Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Who is the epitome of Evil, God or Satan?

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 9:40:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago

Though shalt place no one above me. Satan did not as he followed God's instructions with Job. He was firmly under God's control.

Many have jumped through hoops to make anyone other than God the most evil in existence yet scripture says that God gets the Gold star in all categories. Even as the most evil. After all, he is said to have created the concept of law. The Word. All Goods and Evils. The first divisive tool for social manipulation and control.

God is said to have just about all attributes that man has been able to imagine.
God has been reduced to our wish list. Including the creator of an everlasting hell to entertain our more hateful wishes.

God is still ashamed of what he has wrought as in the days of Noah.
Mythical Noah the is. Even after using genocide to reboot his systems. Strange. Another failure. God, if he were real, seems to have two messages for us.
Do as you are told and do not think too much. Hence faith to drive away logic and reason.

As the epitome of Evil, Satan runs a poor second place to God.
Have we put the blame for creations evils on the created, Satan, when it was God, who, as the epitome of Evil, shirked his duty of taking responsibility for what he as God sowed.
That also would mean that Bishop John Spong was right and God is guilty of child abuse by putting the responsibility for his works on Jesus.

Do as I say and not as I do is God's policy.
I also would argue against his policy or rewarding what he calls rebellion. I E. Giving Satan dominion over mankind and rewarding Cain with a kingdom for murder.
Not a good thing for the law maker to do.
Two stains on his Gold star.

Is God the epitome of evil?
Is that the moral lesson of the flood myth?
What does that say of the literalists who follow Noah's God and think that genocide is good justice?

Regards
DL
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:03:57 PM
It's almost an irrelevant question. What matters is whether or not God or Satan exist at all. Their respective good or evil natures are immaterial to this.

The God of the old testament is concerned with obedience, he has no moral values.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:26:35 PM
Satan always was a snazzier dresser.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:31:54 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:03:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's almost an irrelevant question. What matters is whether or not God or Satan exist at all. Their respective good or evil natures are immaterial to this.

The God of the old testament is concerned with obedience, he has no moral values.:

Very true, but I find that prefacing the question as if they do, by using the bible itself, points out the absurdity to those trust in its veracity. If you can make clear case using their own text, people then question the validity of the whole thing.

To answer the OP, I don't see any way possible that God could not totally and irrevocably be complicit in the way things are. If any of it is true, God is most assuredly the very author of evil.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:33:26 PM
http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 11:43:46 PM
God in the bible kills 2.5 million numbered, close to 25 million estimated. He endorses rape,slavery, and child sacrifice.

Satan kills at most 10 in the book of job, and not much more. Hmmm lets see God is to satan as hitler is to mother goose, so other words god is the evil one in the bible.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 7:58:04 AM
Hmmm lets see God is to satan as hitler is to mother goose:

Okay, okay... I lol'd

It's getting sigged.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:58:15 AM
At 8/8/2011 5:31:54 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

The God of the old testament is concerned with obedience, he has no moral values.:

Very true, but I find that prefacing the question as if they do, by using the bible itself, points out the absurdity to those trust in its veracity. If you can make clear case using their own text, people then question the validity of the whole thing.

To answer the OP, I don't see any way possible that God could not totally and irrevocably be complicit in the way things are. If any of it is true, God is most assuredly the very author of evil.

Thanks for understanding why the question is posed and coming up with the right answer.
Hopefully, those who believe in the bible myth will also.

Regards
DL
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:01:30 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:58:15 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Thanks for understanding why the question is posed and coming up with the right answer.

Regards
DL

GreatestIAm. Youre still part of the very minute crowd of Atheists on planet Earth today. Years have passed and still noone takes your logic or anyones elses in your group seriously. It is not as Black and White as it seems. Youre just another self deprecating, delusional, narrow thinking, obsolete, lacking of common sense Atheist. Nothing more.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:04:34 AM
At 8/8/2011 11:58:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Which is more arbitrary, good or evil?

I would say that they are both equally arbitrary.
Ask an S & M person.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:11:07 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:01:30 AM, inferno wrote:

Regards
DL

GreatestIAm. Youre still part of the very minute crowd of Atheists on planet Earth today. Years have passed and still noone takes your logic or anyones elses in your group seriously. It is not as Black and White as it seems. Youre just another self deprecating, delusional, narrow thinking, obsolete, lacking of common sense Atheist. Nothing more.

Thanks but I am not an atheist.
I am a religionist who just happens to not follow an evil God.

Strange though that you would attack my common sense when you are the one believing in fantasy, miracles and magic.

You should also hate your own common sense as your founder said -------

Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Martin Luther

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Martin Luther

You might also question your attitude.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:13:56 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:11:07 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 8/9/2011 11:01:30 AM, inferno wrote:

Regards
DL

Thanks but I am not an atheist.
I am a religionist who just happens to not follow an evil God.

Strange though that you would attack my common sense when you are the one believing in fantasy, miracles and magic.

You should also hate your own common sense as your founder said -------

Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Martin Luther

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Martin Luther

You might also question your attitude.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

Like I said. Atheist.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:26:39 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:24:41 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Good reading skills I see.

Regards
DL

You call yourself a religionist. You sound like a bumbling fool. You have no respect for God or yourself. So it only seems fitting to act like one.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 10:47:32 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:04:34 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Ask an S & M person.

Regards
DL

Then there is the answer to your question as well.

Regards
The Sage of DDO
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:16:29 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:26:39 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/9/2011 11:24:41 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Good reading skills I see.

Regards
DL

You call yourself a religionist. You sound like a bumbling fool. You have no respect for God or yourself. So it only seems fitting to act like one.

Do you respect Hitler or Stalin?

Why should I give respect to your genocidal God?
Fear?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:18:21 AM
At 8/9/2011 10:47:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/9/2011 11:04:34 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Ask an S & M person.

Regards
DL

Then there is the answer to your question as well.

Regards
The Sage of DDO

Exactly.
Only man can judge if from known facts.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:00:49 AM
At 8/8/2011 9:40:19 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Though shalt place no one above me. Satan did not as he followed God's instructions with Job. He was firmly under God's control.

Many have jumped through hoops to make anyone other than God the most evil in existence yet scripture says that God gets the Gold star in all categories. Even as the most evil. After all, he is said to have created the concept of law. The Word. All Goods and Evils. The first divisive tool for social manipulation and control.

God is said to have just about all attributes that man has been able to imagine.
God has been reduced to our wish list. Including the creator of an everlasting hell to entertain our more hateful wishes.

God is still ashamed of what he has wrought as in the days of Noah.
Mythical Noah the is. Even after using genocide to reboot his systems. Strange. Another failure. God, if he were real, seems to have two messages for us.
Do as you are told and do not think too much. Hence faith to drive away logic and reason.

As the epitome of Evil, Satan runs a poor second place to God.
Have we put the blame for creations evils on the created, Satan, when it was God, who, as the epitome of Evil, shirked his duty of taking responsibility for what he as God sowed.
That also would mean that Bishop John Spong was right and God is guilty of child abuse by putting the responsibility for his works on Jesus.

Do as I say and not as I do is God's policy.
I also would argue against his policy or rewarding what he calls rebellion. I E. Giving Satan dominion over mankind and rewarding Cain with a kingdom for murder.
Not a good thing for the law maker to do.
Two stains on his Gold star.

Is God the epitome of evil?
Is that the moral lesson of the flood myth?
What does that say of the literalists who follow Noah's God and think that genocide is good justice?

Regards
DL

I see you've not yet debated formally.. why not?
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 12:57:21 PM
At 8/14/2011 10:00:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

This is the way I like it.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:39:07 AM
At 8/14/2011 12:57:21 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:00:49 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

This is the way I like it.

Regards
DL

So that you can just ignore people can they exceed your limited capabilities, you mean?
The Cross.. the Cross.