Jump to topic:

-A new theory, Creation-Evolution Theory -

Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:06:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Both Evolution Theory and Creation Theory can co-exist as being the truth.

- The Creation-Evolution Theory -

God created life with the ability to evolve and take on a higher quality through time, with the help of free will.

This is what an intelligent creator would naturally do. Think of the closest thing human's have in comparison as being a creator of life. Humans have created AI or artificial intelligence. But the most intelligent AI programs are created to evolve into a higher quality system. As time goes by and the AI uses it's freedom to learn from the world around it (free will), it evolves and becomes more intelligent and gains quality.

If God did create life, He would have created life to evolve.

I would like to hear your thoughts.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
reddj2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:13:16 PM
At 4/29/2011 3:06:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:
Both Evolution Theory and Creation Theory can co-exist as being the truth.

God created life with the ability to evolve and take on a higher quality through time, with the help of free will.

This is what an intelligent creator would naturally do. Think of the closest thing human's have in comparison as being a creator of life. Humans have created AI or artificial intelligence. But the most intelligent AI programs are created to evolve into a higher quality system. As time goes by and the AI uses it's freedom to learn from the world around it (free will), it evolves and becomes more intelligent and gains quality.

If God did create life, He would have created life to evolve.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

I think that would be aliens ( or one alien as a study)
They (he) came to this planet saw it had poteinal life and droped organisms and left. Came back once and a while messing with people to test varibles
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:17:37 PM
At 4/29/2011 3:16:56 PM, Kinesis wrote:
By 'new theory' do you mean the position that the majority of Christians in the world already believe is true?

*Snicker*

Good point.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:27:49 PM
Uh, that's not a new theory. It's been around for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:41:58 PM
At 4/29/2011 3:06:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:

There is a debate on YouTube between Rainbow and Hovind where Rainbow presents a case that a God would would create through evolution has a much higher intelligence/creativity/etc. than one who uses special creation. Aside from that he has a very nice visual presentation of how natural selection is a pressure which drives populations. It is all lost on Hovind of course who believes Evolution was created by the Debil to corrupt mankind.
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:58:08 PM
"By 'new theory' do you mean the position that the majority of Christians in the world already believe is true?"

Sure, I think it is the most intelligent conclusion to make if you believe in God. I don't really care what religion decides to adopt the theory.

It doesn't help make any more sense of anything in their religion though. Christianity will most likely just continue to change it's face in order to fit new facts and information into it's bible criteria. Maybe Christians will write "The Newest Testament"...(snickers to himself).

Believing Creation-Evolution Theory doesn't really help the bible or Christianity in any way. A lot of the words and stories written in the bible actually contradict this theory.

So, Christians can believe in it... But it only provides a way for them to try and fit actual logic in with the bible.

In Christianity, the answer for everything is...

"The words were just mistranslated through all the translations!"

So Christians are basically just saying that they can believe whatever they want, because if the information doesn't fit, then it was just mistranslated.

But to getting back to my point...

I think everyone that believes in God should seriously consider replacing their current theory with this one.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 5:35:30 PM
Even when I was 12 and a Christian, I didn't see evolution contradicting my theology.

You know why? Because you have to be completely brain dead to believe that genesis is an actual account of events. It's a fvcking parable, dog foo gangsta.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 9:33:45 PM
At 4/29/2011 5:35:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Even when I was 12 and a Christian, I didn't see evolution contradicting my theology.

You know why? Because you have to be completely brain dead to believe that genesis is an actual account of events. It's a fvcking parable, dog foo gangsta.

Haha you're totally right.

Besides, Genesis was written by Moses. Whether Moses had true contact with God is up to debate. I personally don't think he was a prophet, and he just made up the rules in Leviticus to keep the Israelites in line. Why? What Moses said contradicts Jesus's teachings in the Gospels. Eye for eye and tooth for tooth is my favorite example of that.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:22:10 PM
This is an old theory.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)