Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Jesus, Interrupted (A recommendation)

Agnostic86
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM, Agnostic86 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.

Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM, Agnostic86 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.

Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?

Great book if you like the following logic:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:41:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 1:36:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM, Koopin wrote:
Great book if you like the following logic:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.

?

K + F = C
kfc
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 3:25:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM, Agnostic86 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.

Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?

Great book if you like the following logic:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.

Sounds good to me :)
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 5:30:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?

Yeah it's decent, most of Ehrman's work is. Don't be put off by the title, it's the stuff you would study if you took Theology in a decently reputed University (which is what he taught).
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 7:55:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM, Agnostic86 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.

It is a good read are 2 of his other books: Misquoting Jesus, and God's Problem. I am set to read Lost Scriptures by him in the coming weeks.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.