Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Question for Christians: Is God a racist?

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:28:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been told that humans that live in remote corners of the world who have never heard of Christianity, together with those humans that were born before Christianity existed, would be admitted into the Kingdom of Heaven provided they were lived kind and good lives.

I hope this is true; otherwise God would be discriminating against people based upon where and when they lived.

However, just today, I read this:

"Not so very long ago, we shared this planet with several other species of human, all of them clever, resourceful and excellent hunters…"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Those species included Homo erectus, the Neanderthals and Homo sapiens (that's us folks).

So, when a kind-hearted and generous Homo erectus died or a diligent and charitable Neanderthal died, were they allowed into Heaven or not?

If not, then God would have been discriminating against certain humans based on their sub-species and it's only a short hop from discrimination based on sub-species to discrimination based on ethnicity.

However, if he did allow them into Heaven, do modern humans mingle freely with Neanderthals and Homo erectus in Heaven or are they separated from us like blacks and whites were separated in Apartheid South Africa?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 5:44:55 AM
The Bible tells the Christian faithful that God created all the other creatures great and small, which must include very small creatures such as bacteria and viruses.

This means that God must really hate black people, who are disproportionately poor, both in the West and the wider developing world, and have least access to safe food and water resources and who are also least able to afford vaccines and medical treatment.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 10:50:07 AM
I will attempt to answer your question though I am a Muslim. In this question I do not see how it matters. It could have been addressed to Muslims as well...

When we talk about whole humanity being children of Adam and Eve (Peace on Them), there are few religious meanings attached to it.
1. That all human beings have same ancestor. This means that all of us are equal at a spiritual level.
2. That the first person on earth was a messenger of God. What it means is that Islam (whatever the name may be) came to earth along with humans.

So the only question that remains is - were the neanderthals ++, humans or apes? If they were humans, they are spiritually equal to us and will be judged for their deeds. Otherwise, as far as we know, there is no judgement for them.

From Islam's side, we do not know when and where Adam and Eve (Peace on them) came on earth. So actually making a judgement is difficult.

We do not get much help from science also. It is impossible to guess many things from fossils. The link between intelligence and brain size remains weak. We cannot predict the kind of hair, skin or dress they had from fossils. Visuals you see on TV is phony. Science does not really know how they looked. It is interesting that while no scientist actually says that images on television are accurate, in public mind those visuals remain no 1 evidence about part human, part ape status of neanderthals ++.

At 6/24/2011 12:28:05 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I have been told that humans that live in remote corners of the world who have never heard of Christianity, together with those humans that were born before Christianity existed, would be admitted into the Kingdom of Heaven provided they were lived kind and good lives.

The correct answer is, I don't know. From Quran we know that the righteous believers will go to heaven. We also know that the people who deny and reject in spite of clear knowledge will go to hell. For all other people, I am not sure at all. I suspect there is no general rule - and the decisions will be taken on case to case basis.

However, if he did allow them into Heaven, do modern humans mingle freely with Neanderthals and Homo erectus in Heaven or are they separated from us like blacks and whites were separated in Apartheid South Africa?

If they are humans, there would be no discrimination based on origin.

BTW, I heard somewhere (not sure where) that if we love someone in this life, we will remain close to them in heaven as well, God Willing. It may be possible that the social arrangement in this life will continue in some form. However I don't thing there should be any segregation.

When Muslims have to answer questions where they have to speculate about answers, there is a standard way in which they are expected to end. I will do the same...

Allah knows best!
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:56:28 AM
At 6/24/2011 12:28:05 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I hope this is true; otherwise God would be discriminating against people based upon where and when they lived.

However, just today, I read this:

"Not so very long ago, we shared this planet with several other species of human, all of them clever, resourceful and excellent hunters…"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Those species included Homo erectus, the Neanderthals and Homo sapiens (that's us folks).

So, when a kind-hearted and generous Homo erectus died or a diligent and charitable Neanderthal died, were they allowed into Heaven or not?

If not, then God would have been discriminating against certain humans based on their sub-species and it's only a short hop from discrimination based on sub-species to discrimination based on ethnicity.

You have your contexts ALL muddled up.. IF the Bible is true and there IS a heaven etc then there is NO evolution; watch some Hovind.. educate yourself.
The Cross.. the Cross.