Will the world end in 2012?

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 11:20:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/1/2011 10:40:19 PM, Minuteman wrote:
Tell me, whats your opinion? Myth or fact?

Reply: I feel that something significant may happen around 2012. I don't think the world will end though.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:08:44 AM
At 7/1/2011 11:20:02 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: I feel that something significant may happen around 2012. I don't think the world will end though.

Why do you believe that? There's always a chance that something significant may happen. Other than the election and other events that we already know about, I see no reason to believe that 2012 will be special.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 2:02:59 AM
Nostradamus said (supposedly, this is second hand info I'm repeating) that we would have a woman presedent when the world ends.

2012, looking a lot more like times are leading to a woman president next.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 2:27:26 AM
At 7/2/2011 2:02:59 AM, Marauder wrote:
Nostradamus said (supposedly, this is second hand info I'm repeating) that we would have a woman presedent when the world ends.

No he didn't.

And no one of any value predicted the end of the world in 2012. Case closed.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 2:58:27 PM
At 7/2/2011 1:08:44 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:

Why do you believe that? There's always a chance that something significant may happen. Other than the election and other events that we already know about, I see no reason to believe that 2012 will be special.

Reply: I believe there is a high probability that something out of the ordinary on a global scale, may take place around 2012-2013. This is because of the position our solar system is taking in the galaxy around this time, and how this may effect conditions on our planet earth.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 5:48:13 PM
At 7/1/2011 11:16:08 PM, GMDebater wrote:
myth...unless justin bieber and rebecxa black do a duet in 2012

Fun fact, Rebecca Black has an album to be released on Decembe 21st 2012.

The day the world ends.

A friday.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 5:56:26 PM
At 7/2/2011 2:58:27 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: I believe there is a high probability that something out of the ordinary on a global scale, may take place around 2012-2013. This is because of the position our solar system is taking in the galaxy around this time, and how this may effect conditions on our planet earth.

What the fvck does the allignment of the planets have to do with weird sh1t happening?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:05:40 PM
Absolutely nothing.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:39:33 PM
At 7/2/2011 5:56:26 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 7/2/2011 2:58:27 PM, Tiel wrote:

What the fvck does the allignment of the planets have to do with weird sh1t happening?

Reply: Well, it's not an alignment of planets. I would recommend doing some quick personal research on the subject. This way you can better understand the science behind it from sources that you personally choose, There is a lot of information throughout the internet on the subject.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:50:24 PM
I've yet to find reliably conclusive or convincing evidence predicting any special event in 2012.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 11:51:45 PM
At 7/2/2011 2:27:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No he didn't.

(first Koopin leaves, now Narcy is back, this week sucks for DDO)

guess I just don't remember who I was told said something about a woman leading us in the end of days, I do hear a prophecy about that refereed to often enough that there must be one like that from something commonly look to on end of days stuff. mabye the guy that predicted the names of all the popes for the future and that the anti-christ would be the last? cant think of his name right now.

or edgar casey.

out of curiosity who are what do you consider to be of value in prophetic stuff? remember answering this would not be an admission of believing any of there prophecies or even in prophecies, just "if I believed in prophecies and that some of them are real, then the real ones would probably come from this guy/book because he/she/it is extremely/moderately well vetted"
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 12:00:22 AM
At 7/2/2011 9:25:16 AM, Minuteman wrote:
Marauder. That is not in God's word. Nostradamus is but a false prophet. Beware!

the word of god says in pauls epistles to the churches to judge a prophet by his prophecies and if they come to pass.

now I'm not informed enough on what all his prophecies were or how they turned out to make a decision to believe he was a true prophet (cause I dont care enough to look into it that deep, I'm only mildly interested in this stuff) but from all the supposed prophets out there in history he's among the most apologetically defended, so his prophecies must stand out as at least close to being accurate in a greater since than other prophets have.

whats your stance on Edgar Casey, is he a false prophet in your view too? he's another high profile profit in history with a lot of stuff that turned out true.

I think he placed the end of the world 2012 too, but he detailed it to be characterized by the planets polar axis reversing.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:18:26 AM
At 7/2/2011 11:51:45 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 7/2/2011 2:27:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No he didn't.

(first Koopin leaves, now Narcy is back, this week sucks for DDO)

As a DDO Aristocract it was wrong of me to leave.

guess I just don't remember who I was told said something about a woman leading us in the end of days, I do hear a prophecy about that refereed to often enough that there must be one like that from something commonly look to on end of days stuff. mabye the guy that predicted the names of all the popes for the future and that the anti-christ would be the last? cant think of his name right now.

Nostradamus wrote crap, vague back to front french poety most probably under the influence of drugs. He can never be wrong, once one interpretation of his gibberish passes without evidence some other fraudster rights another book with other nonsense to be swallowed up by idiots such as yourself. According to Nostradamus... or one such book on him... the third world war should be well in progress, the Pope should be a refugee and Russia should be occupation of Britain. As for the guy who had predictions for all the Popes... according to one interpretation we have already passed beyond his list.

But none of this will get through to you with your contempt for science or history.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:33:28 AM
No one hears much about all the failed predictions of Cayce, Nostradums, the bible, etc, but they are plentiful. And there is no Mayan doomsday prophecy. It's nothing more than the same exact hysteria we've heard concerning all the other failed doomsday prophecies that have come and gone unfulfilled.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:41:36 AM
i'm with tommy tiernan anyway..
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!