Jump to topic:

Is this what Christians believe?

vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:22:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:08:36 AM
No, this is what Christians believe:

"First I gave you free-will to commit sin. Around 1,654 years later, I killed all the earth's sinners (25-30 million) with an elaborate flood and only spared eight. Around 859 years later (2513 years after creation), I decided that maybe I... should finally explain the rules (10 commandments) to my humans. Around 2,600 years after I made humans, I started "inspiring" anonymous people to write the OT. Around 4,500 years (after creation), I realized that people were still sinning, so I devised a master plan. This time, I decided to forgive people's sins (as opposed to genocide!). I impregnated a human with myself to have myself to make believe I was human. Then I lived 30 years as jesus, doing nothing, until I became a Rabbi and taught judaism and the OT to thousands. Finally, I let myself get tortured and pretended to die, so I was able to forgive all human sins (that I allowed them to make). Then I raised myself from my imaginary death and ascended back to heaven, (conveniently leaving no proof that I ever existed) claiming to return (but remaining in hiding for the next 2000 years). 30-40 years after I faked my death, I dropped my Judaism, spread the lie that jews killed me (leading to 2000 years of persecution and the holocaust by the christian, named Hitler) and secretly inspired anonymous people to invent a new religion called christianity, to worship me and my marketable human imaginary form!"

~jesus/god
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 10:03:57 AM
At 4/27/2011 4:08:36 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

"First I gave you free-will to commit sin. Around 1,654 years later, I killed all the earth's sinners (25-30 million) with an elaborate flood and only spared eight. Around 859 years later (2513 years after creation), I decided that maybe I... should finally explain the rules (10 commandments) to my humans. Around 2,600 years after I made humans, I started "inspiring" anonymous people to write the OT. Around 4,500 years (after creation), I realized that people were still sinning, so I devised a master plan. This time, I decided to forgive people's sins (as opposed to genocide!). I impregnated a human with myself to have myself to make believe I was human. Then I lived 30 years as jesus, doing nothing, until I became a Rabbi and taught judaism and the OT to thousands. Finally, I let myself get tortured and pretended to die, so I was able to forgive all human sins (that I allowed them to make). Then I raised myself from my imaginary death and ascended back to heaven, (conveniently leaving no proof that I ever existed) claiming to return (but remaining in hiding for the next 2000 years). 30-40 years after I faked my death, I dropped my Judaism, spread the lie that jews killed me (leading to 2000 years of persecution and the holocaust by the christian, named Hitler) and secretly inspired anonymous people to invent a new religion called christianity, to worship me and my marketable human imaginary form!"

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

NOTHING exploded and arranged itself into molecules more complex than the universe itself..
from this self arranging NOTHING life SPONTANEOUSLY emerged and arranged ITSELF into ever more complex life forms.. eventually resulting in a ludicrous mammal called Charles Darwin who (after changing his mind about becoming a Vicar) came up with a theory which has ZERO evidence and fooled LOTS of other ludicrous mammals..
The Cross.. the Cross.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 11:52:33 AM
At 4/27/2011 10:03:57 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

NOTHING exploded and arranged itself into molecules more complex than the universe itself..
from this self arranging NOTHING life SPONTANEOUSLY emerged and arranged ITSELF into ever more complex life forms.. eventually resulting in a ludicrous mammal called Charles Darwin who (after changing his mind about becoming a Vicar) came up with a hypotheses which has ZERO evidence and fooled LOTS of other ludicrous mammals..

Fixed
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 12:00:03 PM

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

The sad thing is that you felt absolutely no need to correct any of what was said.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 12:37:02 PM
At 4/27/2011 12:00:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

The sad thing is that you felt absolutely no need to correct any of what was said.

there's nothing sad about it; his point was not to correct the mocking of what we believe, it was to show that what atheist believe is way more mockable.

since you need the argument that's left there between the lines spelled out, I'll spell it out for you.

it's not logical to discredit a belief on the bases of absurdness if the belief you do not discredit but claim for your own is clearly not just absurd, but a far better example of absurdness.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 12:45:05 PM
At 4/27/2011 12:37:02 PM, Marauder wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

there's nothing sad about it; his point was not to correct the mocking of what we believe, it was to show that what atheist believe is way more mockable.

since you need the argument that's left there between the lines spelled out, I'll spell it out for you.

it's not logical to discredit a belief on the bases of absurdness if the belief you do not discredit but claim for your own is clearly not just absurd, but a far better example of absurdness.

He would have been more effective if he actually had an understanding of what he was mocking.

No one is saying that something came from nothing. That is obviously ridiculous.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 1:01:20 PM
At 4/27/2011 12:45:05 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

He would have been more effective if he actually had an understanding of what he was mocking.

No one is saying that something came from nothing. That is obviously ridiculous.

Ding ding ding! We have a wiener here!

Exactly, the same exact thing could be said about what insert wrote, and the video.

You probably say dats claim is a strawman of what you and others may believe. What is sad is that you can't put yourself (and your arguments) under the same scrutiny.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 1:21:07 PM
At 4/27/2011 1:01:20 PM, jharry wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

Exactly, the same exact thing could be said about what insert wrote, and the video.

You probably say dats claim is a strawman of what you and others may believe. What is sad is that you can't put yourself (and your arguments) under the same scrutiny.

What are you talking about? I already know that the post Dat was responding to is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that Dat isn't being facetious. He's a biblical literalist, and this isn't the first time he's shown a blatent misunderstanding of the stuff he's mocking.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 1:30:23 PM
At 4/27/2011 1:21:07 PM, CosmicAlfonzo
What are you talking about? I already know that the post Dat was responding to is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that Dat isn't being facetious. He's a biblical literalist, and this isn't the first time he's shown a blatent misunderstanding of the stuff he's mocking.

Your "the sad thing" comment came off like you expected him to reply to a ridiculous post like this.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 1:57:05 PM
First thing allot what you said is not what Christians believe.

"First I gave you free-will to commit sin.
It was Satan who caused them to sin. You act like it was God. Man would not have sinned if it wasn't for Satan tempting Eve.
Around 1,654 years later, I killed all the earth's sinners (25-30 million) with an elaborate flood and only spared eight.

The whole human race had turned against God accept for a very few. Do you think God should have let the earth go on until everyone ceased from following Him?
God could have destroyed the whole earth but decided to let man live on.

Around 859 years later (2513 years after creation), I decided that maybe I... should finally explain the rules (10 commandments) to my humans.

??? Yur saying man didn't know what was right and what was wrong untill the ten commandments?

Around 2,600 years after I made humans, I started "inspiring" anonymous people to write the OT. Around 4,500 years (after creation), I realized that people were still sinning, so I devised a master plan. This time, I decided to forgive people's sins (as opposed to genocide!).
Wrong. God always had the plan of sending Jesus. You can look at Isaiah as well as other books of the Bible and it shows that God always planned to send Jesus. The time it happened doesn't matter.

The rest of the post you basically go completely astray from your original statement:
//No, this is what Christians believe: //
First thing Jesus was able to sin just like any other man on earth.
You obviously don't know much about Christian's beliefs if you think Christians believe Jesus pretended to die. But I know that your not an ignorant person, so I assume you don't believe Christians think that. You just, like I said, strayed from what you first stated.
Their is proof that Jesus existed. Or are you just saying there's no proof He was the Son of God?
Yes Jesus hasn't returned yet. So what?
Why do you claim Hitler was a Christian???
I impregnated a human with myself to have myself to make believe I was human.
Then I lived 30 years as jesus, doing nothing, until I became a Rabbi and taught judaism and the OT to thousands. Finally, I let myself get tortured and pretended to die, so I was able to forgive all human sins (that I allowed them to make). Then I raised myself from my imaginary death and ascended back to heaven, (conveniently leaving no proof that I ever existed) claiming to return (but remaining in hiding for the next 2000 years). 30-40 years after I faked my death, I dropped my Judaism, spread the lie that jews killed me (leading to 2000 years of persecution and the holocaust by the christian, named Hitler) and secretly inspired anonymous people to invent a new religion called christianity, to worship me and my marketable human imaginary form!"

~jesus/god
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:04:25 PM
At 4/27/2011 1:58:46 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
lol, Phantom. I didn't even write that. I copy/pasted it from somewhere.

Erg....

Still though even if you copy and paste something it usually means you believe it.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:07:26 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:04:25 PM, phantom wrote:

Erg....

Still though even if you copy and paste something it usually means you believe it.

Not really. It's just meant to be humourous and I knew somebody here would take issue with it.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:12:18 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:07:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Erg....

Not really. It's just meant to be humourous and I knew somebody here would take issue with it.

In other words you wanted someone to waste their time arguing against something you don't even believe in. That's not nice! ;D
I want my 10 minutes back.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:12:27 PM
At 4/27/2011 1:01:20 PM, jharry wrote:

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

blah blah blah

Merely implying something is a strawman doesn't make it so. If you think Inserts comment is a strawman, please demonstrate how.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:26:10 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:12:18 PM, phantom wrote:
At 4/27/2011 2:07:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Erg....

In other words you wanted someone to waste their time arguing against something you don't even believe in. That's not nice! ;D
I want my 10 minutes back.

Don't worry, you didn't waste your time. I believe what the quote said was an accurate characterization of Christian doctrine.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:38:15 PM

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

from this self arranging NOTHING life SPONTANEOUSLY emerged and arranged ITSELF into ever more complex life forms.. eventually resulting in a ludicrous mammal called Charles Darwin who (after changing his mind about becoming a Vicar) came up with a theory which has ZERO evidence and fooled LOTS of other ludicrous mammals..

False dichotomy and strawman.

First, even if the basis of modern science were unfounded, your mythology wouldn't be any less absurd. At most, they would both be baseless.

Also, cosmologist don't say the universe came from nothing. They don't know where it came from.

Your last claim has no evidence of its own. I mean, your saying that for the past 150 years, all biologists, neuroscientists, geneticists (etc, etc, etc) have been fooled into thinking their is a plethora of evidence in support of evolution by natural selection. It's only the people who base their science on religious prejudices are the ones who haven't been fooled. These are wild claims and you make no attempt to justify them.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:47:14 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:26:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Don't worry, you didn't waste your time. I believe what the quote said was an accurate characterization of Christian doctrine.

Cool. Now defend it in a debate with me.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:53:57 PM

~jesus/god

COMPARED TO:

Proof that Non-Christians and Christians can be complete idiots.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:55:14 PM
Do I have this correct?

Christians believe that...

Their God is a mass murderer. (Great Flood)

That the world was created in seven days, and that Dinosaurs and every living thing that are dated before humans, never existed. (Genesis)

That a man said he was the incarnation of God, who died for every human sin that will ever be made after that point, who then gives the power to all sinners to sin...just as long as they ask for him to be his savior before they die at some point. (Jesus)

That woman are below men and are not equal as human beings.

Sounds like an irrational, sexist, mass murdering, give evil sinning humans more power, with occult leader tendencies, form of God to me.

Oh wait...... I guess it sounds more like an egotistical human or egotistical humans wanting to fool people into thinking they are very special by saying that God spoke to them and that God said all the rest of us humans should follow their word, because it is what God said.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:58:46 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:47:14 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/27/2011 2:26:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Cool. Now defend it in a debate with me.

What a response! Yeah, same for me; anyone with these crazy ideas please challenge me!
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 3:24:29 PM
At 4/27/2011 2:55:14 PM, Lionheart wrote:
Do I have this correct?
Let me see.
Christians believe that...

Their God is a mass murderer. (Great Flood)
Nope. We don't believe that. Where'd you get that idea?
That the world was created in seven days,
Nope. As everyone knows 6 days. "and on the seventh day He rested"
And whether or not He created it in six days I'm not sure. A better translation is six periods of time. And many people including my dad (a Hebrew scholar) believe that this could be a very long time.
and that Dinosaurs and every living thing that are dated before humans, never existed. (Genesis)
Nope. God created creatures before he created man.... (Genesis)

That a man said he was the incarnation of God, who died for every human sin that will ever be made after that point, who then gives the power to all sinners to sin...just as long as they ask for him to be his savior before they die at some point. (Jesus)
Nope. Not every sin. He died for those who believe in Him.
That woman are below men and are not equal as human beings.
Nope. Woman should not preach but that in no way implies they are not equal being beings. The Bible says to treat your wife with respect and honor http://nasb.scripturetext.com...

"You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered."

Nope. You should try to get a better understanding of the Christians beliefs before making silly statements.
Sounds like an irrational, sexist, mass murdering, give evil sinning humans more power, with occult leader tendencies, form of God to me.
That's cause your making silly statements.
Oh wait...... I guess it sounds more like an egotistical human or egotistical humans wanting to fool people into thinking they are very special by saying that God spoke to them and that God said all the rest of us humans should follow their word, because it is what God said.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 3:46:07 PM
@phantom

You seriously don't see how God is a mass murderer? He laid it out plain for you to see that God committed genocide during the Great Flood. Unless you're taking the semantic route of "murder," (which is irrelevant cause you can just replace that word with kill and semnatics are defeated) it is undeniable that God brutally destroyed every living creature on Earth.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:01:08 PM
I'm glad that Christians are so good at manipulating information to make it fit their views.

- Genesis -

Genesis states six DAYS, not periods of time. No matter what your Dad says, it does not change the words of the bible. You cannot manipulate this or you can manipulate anything that is said in the bible to fit your view. If you do that, then you have nothing but your own manipulation to believe in, which wouldn't be Christianity anymore. It would be your own personal beliefs. You can't just pick and choose what you do and don't believe from the bible and call that Christianity, when it is the supposed book of God. This would be absurd.

- The Great Flood -

The Great Flood wiped out most of the life on the entire planet and you tell me it is not mass murder? Or are you telling me that you do not believe in the Great Flood? Either way, on the one hand your God is a mass murderer and on the other hand you say the bible lies.

- Jesus -

And it is said that Jesus died for ALL man's sins, but all you need to do is ask Jesus to be your savior and you will be saved and to go to Heaven. This is only something that would give evil men power over good, for they can commit evil sin after evil sin and then just ask to be saved. It is ludicrous to justify giving evil men the same rewards as good men just by saying a few words and asking to be saved, just because on their death bed they might feel sorry and scared.

Christianity gives evil power over good, by giving the same reward to either side no matter the circumstance.

If a man kills your entire family and then feels truly sorry about it and asked to be saved... He will see your family in heaven.

Ludicrous.

- Lionheart -
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:14:58 PM
At 4/27/2011 4:01:08 PM, Lionheart wrote:
I'm glad that Christians are so good at manipulating information to make it fit their views.

- Genesis -

Genesis states six DAYS, not periods of time. No matter what your Dad says, it does not change the words of the bible. You cannot manipulate this or you can manipulate anything that is said in the bible to fit your view. If you do that, then you have nothing but your own manipulation to believe in, which wouldn't be Christianity anymore. It would be your own personal beliefs. You can't just pick and choose what you do and don't believe from the bible and call that Christianity, when it is the supposed book of God. This would be absurd.

- The Great Flood -

The Great Flood wiped out most of the life on the entire planet and you tell me it is not mass murder? Or are you telling me that you do not believe in the Great Flood? Either way, on the one hand your God is a mass murderer and on the other hand you say the bible lies.

- Jesus -

And it is said that Jesus died for ALL man's sins, but all you need to do is ask Jesus to be your savior and you will be saved and to go to Heaven. This is only something that would give evil men power over good, for they can commit evil sin after evil sin and then just ask to be saved. It is ludicrous to justify giving evil men the same rewards as good men just by saying a few words and asking to be saved, just because on their death bed they might feel sorry and scared.

Christianity gives evil power over good, by giving the same reward to either side no matter the circumstance.

If a man kills your entire family and then feels truly sorry about it and asked to be saved... He will see your family in heaven.

Ludicrous.

Feel free to debate me
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:50:32 PM
I don't need to formally debate you. I have already stated my argument on this post.

Tell me your Christian view and how it corresponds with the word of the bible, if your view refutes what I say at least.

I might not agree with the views of Christianity, but I do respect it enough to keep an open mind towards the fact that I may not be understanding it correctly.

I feel strongly about my views, but I try not to be ignorant as much as possible.

Ignorance blinds humans to wisdom.

Either way, I would like to hear how what I said does not make sense or is not true.

- Lionheart -
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 5:06:05 PM
At 4/27/2011 4:01:08 PM, Lionheart wrote:

- Genesis -

Lol your hilarious. You think the bible was written in English!! And it's not just my dad who says that by the way as stated earlier. And by the way there have been hundreds of different translations of the bible so does that mean only the first translation made was the right one?
That logic is seriously faulty or should I just say dumb?

- The Great Flood -

1. you said Christians believe it is mass murder. We obviously don't. Therefore I've already proved you wrong.

2. God controls everyone's life. So every time a person dies did God murder them?

3. If we assumed the Bible to be true like we are doing, it is not murder as every man's life belongs to God.

4. The whole earth accept a very few had turned against their creator. God could have destroyed the whole earth instead He spared the human race by sparing Noah and his family. The human race deserved to be destroyed completely, if God had done so we wouldn't be alive today. It was pointless to let the earth to continue in such sin as eventually all christians would die out and everyman would go to hell

- Jesus -

All you have do is ask for forgiveness to be forgiven. Yes that is true. If a man is truly repentant and wants Christ to be his savior than yes.

What???
Yes he will if he becomes a Christian. Its called forgiveness! And I would be glad if a murderer becomes a Christian.
Ludicrous.
How?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 5:09:09 PM
At 4/27/2011 4:50:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:

I might not agree with the views of Christianity, but I do respect it enough to keep an open mind towards the fact that I may not be understanding it correctly.

I feel strongly about my views, but I try not to be ignorant as much as possible.

Ignorance blinds humans to wisdom.

Either way, I would like to hear how what I said does not make sense or is not true.

Well said. I think everyone should keep and open mind about their ideas and beliefs as their can always be something wrong about them.