Total Posts:259|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Out of 100 billion children ever born...

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:51:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
50 billion have died before reaching an age of proper reasoning, yet your all loving god watches over us and loves us, yeah ok.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:56:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this other than create dispute, argument, and inconclusive bickering? You KNOW very well that you put this across in a fallacious and deceptive manner. and you KNOW very well, that people will argue with you in vain. The proliferation of your obnoxious and trouble-spawning posts is beginning to pester me.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:56:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:51:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
50 billion have died before reaching an age of proper reasoning, yet your all loving god watches over us and loves us, yeah ok.

Another troll thread? Are you insisting on forgetting the volition inherent in such actions? Are you willing to not learn and to not formulate better arguments? Why can you not heed our advice, Izbo10? Are you that void of conduct and flexibility of view?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:58:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:56:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this other than create dispute, argument, and inconclusive bickering? You KNOW very well that you put this across in a fallacious and deceptive manner. and you KNOW very well, that people will argue with you in vain. The proliferation of your obnoxious and trouble-spawning posts is beginning to pester me.

You don't find the fact that 50% of all the children ever born has died before adulthood, a valid piece of evidence to determine whether an all loving all powerful perfect being is actually the creator and in control, and loves us, wow.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:01:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:58:26 PM, izbo10 wrote:
You don't find the fact that 50% of all the children ever born has died before adulthood, a valid piece of evidence to determine whether an all loving all powerful perfect being is actually the creator and in control, and loves us, wow.

I suppose you never heard of the devil or the existence of evil, haven't you? Well, here's a definition of it from Wikipedia:

The Devil....is believed in many religions and cultures to be a powerful, supernatural entity that is the personification of evil and the enemy of God and humankind. The Devil is commonly associated with heretics, infidels, and other unbelievers. The Abrahamic religions have variously regarded the Devil as a rebellious fallen angel or demon that tempts humans to sin or commit evil deeds. Others regard the Devil as an allegory that represents a crisis of faith, individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:01:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:56:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:51:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
50 billion have died before reaching an age of proper reasoning, yet your all loving god watches over us and loves us, yeah ok.

Another troll thread? Are you insisting on forgetting the volition inherent in such actions? Are you willing to not learn and to not formulate better arguments? Why can you not heed our advice, Izbo10? Are you that void of conduct and flexibility of view?

Look up Greg Paul, he is currently publishing a paper expressing this and has submitted it to many theologians and not one has attempted to respond.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:02:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:58:26 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:56:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this other than create dispute, argument, and inconclusive bickering? You KNOW very well that you put this across in a fallacious and deceptive manner. and you KNOW very well, that people will argue with you in vain. The proliferation of your obnoxious and trouble-spawning posts is beginning to pester me.

You don't find the fact that 50% of all the children ever born has died before adulthood, a valid piece of evidence to determine whether an all loving all powerful perfect being is actually the creator and in control, and loves us, wow.

What the hell did I just tell you? I said that a post like does not lead to anything more than arguing and bickering, stop creating them already. Or was it your brilliant deduction that everyone would wholeheartedly agree with you and post happy "good job izbo" posts? Really? Stop setting up battle grounds. If you honestly, HONESTLY wanted to talk about this, you would not have written it in this way.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:02:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:01:09 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:58:26 PM, izbo10 wrote:
You don't find the fact that 50% of all the children ever born has died before adulthood, a valid piece of evidence to determine whether an all loving all powerful perfect being is actually the creator and in control, and loves us, wow.

I suppose you never heard of the devil or the existence of evil, haven't you? Well, here's a definition of it from Wikipedia:

The Devil....is believed in many religions and cultures to be a powerful, supernatural entity that is the personification of evil and the enemy of God and humankind. The Devil is commonly associated with heretics, infidels, and other unbelievers. The Abrahamic religions have variously regarded the Devil as a rebellious fallen angel or demon that tempts humans to sin or commit evil deeds. Others regard the Devil as an allegory that represents a crisis of faith, individualism, free will, wisdom and enlightenment. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

Where is the devil in the bible, is it satan?

I am sorry you are too damn ignorant to think that 50 billion children, half the children ever born have died at a early age is not an important piece of data to determine if the christian god exists. That is showing of your complete lack of intellect.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:03:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:02:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:58:26 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 9:56:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this other than create dispute, argument, and inconclusive bickering? You KNOW very well that you put this across in a fallacious and deceptive manner. and you KNOW very well, that people will argue with you in vain. The proliferation of your obnoxious and trouble-spawning posts is beginning to pester me.

You don't find the fact that 50% of all the children ever born has died before adulthood, a valid piece of evidence to determine whether an all loving all powerful perfect being is actually the creator and in control, and loves us, wow.



What the hell did I just tell you? I said that a post like does not lead to anything more than arguing and bickering, stop creating them already. Or was it your brilliant deduction that everyone would wholeheartedly agree with you and post happy "good job izbo" posts? Really? Stop setting up battle grounds. If you honestly, HONESTLY wanted to talk about this, you would not have written it in this way.

Reality needs to be shoved in idiots faces.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:04:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Or, if you want to dive deeper, there's also 'the Angel of death', who according to Judaist belief, "was created by God on the first day. His dwelling is in heaven, whence he reaches earth in eight flights, whereas Pestilence reaches it in one. He has twelve wings. "Over all people have I surrendered thee the power," said God to the Angel of Death, "only not over this one which has received freedom from death through the Law." It is said of the Angel of Death that he is full of eyes. In the hour of death, he stands at the head of the departing one with a drawn sword, to which clings a drop of gall. As soon as the dying man sees Death, he is seized with a convulsion and opens his mouth, whereupon Death throws the drop into it. This drop causes his death; he turns putrid, and his face becomes yellow." (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:06:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:56:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this other than create dispute, argument, and inconclusive bickering? You KNOW very well that you put this across in a fallacious and deceptive manner. and you KNOW very well, that people will argue with you in vain. The proliferation of your obnoxious and trouble-spawning posts is beginning to pester me.

You hit the nail on the head. He likes to get people riled up and when they show the problems with his argument he just insults them and never addresses the real issue.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:06:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How old are you that you still believe that reality needs to be "shoved in peoples faces." Grow up, it does not work that way. When you try to enforce ideas on people in such blatant and offensive approaches you create conflict and discontent, and return people hate you.

Know what...go on. Go on trying to shove things in peoples faces, see if they won't shove it back.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity. That is a big factor in this decision. Benny I am sorry you are a idiot, sorry if you think this has as much relevance as a paper cut, that talks about your senses not my argument.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:10:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:02:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Where is the devil in the bible, is it satan?
A somewhat certain yes....The serpent of Eden is often believed to be the devil, "Now the serpent was more subtle than any animal of the field which Yahweh God had made." (Genesis, 3:1). There appears to be strong evidence that the devil is, especially in the Book of Revelations, the ultimate book in the New Testament: ""This great dragon — the ancient serpent called the Devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world — was thrown down to the earth with all his angels." (Relevations 12:9) In addition, the Book of Wisdoms also implies that the serpent is the devil, ""But by the envy of the devil, death entered the world and they who are in his possession experience it." (Wisdom 2:24)

I am sorry you are too damn ignorant to think that 50 billion children, half the children ever born have died at a early age is not an important piece of data to determine if the christian god exists.
I'm sorry to think that your world view doesn't extend beyond a mere duo of God or humankind....
That is showing of your complete lack of intellect.
On the contrary, I seem like a professor in comparison to you, Izbo.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:13:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity. That is a big factor in this decision. Benny I am sorry you are a idiot, sorry if you think this has as much relevance as a paper cut, that talks about your senses not my argument.

The only person that seriously needs to take reality into account is you. I understand that you want to express your views on this subject, but the way you go about doing so is childish and intolerable. You are disrespectful, like how you just insulted Benny, you are rude, like how you disturb man-is-good.

So what do you really want? Do you want to provoke people and have them furious with you, or do you want to have a calm and civil discussion with people? Which is it?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:13:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity.
You repeat that fact as if it is some crucial, watershed information that disproves the existence of a moral God, which it isn't...
That is a big factor in this decision.
Evidently, statistics and unreliable sources (Izbo10) are enough to change one's faith...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:17:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:13:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity.
You repeat that fact as if it is some crucial, watershed information that disproves the existence of a moral God, which it isn't...
That is a big factor in this decision.
Evidently, statistics and unreliable sources (Izbo10) are enough to change one's faith...
A god who loves us allows 50 billion children to die, are you a fuckin moron?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:18:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would love to hear one person give something more important then this in deciding on whether a god exists. The fact is none of you have one. You getting a new fuckin car is not more important then human life.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:18:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:17:12 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:13:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity.
You repeat that fact as if it is some crucial, watershed information that disproves the existence of a moral God, which it isn't...
That is a big factor in this decision.
Evidently, statistics and unreliable sources (Izbo10) are enough to change one's faith...
A god who loves us allows 50 billion children to die, are you a fuckin moron?

Don't dodge my question.

"So what do you really want? Do you want to provoke people and have them furious with you, or do you want to have a calm and civil discussion with people? Which is it?"
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:19:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:17:12 PM, izbo10 wrote:

A god who loves us allows 50 billion children to die, are you a fuckin moron?
What ever happened to Death? "When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth." (Revelation 6:7)

Or the angel of death? Izbo10, this only prooves now narrow your world view is, in terms of cosmology....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:20:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:18:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:17:12 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:13:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity.
You repeat that fact as if it is some crucial, watershed information that disproves the existence of a moral God, which it isn't...
That is a big factor in this decision.
Evidently, statistics and unreliable sources (Izbo10) are enough to change one's faith...
A god who loves us allows 50 billion children to die, are you a fuckin moron?

Don't dodge my question.

"So what do you really want? Do you want to provoke people and have them furious with you, or do you want to have a calm and civil discussion with people? Which is it?"

I want you to take a serious topic seriously and not make excuses and make yourself look like an ahole and immoral ba$tard.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:20:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:18:41 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I would love to hear one person give something more important then this in deciding on whether a god exists. The fact is none of you have one. You getting a new fuckin car is not more important then human life.

???Since when did any of the members who commented in your useless thread mention about their material affluence? You must be under the influence, again
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:21:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This may be off-topic or ad hom, but honestly, I've had it with Izbo's ad hom attacks on the religious. I went to his youtube channel which he promoted in one of his forum threads. At first I liked his videos, but then got lead to a debate he had on an online radio show with a preacher Kerrigan Skelly (I think his name was), and izbo was totally destroyed--and I'm an atheist. So, in short, I feel that Izbo's trolling on the forums is a clear over compensation for his unwillingness to budge on any issue regarding Christianity, as well as shoddy debate skills.

To goo into specifics, his radio debate was just like what he says on the forums--without the blatant offensiveness. He kept on repeating the child rape and pregnant-woman-killing argument ad nauseum, which the Christian effectively refuted. On top of that, it sounded as though there was someone else in the room helping him, which the Christian pointed out.

I just wanted you all to know.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:22:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:20:15 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:18:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:17:12 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:13:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/14/2011 10:09:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am saying you need to take reality into account when choosing a god, a god who loves us and answers prayers is far less likely in a world where 50% of children die,mostly of disease before reaching maturity.
You repeat that fact as if it is some crucial, watershed information that disproves the existence of a moral God, which it isn't...
That is a big factor in this decision.
Evidently, statistics and unreliable sources (Izbo10) are enough to change one's faith...
A god who loves us allows 50 billion children to die, are you a fuckin moron?

Don't dodge my question.

"So what do you really want? Do you want to provoke people and have them furious with you, or do you want to have a calm and civil discussion with people? Which is it?"


I want you to take a serious topic seriously and not make excuses and make yourself look like an ahole and immoral ba$tard.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Answer the question

PROVOKE AND ANNOY OR CALMLY DISCUSS.

Pick one!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:22:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seriously is there anyone moral enough to take this question seriously? You guys really are a sad bunch, what does it take to make you think, I guess 50 billion childrens lives are less important then you holding onto your belief without thinking about it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:22:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:20:15 PM, izbo10 wrote:

I want you to take a serious topic seriously and not make excuses and make yourself look like an ahole and immoral ba$tard.

You certainly aren't helping it be a 'serious topic' when you call your fellow members 'aholes' and 'immoral ba$tards'....

I assume your only purpose in creating this thread was to initiate another forum war.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:23:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well don't disrespect 50 billion children dying and you won't be called such.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:24:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 9:51:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
50 billion have died before reaching an age of proper reasoning, yet your all loving god watches over us and loves us, yeah ok.

Okay, a watered down and relatively inarticulate expression of the problem of evil. Bad things - or, importantly, what one perceives to be bad things - happen, therefore an omnibenevoent (all loving) personal God does not exist.

I think if it is established that things X Y Z are indeed bad than the only proper theistic explanation is a God that views humanity from a "greater" perspective, i.e not a personal God who necessarily takes everybody's life into account. Of course, most theists will tell you either a) you're using your own subjective view of morality - who says what you deem bad is actually bad? b) God created morality thus decides what is right and wrong, and the most common response, c) it's all part of a bigger picture where every little thing works out in the long run though it might not seem that way to our limited human view.
Both a) b) and c) fall short in defending the existence of a personal God and work for a more detached, "bigger picture" God at best - and even then it's an extremely flimsy case...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:24:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:21:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
This may be off-topic or ad hom, but honestly, I've had it with Izbo's ad hom attacks on the religious. I went to his youtube channel which he promoted in one of his forum threads. At first I liked his videos, but then got lead to a debate he had on an online radio show with a preacher Kerrigan Skelly (I think his name was), and izbo was totally destroyed--and I'm an atheist. So, in short, I feel that Izbo's trolling on the forums is a clear over compensation for his unwillingness to budge on any issue regarding Christianity, as well as shoddy debate skills.

To goo into specifics, his radio debate was just like what he says on the forums--without the blatant offensiveness. He kept on repeating the child rape and pregnant-woman-killing argument ad nauseum, which the Christian effectively refuted. On top of that, it sounded as though there was someone else in the room helping him, which the Christian pointed out.

I just wanted you all to know.

Now we know the real Izbo10. The Izbo10 on the forums is just a part of his self-conscious ego that he unleashes. But either way, both Izbo10s have a solid basis on an inability to reason. Ignorance is generally deterred and unencouraged, but Izbo10 is full of it.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:25:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/14/2011 10:21:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
This may be off-topic or ad hom, but honestly, I've had it with Izbo's ad hom attacks on the religious. I went to his youtube channel which he promoted in one of his forum threads. At first I liked his videos, but then got lead to a debate he had on an online radio show with a preacher Kerrigan Skelly (I think his name was), and izbo was totally destroyed--and I'm an atheist. So, in short, I feel that Izbo's trolling on the forums is a clear over compensation for his unwillingness to budge on any issue regarding Christianity, as well as shoddy debate skills.

To goo into specifics, his radio debate was just like what he says on the forums--without the blatant offensiveness. He kept on repeating the child rape and pregnant-woman-killing argument ad nauseum, which the Christian effectively refuted. On top of that, it sounded as though there was someone else in the room helping him, which the Christian pointed out.

I just wanted you all to know.

Yea I went to his youtube channel, some of his videos are ridiculous, he also uses Xtranormal as a means to make strawman Christian arguments.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike