Jump to topic:

Atheists see other side for details ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:29:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the Debate.org section. Since we were not allowed to debate there about this.
I was told by officer Innomen that we cannot. Aww, now isnt that sweet.
So let us take our toys here and play in peace and harmony.
But first make sure you read my other thread about Debate.org vs God.
It is very interesting. Comments.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:31:39 PM
You ignore that quite a few atheists (such as myself) started out just as religious as you are.

And please don't start talking about "true christians" or "true irishmen."
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:34:12 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:31:39 PM, Wnope wrote:
You ignore that quite a few atheists (such as myself) started out just as religious as you are.

I was brought up Christian too.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:34:14 PM

The difference is my friend, I am not you. Your logic is batted around like
a ball. This is why noone takes you Atheists seriously. You make fun of
God, and your own logic backfires. If you were so trustworthy and so filled with
proof, then we would not even be having this discussion. But we are.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:34:46 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:34:12 PM, Pozzo wrote:

Pozzo. You should have stayed. It is your fault that you moved. Not your parents.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:35:29 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:34:14 PM, inferno wrote:

God, and your own logic backfires. If you were so trustworthy and so filled with

*sigh*

This is interrogator, isn't it?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:35:56 PM

So, did you read what I wrote?

I was religious. I believed in God. Heck, I was religious AFTER every member of my family (younger siblings included) became atheists.

You invited me into a discussion, and now that I have responded I have shown that I am not trustworthy or "filled with proof?"
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:36:43 PM
Is there any Atheist out there that can give me a real reason as to why us Christians and non Christians alike( giggling like Glen Beck) should not believe.
I am waiting. <-----------------
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:39:05 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:35:56 PM, Wnope wrote:

I was religious. I believed in God. Heck, I was religious AFTER every member of my family (younger siblings included) became atheists.

You invited me into a discussion, and now that I have responded I have shown that I am not trustworthy or "filled with proof?"

Of course not. Im not impressed with your testimony. I can tell you about a group of people who became Christians. But anyway. What would you know anyone >
Youre probably just some Liberal Minded freebirds who never actually trusted God to begin with. And this is in the biggest pagan state in the world. Psss.
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:39:05 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:36:43 PM, inferno wrote:
Is there any Atheist out there that can give me a real reason as to why us Christians and non Christians alike( giggling like Glen Beck) should not believe.

You should have a real reason to, rather than finding reasons not to. If I can't think of a reason not to start killing, should I start the spree now?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:39:27 PM

Well, first, I'd like you to respond to me, since I answered your specific forum question and even went to the debate section to see what you wrote.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:40:10 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:39:05 PM, Pozzo wrote:

You should have a real reason to, rather than finding reasons not to. If I can't think of a reason not to start killing, should I start the spree now?

Pozzo. Why would you want to kill ? Is it because youre not man enough to deal with life as it is ? Or it it because you serve the devil. Which one is it ?
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:40:43 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:34:46 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:34:12 PM, Pozzo wrote:

Pozzo. You should have stayed. It is your fault that you moved. Not your parents.

Damn right.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:40:50 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:39:05 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course not. Im not impressed with your testimony. I can tell you about a group of people who became Christians. But anyway. What would you know anyone >
Youre probably just some Liberal Minded freebirds who never actually trusted God to begin with. And this is in the biggest pagan state in the world. Psss.

So you are stating I wasn't "truly religious."

If I write a thread that replicates yours except replaces "atheist" for "theist" and vice-versa, and you answered that thread, would you have proven you are untrustworthy and not "filled with proof?"
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:40:51 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:39:27 PM, Wnope wrote:

Well, first, I'd like you to respond to me, since I answered your specific forum question and even went to the debate section to see what you wrote.

I did. California dreamer.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:41:41 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:40:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:39:27 PM, Wnope wrote:

I did. California dreamer.

Is that like...a pet name? Or an insult?
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:42:08 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:40:10 PM, inferno wrote:

Pozzo. Why would you want to kill ? Is it because youre not man enough to deal with life as it is ? Or it it because you serve the devil. Which one is it ?

I don't need a reason to kill. I just need a lack of reasons not to. Your logic, not mine.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:42:45 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:40:50 PM, Wnope wrote:

If I write a thread that replicates yours except replaces "atheist" for "theist" and vice-versa, and you answered that thread, would you have proven you are untrustworthy and not "filled with proof?"

Based on your reasons for not believing anymore and your environment.
I would say so. You were not really into it to begin with. I know your kind.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:42:53 PM
There is a whole lot of stupid, a whole lot of pretentiousness, and a whole lot of arrogance on both sides of the fence.

Of course, convincing someone of their own faults is nigh impossible. It is better to concentrate on your own.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:44:01 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:42:08 PM, Pozzo wrote:

I don't need a reason to kill. I just need a lack of reasons not to. Your logic, not mine.

My logic is that I trust God. And the devil is having his way with your mind, body, and soul. Too bad you do not believe in him either. He has much more of an influence.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:45:18 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:42:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is a whole lot of stupid, a whole lot of pretentiousness, and a whole lot of arrogance on both sides of the fence.

Of course, convincing someone of their own faults is nigh impossible. It is better to concentrate on your own.

Cosmic. I would say you are guilty of your own words. To each his own.
The only arrogance is that you will probably deny it.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:45:30 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:42:45 PM, inferno wrote:

I'm not truly religious?

That's unfortunate, because neither are you.

You don't believe in God for valid reasons. You only believe in God so that you can fight with others. Whenever you respond saying you believe in God, that is further proof that your only reason for mentioning him is to fight with others.

Any defense you make for God or against atheists is just an expression of your antagonism towards others.

Thus, you are not truly religious. Just like I wasn't truly religious.
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:45:47 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:44:01 PM, inferno wrote:

My logic is that I trust God. And the devil is having his way with your mind, body, and soul. Too bad you do not believe in him either. He has much more of an influence.

What a great way to avoid the question, and thus the holes in your logic.
Your logic dictates that I should start killing now. Whose belief system is really more dangerous here?
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:46:14 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:45:18 PM, inferno wrote:

Holy cr*p. We agree, inferno.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:47:32 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:45:47 PM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:44:01 PM, inferno wrote:

What a great way to avoid the question, and thus the holes in your logic.
Your logic dictates that I should start killing now. Whose belief system is really more dangerous here?

Pozzo. That is an interpetation from your own logic. Not mine.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:48:47 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:45:30 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:42:45 PM, inferno wrote:

I'm not truly religious?

That's unfortunate, because neither are you.

You don't believe in God for valid reasons. You only believe in God so that you can fight with others. Whenever you respond saying you believe in God, that is further proof that your only reason for mentioning him is to fight with others.

Any defense you make for God or against atheists is just an expression of your antagonism towards others.

Thus, you are not truly religious. Just like I wasn't truly religious.

Wnope. No thats no true. I believe in God because of my experiences.
What experiences do you have with the supernatural if any ?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:50:56 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:48:47 PM, inferno wrote:

See! You're doing it again. You're attacking others and being antagonistic but pretending its "defending God."

In fact, I bet you are the sort of person who would make up a supernatural experience just so others wouldn't realize the only thing motivating your words is pure anger towards the world.

Please, calm down.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:51:04 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:46:14 PM, Pozzo wrote:

If what I am saying is true, why detract from it's truth by attacking the person who said it?

There isn't a man alive who isn't a hypocrite, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Ideas stand on their own, independent of who may have conjured them up.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:53:40 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:50:56 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:48:47 PM, inferno wrote:

See! You're doing it again. You're attacking others and being antagonistic but pretending its "defending God."

In fact, I bet you are the sort of person who would make up a supernatural experience just so others wouldn't realize the only thing motivating your words is pure anger towards the world.

Please, calm down.

Wnope. I wish that were true. But it is not made up. I can take you to places in this world where you WOULD believe that the supernatural exist. I had this happen to a friend once before when we were younger. And he was speechless.
But Yes, I believe in God. Sorry.
Pozzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 2:53:57 PM
At 7/28/2011 2:51:04 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 7/28/2011 2:46:14 PM, Pozzo wrote:

If what I am saying is true, why detract from it's truth by attacking the person who said it?

There isn't a man alive who isn't a hypocrite, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Ideas stand on their own, independent of who may have conjured them up.

You're calling us all stupid, arrogant and pretentious. Ideas stand on their own, but we still debate them. That's basically the point of this site.