Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheism and the world ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:28:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Now I think that we are getting warm. Lets be real here folks. The secularists
have failed to produce a dispositionary smoking gun, that God does not
exist. Obviously He does, based on reasons that are foreign to nonbelievers.
There is no concept here other than religion, and many of us try to prove
that we know what God expects through scriptures and other literary documents.
Yes, there may be some disagreements. But the majority rules here.
Make no mistake about that. God is real. And His impact has been felt and
will continue to be until the end of time.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:33:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:25:24 AM, interrogator wrote:
I found a very interesting site here for everyone here today.

See below.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Wow! You are right that site is awesome. It has information on everything! I'm so glad you found that site for us. I never would have got to use it otherwise!
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:40:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:28:40 AM, interrogator wrote:
Now I think that we are getting warm. Lets be real here folks. The secularists
have failed to produce a dispositionary smoking gun, that God does not
exist. Obviously He does, based on reasons that are foreign to nonbelievers.

Almost a perfect example of an appeal to ignorance.

You can't prove that the Green Lantern does not exist, therefore he does!

There is no concept here other than religion, and many of us try to prove
that we know what God expects through scriptures and other literary documents.

You mean, many here put there spin on what someone else has thought about 'God', right?

Yes, there may be some disagreements. But the majority rules here.

At one point the majority subscribed to astrology, does that mean it's legit?

Make no mistake about that. God is real. And His impact has been felt and
will continue to be until the end of time.

John Edwards has a similar claim about speaking with the dead. I don't believe him and I don't believe you.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:44:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And in case you are wondering. Astrology was and is an actual religion.
Almost half of Christians, and secularists, also believe that there is some
undeniable truth to astrology in general. Notice I did not say horoscopes.
Because noone can predict the future. Astrology is about definition of
ones personal existence from a cult perspective. This ideology comes from
the Devil. This is why it is denounced in the Word Of God. *
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:45:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:41:29 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. Epic Fail my friend.
The next time you try to oust me with facts............
Please do not use comic book characters.

You got it. Don't be swayed by these stupid facts or logical fallacies. You know you're right from a strong inner conviction, and that's all that matters.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:49:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:41:29 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. Epic Fail my friend.
The next time you try to oust me with facts............
Please do not use comic book characters.

Powerful rebuttal, filled with a substantive explanation of how my reasoning went astray. I applaud you Sir for brightening my dim room of reason.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 9:51:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:44:55 AM, interrogator wrote:
And in case you are wondering. Astrology was and is an actual religion.

Oh dear...I'm not even sure I want to wade into this quagmire...

Almost half of Christians, and secularists, also believe that there is some
undeniable truth to astrology in general. Notice I did not say horoscopes.

So does that make it legit?

Because noone can predict the future.

Not even the prophets in the bible? What about Jesus?

Astrology is about definition of
ones personal existence from a cult perspective. This ideology comes from
the Devil. This is why it is denounced in the Word Of God. *

Again, I'm not wading into the quagmire of correcting your beliefs about astrology...
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:04:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meatros. Yes ! Jesus can. But the only reason why people can too, is if HE
tells them Himself. You can receive revelation through God. But here is
the tricky part. The devil has the ability to foretell some events.
But this is only because he at one point was the second most powerful being
in the universe, which explains why he is a fallen angel. He was Gods chosen
one, but he went againt Him and was casted out of Heaven along with the
rest of his friends. They are the ones who chose to follow Satan.
Now you can understand why the world is dealing with these influences
daily. The Bible tells you about that, too. Deep isnt it.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:06:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The deception lies when the enemy uses his light to deceive others.
This is why you have so many false prophets and teachers.
False meaning that they have the ability to foretell certain events at certain
times. But it is for their own reasons other than God's.
Be careful my friend. The enemy is a very intelligent being.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:08:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:04:19 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. Yes ! Jesus can. But the only reason why people can too, is if HE
tells them Himself. You can receive revelation through God. But here is
the tricky part.

So then your prior assertion, "Because noone can predict the future", was wrong. Check.

So how do you know that astrologers and others aren't predicting the future through the power of Jesus?

The devil has the ability to foretell some events.

Wait, so the Devil can also tell the future?

But this is only because he at one point was the second most powerful being
in the universe, which explains why he is a fallen angel.

I'm curious, where does it say this in the Bible, the 'fallen angel' and the 'second most powerful being' part?

He was Gods chosen
one, but he went againt Him and was casted out of Heaven along with the
rest of his friends. They are the ones who chose to follow Satan.

Is this Biblical? What passages support this?

Now you can understand why the world is dealing with these influences
daily. The Bible tells you about that, too. Deep isnt it.

All this tells me is that you don't think through your posts, since this post directly contradicts your prior post where you said no one can predict the future.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:09:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:07:15 AM, interrogator wrote:
Thad. Naturalism is a very interesting topic wouldnt you say. *

I'm going to have to agree with you there.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:12:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 9:25:24 AM, interrogator wrote:
I found a very interesting site here for everyone here today.

See below.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

You only just found out about Wikipedia Lol good for you.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:13:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meatros. I made that statement in a casual yet careless manner.
Yes, people can predict the future. And if it is through God it will be
as a personal revelation that enlightens ones spirit and leads them to
a path of righteousness. When it is the other way around it leads you
to a path of destruction. There may be some truth to what they are
saying, but it is from the Prince Of Darkness himself.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:16:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Belief in neither God, or life force. The 'numbers' on that side of the category, look quite
dismal you guys. Why ? Can you give me a solid answer to that question.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:28:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:13:30 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. I made that statement in a casual yet careless manner.
Yes, people can predict the future. And if it is through God it will be
as a personal revelation that enlightens ones spirit and leads them to
a path of righteousness. When it is the other way around it leads you
to a path of destruction. There may be some truth to what they are
saying, but it is from the Prince Of Darkness himself.

So what was your train of thought when you wrote it?

You clearly disagree with it, I'm kind of puzzled at what you were originally trying to say now.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:34:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:16:59 AM, interrogator wrote:
Belief in neither God, or life force. The 'numbers' on that side of the category, look quite
dismal you guys. Why ? Can you give me a solid answer to that question.

So numbers = truth.

In that case, Christianity is false, since the majority of the people on earth do not believe in Christianity.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

To use the 'high end' numbers: 2.2 billion Christians, versus 3.8 billion non Christians (using the 'low' numbers).

Clearly Christianity is not correct, since so many people disbelieve it, according to your logic...
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:34:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meatros. Youre just confused anyway.
You dont know to much about the Bible or the facts that make it the
prevelent and powerful document that it is today.
Youre caught in the crossfires of secular propaganda and religious nonsense.
I feel for you kid.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:52:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:34:41 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. Youre just confused anyway.
You dont know to much about the Bible or the facts that make it the
prevelent and powerful document that it is today.
Youre caught in the crossfires of secular propaganda and religious nonsense.
I feel for you kid.

Well, I will admit that I probably don't know much, so you got me there.

What I think you are failing to realize is that you are not one for elucidation.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:58:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meatros. Numbers in this case does stress validacy.
It is because of humans personal experiences with the spirit world.
Their experiences with the unknown.
You couldnt possibly think that all of these intelligent and highly credible
and educated beings are being goaded or misguided blindly by
propaganda alone. Life is much more sophisticated than that son.
God exists.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 10:59:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You Atheists think that we are confused. Maybe about the religion.
But not about His existence. That is the difference. <---------------
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 11:01:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
People like you will never be satisfied until you see Him.
But God lets us know daily, that He is there.
Faith is far more greater than you can fathom.
Dont forget that His Spirit lies in ours.
That is how we know.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 11:07:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:58:32 AM, interrogator wrote:
Meatros. Numbers in this case does stress validacy.

Why only in this case?

It is because of humans personal experiences with the spirit world.

You've verified this...how?

Their experiences with the unknown.

If it is unknown, why do you jump to the conclusion that it's an experience with 'the spirit world'?

You couldnt possibly think that all of these intelligent and highly credible
and educated beings are being goaded or misguided blindly by
propaganda alone. Life is much more sophisticated than that son.
God exists.

I'm not your son, I'm probably older then you are.

That said, let me get this straight, your argument is:

There are a bunch of people who believe in God, therefore God exists.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 11:08:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/22/2011 10:59:57 AM, interrogator wrote:
You Atheists think that we are confused. Maybe about the religion.
But not about His existence. That is the difference. <---------------

I don't think that you are 'confused' necessarily - I think you are wrong.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 11:09:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Naturalism is the philosophical belief that natural forces opposed to
supernatural forces is the nucleus of all things created. I beg to differ.
That would only mean that nothing created something.
Again, it is an epic fail and does not give us any real answers about this
topic in a manner that overrides the existence of God Himself.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2011 11:10:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meatros. Nope. Im not wrong. My case about numbers stand.
It is the experience. You missed that one. But again, what was I to
expect from a dummy.