Jump to topic:

Christian intellectual dishonesty

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 7:49:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here is a fine example, KRfournier, is winning a debate against me on this topic,

http://www.debate.org...

But when challenged to debate about whether the same argument is valid changing it to ipu he declined and his voters have not accepted here is his followed by the voters debates:

Notice not a single one of them seems willing to take the challenge, wonder why, could it have been that the original argument as I pointed out in the debate was special pleading.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 7:55:06 AM
lets quote medic0506 in a private message: "Secondly, I do not believe it's rational to believe in the pink unicorn."

So apparently this argument was amazingly convincing only to him on a notion he has presupposed to be true. Strange how that doesn't work as a valid argument, yet he dishonestly voted for this argument to work, when it was about the being he presupposes, but the second its about an alternate that he doesn't presuppose it doesn't hold water. Intellectually dishonest voting 101 right there.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 8:06:04 AM
Izbo, this might sound more credible coming from someone who wasn't an idiot. You lost that debate because you sucked at debating.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 8:07:53 AM
At 6/21/2011 8:06:04 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Izbo, this might sound more credible coming from someone who wasn't an idiot. You lost that debate because you sucked at debating.

oh snap
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:31:24 AM
I noted a bajillion times I would accept that debate if you actually wanted a debate and were not trolling, you still have not noted that is the case. Again,if you want to debate it no problem, just say Y-E-S, and as soon as I have cleared a few debates I will accept it.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:39:36 AM
I told you that i don't debate about religous topics.
So stop challenging me unless you come with something else.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:56:21 AM
At 6/21/2011 8:31:07 AM, Meatros wrote:
I think you misunderstood KRFournier's argument.

I think he misunderstood his own argument...
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 12:47:21 PM
At 6/21/2011 10:56:21 AM, KeytarHero wrote:
At 6/21/2011 8:31:07 AM, Meatros wrote:
I think you misunderstood KRFournier's argument.

I think he misunderstood his own argument...

I think I'm with you and Cliff here...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 3:40:46 PM
From what I've seen of izbo10 I'm not even going to take this seriously.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 8:42:24 PM
I am making the point i shouldn't have had to waste this many characters in the actual debate to point out it was special pleading, simply pointing out special pleading should have been enough. I didnt misunderstand cliffs argument as a matter of fact i just posted his exact argument here not changing anything but god to pink unicorn, to show the argument invalid. Guess what guys you might want to learn about valid arguments, its the form of the argument that makes it valid, if its invalid because you change the subject the form was never valid.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 8:51:32 PM
did nobody notice that he was suppose to argue that a specific god could be rational to believe in would one of you mental midgets address where he did so.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:01:14 PM
This forum is just a burst of anger and frustration. Either learn to cope with the idiots on this website, or just give up. According to your view, we are all vastly under your intellectual superiority and capabilities...Interesting, since you are loosing the debate. Instead of reasoning that there might be something wrong with your arguments, you surmise and conclude that your argument is good and everyone else incapable of understanding.

Now, is that a logical reasoning on your behalf? I challenge you to prove SUBSTANTIAL proof that we are "morons.".
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:03:40 PM
At 6/21/2011 7:49:07 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Here is a fine example, KRfournier, is winning a debate against me on this topic,

The resolution is clearly disparaging faith in god.

But when challenged to debate about whether the same argument is valid changing it to ipu he declined and his voters have not accepted here is his followed by the voters debates:

Insulting, especially personifying religious means with the "invisible pink unicorn."

Notice not a single one of them seems willing to take the challenge, wonder why, could it have been that the original argument as I pointed out in the debate was special pleading.

Your original argument was alright. But here's a different reason, if you keep posting insulting comments and arguing with members on their websites, then maybe the people you've argued with don't want to have a debate with you?
Or all we just below your massive intellecutality?

I say the first proposal is much more reasonable and realistic.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:04:31 PM
Oh, and the resolution itself is a bit disgraceful...With that, I'm done.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:06:55 PM
Validity of an argument is based on the form of the argument, man is good, if an argument is valid then if you change the word around it shouldn't become invalid just based on a different subject is used, otherwise it is special pleading and was not valid to begin with, by the way invisible pink unicorns far less unlikely then virgin born zombie saviors with sky daddies, who rose the dead, walked on water, and turned water into wine. I do apologize to anyone who does believe in ipus this could be insulting to you as you are far less irrational then these idiots.

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:09:12 PM
At 6/21/2011 8:42:24 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am making the point i shouldn't have had to waste this many characters in the actual debate to point out it was special pleading, simply pointing out special pleading should have been enough. I didnt misunderstand cliffs argument as a matter of fact i just posted his exact argument here not changing anything but god to pink unicorn, to show the argument invalid. Guess what guys you might want to learn about valid arguments, its the form of the argument that makes it valid, if its invalid because you change the subject the form was never valid.

Are you even here to debate now? It's beginning to look as though you're simply here to throw a paradoxical combination of intellectual put-downs and bad grammar towards anyone who disagrees with you.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:22:38 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:09:12 PM, Denote wrote:

Are you even here to debate now? It's beginning to look as though you're simply here to throw a paradoxical combination of intellectual put-downs and bad grammar towards anyone who disagrees with you.

says the idiot who's profile says he believes in virgin born zombie saviors.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:27:03 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:22:38 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Says the guy who even posted this forum up! God (figuratively, mind you!), what a stubborn work you have created in the dearest of your hands.
This forum is truly bland, and serves as a way of getting the load off your shoulders and weights, a way to ease your frustration. For all purposes, this forum does not do anything to better ourselves, except in the field of understanding izbo10's world.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:29:14 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:06:55 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Validity of an argument is based on the form of the argument, man is good, if an argument is valid then if you change the word around it shouldn't become invalid just based on a different subject is used, otherwise it is special pleading and was not valid to begin with, by the way invisible pink unicorns far less unlikely then virgin born zombie saviors with sky daddies, who rose the dead, walked on water, and turned water into wine.
Run-on sentence. Clearly disparaging work about "zombie saviors" and "sky daddies", intended to attack Christian. After all, if you were a true atheist, you would attack other religions as well. But, unfortunately, you have not. So either be fair and criticize all, or condemn none.
I do apologize to anyone who does believe in ipus this could be insulting to you as you are far less irrational then these idiots.
IDK.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:39:01 PM
Sorry grammar police, but if you don't like those words don't believe in christianity. They are just saying the same thing in a different way to show how stupid the belief really is. Sorry it offends you, but I am not the one defending a zombie savior.

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:43:46 PM

Saviors?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:45:26 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:43:46 PM, Denote wrote:

Saviors?

Idiot? Please, you're making me laugh with all the irony in your words!

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:46:48 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:39:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Sorry grammar police, but if you don't like those words don't believe in christianity. They are just saying the same thing in a different way to show how stupid the belief really is. Sorry it offends you, but I am not the one defending a zombie savior.

Mi dispiace, signore. Non comprehendo che, un uomo che aveva una intelligenze cosi grande puo rimanere sul questo sito.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:49:03 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:46:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Mi dispiace, signore. Non comprehendo che, un uomo che aveva una intelligenze cosi grande puo rimanere sul questo sito.

Du bist ein diche braune cu und du kanst mein arshe leche.

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 9:55:35 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:49:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Attempt too translate sentence without using google translate.

"you are an idiot"

Was I close?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:06:28 PM
At 6/21/2011 9:49:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 6/21/2011 9:46:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Sentence doesn't even make sense. But,
Was horror! Was terror! Der Vater der Himmel und der Himmel würde werfen sie ihre gliedmaßen, stab dein Herz, und rip ihr Körper werfen, bevor es in die Berge. "Abscheuliche kind, Sohn des Kain, gehen sie in die tiefe unbekannt und es sehen, dass sie leiden wird die gräueltat des ihre Verbrechen!"

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:14:42 PM
Chiedo iddio, e che era il mio creatore chi dava il mondo, l'acqua, la terra, e gli segreti della aira, la forza del viva.

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2011 10:32:04 PM
izbo10 should know a few things about debate
First, no ad hominem attacks, at the very least that will lose you conduct points every time.
Second, if you lose, do so gracefully and don't throw a tantrum, if you have a problem with a vote, take it up with the voter in a rational manner.
Now you are probably going to say something to the effect that you don't have to listen to someone who believes in a zombie savior, but again that is not a rational debate.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike