Jump to topic:

What are your thoughts about Easter ?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 3:58:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't care about Easter other than the fact that bunnies are cool animals.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 10:48:02 AM
Easter is a wonderful and refreshing spring holiday that we can use to remember how much God loves us and how he sent his one and only Son to save us and forgive us from our sons. That is the true meaning of Easter, not bunnies and eggs. Love, and Forgiveness!
Merry Christmas!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:10:02 AM
Yeah right, love is what everything is about.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:10:20 AM
At 4/19/2011 3:51:22 PM, interrogator wrote:
Answers please. And by the way, in case you forgot. Easter is this Sunday.:

I don't celebrate it but don't care if you do. That's what I think.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:12:32 AM
At 4/21/2011 11:09:23 AM, leah12 wrote:
You guys are all wrong, that is not what Easter is about, once and for all,
EASTER IS ABOUT LOVE!:

Hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to make through another day.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:12:33 AM
Oddly enough, I'm playing Jesus in an upcoming Easter production.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:15:14 AM
At 4/21/2011 11:12:33 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Oddly enough, I'm playing Jesus in an upcoming Easter production.:

You could be like Sandy Lyle and play both Jesus and Judas
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:34:20 AM
At 4/21/2011 11:14:45 AM, leah12 wrote:
Not that kind of love, Gods love! The greatest love of all!

Sounds like another meaningless platitude meant to elicit an emotional response out of those who either already buy into that mush, or people who are desperate and mentally compromised enough to let that sort of thing talk them into that mush.

God's love is meaningless. It doesn't take or give. It effectively does nothing, it's basically just a warm fuzzy thought that people have to cope with their various emotional and mental illnesses. Either that, or it is just the straight up naive schmuckery that can only come from someone who hasn't thought too deeply about these things.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 11:45:11 AM
Typically i go to confession, and do a lot of reflection. This year i've been crazy busy with work, but intend to put some time aside.
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:35:39 PM
Gods Love is not meaningless and only for people with mental illness, who does not want love? Does every one who wants to be loved have a mental illness? Your argument does not make sense. God made us all and cares for us all!
How do you believe the world came into existence then? The "big bang" cannot explain our wonderful and complicated universe. Please share your feelings, i am open to all.
Merry Christmas!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:48:34 PM
At 4/21/2011 2:35:39 PM, leah12 wrote:
Gods Love is not meaningless and only for people with mental illness, who does not want love? Does every one who wants to be loved have a mental illness? Your argument does not make sense. God made us all and cares for us all!
How do you believe the world came into existence then? The "big bang" cannot explain our wonderful and complicated universe. Please share your feelings, i am open to all.

What argument? I'm making an assertion. What do mean when you say "God's love"?

Why are you putting words into my mouth? I never said anything about big bangs. I never said anything about an alleged creation. I said that knowing of a "God's love" is worthless information, and doesn't change reality at all. It is nothing more than a nice thought for someone to have to effect their mental state.

You aren't open to anything, you are being disingenuous.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:51:51 PM
At 4/21/2011 11:34:20 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Sounds like another meaningless platitude meant to elicit an emotional response out of those who either already buy into that mush.... God's love is meaningless.:

Bear in mind that little Leah is 14 years old. 0_o
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:56:23 PM
At 4/21/2011 2:51:51 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/21/2011 11:34:20 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Sounds like another meaningless platitude meant to elicit an emotional response out of those who either already buy into that mush.... God's love is meaningless.:

Oh snap
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:57:18 PM
You should not put down a person please.
I did not put words in your mouth, i asked what you believed.
Please share with me in a kind way and respect what i think as i
respect what you think.
May i pray for you? That you may understand His Love?
It has helped me through the difficult time of my gradfather's death
and will help you if you let Him.
Merry Christmas!
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:00:42 PM

Oh snap

What does it matter that i am 14?
Please bear in mind that "Alfonzo" is 22!
Merry Christmas!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:03:43 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:00:42 PM, leah12 wrote:

Oh snap

What does it matter that i am 14?
Please bear in mind that "Alfonzo" is 22!

1 + 4 is 5, which is a sacred and holy number.

I can not step to you, end of story. Wouldn't let it concern you too much.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:10:33 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:07:49 PM, leah12 wrote:
Can i pray for you my freind? please?

Don't pray for me. Pray that God's will be done, and leave it at that.
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:15:01 PM
Alright, thank you i will pray diligently that is will, i am sure his will is to have you know him. but i will respect your request.
Thanks =)
Merry Christmas!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:22:06 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:15:01 PM, leah12 wrote:
Alright, thank you i will pray diligently that is will, i am sure his will is to have you know him. but i will respect your request.
Thanks =)

I'm actually playing a gig with God tonight, and this very moment, we're just chillin' before the show. God and I are good buddies, but you assume way too much.

If you want to learn and become a more effective communicator, don't make so many assumptions. I would recommend taking my word for it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:25:29 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:00:42 PM, leah12 wrote:

Oh snap

What does it matter that i am 14?:

Oh, don't be offended, sweetie. I just mean that you're naive. :)