Jump to topic:

atheist vs theist questions:

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 10:28:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Atheist questions for the most part actually point out a contradiction i beliefs or the theists worldview. Theists(Christians mostly) attempt to repeat this, though their question inevitably are questions about a limit in knowledge, they don't usually elicit any contradiction but a lack of knowledge, in essence creating a god of the gaps. Where as the atheist question usually puts the theist at both sides of a mutually exclusive dichotomy. The sooner theists grasp this difference the better.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 10:29:46 AM
At 8/12/2011 10:28:26 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Atheist questions for the most part actually point out a contradiction i beliefs or the theists worldview. Theists(Christians mostly) attempt to repeat this, though their question inevitably are questions about a limit in knowledge, they don't usually elicit any contradiction but a lack of knowledge, in essence creating a god of the gaps. Where as the atheist question usually puts the theist at both sides of a mutually exclusive dichotomy. The sooner theists grasp this difference the better.

By the way I know it would be stupid of me to think anyone here will grasp the point of this post, it is probably better posted in more educated forums but oh well.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:22:49 PM
So, I gotta ask.

Do you post in order to educate and get people to ask questions or do you post in order to make fun of and feel superior?

If you are trying to do the former, you are really going about it the wrong way.

Right now, it either looks like you are doing the later or just trollin'.

If this topic gets more than 300 posts even after the last one, I'ma crap my pants.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:28:45 PM
Why you have to reply... this was a blatant attempt at trolling.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:51:30 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:22:49 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
So, I gotta ask.

Do you post in order to educate and get people to ask questions or do you post in order to make fun of and feel superior?

If you are trying to do the former, you are really going about it the wrong way.

Right now, it either looks like you are doing the later or just trollin'.

If this topic gets more than 300 posts even after the last one, I'ma crap my pants.

Its a little bit of both, christians certainly won't even attempt to educate themselves if you use logic and facts all the time, those things don't matter to them.