Jump to topic:

Jesus Christ, Joesph, Mary and Family Values

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:15:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So something got me thinking. God decided to impregnate a palenstine virgin about 2000 years ago. But their is a slight problem, Mary was due to be married to Joesph. Now maybe its just me, but there seems to be something a bit rude, a bit uncivil even for a deity moving in on your soon to be virgin wife and impregnating her.

Look at it from Joesph point of view, hey God, I mean seriously out of all the virgin palenstine woman, how about picking one that wasn't due to be married eh ? Ahhh but no, God could do that, but where is the fun in that ? much more fun to impregnate some one else's wife eh ?

God seems to have some interesting idea's when it comes to family values.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:34:31 AM
At 7/19/2011 4:15:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So something got me thinking. God decided to impregnate a palenstine virgin about 2000 years ago. But their is a slight problem, Mary was due to be married to Joesph. Now maybe its just me, but there seems to be something a bit rude, a bit uncivil even for a deity moving in on your soon to be virgin wife and impregnating her.

Look at it from Joesph point of view, hey God, I mean seriously out of all the virgin palenstine woman, how about picking one that wasn't due to be married eh ? Ahhh but no, God could do that, but where is the fun in that ? much more fun to impregnate some one else's wife eh ?

2 Peter 3:3
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:05:44 AM
At 7/19/2011 4:34:31 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Hey, I am not the one impregnating soon to be married virgins, just saying.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:01:38 AM
At 7/19/2011 5:05:44 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Psalm 2:3-6
New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

3 "Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."

4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 "I have installed my King[a]
on Zion, my holy hill."
The Cross.. the Cross.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 10:08:15 AM
I have no problem with such an action.

I would allow God to also such an action upon my family and life.

For the sake of argument if God did exist, he is omni, and he is the greatest moral being...

Two over arching reasons.

1. Everything He does is for the "greatest good". Proven in what Jesus accomplished.
2. I also have come to love what is wholesome and know that what God accomplished was wholesome.

Notice never was she physically raped or impregnated in some unwholesome way. God just fiddled with the wiring. Our bodies are mere machines. A really cool design but a design nonetheless.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 10:14:36 AM
Look at it from Joesph point of view:

If you read the gospels it tells you his point of view, which was favorable to having the messiah in his wife's womb.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 5:06:00 AM

You imply sordidness where none exists; only beauty and purity.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 7:06:52 AM
At 7/21/2011 5:06:00 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No what I am implying is hilarity.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 10:22:08 AM
At 7/21/2011 7:06:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

No, you are enjoying hilarity at beauty and puritys EXPENSE: you OWE them.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:38:24 AM
At 7/21/2011 10:22:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

I am not too sure how some one owes an abstraction, but sure ok.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 4:42:14 AM
At 7/22/2011 12:38:24 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 7/21/2011 10:22:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

I am not too sure how some one owes an abstraction, but sure ok.

Not abstractions: PRINCIPLES.
The Cross.. the Cross.