Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is Christianity the greatest of them all ?

interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 10:22:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today we are going to talk about religion.
Yes, I know that this can be a very sensitive subject for some. But it is what it
is. And we are going to set the record straight here today. I say my religion is
better than yours. And you say that yours is better than mine. But does it
really matter what name or group we associate ourselves with in this day
and age. You have a lot of Christians and Muslims fighting it out as we speak.
And you wonder when will it all end. Perhaps never. But let us be honest.
The Christian religion is one of the greatest of all time. It is said to be the most influential one of them all. But why ? Do you know the answer to this question. It is truly amazing
wouldnt you say.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 10:38:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bieber. What about the Muslims, and the Jews. Dont they have God on their
side too. I think we should try to be a little bit more inclusive when we
are speaking about this kind of issue.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 10:50:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bieber. We let us look at how it is organized. Let us look at the history, the
people, the social influence. The dynamics, the resilience, the foundation of this
extraordinary institution. It is colorful, charismatic, and is has much charm.
And there is a good side and a bad side to all things under the sun.
There are some respected people in Christianity as well as those who are
greatly despised. Everywhere you go here in the United States, you see
many churches all over the place. You have Bibles on ever corner of the globe.
You have preachers and teachers. You have the spoken Word. Love Ye One
Another. That is a Biblical verse greatly associated with Christianity. It is about
love. It is a movement. It is a teacher and leader. Christianity is as loved as it
is hated. But once again, it is about influence. And there is a certain sense
of security and peace you get when you are in the House Of God. That is
a feeling not always found in other domains.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 11:05:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
For a Christian, Christianity is solely about your relationship with God. To speak of Christianity being influential or some such is at best of academic interest, at worst it is corrupting your faith into an anti-christian tribal pile of nonsense.

Not that I care.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 11:14:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral. That is a very interesting point of view. But you are a secularist so it
is quite easy for you to put a label on this. But anyway, I do not agree with
that notion. I think it deserves some praise, as it is the one true religion that preaches salvation over everything else. And it gives you the basic fundamentals about the Gospel of Paul and John The Baptist. This man was not conceived
in a natural way. He was created by the Hands Of God. As he was considered to
be given to the womb of a barren woman. So he was chosen. And for any other
religion to question his words, I question them. Are they really for God, or
against Him ? And we know that it is real simply by the influence of Gods Word.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 11:26:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 11:14:41 AM, interrogator wrote:
Cerebral. That is a very interesting point of view. But you are a secularist so it
is quite easy for you to put a label on this. But anyway, I do not agree with
that notion. I think it deserves some praise, as it is the one true religion that preaches salvation over everything else. And it gives you the basic fundamentals about the Gospel of Paul and John The Baptist. This man was not conceived
in a natural way. He was created by the Hands Of God. As he was considered to
be given to the womb of a barren woman. So he was chosen. And for any other
religion to question his words, I question them. Are they really for God, or
against Him ? And we know that it is real simply by the influence of Gods Word.

Allow me to explain, you believe in objective spiritual facts right? You believe that Jesus died for our sins right?

It is those beliefs and only those beliefs which hold any value to you.

Christianity, the religion is however irrespective of that simply a tribal and social construct. It's success is only relevant if you claim that it is because it is objectively true. You should be exalting the God, not the Church.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 11:46:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral. Well you must take pride in your religion. And us Christians often
do. We only make a case when someone challenges or insult our insitution.
It is not something to brag about in a casual manner or exalt in an idol like
way. But we must give credit to where it is due. Be it a social construct or not.
It is necessary that we as individuals give approval and an explanation as to
WHY we are and what we are. And I just gave you that reason. Christianity
is the only religion that places special emphasis on salvation and eternal life.
That is the single most important element of all religions combined.
That value of life. Jesus died so that He could give us just that. <
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:08:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 11:46:44 AM, interrogator wrote:
Cerebral. Well you must take pride in your religion.

Not if you are a Christian no.

And us Christians often
do. We only make a case when someone challenges or insult our insitution.
It is not something to brag about in a casual manner or exalt in an idol like
way. But we must give credit to where it is due. Be it a social construct or not.
It is necessary that we as individuals give approval and an explanation as to
WHY we are and what we are. And I just gave you that reason. Christianity
is the only religion that places special emphasis on salvation and eternal life.
That is the single most important element of all religions combined.
That value of life. Jesus died so that He could give us just that. <

You don't understand anything at all do you?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:33:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral. Yes, I get what you are saying. But if Christians didnt take pride in
their religion...........You wouldnt see us being persecuted for our way of life
and how we view God overall. This thing is deep man. It goes beyond
what you see here.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:59:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 11:05:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
For a Christian, Christianity is solely about your relationship with God.

Utter nonsense. I suppose the Bible never said anything about preaching the Gospel to the four corners of the earth did it. Or obeying the laws laid down in the Bible.

To speak of Christianity being influential or some such is at best of academic interest, at worst it is corrupting your faith into an anti-christian tribal pile of nonsense.

Christianity doesn't have influence over politics, architecture, music, education, and the lives of everyone who lives in a Christian society?

Wow, you've completely lost it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. It is widely celebrated even in the secular world. This is true. Why do you
think this war is still going on overseas ? Why do you think that 9/11 is still
such an important issue. Why do you think that these Christian televangelists
have such a big influence all around the world. Christianity has the most members
and again it goes back to the basic fundamental teachings and the Gospel of
Paul and John.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:07:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No, Christianity is not the greatest. That would be reserved for Buddhism. As the Buddha proclaimed:

the Buddha: "Preach it, make it known, establish it, open it, minutely explain it, an make it clear-until they, when others start vain doctrines, shall be able to vanquish and refute them, and so to spread the wonderworking truth abroad. I shall not die until the pure religion of truth shall have become successful, prosperous, widespread and popular in all its full extent-until, in a word, it shall have been well proclaimed among men!" [Mahaparinibanna Sutta]

Buddhism is the only religion respected by scientists and psychologists especially because it has a tangible application and its tenets can be studied and examined without faith.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:10:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:04:03 PM, interrogator wrote:
Geo. It is widely celebrated even in the secular world. This is true. Why do you
think this war is still going on overseas ? Why do you think that 9/11 is still
such an important issue. Why do you think that these Christian televangelists
have such a big influence all around the world. Christianity has the most members
and again it goes back to the basic fundamental teachings and the Gospel of
Paul and John.

When did I ever disagree with that? I was the one telling Cerebral that Christianity DOES have great influence in the world.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:14:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Buddha. No, no my friend. China may have a larger number of people in general.
But worldwide Christianity is the most revered. And they have the members to
prove it. Not to mention the money. I am not saying that they are all true
followers of Christ. I am going by the influence here. They are in Africa, India,
Asia, and even in Iraq. They are spreading the Word Of God in places that hate
Christianity more than ever. In spite of the backlash, Gods people have prevailed.
Buddha is just a wannabe alternative. It goes far from the basic fundamental
teachings of Christ. And it uses a man made idol to be as its protector. Dont be ridiculous
my friend.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:15:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Buddha. No, no my friend. China may have a larger number of people in general.
But worldwide Christianity is the most revered. And they have the members to
prove it. Not to mention the money. I am not saying that they are all true
followers of Christ. I am going by the influence here. They are in Africa, India,
Asia, and even in Iraq. They are spreading the Word Of God in places that hate
Christianity more than ever. In spite of the backlash, God's people have prevailed.
Buddha is just a wannabe alternative. It goes far from the basic fundamental
teachings of Christ. It lacks universal appeal. And it uses a man made idol to be as its protector. Dont be ridiculous
my friend.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:34:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:14:22 PM, interrogator wrote:
Buddha. No, no my friend. China may have a larger number of people in general.
But worldwide Christianity is the most revered. And they have the members to
prove it. Not to mention the money. I am not saying that they are all true
followers of Christ. I am going by the influence here. They are in Africa, India,
Asia, and even in Iraq.

Buddhism is also widespread in India, China, the U.S., Japan, South Korea, and even Europe.

And thanks to the Dalai Lama, perhaps the most unanimously respected and revered religious leader, has helped make Buddhism become a nearly unanimously respected religion.

While Christianity has more followers, it also has a greater sized opposition. Despite not everyone being a Buddhist, nearly everyone around the world respects Buddhism due to the conduct of it's followers, the tranquility of it's philosophy, and it's positive stigma as a less dogmatic and non-superstitious religion. Hence why scientists, psychologists, and philosophers aren't ashamed to praise it.

They are spreading the Word Of God in places that hate
Christianity more than ever. In spite of the backlash, Gods people have prevailed.

And Buddhism managed to prevail with minimal backlash.

Buddha is just a wannabe alternative.

The Buddha lived and taught 500 years before Jesus was even born. Jesus is the one who was influenced by some of Buddhas teachings such as the Golden Rule and the message of compassion.

It goes far from the basic fundamental
teachings of Christ.

Indeed it does. Buddhas philosophy is superior.

And it uses a man made idol to be as its protector. Dont be ridiculous
my friend.

A man made protector? The Buddha isn't a man made idol, the Buddha himself is a man who lived 2,500 years ago. The Buddha has qualities greater than what Jesus had.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:36:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 1:59:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/5/2011 11:05:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
For a Christian, Christianity is solely about your relationship with God.

Utter nonsense. I suppose the Bible never said anything about preaching the Gospel to the four corners of the earth did it. Or obeying the laws laid down in the Bible.


lrn2rlgn

To speak of Christianity being influential or some such is at best of academic interest, at worst it is corrupting your faith into an anti-christian tribal pile of nonsense.

Christianity doesn't have influence over politics, architecture, music, education, and the lives of everyone who lives in a Christian society?

Wow, you've completely lost it.

Wow... you are replying to posts that exist only in your tiny little mind.

Fvck off troll.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:37:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:10:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/5/2011 2:04:03 PM, interrogator wrote:
Geo. It is widely celebrated even in the secular world. This is true. Why do you
think this war is still going on overseas ? Why do you think that 9/11 is still
such an important issue. Why do you think that these Christian televangelists
have such a big influence all around the world. Christianity has the most members
and again it goes back to the basic fundamental teachings and the Gospel of
Paul and John.

When did I ever disagree with that? I was the one telling Cerebral that Christianity DOES have great influence in the world.

Did I ever claim that it did not?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:40:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. People in primitive countries have come to known Christianty as the only
religion that goes by the teachings of Paul and John. You must understand
my friend, that John The Baptist was conceived by the Power of God. He was
not bought here by natural conception. But Buddha was. And this man is
idolized by many of his followers, which is an abominationn to God.
Jesus is The Son Of God. He is also a being created out of divine intervention. How can Buddha, a spiritual leader who gave us
secular doctrine, be considered greater than Jesus. It is impossible.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:43:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And please do not forget about the ceremonies on Easter Day. Which is the definitive and representation of pure Holiness. It trumps anything
that Buddha or Buddhism can muster any day.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:49:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:40:49 PM, interrogator wrote:
Geo. People in primitive countries have come to known Christianty as the only
religion that goes by the teachings of Paul and John. You must understand
my friend, that John The Baptist was conceived by the Power of God. He was
not bought here by natural conception. But Buddha was. And this man is
idolized by many of his followers, which is an abominationn to God.
Jesus is The Son Of God. He is also a being created out of divine intervention. How can Buddha, a spiritual leader who gave us
secular doctrine, be considered greater than Jesus. It is impossible.

Are you trolling or are you really this thick?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:50:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:36:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/5/2011 1:59:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/5/2011 11:05:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
For a Christian, Christianity is solely about your relationship with God.

Utter nonsense. I suppose the Bible never said anything about preaching the Gospel to the four corners of the earth did it. Or obeying the laws laid down in the Bible.


lrn2rlgn

This response is substantially lacking in substance. It fails to refute my argument.

To speak of Christianity being influential or some such is at best of academic interest, at worst it is corrupting your faith into an anti-christian tribal pile of nonsense.

Christianity doesn't have influence over politics, architecture, music, education, and the lives of everyone who lives in a Christian society?

Wow, you've completely lost it.

Wow... you are replying to posts that exist only in your tiny little mind.

Posts have implications. You first stated that Christianity is just a relationship between the follower and God and then stated that speaking of Christianity having influence is for only academic interest. This seems to imply that you can only speak of Christianity having influence in a superficial way and that it's only about a personal relationship.

If that's not what you meant, then obviously my points don't apply. Big deal.

Fvck off troll.

I don't exhibit qualities of a troll nor does anyone else here see a reasonable justification for labelling me a troll.

Seems you just have an emptional opposition to me.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:53:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral Nincompoop. Not trolling here. I am having a sincere discussion.
You dont have to agree with me. Just sit back and watch. By the way.
She doesnt like the way you kiss. =)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:56:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:50:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/5/2011 2:36:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/5/2011 1:59:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/5/2011 11:05:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
For a Christian, Christianity is solely about your relationship with God.

Utter nonsense. I suppose the Bible never said anything about preaching the Gospel to the four corners of the earth did it. Or obeying the laws laid down in the Bible.


lrn2rlgn

This response is substantially lacking in substance. It fails to refute my argument.

You did not have one, you were just whining about the chip on your shoulder.


To speak of Christianity being influential or some such is at best of academic interest, at worst it is corrupting your faith into an anti-christian tribal pile of nonsense.

Christianity doesn't have influence over politics, architecture, music, education, and the lives of everyone who lives in a Christian society?

Wow, you've completely lost it.

Wow... you are replying to posts that exist only in your tiny little mind.

Posts have implications. You first stated that Christianity is just a relationship between the follower and God

Primarily it is, no other aspect has any value. You can't argue with that.

and then stated that speaking of Christianity having influence is for only academic interest. This seems to imply that you can only speak of Christianity having influence in a superficial way and that it's only about a personal relationship.

You don't seem to understand what academic interest means.


If that's not what you meant, then obviously my points don't apply. Big deal.


Learn to fvcking read.

Fvck off troll.

I don't exhibit qualities of a troll nor does anyone else here see a reasonable justification for labelling me a troll.

Seems you just have an emptional opposition to me.

Seriously, you attack me with a complete BS strawman and I am the one with the problem. You are pathetic, I am not sorry I call you out on your crap, and I am not sorry I humiliate you. Now go away and cry you spineless piece of crap.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:57:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:53:59 PM, interrogator wrote:
Cerebral Nincompoop. Not trolling here. I am having a sincere discussion.
You dont have to agree with me. Just sit back and watch. By the way.
She doesnt like the way you kiss. =)

I am allowed to respond to Geo's childish vendetta... it amuses me. It need not concern you.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:58:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/5/2011 2:43:30 PM, interrogator wrote:
And please do not forget about the ceremonies on Easter Day. Which is the definitive and representation of pure Holiness. It trumps anything
that Buddha or Buddhism can muster any day.

Is this holiness an objective value? What if I find someone rutting on a blood stained satanic altar to be the very epitome of holiness?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:59:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Geo. There is no lack in substance other than your brain. I see you too have
been brainwashed by the iron fist of secularism. I can gurantee you that this
world will never see Buddha the way it sees Christianity. It goes back to this
historical content and the present day status. It has more members. Why >
Because people are drawn to truth. They do not want a part of the truth.
And it does not have to be dogmatic by nature. It is traditional and universal
all at the same time. The Word Of God is timeless and can not be dated.
It correlates with the current society that you see here today.
It is forever. And there are no idolatry to be seen here.
Asians are considered to be atheists anyway, and are dwellers in a communist country. They dont believe in our Constitution, and they do not participate in
freedom of religion. So your argument fails bigtime. Try again and next time
leave the Buddha statue at home.