than four spacetime dimensions?

Q 4: Is the theory of cosmic inflation correct, and if so, what are the details of this epoch?

Q 5: What do the phenomena that differ going forward and backwards in time tell us about the nature of time?

Q 6: Are there exceptions to the principle of causality?

Q 7: Is the universe heading towards a Big Freeze, a Big Rip, a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce?

Q 8: Why is gravity such a weak force?

Q 9: Do non-Abelian gauge theories with a mass gap actually exist?

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org...
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:42:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 9:13:19 AM, Meatros wrote:
Can I play?

I am going to take a stab at this. Let me know how I do please :-)

Questions Muslims AND Christians can't answer:

Q1: Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect on the expansion of the universe?

I am going to assume that the expansion is more heavily influenced by the expansion of dark matter and entropy then it is quantum vacuum.

Q 2: Do black holes produce thermal radiation, as expected on theoretical grounds?

Yes

Q 3: Does nature have more than four spacetime dimensions?

Yes

Q 4: Is the theory of cosmic inflation correct, and if so, what are the details of this epoch?

I believe cosmic inflation is correct. It is difficult to explain the epoch. Fare it to say everything that exists was at one point infintisimally small.

Q 5: What do the phenomena that differ going forward and backwards in time tell us about the nature of time?

That time is relative

Q 6: Are there exceptions to the principle of causality?

No

Q 7: Is the universe heading towards a Big Freeze, a Big Rip, a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce?

IMO Big Freeze

Q 8: Why is gravity such a weak force?

Well that depends on the field of gravity. The gravity of a black whole is no weak force! Gravity's force is determined by the density of matter withing a space time field.

Q 9: Do non-Abelian gauge theories with a mass gap actually exist?

Good question :-P lolz. Not to my knowledge.

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org...
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 1:39:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.

I don't think it is possible.

You see, we have already experienced the world.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 6:30:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.

Sure, when you write off the passages as metaphor when they contradict reality.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 6:57:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/29/2011 6:30:06 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.

Sure, when you write off the passages as metaphor when they contradict reality.
For one, a metaphor does not necessarily have no literal meaning. A metaphor can be a figurative form of language used to create a meaning. I can say "every rose has its thorn" to describe myself, and although that is clearly metaphorical, it does have truth in it. Similarly I do say certain passages are metaphorical, but I justify that and I do link it to science regardless. And I have rarely pointed toward metaphors concerning scientific verses.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/29/2011 6:57:31 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/29/2011 6:30:06 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.

Sure, when you write off the passages as metaphor when they contradict reality.
For one, a metaphor does not necessarily have no literal meaning. A metaphor can be a figurative form of language used to create a meaning. I can say "every rose has its thorn" to describe myself, and although that is clearly metaphorical, it does have truth in it. Similarly I do say certain passages are metaphorical, but I justify that and I do link it to science regardless. And I have rarely pointed toward metaphors concerning scientific verses.

Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
reddj2
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 2:05:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 9:13:19 AM, Meatros wrote:
Can I play?

Questions Muslims AND Christians can't answer:

Q1: Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect on the expansion of the universe?

Q 2: Do black holes produce thermal radiation, as expected on theoretical grounds?

Q 3: Does nature have more than four spacetime dimensions?

Q 4: Is the theory of cosmic inflation correct, and if so, what are the details of this epoch?

Q 5: What do the phenomena that differ going forward and backwards in time tell us about the nature of time?

Q 6: Are there exceptions to the principle of causality?

Q 7: Is the universe heading towards a Big Freeze, a Big Rip, a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce?

Q 8: Why is gravity such a weak force?

Q 9: Do non-Abelian gauge theories with a mass gap actually exist?

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org...

honestly im not religious and cant answer those question but the answer to all is the Ka-nu-kA Beast
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 4:04:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM, tkubok wrote:
Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
Certainly there is a guarantee that at least the majority of the scientific verses will not be regarded as metaphorical. You have not seen me tell you "metaphorical!" when we discussed science in the Qur'an.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 4:51:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Good stuff, good stuff...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 4:57:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 4:51:13 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 5/28/2011 6:56:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:14:49 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/27/2011 12:05:20 PM, Mirza wrote:
Any honest questions?

What is the simplest/smallest thing that you could observe/experience that would make you reject the truth of your faith.
Anything that refutes the Qur'an. So far, nothing.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Good stuff, good stuff...
I like that link. I even like the one that says "Challenge to a Debate" more. I actually got it on my profile. Check it out. http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 6:10:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 4:04:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM, tkubok wrote:
Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
Certainly there is a guarantee that at least the majority of the scientific verses will not be regarded as metaphorical. You have not seen me tell you "metaphorical!" when we discussed science in the Qur'an.

Thats because i never addressed it. But, for example, if i were to mention the fact about how fruits are described as existing in pairs in the Quran, you would say that it is a metaphor, no?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 6:21:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 6:10:04 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/30/2011 4:04:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM, tkubok wrote:
Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
Certainly there is a guarantee that at least the majority of the scientific verses will not be regarded as metaphorical. You have not seen me tell you "metaphorical!" when we discussed science in the Qur'an.

Thats because i never addressed it. But, for example, if i were to mention the fact about how fruits are described as existing in pairs in the Quran, you would say that it is a metaphor, no?
No, I would not.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 7:14:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 6:21:32 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/30/2011 6:10:04 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/30/2011 4:04:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM, tkubok wrote:
Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
Certainly there is a guarantee that at least the majority of the scientific verses will not be regarded as metaphorical. You have not seen me tell you "metaphorical!" when we discussed science in the Qur'an.

Thats because i never addressed it. But, for example, if i were to mention the fact about how fruits are described as existing in pairs in the Quran, you would say that it is a metaphor, no?
No, I would not.

Really. So we have male apples and female apples? I never knew that!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 7:23:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 7:14:33 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/30/2011 6:21:32 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/30/2011 6:10:04 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 5/30/2011 4:04:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/29/2011 9:30:45 PM, tkubok wrote:
Sure, and a metaphor also does not necessarily have a literal meaning, either. Its a double standard, really.

Furthermore, whether the verses are considered scientific or not, also depend on whether we consider them metaphor or not.
Certainly there is a guarantee that at least the majority of the scientific verses will not be regarded as metaphorical. You have not seen me tell you "metaphorical!" when we discussed science in the Qur'an.

Thats because i never addressed it. But, for example, if i were to mention the fact about how fruits are described as existing in pairs in the Quran, you would say that it is a metaphor, no?
No, I would not.

Really. So we have male apples and female apples? I never knew that!
Yes. Plants have sexes. The Qur'an is perfectly right that things are created in pairs.
The fact that certain things are in between them does not matter. Hermaphrodites do not negate the fact that humans are created in pairs (male and female).
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 7:00:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/30/2011 2:05:43 PM, reddj2 wrote:

honestly im not religious and cant answer those question but the answer to all is the Ka-nu-kA Beast

It was a joke. I don't think anyone can answer them.