Jump to topic:

Gnostic Christianity

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 11:08:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Topic: I would like to hear what Christians think about this.

http://www.darnellworks.com...

"True" Gnostic Christianity is an objective body of knowledge that Jesus taught. It is not a mystery religion or heretical cult. Gnostic Christianity teaches a non-judgemental "process" of reasoning. This new process, is justified by a natural principle that Jesus revealed and contemporary physics demonstrates is a scientific fact. Combining non- judgemental reasoning with the current judgemental process, expands our consciousness of reality. In this enlightened consciousness we are personally empowered to resolve all problems and as Paul said "live the good life as from the beginning He [God] had meant us to live it." (Eph 2:10)

Evidence that Jesus taught a process of reasoning that could expand consciousness surfaces in Jn 8:31-32 jbv, where he says, "If you make my word your home… you will learn the truth and the truth will set you free [word or will of God is the English translation of the Greek term logos, which refers to the logic or reasoning of God]." And in Rm 12:2 (rsv) Paul said "do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..."

The Gnosis, or reasoning process, that Gnostic Christianity introduces, does not contradict Jesus' spiritually-centered public teachings. It documents what scholars refer to as Jesus' oral or logos/logic tradition, which he taught in private (Mk 4:33-34). These teachings elevate our reasoning mind to that of the will/reasoning of God. In this renewed mind, our reasoning supports spiritual values. This is the truth that can set us free. For when mind and spirit seek the same ends (syzygy) doing "on earth as it is in heaven" will no longer be an idealistic goal, it will be a practical reality. (Matt 6:10)
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:31:22 AM
At 7/14/2011 11:08:43 PM, Tiel wrote:

"True" Gnostic Christianity

Mistake one... there are many variants upon Gnostic Christianty.

is an objective body of knowledge that Jesus taught. It is not a mystery religion or heretical cult.

Jesus at no point taught Gnosticism. If he had done so Christianity might have made some sense... well apart from the son of God stuff.

Gnostic Christianity teaches a non-judgemental "process" of reasoning.

No it doesn't.

This new process, is justified by a natural principle that Jesus revealed and contemporary physics demonstrates is a scientific fact. Combining non- judgemental reasoning with the current judgemental process, expands our consciousness of reality. In this enlightened consciousness we are personally empowered to resolve all problems and as Paul said "live the good life as from the beginning He [God] had meant us to live it." (Eph 2:10)

Gibberish.

Evidence that Jesus taught a process of reasoning that could expand consciousness surfaces in Jn 8:31-32 jbv, where he says, "If you make my word your home… you will learn the truth and the truth will set you free [word or will of God is the English translation of the Greek term logos, which refers to the logic or reasoning of God]." And in Rm 12:2 (rsv) Paul said "do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind..."

The Gnosis, or reasoning process, that Gnostic Christianity introduces, does not contradict Jesus' spiritually-centered public teachings. It documents what scholars refer to as Jesus' oral or logos/logic tradition, which he taught in private (Mk 4:33-34). These teachings elevate our reasoning mind to that of the will/reasoning of God. In this renewed mind, our reasoning supports spiritual values. This is the truth that can set us free. For when mind and spirit seek the same ends (syzygy) doing "on earth as it is in heaven" will no longer be an idealistic goal, it will be a practical reality. (Matt 6:10)

Gnostics would never use that term.

You can join Zetsubou in the club called "don't know what the fvck Gnosticism is, but I'll still whittle on about it".
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 4:12:36 AM
At 7/15/2011 1:31:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

"True" Gnostic Christianity

Mistake one... there are many variants upon Gnostic Christianty.

is an objective body of knowledge that Jesus taught. It is not a mystery religion or heretical cult.

Jesus at no point taught Gnosticism. If he had done so Christianity might have made some sense... well apart from the son of God stuff.

Gnostic Christianity teaches a non-judgemental "process" of reasoning.

No it doesn't.

This new process, is justified by a natural principle that Jesus revealed and contemporary physics demonstrates is a scientific fact. Combining non- judgemental reasoning with the current judgemental process, expands our consciousness of reality. In this enlightened consciousness we are personally empowered to resolve all problems and as Paul said "live the good life as from the beginning He [God] had meant us to live it." (Eph 2:10)

Gibberish.

Gnostics would never use that term.

You can join Zetsubou in the club called "don't know what the fvck Gnosticism is, but I'll still whittle on about it".

Reply: I am not Christian, but I have done muchresearch on ancient teachers such as Jesus. It is true that many of Jesus's teachings were twisted or condemned by rome in the 4th century AD. Dring that time, Rome rewrote Christianty and the teachings were lost. People claim that 2 gospels of such teachings have been recovered (The Gospel of Thomas and a gospel of Q), but I have not yet researched the subject deep enough to give a solid opinion.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 4:16:55 AM
Note: I am not a Christian. I am a mystic. I view Jesus only as a human spiritual teacher from semi-ancient times, nothing more. This is how I view many figures in other religious texts as well.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 5:12:33 AM

"True" Gnostic Christianity is an objective body of knowledge that Jesus taught. It is not a mystery religion or heretical cult. Gnostic Christianity teaches a non-judgemental "process" of reasoning. This new process, is justified by a natural principle that Jesus revealed and contemporary physics demonstrates is a scientific fact. Combining non- judgemental reasoning with the current judgemental process, expands our consciousness of reality. In this enlightened consciousness we are personally empowered to resolve all problems and as Paul said "live the good life as from the beginning He [God] had meant us to live it." (Eph 2:10)

First and foremost we must define 'judgment':

John 8:15-16
You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Sounds contradictory right? I do not judge but if I do?

Only by HIS spirit can this be understood; by STANDING UNDER it!

The key here is His phrase 'pass judgment'.. He does not CONDEMN anyone but He does DISCERN our state, or as I like to put it; I judge where your at (discernment) NOT where your going.. (condemnation)

we are not to seek knowledge (for it only puffs up) but to desire a RELATIONSHIP with Him.. This is HIS desire; that we may KNOW Him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 6:25:20 AM
At 7/15/2011 5:12:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

First and foremost we must define 'judgment':

John 8:15-16
You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Sounds contradictory right? I do not judge but if I do?

Only by HIS spirit can this be understood; by STANDING UNDER it!

The key here is His phrase 'pass judgment'.. He does not CONDEMN anyone but He does DISCERN our state, or as I like to put it; I judge where your at (discernment) NOT where your going.. (condemnation)

we are not to seek knowledge (for it only puffs up) but to desire a RELATIONSHIP with Him.. This is HIS desire; that we may KNOW Him.

Reply: I can see that you are very passionate about your spiritual beliefs. I can appreciate that, even though our beliefs are not aligned. Thank you for your passionate response.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 7:40:29 AM
I did a debate on Gnosticism demonstrating that Gnosticism is the earliest and true form of Christianity.

http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat