Jump to topic:

Ready for the Rapture?

Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 7:16:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apparently, Harold Camper believes that the Rapture is happening tomorrow at 6 pm.

Personally, I, a Christian, don't believe in the Rapture of the Church (the way protestants do, anyway), and even if I did believe in it, this guy is a joke. He thought the rapture was gonna happen in 1994, and guess what? No rapture.

Thoughts? Comments?
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 7:42:50 PM
At 5/20/2011 7:16:34 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
Apparently, Harold Camper believes that the Rapture is happening tomorrow at 6 pm.

Personally, I, a Christian, don't believe in the Rapture of the Church (the way protestants do, anyway), and even if I did believe in it, this guy is a joke. He thought the rapture was gonna happen in 1994, and guess what? No rapture.

Thoughts? Comments?

I was told that 2012 would be the year of the rapture by many christians, not 2011. You really cant squash these nutjobs and their crazy beliefs.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 7:44:04 PM

Thoughts? Comments?

I'll watch any Christian's houses after the rapture for a small fee.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:18:27 PM
Apparently, Harold Camper believes that the Rapture is happening tomorrow at 6 pm.:

Somebody might want to remind him that there are 25 time zones.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:33:30 PM
At 5/20/2011 7:42:50 PM, tkubok wrote:
I was told that 2012 would be the year of the rapture by many christians, not 2011. You really cant squash these nutjobs and their crazy beliefs.

No Christian believes that 2012 is the rapture. In fact, most Christians oppose 2012 theories because that's usually associated with New Age beliefs and Christians hate New Age.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:34:27 PM

Thoughts? Comments?

I actually like some one like this. The reason being they are willing to make a claim that can be easily proven false. So if it doesn't happen tomorrow he is proven false. I appreciate when some will put their money where their mouth is, and not just make claims that can't be proven false.........

The best liars (eg religions) don't make claims that can be proven false, the more ambiguous the better. In a times of trouble Jesus shall return !!!!, a great awakening will happen of the USA !!!, times of trouble ahead !!!,
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:34:52 PM
At 5/20/2011 8:18:27 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Apparently, Harold Camper believes that the Rapture is happening tomorrow at 6 pm.:

pacific time obviously. see, when god put his hint into the bible, he had to know who would decode it... he's omnicient! so he knew that this camper fellow would be in the pacific time zone when he solved it, and thats what he put into his secret bible code. DUH.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 8:37:38 PM
I have an app that counts down the 2012 apocalypse. It will pass in 580 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes, and 12 second.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 9:53:31 PM
At 5/20/2011 7:42:50 PM, tkubok wrote:

Thoughts? Comments?

I was told that 2012 would be the end of the earth by many atheists, not 2011. You really cant squash these nutjobs and their crazy beliefs.
kfc
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 5:03:31 AM

Thoughts? Comments?

Matthew 24:36
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 24:44-46 44
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

So, if your boss/parent/other half says:

" I'm going out for a while and I'd like this job done before I get back. "

and you reply:

" When will you be back? "

and they say:

" Around dinner time. "

You WILL, quite naturally, say to yourself ' I have a few hours before they get back, I'll take it easy, put my feet up and watch a little TV perhaps.. '

The danger then is that you will drop off to sleep and be awoken by an irate boss/parent/spouse.

However, IF they they answer you " I'll be back soon, get on with it! "

You WILL be get on with the job in hand.

THIS is why no-one knows the day or hour.
The Cross.. the Cross.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 7:43:09 AM

pacific time obviously. see, when god put his hint into the bible, he had to know who would decode it... he's omnicient! so he knew that this camper fellow would be in the pacific time zone when he solved it, and thats what he put into his secret bible code. DUH.:

Gah, it's so simple and yet so intricate at the same time!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 7:47:53 AM
Last night outside of a restaurant some guy gave me a Rapture business card with Bible quotes and a website (familyradio.com) that warned about today's Rapture. I thought this was just an exaggerated belief held by a very small group, but the fact that some random dude in my small town handed me one made me realize there are far more ridiculous people in the world than I thought.
President of DDO
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 7:50:18 AM
I REALLY hate when people say this kind of stuff, it makes other Christians look bad...
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 7:50:32 AM
At 5/21/2011 7:47:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
Last night outside of a restaurant some guy gave me a Rapture business card with Bible quotes and a website (familyradio.com) that warned about today's Rapture. I thought this was just an exaggerated belief held by a very small group, but the fact that some random dude in my small town handed me one made me realize there are far more ridiculous people in the world than I thought.

I'm in Australia and I can tell you it's true. In my time-zone the world has already ended. I'm being raped by a demon as we speak.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 3:32:38 PM
At 5/21/2011 7:50:32 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/21/2011 7:47:53 AM, Danielle wrote:

I'm in Australia and I can tell you it's true. In my time-zone the world has already ended. I'm being raped by a demon as we speak.

thanks for the warning, im converting to christianity as we speak.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 4:39:53 AM
At 5/21/2011 7:50:18 AM, Charles0103 wrote:
I REALLY hate when people say this kind of stuff, it makes other Christians look bad...

It is a simple yet devastatingly effective tactic from the enemy; CRY WOLF so many times that when the REAL end is nigh, everybody says " yeah, right.. just like the LAST time! "

THAT was also the reason for The Lakeside 'revival' and others; the enemy counterfeits revival so that when a REAL one breaks out everyone is already cynical about healings etc..

In the final analysis though, this is ALL to God's glory; for only those with HIS discernment can differentiate between truth and lies, light and darkness..

So through His gift of discernment His Name is glorified!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:18:57 AM
I had a great time during the rapture. I was leaving to go to my senior prom when it didnt happen.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine