Jump to topic:

Jesus, Interrupted (A recommendation)

Agnostic86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

It is a really good book and recommend that you read it.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM
At 6/4/2011 10:26:47 AM, Agnostic86 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm reading a really good book right now called Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (and Why we Don't Know About Them) by Bart D. Ehrman

Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM
At 6/4/2011 1:15:19 PM, vardas0antras wrote:

Doesn't seem like a good book, though. Has anyone read it and if so is it any good?

Great book if you like the following logic:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:41:52 PM
At 6/4/2011 1:36:54 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM, Koopin wrote:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.

?

K + F = C
kfc
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 3:25:03 PM
At 6/4/2011 1:33:14 PM, Koopin wrote:

If A = B
And B = A
Than B = C.

Sounds good to me :)
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 5:30:06 PM

Yeah it's decent, most of Ehrman's work is. Don't be put off by the title, it's the stuff you would study if you took Theology in a decently reputed University (which is what he taught).
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 7:55:31 PM

It is a good read are 2 of his other books: Misquoting Jesus, and God's Problem. I am set to read Lost Scriptures by him in the coming weeks.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.