Jump to topic:

Book Review: Rejection of Pascal's Wager

kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 8:18:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
One of my favorite books is entitled Rejection of Pascal's Wager. It is a fantastic book that walks you through the myths, lies and evils of the Bible and the a christian church.

I challenge all Christians to read it and see if they feel the same way. You can read it for free at rejectionofpascalswager.net
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 8:30:03 PM
Interesting book...I might try to read 'Rejection of Pascal's Wager: A Skeptic's Guide' some time, though I am now engaged in reading a couple of other books of my liking.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:58:09 AM
At 8/14/2011 8:18:58 PM, kohai wrote:
One of my favorite books is entitled Rejection of Pascal's Wager. It is a fantastic book that walks you through the myths, lies and evils of the Bible and the a christian church.

I challenge all Christians to read it and see if they feel the same way. You can read it for free at rejectionofpascalswager.net

Pascal's Wager is the weakest argument for God, indeed it can't even be described as an argument for God. An atheistic work that pays homage to it, that does not bode too well.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:43:45 AM
At 8/14/2011 8:18:58 PM, kohai wrote:

No, but I'll debate you on anyone of the books contentions.
The Cross.. the Cross.
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 6:04:59 AM
I see how to read it for free from the site, they want me to buy the book.
I too would like to debate you on Pascal's wager. It used to be one of my least favorite profs. Then I realized it isn't a Prof at all, it is an extremely powerful argument. It is now one of my favorite. I will accept challenges on it.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 10:02:03 AM
At 8/15/2011 6:04:59 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
I too would like to debate you on Pascal's wager. It used to be one of my least favorite profs. Then I realized it isn't a Prof at all, it is an extremely powerful argument. It is now one of my favorite. I will accept challenges on it.

Deal. Accept my challenge.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 10:18:22 AM
At 8/15/2011 10:02:03 AM, kohai wrote:
At 8/15/2011 6:04:59 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:

Deal. Accept my challenge.

I put a message on it if you correct that one word I will accept.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh