Jump to topic:

Why can't you see the other side?

natis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 9:55:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay all I hear is that you will go to heaven if you repent but what is heaven? Also why would we have to live a certain way to get there. Are there not many ways to get to one place? Or is HE just playing with us?
p.o.y.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:44:30 AM
Heaven, like all things pertaining to the spirit, is a concept that explains a certain aspect of how the mind works.

Heaven is a state of mind, and it is not something that you achieve after physical death. It is something you achieve here in this life.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
christisking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 9:44:34 AM
At 8/4/2011 9:55:49 PM, natis wrote:
Okay all I hear is that you will go to heaven if you repent but what is heaven? Also why would we have to live a certain way to get there. Are there not many ways to get to one place? Or is HE just playing with us?

I disagree with Cosmic.

God wanted to make us with the ability to love, and that ability requires that we have free will. This earth exists as a sort of testing ground where we get a chance to exercise that free will God has given us. We can either choose to follow and love God, or we can choose to follow and love ourselves. God will respect your decision either way, that is why you have two possible destinatoins after you die: heaven or hell. If you want to love God, then you can be with God for all eternity; heaven. If you want to love yourself and not God, then you can be separate from God for all eternity; hell. The advantage of heaven is that you can be face to face with the Source of all goodness and happiness for all eternity.

This should be the basics of it anyways. Does that make sense natis?
natis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 12:12:44 PM
At 8/5/2011 9:44:34 AM, christisking wrote:

I disagree with Cosmic.

God wanted to make us with the ability to love, and that ability requires that we have free will. This earth exists as a sort of testing ground where we get a chance to exercise that free will God has given us. We can either choose to follow and love God, or we can choose to follow and love ourselves. God will respect your decision either way, that is why you have two possible destinatoins after you die: heaven or hell. If you want to love God, then you can be with God for all eternity; heaven. If you want to love yourself and not God, then you can be separate from God for all eternity; hell. The advantage of heaven is that you can be face to face with the Source of all goodness and happiness for all eternity.

Not really. for the simple fact that if say you don't love the god you speak of but you have lived good, justice, and helpful you go to hell. So I don't understand the point of heaven if achieved of a state of mind after death that you be with some one you don't love but have been all he require(other than his love) to achieve it.
p.o.y.
natis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 12:13:27 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:44:30 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Heaven, like all things pertaining to the spirit, is a concept that explains a certain aspect of how the mind works.

Heaven is a state of mind, and it is not something that you achieve after physical death. It is something you achieve here in this life.

So your saying is one has to belive he is in heaven to achive it?
p.o.y.
christisking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 9:53:22 AM
At 8/5/2011 12:12:44 PM, natis wrote:
At 8/5/2011 9:44:34 AM, christisking wrote:

I disagree with Cosmic.

Not really. for the simple fact that if say you don't love the god you speak of but you have lived good, justice, and helpful you go to hell. So I don't understand the point of heaven if achieved of a state of mind after death that you be with some one you don't love but have been all he require(other than his love) to achieve it.

To live a good life is to live a life where you are kind and charitable towards others. All men are made in the image and likeness of God, so to be kind and loving to man is to be kind and loving to God. So, even if you have been unfortunate enough to have never been shown that God really exists and that he is lovable, you still have a chance of a making it to heaven.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 10:07:30 AM

Heaven is HOME; where we were CREATED to be.. where we FIT..

Jesus Christ IS the WAY to heaven, the ONLY way.
The Cross.. the Cross.