Jump to topic:

Lazarus?

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:56:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I get it that he was raised from the dead. Are there accounts of what happened to him after that? Did he say anything about being dead? What's with him?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:06:02 AM
At 4/29/2011 10:56:05 AM, Indophile wrote:
I get it that he was raised from the dead. Are there accounts of what happened to him after that? Did he say anything about being dead? What's with him?

I think I read somewhere that Lazarus was most likely a fictional invention. That the two accounts in the two gospels that mention him make this pretty obvious.

That said, I could be speaking out of my butt here as this is a foggy memory.
Flame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 5:25:40 PM
At 4/29/2011 11:06:02 AM, Meatros wrote:

I think I read somewhere that Lazarus was most likely a fictional invention. That the two accounts in the two gospels that mention him make this pretty obvious.

There is both archeological and a strong church tradition evidence that Lazarus was indeed a historical figure. His second tomb was located in Cypress with the inscription" Lazarus the Friend of Christ". Check out the book "The Search for the Twelve Apostles" by William S. McBirnie
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:36:36 AM
At 4/30/2011 5:25:40 PM, Flame wrote:

There is both archeological and a strong church tradition evidence that Lazarus was indeed a historical figure. His second tomb was located in Cypress with the inscription" Lazarus the Friend of Christ". Check out the book "The Search for the Twelve Apostles" by William S. McBirnie

A 'grave' proves nothing, really. There are two graves claimed to be Jesus' final resting place. I think there are even two tombs for Lazarus. Church Tradition is equally vacuous.

Which Lazarus is the historical figure, or are you claiming that they are the same Lazarus?
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:52:38 AM
At 4/30/2011 5:25:40 PM, Flame wrote:

Well, why didn't nobody think it important to ask Lazarus how being dead felt like? :) I mean, this guy is an instant celebrity, and no one cares enough to follow up?

Similarly, the woman who got caught as an adulterer. What happened to her after Jesus forgave her? It's like nobody cares. Did she get married? Nothing is known. It's like, these people don't matter. Just use them as some object to "make a point" and discard them. Just like so much news today!
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 5:38:05 AM

Only that he attended a dinner held in Jesus' honour and that the Pharisee's planned to murder him because so many Jews believed in Jesus as the messiah because of his resurrection.

IN FACT: the story of Lazurus is simply a shadow OF judgment day; God (Jesus) stands in the light of day (heaven) and calls into the dark tomb (the dead) and calls him BACK into existence!
The Cross.. the Cross.