Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

easier to teach physics to 1st graders

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:07:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:09:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And let me guess, you are the pinnacle of intelligence?

Teehee.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:10:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:09:05 AM, annhasle wrote:
And let me guess, you are the pinnacle of intelligence?

Teehee.

as a matter of fact yes.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:11:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:10:59 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:09:05 AM, annhasle wrote:
And let me guess, you are the pinnacle of intelligence?

Teehee.

as a matter of fact yes.

Alright, prove it. What makes you so much more intelligent in comparison to the other users on this site?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:22:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.

Calling others stupid doesn't make you any more intelligent.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:22:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument.

This will look very ironic after our debate. Hey Ann, remember the lesson that Jeff taught some other arrogant atheist about the use of the certain vocabulary in philosophy? Yeah... ;)
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:23:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.

How do you define a valid argument? Let me guess, one that you wrote? People like you make non-believers look like a-holes the same way that interrogator makes Christians seem annoyingly preachy. If you're really so frustrated that you can't calm down and have a discussion without resorting to insults then maybe you should take up another hobby... like being a hermit.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:25:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
no one where the conclusion follows and it can't just lead to whatever arbitrary result you want based on assertion.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:25:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.

That doesn't prove that you are the pinnacle of intelligence. In fact, them not understanding a "valid argument" or the "special pleading fallacy" (as you claim) does not prove that they are any less smart than you are. Their intellectual capacity might measure higher than yours, even if you might have more knowledge in critical thinking or logical fallacies.

Or maybe you didn't express yourself clearly. Maybe you used the special pleading fallacy incorrectly. There are many more factors that you haven't accounted for besides their intelligence level. And since you have not proven that your knowledge is more extensive than theirs, I cannot accept that you are the pinnacle of intelligence.

Nice try though.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:26:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:22:23 AM, Grape wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument.

This will look very ironic after our debate. Hey Ann, remember the lesson that Jeff taught some other arrogant atheist about the use of the certain vocabulary in philosophy? Yeah... ;)

Of course I remember! LOL. XD
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:28:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Cite some examples.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:28:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

You don't use proper grammar or even punctuation. And yet YOU are writing to your governor about low intelligence?

Oh the irony.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:31:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:25:32 AM, izbo10 wrote:
no one where the conclusion follows and it can't just lead to whatever arbitrary result you want based on assertion.

Well I've been following the plethora of forum posts and debate comments/arguments that you've been involved in either directly or indirectly and while at some points I don't think that some people quite understood what you were trying to say, I haven't really found a lot of examples where it's due to the person not knowing what a "valid argument" is. For the most part it's either been a miscommunication or just in general more name calling than debate.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 2:08:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Glad I wrote to the governor of my state, we need to start teaching kids how to use capital letters in middle school so they dont end up like you.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:45:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's fun to see you guys destroy arrogant @ssholes at an intellectual level. It's one of the best features of debate.org
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 7:28:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:07:36 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

We tell you to get over it, and what do you do? Make a second topic to whine about losing your debate.

Christ.

We have a very good grasp of logic and reason, but you seem to have a very poor grasp of debating and you dont even know it
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:28:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:07:36 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

Ridiculous. And here, you're asking to post a forum that has little to do with debating, and is merely a complaint. If we were all required to pass an intelligence test, then I guess you should go on to another debate website then stay here.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:36:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:10:59 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:09:05 AM, annhasle wrote:
And let me guess, you are the pinnacle of intelligence?

Teehee.

as a matter of fact yes.

I laugh with irony. You claim to have reasoning skills, but how can that compare to members who have a much better debating style, reasoning skills, or even logic--(laughs) than you? If you're the pinnacle of intelligence, then explain why you're also the village idiot of DDO (we have elected you a new post!) And plus, many of members come from different regions of the United States, and the world...maybe, all Americans, except for you, are dumb.

Wow, that's believable (laughs again).

And, what does this have anything to do with religon? Unless if I am lacking in "logic" or "education", then surely what doctrine of religion are we discussing? Izbo10's own posts are just complaints about the members of this website? Is this religion? Then, if it is, it is also a faith, which izbo10 decided to define as "belief without evidence". Therefore, you believe we are all idiots without evidence. And when a statement is made without evidence, it is false, incorrect unless if proven logical (which as I have shown is not: if Occam's razor is considered, which of the following presumptions is much more reasonable: a) izbo10 is smart, and everyone else is an idiot [who needs to "educate" themselves" or b) izbo10 himself isn't that great). And your statements are not logical at all. So much for the man who states to be well-versed in logic. The irony is incredible, I must say.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:40:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:28:41 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Cite some examples.

I bet the governor wasn't too happy to waste his/her time reading your letter, izbo10. Considering the fact that it was written by the guy who forgot to capitalize, or put any punctuation in a sentence that would make no sense. That, and a few rushed sentences, make izbo10's work a hard thing to read.
And all this about logic, critical reading, is bogus. The governor of the state would most likely considering adding a mental asylum or psychological class if you keep sending him/her letters about the state of our education. Yes, the American education is not at its peak. But adding logic and reading comprehension (and "critical thinking") wouldn't lift our intelligence even further, by the way.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 2:15:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 2:10:36 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Dam annhasle beat me to the joke!

Lol. Booyah!! :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:14:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:07:36 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

And the person who posted this up is obviously a layman in logic who clearly is (who uses so many terms to define logic?) and talks about passing an intelligence test, when clearly this forum is not appropriate to a website like this. If you wish that there be more critical thinking, read our debates. If you wish for more logic, then read a manual for logic than talk to members on this website. Don't expect us to yearn up terms like that and outsmart you even further with our "rationality", when it is clear that your irrationality exists. This is obvious since your comments are bizarre and always baseless. Want to talk about logic? Use logic. After all, logic is, in your eyes, a bunch of terms and syllogisms.

By the way, first graders couldn't learn physics. It shows how illogical you are, thinking that first graders [I assume average first graders] would learn a topic that high school-ers have struggled in. But I think the prospect of you teaching the entire board of members logic would be much easier if we taught you a few lessons of our own, your _________.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:19:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.

Inconclusive [and false, by the way: all the members you've "encountered" have used syllogisms in their arguments].
And obviously, you are so stupid to directly attack me, knowing that I have been hounding you ever since. Obviously, you cannot imagine that an atheist, WHO DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, can be sympathetic to the concepts of religion. Wow, what "pinnacle of intelligence." Your view of religion has been incredibly narrow: you compared it to the Nazi party once, and said that it was sending people to the gas chambers [figuratively: this shows your hate, by the way]. Funny, since religion isn't a person, and there are different interpretations of those doctrines.
God is the "sky daddy". Honestly, it would be stupid to attack god, because he can simply whip out a thunderbolt and incinerate you [that is, if he is real]. And by posting this, and claiming others, you have shown yourself to be inept. How does this show that you're the "pinnacle of intelligence"? Your comment shows no correlation between your own "intelligence" and ours, and fails to even answer the question:

So what, if a couple of other people are dumb, how are you smart? And if you are, how are you the smartest?


If you want to make a completely strawman argument, based on facts without evidence, and even attack others, then you will destroyed by one of us. And, oh look, it's one of those "idiots" beating "the pinnacle of intelligence."

I rest my case.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:20:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:22:02 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:18:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:
lets see the people i have encountered are cliff stamp, rkfornier, medic0505(or something like that), cobo, man-is-good, some ninja guy as well. These people have no clue what a syllogism is or a valid argument. They don't recognize special pleading fallacies. I mean they seriously don't understand basic topics. I stand by my assertion, the most of them are ignorant christians, man is good is so stupid he claims to be atheist yet claims god is not a man made concept. I mean seriously come on now.

Calling others stupid doesn't make you any more intelligent.

It only makes the caller even more stupid.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:22:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Dark, mysterious, brooding, vicious, angry, proud, arrogant. These are the dangers of atheism.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:57:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 4:22:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Dark, mysterious, brooding, vicious, angry, proud, arrogant. These are the dangers of atheism.

You make it sound like Theists could never ever be any of those things.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:59:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 4:57:57 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 6/23/2011 4:22:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Dark, mysterious, brooding, vicious, angry, proud, arrogant. These are the dangers of atheism.

You make it sound like Theists could never ever be any of those things.

Well, all I know is that the theists on this website aren't those things either.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 5:05:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:27:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
glad i wrote to the governor of my state, we need to teach logic in middle school as well as critical thinking the intelligence level on this board is telling i fear for this country with this ignorance.

Glad we have a few looney-bins lying around the corner....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau