Jump to topic:

Republican Debate Tonight: 8 Candidates

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:21:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know why I'm just now finding out about this today, but there is a GOP debate tonight on FOX 9PM Est. 6PM Pac.

A new contender has entered. Debaters include:

Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Jon Huntsman.

Who do you think will come out in the top 3?

What do you think of Huntsmans run?

My guess is Ron Paul is really going to rev it up a bit and be more aggressive this time. I think he intended to start the initial debates kind of mellow and will increase intensity with each new debate to keep his momentum on the rise rather than stagnant.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:25:54 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:21:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I don't know why I'm just now finding out about this today, but there is a GOP debate tonight on FOX 9PM Est. 6PM Pac.

A new contender has entered. Debaters include:

Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Jon Huntsman.

Who do you think will come out in the top 3?

What do you think of Huntsmans run?

My guess is Ron Paul is really going to rev it up a bit and be more aggressive this time. I think he intended to start the initial debates kind of mellow and will increase intensity with each new debate to keep his momentum on the rise rather than stagnant.

I think that most likely, Romney, Bachmann, and HOPEFULLY Paul will come out in the top three. Paul has a good history with straw polls in the previous elections.

I agree about "revving it up." Not only that, but Paul probably NEEDS to rev it up to have a shot at the nomination. Not to answer a question with a question, but what are your thoughts on Paul? I personally find him to be the most sensible candidate, above Obama as well--which is why I'm volunteering for his campaign.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:40:19 PM
At 8/11/2011 4:37:25 PM, Wnope wrote:
Why is this in the religion section?

It's a mistake. I'm on my iPod right now.

Everyone please go to the thread in the politics forum and let this one die. Thank you.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat