Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Atheists, the Rapture did not happen, yet.. ?

interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:36:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
But it will when you least expect it to. The Bible clearly states that no Man knows
the hour or day when the Son Of Man shall return. And for those false prophets
who claim to know are only leading the blind to a path of destruction.
You see, they are not what we call Christians. They are propagandists who prey on the fears and ignorance of the weak. Please note that they do not represent who and what God is about. What are your thoughts on this latest event.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:53:49 AM
At 5/23/2011 10:36:44 AM, interrogator wrote:
But it will when you least expect it to. The Bible clearly states that no Man knows
You see, they are not what we call Christians. They are propagandists who prey on the fears and ignorance of the weak. Please note that they do not represent who and what God is about. What are your thoughts on this latest event.

Cool story bro.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 11:03:25 AM
Exactly! The rapture should have ALREADY HAPPENED! Couldn't agree more with ya.

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

I rest my case.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 11:06:05 AM
interrogator wrote: "But it will when you least expect it to. The Bible clearly states that no Man knows
the hour or day when the Son Of Man shall return. "

Why should I put anymore faith in the bible then I do in Camping?

interrogator wrote: "And for those false prophets
who claim to know are only leading the blind to a path of destruction."

Didn't the bible also state that the end would come before some of the disciples died? If that's the case, then isn't the bible a 'false prophet'?

interrogator wrote: "You see, they are not what we call Christians. They are propagandists who prey on the fears and ignorance of the weak. Please note that they do not represent who and what God is about. What are your thoughts on this latest event."

Seemed nearly indistinguishable from your garden Christian believer to me. Just one differing belief.

Are you suggesting that *you* represent what God is about?
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 11:36:14 AM
Meatros. Like I said. Even you should be smart enough to tell the difference between a false prophet and a real Christian. Real Christians do not feel the need to try and beat people over the head with religion. Nor do they have a bunch of media hype telling people that they need to be saved or face sudden destruction.
That is what church is for. Those that you see on tv only want money and attention.
Most of them are not legit.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 11:54:43 AM
interrogator wrote: "Meatros. Like I said. Even you should be smart enough to tell the difference between a false prophet and a real Christian. "

They all seem to be false.

interrogator wrote: "Real Christians do not feel the need to try and beat people over the head with religion. Nor do they have a bunch of media hype telling people that they need to be saved or face sudden destruction."

No true scotsman.

interrogator wrote: "That is what church is for. Those that you see on tv only want money and attention.
Most of them are not legit."

I don't see a reason to suppose any of them are legit. I suppose it depends on what you mean by legit.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 1:42:19 PM
At 5/23/2011 11:03:25 AM, kohai wrote:

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

I rest my case.

What is the apologist's rejoinder to this by the way. Do they quibble about the original Greek for "generation" for example.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 1:49:39 PM
At 5/23/2011 1:42:19 PM, vbaculum wrote:
What is the apologist's rejoinder to this by the way. Do they quibble about the original Greek for "generation" for example.

Preterism (look it up).

I'm not particularly convinced of the position in any case but that is the typical framework that the rejoinder comes from.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 2:07:37 PM
At 5/23/2011 1:49:39 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 5/23/2011 1:42:19 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Preterism (look it up).

I'm not particularly convinced of the position in any case but that is the typical framework that the rejoinder comes from.

It seems like a preterist is someone who thinks that the end-of-days has already happened. I thought most Christians beleived it is on its way. So how do Christian who beleive that the world will end in the future (not the past) explain away those passages.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 3:48:58 PM
At 5/23/2011 3:16:30 PM, interrogator wrote:
Yes that is correct. The Rapture is on the way. Deal with it.:

We've heard that for 2,000 years now.... Hundreds of rapture prophecies over 2,000 years. All of them failed. A 100% rate of failure, to be exact. That's a pretty significant figure.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 6:12:45 PM

Dude. The rapture ain't gonna happen. Jesus is coming back, but all the Christians aren't gonna magically disappear. Beliefs like the rapture happens when a bunch of protestants think that they can interpret Greek, Hebrew, and Latin. :P

There is no evidence for the rapture at all in the NT except for 2 or 3 verses that were mistranslated and/or taken out of context.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 8:34:13 PM
The sooner the Rapture happens the better; once we get rid of all those pesky Theist party-poopers we can have a big drug-fuelled Pagan blood orgy.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 8:42:00 PM
At 5/23/2011 3:48:58 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

We've heard that for 2,000 years now.... Hundreds of rapture prophecies over 2,000 years. All of them failed. A 100% rate of failure, to be exact. That's a pretty significant figure.

But the next one will come true, you just wait!
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 8:49:20 PM
At 5/23/2011 3:48:58 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Not significant at all. That can be easily explained by anthropic principle.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 9:39:03 PM
At 5/23/2011 6:12:45 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

Dude. The rapture ain't gonna happen. Jesus is coming back, but all the Christians aren't gonna magically disappear. Beliefs like the rapture happens when a bunch of protestants think that they can interpret Greek, Hebrew, and Latin. :P

There is no evidence for the rapture at all in the NT except for 2 or 3 verses that were mistranslated and/or taken out of context.

Please correct me. I was lead to think that when Jesus, allegedly, comes back the Rapture ensues.

"There is no evidence for the rapture at all in the NT except for 2 or 3 verses that were mistranslated and/or taken out of context."

Also isn't that also a reason why following the Bible is risky. Allowing for interpretation makes such mistakes when, as I have stated in a other thread, is should be read as literal/fact.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:21:20 PM
At 5/23/2011 11:03:25 AM, kohai wrote:

I rest my case.

This
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 4:29:24 AM

It is a simple yet devastatingly effective tactic from the enemy; CRY WOLF so many times that when the REAL end is nigh, everybody says " yeah, right.. just like the LAST time! "

THAT was also the reason for The Lakeside 'revival' and others; the enemy counterfeits revival so that when a REAL one breaks out everyone is already cynical about healings etc..

In the final analysis though, this is ALL to God's glory; for only those with HIS discernment can differentiate between truth and lies, light and darkness..

So through His gift of discernment His Name is glorified!
The Cross.. the Cross.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 11:30:51 PM
At 5/23/2011 8:36:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The rapture already happened. Just so few people were taken that nobody noticed.

Hahaha.

Sigged
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)