Total Posts:491|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Simple moral question that stumps christians!

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:18:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Would a god who stops child rape be better then one who does not?

Now, I know what you christians are thinking, free will. Well guess what god designed us with limits. Like god designed us unable to punch a hole through someones stomach, limiting our free will. So a perfect being should be able to design us not able to rape children.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:34:42 PM
What makes something morally wrong?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:36:49 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:34:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

A combination of things determine morals, doesn't it bother you that you can't just answer this question and have to avoid it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:38:43 PM
God not giving people incredible strength I imagine would be less due to wanting to limit free will and more because, if he gives people great strength, then they're limited by other things like speed and intellect and so on. Eventually god would have to make humans omnipotent which would kind of negate the whole god being above humans.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:40:37 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:38:43 PM, tornshoe92 wrote:
God not giving people incredible strength I imagine would be less due to wanting to limit free will and more because, if he gives people great strength, then they're limited by other things like speed and intellect and so on. Eventually god would have to make humans omnipotent which would kind of negate the whole god being above humans.

Doesn't discount the fact he could have done the same thing for child rape. It is amazing how none of you will answer this question. Truly pathetic and disrespecting child rape victims everywhere.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:45:43 PM
Everyone that avoids the question just further proves my point and shows how self absorbed christians are.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:48:49 PM

Truly have to wonder if the only reason this ahole is not raping child is fear of god?

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:51:16 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:40:37 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Doesn't discount the fact he could have done the same thing for child rape. It is amazing how none of you will answer this question. Truly pathetic and disrespecting child rape victims everywhere.

By "done the same thing" I assume you mean stop it. Since you brought up and didn't properly refute the idea of free will I don't really see a reason to answer your question. You already answered it.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:52:39 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:36:49 PM, izbo10 wrote:

A combination of things determine morals, doesn't it bother you that you can't just answer this question and have to avoid it.

What exactly would the "combination of things" be?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:52:44 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:48:49 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Truly have to wonder if the only reason this ahole is not raping child is fear of god?

You're not very good at this game.

Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:55:00 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:51:16 PM, tornshoe92 wrote:

By "done the same thing" I assume you mean stop it. Since you brought up and didn't properly refute the idea of free will I don't really see a reason to answer your question. You already answered it.

No, you are just too f'n retarded to understand the point, we are limited by design in many aspects. Their is no reason we had to be designed in a way to allow child rape. That totally defeats free will. God had choices I don't have the free will to swim to the bottom of the ocean. I do have free will to rape a child. I say I don't want free will to rape a child. Do you want that? Seriously?

Secondly christianity in itself defeats free will with god answering prayers and helping people, that says he interferes with free will. It is truly fn pathetic that you are sitting arguing god is better for allowing child rape.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:57:13 PM
At 8/9/2011 11:52:44 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

If you want to discuss that make your own topic, but if you don't know that it is morally wrong to rape a child go to a hospital and tell them so and they will set you up nicely with some good doctors. Seriously stop f'n being a moron. This is moral 101, I should not have to hold your hand on why it is wrong to rape a child. Would you want your child raped. If not that is enough reason to know it is wrong. Now stop being a f'n moron.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:58:14 PM
Got to say I predicted the pathetic christians can't even answer a simple moral question.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:01:25 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:57:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:

If you want to discuss that make your own topic, but if you don't know that it is morally wrong to rape a child go to a hospital and tell them so and they will set you up nicely with some good doctors. Seriously stop f'n being a moron. This is moral 101, I should not have to hold your hand on why it is wrong to rape a child. Would you want your child raped. If not that is enough reason to know it is wrong. Now stop being a f'n moron.

What is morality?

What makes something wrong?

If you can't even tell me what morality is, how do you expect to get an answer that is intelligible? Do you assume that everyone has the same understanding of morality?

If you want to be taken seriously, take part in civil discussion. Otherwise, you aren't going to even accomplish what you've set out to do.

Unless you are just looking to piss off a bunch of idiots who get excited over things people say over the internet.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:04:20 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:55:00 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Doesn't discount the fact he could have done the same thing for child rape. It is amazing how none of you will answer this question.

Truly pathetic and disrespecting child rape victims everywhere.

Is there something you want to get off your chest?

No, you are just too f'n retarded to understand the point, we are limited by design in many aspects. Their is no reason we had to be designed in a way to allow child rape. That totally defeats free will. God had choices I don't have the free will to swim to the bottom of the ocean. I do have free will to rape a child. I say I don't want free will to rape a child. Do you want that? Seriously?

What? I'm assuming we should have sex some other way? But then there is more then one way to have sex with someone. Maybe no sexual organs or mouths. Or any orifice. Have you ever heard of screwing someones eyeballs out. SO now no eyeballs. You can masturbate so no hands. How about touching? SO maybe God should have designed us so we can't feel? Running my fingers through someones have could count as sexual abuse. No hair or fingers, oh wait, no hands already.

Secondly christianity in itself defeats free will with god answering prayers and helping people, that says he interferes with free will. It is truly fn pathetic that you are sitting arguing god is better for allowing child rape.

This is the absolute worst argument against God I have ever seen. Bar none. It doesn't even make sense.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:04:37 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:01:25 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 8/9/2011 11:57:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:

What is morality?

What makes something wrong?

If you can't even tell me what morality is, how do you expect to get an answer that is intelligible? Do you assume that everyone has the same understanding of morality?

If you want to be taken seriously, take part in civil discussion. Otherwise, you aren't going to even accomplish what you've set out to do.

Unless you are just looking to piss off a bunch of idiots who get excited over things people say over the internet.

Under your definition of moral answer the question,whether I think child rape is great or terrible makes no difference to what you find moral. Use what you find moral. Now stop with the semantics. This is a very easy question. Again as I said if you don't understand that child rape is wrong, I seriously would suggest you go find a hospital or maybe even police department so they can help you find the help you need. The fact that you are making this retarded argument shows that you are afraid to answer. Even if we have no idea where morals come from does not mean we have no idea what is moral. So stop with the red herring.

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:05:02 AM

Where did I say that god is better for allowing child rape? Better and worse (in this context) are subjective ideas and determined based on a person's point of view. A vast majority of people would agree that they hate child rape and many would also agree that it's inherently immoral. However for those that don't agree that objective morality exists, they don't see child rape as morally worse than not raping a child.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:08:29 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:04:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Under your definition of moral answer the question,whether I think child rape is great or terrible makes no difference to what you find moral. Use what you find moral. Now stop with the semantics. This is a very easy question. Again as I said if you don't understand that child rape is wrong, I seriously would suggest you go find a hospital or maybe even police department so they can help you find the help you need. The fact that you are making this retarded argument shows that you are afraid to answer. Even if we have no idea where morals come from does not mean we have no idea what is moral. So stop with the red herring.

If you can't even tell me what it means to be moral, how can I answer your question? I don't know what you mean by morality.

It's a very simple question.

What is morality?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:09:16 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:05:02 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:

Where did I say that god is better for allowing child rape? Better and worse (in this context) are subjective ideas and determined based on a person's point of view. A vast majority of people would agree that they hate child rape and many would also agree that it's inherently immoral. However for those that don't agree that objective morality exists, they don't see child rape as morally worse than not raping a child.

Seriously did the doctor drop you like 5 times as a baby. This is truly retarded. Morality is subjective to a point, but to compare to balding, we are not at the beginning where it is questionable if you are balding. Child rape is to the point, where you have no hair left. There is no real question you are bald, just like there is no real question child rape is immoral. It is really telling you would rather argue that child rape may not be immoral rather then admit maybe I need to think about this.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:10:40 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:04:20 AM, jharry wrote:

Doesn't discount the fact he could have done the same thing for child rape. It is amazing how none of you will answer this question.

What? I'm assuming we should have sex some other way? But then there is more then one way to have sex with someone. Maybe no sexual organs or mouths. Or any orifice. Have you ever heard of screwing someones eyeballs out. SO now no eyeballs. You can masturbate so no hands. How about touching? SO maybe God should have designed us so we can't feel? Running my fingers through someones have could count as sexual abuse. No hair or fingers, oh wait, no hands already.

This is the absolute worst argument against God I have ever seen. Bar none. It doesn't even make sense.

So you argument is god is not capable of a way to design us so that we cant physically rape children. Not the all powerful type Huh?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:15:32 AM
Lets sum up the christian arguments so far:

God is not smart enough to design beings not capable of raping children.

I can't figure out if it is morally wrong to rape children without god.

It might not be morally wrong to rape children.

Do I really need to explain the true pathetic nature of these position

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:19:16 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:09:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/10/2011 12:05:02 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:

Seriously did the doctor drop you like 5 times as a baby. This is truly retarded. Morality is subjective to a point, but to compare to balding, we are not at the beginning where it is questionable if you are balding. Child rape is to the point, where you have no hair left. There is no real question you are bald, just like there is no real question child rape is immoral. It is really telling you would rather argue that child rape may not be immoral rather then admit maybe I need to think about this.

You basically keep saying to everyone "child rape is inherently immoral because it is." To which people have replied "why is it inherently immoral." Which received the following reply from you "because it is insult insult insult." If you are utterly incapable of explaining why you believe that it's inherently immoral then you really have no more credibility than a dogmatic fundie.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:19:38 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:10:40 AM, izbo10 wrote:

So you argument is god is not capable of a way to design us so that we cant physically rape children. Not the all powerful type Huh?

I described how He could have done it. Did you get the visual image of humans with no orifices, hair, limbs and unable to feel anything?

He didn't design us to be able to naturally kill millions of people in the blink of an eye. To do it naturally it takes a while. But we are able to do it.

He didn't design us to communicate with people thousands of miles away naturally. But we do it anyway. If He had designed us differently but left us with free will we could still do any horrible thing, just differently.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:21:00 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:19:38 AM, jharry wrote:
At 8/10/2011 12:10:40 AM, izbo10 wrote:

I described how He could have done it. Did you get the visual image of humans with no orifices, hair, limbs and unable to feel anything?

He didn't design us to be able to naturally kill millions of people in the blink of an eye. To do it naturally it takes a while. But we are able to do it.

He didn't design us to communicate with people thousands of miles away naturally. But we do it anyway. If He had designed us differently but left us with free will we could still do any horrible thing, just differently.

I want to find out something here, is there free will in heaven?

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:22:47 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:15:32 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Lets sum up the christian arguments so far:

God is not smart enough to design beings not capable of raping children.

I can't figure out if it is morally wrong to rape children without god.

It might not be morally wrong to rape children.

Do I really need to explain the true pathetic nature of these position

You don't know what God is, nor do you know what morality is, and you are going to try to talk about these things...

You are just making inflammatory statements to piss people off.

If you're going to troll, be more subtle, dawg. It's more entertaining.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:23:42 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:19:38 AM, jharry wrote:

Lol, I just pictured a squash. But with skin, that is unable to feel anything. So He could have designed us to be vegetables.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:23:44 AM
By the way that is not the only way to design that is not capable, you just created on that sounds bad. How about a design where are sexual organs don't develop til we are more mature. You know an all powerful, perfect god should be able to do that.

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:25:19 AM
At 8/10/2011 12:23:44 AM, izbo10 wrote:
By the way that is not the only way to design that is not capable, you just created on that sounds bad. How about a design where are sexual organs don't develop til we are more mature. You know an all powerful, perfect god should be able to do that.

Are you saying mature adults don't rape people?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:25:27 AM
At 8/9/2011 11:18:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Would a god who stops child rape be better then one who does not?

Now, I know what you christians are thinking, free will. Well guess what god designed us with limits. Like god designed us unable to punch a hole through someones stomach, limiting our free will. So a perfect being should be able to design us not able to rape children.

Ouch.

The usual response to this is a free will defense, God allows the rape of the child because of free will. Whether some one thinks that is a sufficient moral reason or not is going to differ obviously.

Usually when using evil/suffering as an evidence against God you use natural evil, evil that is not the direct result of "choice". This makes it alot harder to even use a free will defense.

For example say a hurricane came along, whipping around some broken off tree branches and hits little sally in the head, she is now mentally retard and partially blind.

Maybe God didn't stop it, or heal little sally cause he has his reasons, or maybe because he just doesn't exist.

Whats the difference between a God who doesn't exist, and a God who exists who doesn't stop the hurricane or heal sally ? outcome wise, nothing.

Non testable claims and religion, enough said.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:25:53 AM
Still truly scared that none of you have the courage to answer this question and avoid it. If you dont believe in god it becomes real simple. Any being that prevents child rape is better then one who does not.