Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bashing Izbo10 isnt Consistent w Christianity

VocMusTcrMaloy
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 12:32:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been on ddo about 3 weeks and have seen lots of negativity toward one ddo member "izbo10". I've even seen a few debates devoted to maligning his character. Then I ran across some of his posts and have realized that izbo10 is an atheist who speaks out against Christianity. As a Christian, of course as any other Christian, I find some of his remarks offensive; however, that is no excuse for bashing him. Let me remind my fellow Christians of the words of Jesus:

Matthew 5:9-11
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness'sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:21-24

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Matthew 5:38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:43-44

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Are you attempting to lead izbo10 to Christ or to drive him away?
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 12:43:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Voc. Izbo must learn to humble himself on his own merits. He knows what is required of him as far as The Word Of God is concerned. But this is not a pulpit
my friend. This is DDO. I hope you realize you are fighting a useless war here when it comes to helping lost souls on this secular plagued forum.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 1:06:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My point in this thread is that while we "speak the truth" we are consistent to our values. "Witness" (contrary to what many Christians believe) is a NOUN, not a VERB! We must BE witnesses (Acts 1:8). We can't change people, but at least we can be consistent examples of Christianity.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 1:12:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Voc. If that is the case, then BE a witness. God will not judge you if you fail to win
a lost soul here at Debate.org. I cannot blame or accuse you for trying.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:32:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.

I have no reason to believe in God. That isn't pride, it's just reason. I can't choose to believe something that I don't believe.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 3:57:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 3:32:05 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.

I have no reason to believe in God. That isn't pride, it's just reason. I can't choose to believe something that I don't believe.

Of course you have reason to believe in Him. You are judging his existence based on
sight alone. But have you ever asked yourself, how can so many humans here on Earth believe in a Being that that have not yet seen. Do you ever wonder about
that Pozzo ? I am sure our reason is much more complex and detailed than you
give credit to. Why would we go by your skepticism alone which in turn is FAR more
baffling than the latter.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:04:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 3:57:20 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:32:05 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.

I have no reason to believe in God. That isn't pride, it's just reason. I can't choose to believe something that I don't believe.

Of course you have reason to believe in Him. You are judging his existence based on
sight alone. But have you ever asked yourself, how can so many humans here on Earth believe in a Being that that have not yet seen. Do you ever wonder about
that Pozzo ? I am sure our reason is much more complex and detailed than you
give credit to. Why would we go by your skepticism alone which in turn is FAR more
baffling than the latter.

No, I'm basing it on every experience and thought I've ever had. There is simply no reason to believe in God. When I look at the world and wonder how/why, there is no reason to think "it was an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, all-loving, compassionate (yet somehow vengeful and jealous) being". Christianity is, for me, a non sequitur.

I wonder, but I never reach a satisfying conclusion.

Explain your wonderful reason then.

It isn't baffling at all. It's the logical position.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:16:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:04:13 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:57:20 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:32:05 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.

I have no reason to believe in God. That isn't pride, it's just reason. I can't choose to believe something that I don't believe.

Of course you have reason to believe in Him. You are judging his existence based on
sight alone. But have you ever asked yourself, how can so many humans here on Earth believe in a Being that that have not yet seen. Do you ever wonder about
that Pozzo ? I am sure our reason is much more complex and detailed than you
give credit to. Why would we go by your skepticism alone which in turn is FAR more
baffling than the latter.

No, I'm basing it on every experience and thought I've ever had. There is simply no reason to believe in God. When I look at the world and wonder how/why, there is no reason to think "it was an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, all-loving, compassionate (yet somehow vengeful and jealous) being". Christianity is, for me, a non sequitur.

I wonder, but I never reach a satisfying conclusion.

Explain your wonderful reason then.

It isn't baffling at all. It's the logical position.

Pozzo. The only logic here is that YOU cannot comprehend such a thing.
We look at individuals like you as being stoic and distant.
Your view of the world is too narrow and contrary.
How can this be you ask ?
That is because anything is possible. You Atheists think that you are so intelligent, yet you get hung by your own secular minds. <
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:17:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Don't post the same topic twice in two different forums, please.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:35:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:16:26 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 4:04:13 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:57:20 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 3:32:05 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:51:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:47:08 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
So, are Christians supposed to treat people one way at church and another way on ddo?

Actually it is ok for us to be human. Abstractness is welcomed here always.
That means you can speak the truth, but do not necessarily have to convince
people who are infinitely bounded by their convictions. The majority of these idiots
know that they are wrong about being a nonbeliever in the back of their minds.
However, they will not give in because of pride. This is the weapon that is used
methodically by the enemy. God will have the final say when that time comes. Do not
worry yourself over these things.

I have no reason to believe in God. That isn't pride, it's just reason. I can't choose to believe something that I don't believe.

Of course you have reason to believe in Him. You are judging his existence based on
sight alone. But have you ever asked yourself, how can so many humans here on Earth believe in a Being that that have not yet seen. Do you ever wonder about
that Pozzo ? I am sure our reason is much more complex and detailed than you
give credit to. Why would we go by your skepticism alone which in turn is FAR more
baffling than the latter.

No, I'm basing it on every experience and thought I've ever had. There is simply no reason to believe in God. When I look at the world and wonder how/why, there is no reason to think "it was an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, all-loving, compassionate (yet somehow vengeful and jealous) being". Christianity is, for me, a non sequitur.

I wonder, but I never reach a satisfying conclusion.

Explain your wonderful reason then.

It isn't baffling at all. It's the logical position.

Pozzo. The only logic here is that YOU cannot comprehend such a thing.

I can comprehend it. I have no reason to believe it though.

We look at individuals like you as being stoic and distant.

Compliments, where I'm from.

Your view of the world is too narrow and contrary.

I prefer systems that describe reality as closely as possible, rather than awarding points to the most outlandish explanation.

How can this be you ask ?
That is because anything is possible. You Atheists think that you are so intelligent, yet you get hung by your own secular minds. <

I could replace your god with a dog called George, and your rules with a series of completely anti-thetical laws. My system would be as valid as Christianity.
You use secular like an insult. It isn't.
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:44:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Pozzo. I did not mean for secular to be an insult. You are an outcast as it is.
You say you have reason but you dont. Well then that is your problem.
You have to deal with the consequences in the end.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:47:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:44:33 PM, inferno wrote:
Pozzo. I did not mean for secular to be an insult. You are an outcast as it is.
You say you have reason but you dont. Well then that is your problem.
You have to deal with the consequences in the end.

An outcast? Do tell.
There will be no consequences. I bet you my hat, good sir.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:47:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:46:21 PM, inferno wrote:
And no. Your system would not be as valid as Christianity.
The world has a name for your idiotic idea.
It is called a cartoon. <

And why exactly is your system more valid?
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:55:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Because it has depth, substance, and quality.
And those who follow this system can testify to that.
I hate to be the latter.
I mean, an Atheist. =)
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 4:59:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:17:38 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Don't post the same topic twice in two different forums, please.

This. Especially when John 3:16 clearly states that "thou shalt bash Izbo10 and other such individuals which can fall under the category of trolls".
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 5:08:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:55:52 PM, inferno wrote:
Because it has depth, substance, and quality.
And those who follow this system can testify to that.
I hate to be the latter.
I mean, an Atheist. =)

You're missing the point.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 8:39:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 5:11:20 PM, inferno wrote:
Pozzo./ No, I think you are. Lost child o mine.

Becoming a pedophile isn't a good choice of action, Inferno....:(
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
VocMusTcrMaloy
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:19:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 4:17:38 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Don't post the same topic twice in two different forums, please.

After posting in the ddo forum, I realized it would be more appropriate here-that's why I posted twice. Sorry if that bothers you.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 12:32:27 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
I've been on ddo about 3 weeks and have seen lots of negativity toward one ddo member "izbo10". I've even seen a few debates devoted to maligning his character. Then I ran across some of his posts and have realized that izbo10 is an atheist who speaks out against Christianity. As a Christian, of course as any other Christian, I find some of his remarks offensive; however, that is no excuse for bashing him. Let me remind my fellow Christians of the words of Jesus:

Matthew 5:9-11
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness'sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:21-24

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Matthew 5:38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:43-44

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Are you attempting to lead izbo10 to Christ or to drive him away?

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)
The Cross.. the Cross.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 11:07:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/27/2011 12:32:27 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
I've been on ddo about 3 weeks and have seen lots of negativity toward one ddo member "izbo10". I've even seen a few debates devoted to maligning his character. Then I ran across some of his posts and have realized that izbo10 is an atheist who speaks out against Christianity. As a Christian, of course as any other Christian, I find some of his remarks offensive; however, that is no excuse for bashing him. Let me remind my fellow Christians of the words of Jesus:

Matthew 5:9-11
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness'sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:21-24

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Matthew 5:38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:43-44

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Are you attempting to lead izbo10 to Christ or to drive him away?

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Matthew 28:19
Mark 16:15
VocMusTcrMaloy
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Fair enough. I just want our Atheist friends to know that not all Christians approve of those inconsistencies.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:15:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Fair enough. I just want our Atheist friends to know that not all Christians approve of those inconsistencies.

Noted. Most reasonable atheists will try not to generalise anyway. Inductive fallacy and all that.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:21:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Fair enough. I just want our Atheist friends to know that not all Christians approve of those inconsistencies.

I am consistently presented with reports on Izbo, and 99% of the complaints of his posting are justified. He has been abusive and uses language that is inconsistent with the standards of the site owners.

As a Christian, I'm pretty good at offering the other cheek; but as a human being who lives in a civilized society, i never have to put up with abuse, and i don't. A certain level of civility is expected here, and in the interest of good constructive debate it is part of the DDO culture. A well placed and witty insult is welcome here, but clear abuse with language that is outside the ToS is not welcome here.

Furthermore, his intent on voting against theists on any theological debate, simply because of their position and who they are is counter to the values of this site. Voting integrity is one of the main concerns of the serious debaters on this site, and his stated intentions of biased voting is something that should raise an eyebrow of every member, atheist or theist. I'm fairly confident that our most prominent atheists on this site would not consent to that behavior.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:26:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 2:21:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:


As a Christian, I'm pretty good at offering the other cheek; but as a human being who lives in a civilized society, i never have to put up with abuse, and i don't.

Interesting distinction.
VocMusTcrMaloy
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:48:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 2:21:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Fair enough. I just want our Atheist friends to know that not all Christians approve of those inconsistencies.

I am consistently presented with reports on Izbo, and 99% of the complaints of his posting are justified. He has been abusive and uses language that is inconsistent with the standards of the site owners.

As a Christian, I'm pretty good at offering the other cheek; but as a human being who lives in a civilized society, i never have to put up with abuse, and i don't. A certain level of civility is expected here, and in the interest of good constructive debate it is part of the DDO culture. A well placed and witty insult is welcome here, but clear abuse with language that is outside the ToS is not welcome here.

Furthermore, his intent on voting against theists on any theological debate, simply because of their position and who they are is counter to the values of this site. Voting integrity is one of the main concerns of the serious debaters on this site, and his stated intentions of biased voting is something that should raise an eyebrow of every member, atheist or theist. I'm fairly confident that our most prominent atheists on this site would not consent to that behavior.

1. Now I'm not approving of any wrongdoing on izbo's part.

2. Disciplinary action based on rules that each of us agreed to when we signed on is different from individual Christians returning his insults.

3. I believe there's more to izbo's story than what we know on here. He seems to be someone who is in desperate need of compassion.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:52:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 2:48:25 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:21:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:01:17 PM, VocMusTcrMaloy wrote:
At 7/28/2011 10:04:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You worry about YOUR walk and let everyone else worry about theirs.. (unless they ASK your advice)

Fair enough. I just want our Atheist friends to know that not all Christians approve of those inconsistencies.

I am consistently presented with reports on Izbo, and 99% of the complaints of his posting are justified. He has been abusive and uses language that is inconsistent with the standards of the site owners.

As a Christian, I'm pretty good at offering the other cheek; but as a human being who lives in a civilized society, i never have to put up with abuse, and i don't. A certain level of civility is expected here, and in the interest of good constructive debate it is part of the DDO culture. A well placed and witty insult is welcome here, but clear abuse with language that is outside the ToS is not welcome here.

Furthermore, his intent on voting against theists on any theological debate, simply because of their position and who they are is counter to the values of this site. Voting integrity is one of the main concerns of the serious debaters on this site, and his stated intentions of biased voting is something that should raise an eyebrow of every member, atheist or theist. I'm fairly confident that our most prominent atheists on this site would not consent to that behavior.

1. Now I'm not approving of any wrongdoing on izbo's part.

2. Disciplinary action based on rules that each of us agreed to when we signed on is different from individual Christians returning his insults.

3. I believe there's more to izbo's story than what we know on here. He seems to be someone who is in desperate need of compassion.

Although i agree that there's probably more to his story, but as he presents himself at this forum, i only see him as an irritant. I wish him no ill will, but in this context bad behavior merits no praise or encouragement.