Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Sacred Triduum

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 2:14:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For 2000 years, Christians considered this week (Holy Week) as the most solemn and holiest of weeks of the Year - especially the sacred Triduum: the last three days (Holy/Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday) leading up to the celebration of the Resurrection of Our Lord (Easter). This is still the case among traditional Catholics - who continue to celebrate the wonderful Roman Liturgy (like Tenebrae in Latin and Gregorian Chant, as it has been done by monks, nuns, clergy and laypeople for centuries. I find so much deeper meaning flowing from the Liturgy of the Church these days. For me, it all boils down to one word - Love.

During these days of extra fasting, prayer, silence, and self denial I feel drawn to more deeply contemplate/think of the incredible love Our Lord Jesus Christ manifested to me, a miserable sinner, during His Passion and death. What greater proof of Love has anyone ever shown me?

I want to wish other Christians here a blessed Holy Week and a Blessed Easter. I also wondered if any other Christian here will be participating in the Liturgy of Holy Week? God bless.

"Te Deum laudamus, te Dominum confitemur."