Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

God's goodness and glory.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 3:47:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That if one of you were to stand before God, in all of His holiness and goodness on judgment day, and think that you will be able to stand before Him, before His glory and goodness and tell Him what you think from the evil on your heart, hear me not, you are wrong. It is an impossibility to do such before such an Almighty God of goodness and of glory that you would not be able to mutter a word from your lips in His presents. You would surely melt because of who He is alone! And given that you could stand before God and object to Him with the wickedness of your heart, you would dare not to, even given the option to do so, because of His goodness and glory your understanding would become vain and foolish, that your wisdom of what you have will become folly.

You before God is nothing before everything, you see. Without such a good and glorious God, there would be nothing, so that everything but God is nothing and worthless, and yet you would argue such a God like this one?

Yet you are deeply loved, by a God that hates the very heart of man. For God hates all those who are wicked, and they will not stand in His sight (Psalm 5:5). But through the compass of Jesus Christ, through the one that holds all in place and makes everything consist, you are loved, and loved you are greatly, before the throne of Jesus Christ you may stand blameless before heaven. In that even the angels of which are perfect are in confusion by what God has done through His Son Jesus Christ.

You are sinful, even your heart stands against you proclaiming laws and rules by which your conscious knows of guilt. Yet you suppress truth under pride, with false belief and fables handed down by other wicked men like you. But for the glory of God and of His goodness God brings fourth His Son, Jesus Christ to die in our place, both in body and in spirit so that our body and spirit may have life. But it is by faith we are saved, so although once we repent and believe on Jesus Christ, our spirit is renewed yet our body is still subjected to death, because of it's nature, that all that is matter is temporary without spirit, and yet our spirit is alive our body is of death and illness, because our spirit was once of death and of sin. So whoever repents and believes in Jesus Christ the Lord of all, will become a new, a new creature with a new nature, no longer of this world but of God. That the grace of God is stronger than sin and death, so that all can be saved by the gift that is given!

A new desire of wanting God only, nothing else is pleasing and all sin that was once willed upon is gone, all sin of what was stamped into the soul of the sinner is dead to never to return, and that faith being the condition and grace being the source of our salvation, that we will preserve to the very end like we without Jesus Christ would have preserved with sin to the very end, but it be that Christ is transforming our earthly bodies to become like His earthly body. So that although one who is saved may struggle with sin, he is willing like he was willing with sin. That it be for the glory of God and for His goodness!
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 4:43:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 3:47:37 AM, GodSands wrote:
That if one of you were to stand before God, in all of His holiness and goodness on judgment day, and think that you will be able to stand before Him, before His glory and goodness and tell Him what you think from the evil on your heart, hear me not, you are wrong. It is an impossibility to do such before such an Almighty God of goodness and of glory that you would not be able to mutter a word from your lips in His presents. You would surely melt because of who He is alone! And given that you could stand before God and object to Him with the wickedness of your heart, you would dare not to, even given the option to do so, because of His goodness and glory your understanding would become vain and foolish, that your wisdom of what you have will become folly.

You before God is nothing before everything, you see. Without such a good and glorious God, there would be nothing, so that everything but God is nothing and worthless, and yet you would argue such a God like this one?

Yet you are deeply loved, by a God that hates the very heart of man. For God hates all those who are wicked, and they will not stand in His sight (Psalm 5:5). But through the compass of Jesus Christ, through the one that holds all in place and makes everything consist, you are loved, and loved you are greatly, before the throne of Jesus Christ you may stand blameless before heaven. In that even the angels of which are perfect are in confusion by what God has done through His Son Jesus Christ.

You are sinful, even your heart stands against you proclaiming laws and rules by which your conscious knows of guilt. Yet you suppress truth under pride, with false belief and fables handed down by other wicked men like you. But for the glory of God and of His goodness God brings fourth His Son, Jesus Christ to die in our place, both in body and in spirit so that our body and spirit may have life. But it is by faith we are saved, so although once we repent and believe on Jesus Christ, our spirit is renewed yet our body is still subjected to death, because of it's nature, that all that is matter is temporary without spirit, and yet our spirit is alive our body is of death and illness, because our spirit was once of death and of sin. So whoever repents and believes in Jesus Christ the Lord of all, will become a new, a new creature with a new nature, no longer of this world but of God. That the grace of God is stronger than sin and death, so that all can be saved by the gift that is given!

A new desire of wanting God only, nothing else is pleasing and all sin that was once willed upon is gone, all sin of what was stamped into the soul of the sinner is dead to never to return, and that faith being the condition and grace being the source of our salvation, that we will preserve to the very end like we without Jesus Christ would have preserved with sin to the very end, but it be that Christ is transforming our earthly bodies to become like His earthly body. So that although one who is saved may struggle with sin, he is willing like he was willing with sin. That it be for the glory of God and for His goodness!

How will the Anti-Christ, the Man of Sin, the most powerful individual to ever walk the face of the Earth, be destroyed?

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.


His Splendour! Jesus' BEAUTY will destroy EVERYTHING that has not got Him in it!
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 5:28:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How will the Anti-Christ, the Man of Sin, the most powerful individual to ever walk the face of the Earth, be destroyed?

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.


His Splendour! Jesus' BEAUTY will destroy EVERYTHING that has not got Him in it.

AMEN!

I don't think anyone but perhaps DATC will read this, I maybe wrong?

I have some objections. To begin with I hear people say, "You have your beliefs and we will have our beliefs, the world will be a better place if people like you kept their beliefs to themselves."

Yet you see, the belief that we keep our beliefs to our selves is your beliefs, thus you are contradicting the very thing you speak. Your belief is that we keep our beliefs to our selves. What foolishness is that? For my belief is that Jesus Christ is the truth of all, upon and beyond all that is known to man, in that you must repent and believe in Him, with all of who you are! That there is a truth, to everything, covering all that has existed, does exist and will exist. Jesus Christ is the meaning to everything!

So when people say, "You have your beliefs and we will have our beliefs." They do not think about what they say, for what they say speaks against what they are saying, they are hypocrites, they say one thing and then do something that goes against what they say. Yet their statement of, "You have your beliefs and we will have ours." is illogical and unwise, yet they are born into sin, because of original sin, and then further they are taught that to sin is not sin at all. And low and behold, you get a person who is a slave to sin, and yet have been falsely taught that they can be all that they can be, that being rich is good, and being liked and honoured by man is good and is profitable. And they, from that, make statements that defend their view, yet makes no sense. Because they are outside of Jesus Christ for He all things consists by and through Him!

And that the heart of a wicked man has death stamped all over it, from inside to out, that they are born into sin. And their minds have become infected due to their hearts, that they think wicked things, and from that do wicked things. That to repent is to change your mind, to turn away from sin and to turn to Christ, and to believe by faith will lead to salvation, and a change of heart, in them both for your heart will change, your mind will change also. For one must repent and then believe in Jesus Christ, with everything! So that no only does Christ become the centre of your life, but that He absolutely surrounds your life, so that He is everything, that He is your life! For because Christ is both centre of your life, you may keep on believing in Him, and He surrounds your life so that you will continue to repent when you fall into a state of sin.

Jesus Christ is everything to a believer, for everything to a sinner is not everything, but themselves, so when I say Jesus Christ is everything to a believer, it is because Jesus Christ is the meaning of everything.

Another, is the sinners prayer, I will make this short. I was out today with some people from my church. And every Wednesday, they go out to 'share the Gospel' yet they do it as if it was no Gospel at all. Let us go fourth and preach to the lost the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is true that hell surrounds them like cloth. And with that in mind, let us believe in Christ that He will set free lost souls that they might have eternal life, and that they might know the Father. And although this is true in that every one who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord of all will agree upon this, they act as if it is not true. For I heard it said today, "All you need to do is to pray this simple prayer." In that it will only take 2 minutes of your time and you will be saved, for upon grace. That if they admit they are sinful and indeed of a savior, they are then given a prayer to read aloud. Yet after a brief few minutes of explaining some implications of the Gospel, they are then shown a prayer to read aloud, and then they sent on their way, with a track again explaining parts of the Gospel. Yet these people only engage with the mind, they speak Scripture, John 3:16. Not explaining well what it means. And although the Gospel is not of clever spoken words but of power, if you sit with one who is lost, for 5 minutes, and then send that one on his or her way, what power can derive from that? But a confessing soul of Christ that shows little care of the lost, that the power of the Gospel when spoken comes to life by faith, and faith is seen in actions. Not by telling someone about a prayer and informing one that we are sinners and that we need a savior. But instead, those who believe must spare their heart and soul into the person, explaining to them, what the Gospel is, what God did through Jesus Christ to save.

The sinners prayer, is a lie, from the belly of hell, for the Devil twists all Scripture and through that false hood and lies and based on truth or they have some truth in them, yet altogether, they are deceiving.

The Pastor at my church came to me as I was sharing the Gospel to a few people. He said, since everyone else was heading back to church, "Are you coming with us or are you going to keep chatting for two hours?" Ought not I speak for two whole hours about the Gospel to the lost? How dare he! I do not wish to speak briefly on the Gospel, they go out together, and split up into groups of two at least, they approach a lost soul, with their pieces of paper and sinners prayers, then they instead of spending all day if need be, they make time an objective, they gather again and then go boast about how many were saved, and how many people filled in their surveys. No, that is wrong, one must go out, give up His whole day to those who need to be saved and if need be, all that night. And further, one must teach that person all about who God is, and all about Christianity and the Gospel.

For it is hell to pay, and it is God who will judge the wicked of whom are out side of Christ, that it is not an earthly judge that we have sinned against, but the God of awe, the God of the universe, the God who created everything from nothing.

The sinners prayer speaks to the mind only, because it is of the mind, thought up by men that lack on knowledge of God and of the Gospel. Not only does it just speak to the mind, like everything else, it does not explain what it is to repent or to believe, neither does it convict anyone, it merely saying, if you read this prayer, and intellectually accept it, that all will be ok, and you will be saved! It is a lie with some truth mixed in! I hate it! Because it simply does not glorify God in any way whatsoever. And away is it with that one who has read the sinner prayer, welcome into the Kingdom of God, and never again will that person worry whether they are really born again of the spirit, for they were sincere and they acknowledge certain truths as being true. Thus they must be saved, otherwise they would not agree with the truths of God and of the Gospel. Wrong! One must repent and turn from their sin, and believe with everything they have in Jesus Christ!
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 7:05:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jesus is the anti-christ.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 7:16:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 7:15:01 PM, Sieben wrote:
Have any of you ever taken an IQ test or psychiatric test?

I have an IQ of 85 sir, I think I know what I'm talking about.

They let me out of the mental hospital, so I'm pretty sure that means I'm of strong mental health.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 7:23:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 7:15:01 PM, Sieben wrote:
Have any of you ever taken an IQ test or psychiatric test?

Here's an interesting question: When he dies, will he be able to tell he was wrong about there being an afterlife? Unfortunately, it seems to me that the answer is very likely "no." Nonexperience cannot be a comprehensible experience by definition. Still, this makes the thought that nothing but oblivion awaits us almost slightly satisfying.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 8:38:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can I ask Christians one thing? This so called "God" of yours..The biblical God... How do you know that it is the true God and not an entity that is or is similar to Satan? How do you know that you are not buying into an elaborate scheme plotted by Satan. It would seem that taking away the free will that God gave you would be a great goal for Satan to have, seems Christianity does that. To live in fear of total judgement, sounds like a goal of Satan to me. To make people believe that they are born bad or born sinners... Sounds like the work of Satan. To tell people that they will burn in hell if they don't ask to join you... Sounds like a plot Satan would have.

I could go on and on.... But I have made my point.

In my view.... You are selling your soul to the devil. You will become a mindless slave of Satan if you continue down your path.

If you look back throughout the bible it would seem that if you put it into the context of maybe being a book influenced by Satan saying that he was God, instead of being influence by the True God... It all starts to make sense.

How has your God of the bible really helped mankind? Maybe the game between God and Satan was really more like this...

Satan said men should have free will taken away, so that they can be controlled easier... And God said no, free will is good and men will never give up the gift I have given them.

Then God said that Satan may have any of mankind's souls...as long as they give up their free will and souls freely.

Along came the bible, Satan has been gaining souls and followers in the name of "God" ever since.

Satan wants you to become a mindless slave who does not want you to think for yourself or experience enjoyment from free will and the uniqueness or identity of self that god gave you. He wants you to become a cookie cutter slave soul.

God wants you to have free will and experience all the enjoyment and freedom of self that being a unique conscious soul has to offer. Enjoying existence as the unique creation that you are, the unique creation that God made you to be.

Think about it.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 9:16:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@ Justin_Chains

I think it is generally considered rude to make a topic and then paste your topic on someone else's topic no? I gave a few opinions hope we can have a reasonable talk on it :)
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 8:54:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 8:38:41 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
Can I ask Christians one thing? This so called "God" of yours..The biblical God... How do you know that it is the true God and not an entity that is or is similar to Satan? How do you know that you are not buying into an elaborate scheme plotted by Satan. It would seem that taking away the free will that God gave you would be a great goal for Satan to have, seems Christianity does that. To live in fear of total judgement, sounds like a goal of Satan to me. To make people believe that they are born bad or born sinners... Sounds like the work of Satan. To tell people that they will burn in hell if they don't ask to join you... Sounds like a plot Satan would have.

I could go on and on.... But I have made my point.

In my view.... You are selling your soul to the devil. You will become a mindless slave of Satan if you continue down your path.

If you look back throughout the bible it would seem that if you put it into the context of maybe being a book influenced by Satan saying that he was God, instead of being influence by the True God... It all starts to make sense.

How has your God of the bible really helped mankind? Maybe the game between God and Satan was really more like this...

Satan said men should have free will taken away, so that they can be controlled easier... And God said no, free will is good and men will never give up the gift I have given them.

Then God said that Satan may have any of mankind's souls...as long as they give up their free will and souls freely.

Along came the bible, Satan has been gaining souls and followers in the name of "God" ever since.

Satan wants you to become a mindless slave who does not want you to think for yourself or experience enjoyment from free will and the uniqueness or identity of self that god gave you. He wants you to become a cookie cutter slave soul.

God wants you to have free will and experience all the enjoyment and freedom of self that being a unique conscious soul has to offer. Enjoying existence as the unique creation that you are, the unique creation that God made you to be.

Think about it.

I have thought about this before, and it leads to the glory of man, not to God. In that this is a dangerous and destructive notion and concept. Satan pretending to be God and convincing many of it. For it is false that Satan is pretending to be God, but instead it is rather that instead of Satan pretending to be God, it is Satan not wanting and you to know or believe that he exists. For if God wants us to enjoy our selves as unique creatures, why then would He allow us to be deceived in believing that Satan is God? For surely if that is true, it is therefore false. For you think God wants us to be free and enjoy our unique nature, yet if that is so, why is there a Satan? He is unnecessary, not even relevant in anything, but to deceive us into thinking he is God. Yet further, there is no truth, for if God wants us to be free in our unique nature, isn't that exactly what Christians are doing. Freely choosing to believe that God is God and that Jesus Christ has come to free us from Himself as God, through repentance and faith? So there is no deceiving, but a mere opinion of what is thought to be freedom.

There is no laws or rules, and ever more so there is no law telling us to say there is no laws. In that, it is not wrong to believe that God is God, but rather there is no definition of what should be seen as unique and free, but what is unique and free is relative, opinionated, that there is no right or wrong way.

For God the one you say exists, has not spoken out in giving us laws to live by, but that we should follow our nature, be it that we believe in atheism or that we believe in Jesus Christ. Deceived or not deceived, truth is what is, a form of pluralism that truth can account for any matter of things to be true.

Yet no one lives according to that, even you do not, hence your argument it's self goes against it's self, by saying it is true yet it says it is also false, because I am free to believe it as false and that is what God of which whom you believe in, wants us to be like, totally free in our nature.

In that also, there really is no such thing as sin, yet saying there is no such thing as anything, whatever it may be makes no sense, because by saying there is no such thing as sin proclaims something being true for everyone, instead of a certain someone or a certain group. Therefore it is contradictory.

God, the God of the Bible is righteous, and He has given us His law, so that we might know what sin is. But for your God, and for your Satan who is fooling Christians to believe in Jesus Christ so that he can deprive them of their freedom, there is no standards, for we can only live by our nature, for we are consumed in our bodies, and thus we can only live in them. And our minds can only work and function the way they do, for whatever we think or do, we live by our unique nature that your God has given us. So there, your God has no standard. He is like a father to a son that lets his son do what he wishes, if that be to obey him or not to obey him, neither are right or wrong. And in fact to obey him is also to not to obey him.

The notion that Satan is pretending to be God is absurd, surely you have not thought this through? For it justified your sin for not being sin at all, instead of repenting and believing in Jesus Christ making your sin, like no sin at all for all sin has been paid for through the blood of Jesus Christ. But you must repent and believe in Jesus Christ, for no one wicked will and stand before God, and no one who is not holy will not see the Lord.

The notion of which you believe to be true justifies your sin, yet it makes not sense. In that, it is so that you would rather believe in something that makes no sense, than to believe in something that does, and for you to repent and believe in Jesus Christ. You believe what you do, because it justifies your sin as not being sin at all. For God is holy and good, righteous and loving, thus for those who are wicked and not to the standard of God, cannot dwell with Him, for they must be punished for their sin, punished both in their personal sin, and in their innate sin. That all are born into sin, because all are born children of Adam. And therefore your mind because of your heart, is not of God, not seeking to repent of your sin, but to please yourself in sin. To repent is to have a change of mind, to turn away from sin, and to believe in Jesus Christ is to give up on yourself.

The concept that Satan as the Christian God is absurd! And that the Satan of Christianity is the real God is equally absurd! For since there is no gain or lose in anything, but in mere subjective matters, why doesn't God of which you believe, destroy this pretend God? You may ask the same to me, but by doing so, you would make no sense. For my God, the Christian one gains glory from His children over them over coming and defeating the snares of Satan. And God's glory is our glory also, yet all the glory that we get is given to God. Since He loved us first, you see.

Whereas for your God, we are God in your God's sight, He is not God in his sight. For if he was God in his sight, surely he would desire us to treat him as God in his sight, for it would be right and it would be wrong to do otherwise. For my God is good and righteous, holy and just and also loving. Thus he cannot justify the wicked, and because of His character he has such standards, for if one is truly loving, one will have standards and laws in which they themselves will exist by. For if one is just, they will accept the unjust as just and for my God, for all in which He creates must be compared by Himself. For it would not be just or loving otherwise, creating mankind without a law to live by, it would be wickedness to do otherwise.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 5:11:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 7:05:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Jesus is the anti-christ.

Matthew 12:25-27 (New International Version)
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.


TOO easy.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 5:12:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 7:23:24 PM, Grape wrote:
At 5/25/2011 7:15:01 PM, Sieben wrote:
Have any of you ever taken an IQ test or psychiatric test?

Here's an interesting question: When he dies, will he be able to tell he was wrong about there being an afterlife? Unfortunately, it seems to me that the answer is very likely "no." Nonexperience cannot be a comprehensible experience by definition. Still, this makes the thought that nothing but oblivion awaits us almost slightly satisfying.

'Here's an interesting question' even if you DO say so yourself?
The Cross.. the Cross.