Jump to topic:

Quick question for current Mormons.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 10:43:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are your thoughts on Isiah 43:10 "Before me no god was formed nor shall there be any after me"?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 11:43:22 PM
You could list a whole range of things where the book of Mormon contradicts the Bible.

I just did a debate on Mormonism recently. http://www.debate.org...

The bible also says there will be no more prophets except for false prophets.
My opponent claimed that the you would have to prove the Bible was more correct than the book of Mormon in order to make those claims. But why would God inspire a book to be written that conflicts very much with the Bible.

It also says Jesus was a polygamist. God had sex with Mary. Getting baptized makes you a Christian and you get saved by works.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:09:08 AM
Joseph Smith also made all these false prophecies.

Lol for example he said there were men who lived on the moon who dressed as Quakers and lived to be one thousand years old.
He also prophesied the American civil war would spread to all nations.

Joseph Smith himself was an immoral man. He had 33 wives, I think it was during his life time. Brigham Young also had numerous wives.

There is also flaws in the book of Mormon such as:

The Mormons believe that the American Indians were decedents of the Israelites.

But if they were Israelites why is their so much diversity in their languages and why were there no vestiges of Hebrew in any of their languages?

http://www.contenderministries.org......

The Book of Mormon also mention silk, but silk did not exist in the Americas at that time.

It also states that Nephi had a bow of steel. But Jews did no have steel at that time
No iron was smelted in the Americas until the Spanish colonization.

The book of Mormons says that Lehi found horses when he arrived in America. This is a lie as their were no horses in America until the sixteenth century when they were brought over from Spain.

But read my debate if you want to hear more.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 1:03:08 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:09:08 AM, phantom wrote:
This is a lie as their were no horses in America until the sixteenth century when they were brought over from Spain.

No there were, they had become extinct though.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 1:13:58 AM
At 4/25/2011 1:03:08 AM, Puck wrote:
At 4/25/2011 12:09:08 AM, phantom wrote:
This is a lie as their were no horses in America until the sixteenth century when they were brought over from Spain.

No there were, they had become extinct though.

There were lions, too, I believe. Huge ones.
xxeightydxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 11:40:12 AM
For us Mormons, I'm pretty sure we believe that Isaiah 43 is talking about Christ, and that there will be no one else who will have the duties of Christ no matter what. Thats what I think anyway. Hope this helps.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:29:04 PM
At 4/24/2011 11:43:22 PM, phantom wrote:
You could list a whole range of things where the book of Mormon contradicts the Bible.

My opponent claimed that the you would have to prove the Bible was more correct than the book of Mormon in order to make those claims. But why would God inspire a book to be written that conflicts very much with the Bible.

It also says Jesus was a polygamist. God had sex with Mary. Getting baptized makes you a Christian and you get saved by works.

All Christians believe that. God the Father impregnated mother Mary and gave birth to their son Jesus. Who do you think is the Father? Joseph?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:38:15 PM
At 4/25/2011 12:29:04 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
All Christians believe that. God the Father impregnated mother Mary and gave birth to their son Jesus. Who do you think is the Father? Joseph?

Yeah, but God didn't actually have sex with Mary. He just magicked the sperm in or something.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:44:59 PM
At 4/25/2011 12:38:15 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Yeah, but God didn't actually have sex with Mary. He just magicked the sperm in or something.

About as magic as 50 Cents magic stick. We all like to give it cool names, apparently God does too and he calls it "the Holy Spirit."

However, if God perfered to impregnate Mary without having sex with her, doesn't that make him gay?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 2:12:32 PM
At 4/25/2011 12:44:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

About as magic as 50 Cents magic stick. We all like to give it cool names, apparently God does too and he calls it "the Holy Spirit."

However, if God perfered to impregnate Mary without having sex with her, doesn't that make him gay?

Why, because he's passing up a perfectly good piece of as5? Not technically, but it does in a practical sense.
kfc
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 7:54:06 PM

That line never works when I try it.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 9:16:47 PM
At 4/24/2011 11:43:22 PM, phantom wrote:

The Mormons believe if, I am correct that God the Father came down in human form and had sexual intercourse with Marry.
Kind of reminds me of Zeus from "Clash of the Titans"
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 9:19:43 PM
At 4/25/2011 11:40:12 AM, xxeightydxx wrote:
For us Mormons, I'm pretty sure we believe that Isaiah 43 is talking about Christ, and that there will be no one else who will have the duties of Christ no matter what. Thats what I think anyway. Hope this helps.

Hey xxeightydxx nice to see you on the forums :)
Could you expound on that? Why do you believe it's talking about Christ when it says gods?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 9:26:37 PM
At 4/25/2011 9:22:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
How can you have sex with magic underwear?

I don't know the answer to that one; but isn't that kind of like, random?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2011 2:27:19 AM
At 4/25/2011 11:40:12 AM, xxeightydxx wrote:

Much ty.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2011 2:27:49 AM
and I conclude the thread with this, unless more mormons (or Moremons :P) have input
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2011 2:28:20 AM

I'm pretty sure they remove them for sex and bathing, lmao.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2011 2:53:56 AM
At 4/26/2011 2:28:20 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Some do, some don't, as far as I know. The present design seems to have a genital flap.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2011 2:57:31 AM
At 4/26/2011 2:53:56 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 4/26/2011 2:28:20 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Some do, some don't, as far as I know. The present design seems to have a genital flap.
Thanks sir.