Jump to topic:

Jesus and hitler 2 peas in a pod

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:35:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Next we have a god who is all loving and has the guidelines set up that if you accept him you go to heaven if you do not accept him you go to hell. This is specific to Jesus for this case: Jesus is suppose to be all loving. But I intend to dispute that based on the assumption that you are moral enough to know that further torture of the Jewish holocaust victims is not loving.

Ok here's the argument:

Premise 1: If you do not accept Jesus you go to hell
Premise 2: The jews in the holocaust for the most part did not accept Jesus(unproven, but very founded premise)
Conclusion: The jews who died in the holocaust went to hell.

What is hell like? torture according to a very many christians.

Premise 1: The jews who died in the holocaust went to hell
Premise 2: To go to hell is to be tortured.
Conclusion: The jews in hell are tortured

That's your Jesus character. This shows Jesus is all loving, yet we admitted at the beginning it is not loving to torture the Jewish victims of the holocaust further, yet those are the rules Jesus set up. Contradiction.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:41:13 AM
Why not just stick to your child rape argument ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:42:48 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:41:13 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Yeah, isn't it your fascination, Izbo? Isn't it your dream to draw inferences from the presence of child rape?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:43:58 AM

many ways to skin a cat.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:44:01 AM
hooray! Another post for me to make fun of.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:44:57 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:43:58 AM, izbo10 wrote:

many ways to skin a cat.
You won't skin that cat if it's already biting your hand, Izbo10....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:45:00 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:44:01 AM, 000ike wrote:

another post where you come in and have zero chance of actually attacking the premises so you will red herring your way around it.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:46:49 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:45:00 AM, izbo10 wrote:

another post where you come in and have zero chance of actually attacking the premises so you will red herring your way around it.

Izbo, knock off the debate terms. This thread is to trashy and poorly constructed to be called a debate. It's a playground for a troll, and some entertainment for me.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:47:30 AM

You're already letting this thread go off-course. Let's hope you won't continue to insult and post more watershed evidence of the immorality of Christianity....

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:48:20 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:47:30 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

You're already letting this thread go off-course. Let's hope you won't continue to insult and post more watershed evidence of the immorality of Christianity....

lol you know he will, so lets just go with it
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:48:52 AM
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:49:37 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:48:20 AM, 000ike wrote:

Yes he will. But I have to go to sleep. I'll run in crop circles with Izbo10 tomorrow. But if you're still online, you can continue to find entertainment in this thread. I might be an atheist, but I laugh at Izbo10's deplorable conduct...

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:50:17 AM
Meh, I think the child rape argument is better.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:50:56 AM
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:51:19 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:49:37 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Yes he will. But I have to go to sleep. I'll run in crop circles with Izbo10 tomorrow. But if you're still online, you can continue to find entertainment in this thread. I might be an atheist, but I laugh at Izbo10's deplorable conduct...

Wow me pointing out the deplorable logical conclusions of the christian worldview is deplorable. Sad state of affairs for our nations youths if you morons are any indication.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:52:08 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:50:17 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Meh, I think the child rape argument is better.

It at least has some sort of morality factor in it. This argument, 'Jesus and hitler 2 peas in a pod' is....how would you describe it?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 12:52:19 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:51:19 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/15/2011 12:49:37 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Wow me pointing out the deplorable logical conclusions of the christian worldview is deplorable. Sad state of affairs for our nations youths if you morons are any indication.

You just about done bickering with kids half your age?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:12:23 AM
How about instead of attacking izbo, why don't you guys actually try to form a rebuttal. He brings up some good points. But if you want to be successful in defeating izbo, come with real arguments, not ad homs.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:21:41 AM
At 8/15/2011 1:12:23 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
How about instead of attacking izbo, why don't you guys actually try to form a rebuttal. He brings up some good points. But if you want to be successful in defeating izbo, come with real arguments, not ad homs.

Are you new? You must be. Izbo is a recurring troll. On several occasions everyone has replied to his posts, and he offers nothing more than insults and provocation. In the end, when Izbo makes a thread, the sensible course of action is to not expend too much brain power. Don't waste it on the likes of him.

Ad hominem is a more fun way to approach a character like izbo. If you poke the grumpy troll with a stick, he goes off on a rant. His unwarranted insults to countless members in this forum has earned him this treatment.

I once asked him why he made threads to provoke and anger people, or to calmly discuss. After dodging the question several times, he finally answered "to provoke."

It would be incredibly unwise to seriously try and have a sensible conversation with this guy....but if you have time to kill, then go right ahead.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:33:32 AM
At 8/15/2011 12:35:00 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Ok here's the argument:

Premise 2: The gyspsies/gays/catholics in their respect conflict for the most part did not accept Jesus (correctly, as the protestants would say).
Conclusion: The everyone other than those who believe in jesus go to hell.

What a riveting thesis.

Premise 1: The non-christians who died in any circumstance went to hell
Conclusion: The non-christians in hell are tortured

Top notch argument. Very specific.

That's your Jesus character. This shows Jesus is all loving, yet we admitted at the beginning it is not loving to torture the Jewish victims of the holocaust further, yet those are the rules Jesus set up. Contradiction.

Point out where in the bible it says that god/jesus runs around making sure nothing bad happens? If God isn't wiping out civilizations in the bible, he's telling someone else to.

Only the most deluded fanatic considers the biblical acts of God to be "omnibenevolent" in the sense of doing no wrong or allowing wrong to be done.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:35:40 AM
At 8/15/2011 1:21:41 AM, 000ike wrote:

Are you new? You must be.

Check my profile and post count. I've been here for 2 years.

Izbo is a recurring troll. On several occasions everyone has replied to his posts, and he offers nothing more than insults and provocation.

Yes, I've noticed that he provokes and insults, but they are also accompanied by actual arguments. People think if there's an insult mixed in an argument, it's ok to just dismiss the argument.

In the end, when Izbo makes a thread, the sensible course of action is to not expend too much brain power. Don't waste it on the likes of him.

Ad hominem is a more fun way to approach a character like izbo. If you poke the grumpy troll with a stick, he goes off on a rant. His unwarranted insults to countless members in this forum has earned him this treatment.

I'm not sure that he's a troll. He seems to be rather passionate about his Atheism.

I once asked him why he made threads to provoke and anger people, or to calmly discuss. After dodging the question several times, he finally answered "to provoke."

That's good. Provoking adversity and debate.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 1:48:01 AM
No, provoking people is bad. When you provoke people, they are too angry to debate, so they just insult him back. He needs to stop provoking people and then also stop insulting people, and then he'd be tolerable.

And for goodness sake, without a shadow of doubt, HE IS A TROLL. A troll goes to forums to provoke and annoy people, and not to debate in a civil manner...ergo, he is a troll.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:53:22 AM
Next we have a god who is all loving and has the guidelines set up that if you accept him you go to heaven if you do not accept him you go to hell. This is specific to Jesus for this case: Jesus is suppose to be all loving. But I intend to dispute that based on the assumption that you are moral enough to know that further torture of the Jewish holocaust victims is not loving.

Wow... all over the place there aren't we?

Ok here's the argument:

Premise 2: The jews in the holocaust for the most part did not accept Jesus(unproven, but very founded premise)

Oh like my God... no one has ever come up with argument before! You must be a Genius!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:55:20 AM

No he brings up the same tired old points and ignores all rebutals. He is like you, though at least he provides some argument in the first place.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 4:58:26 AM
If izbo10 ran for president he would lose, but would be convinced that he in fact won.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:15:38 AM

Ok here's the argument:

Hell is our choice, before us every day in every secret thought and choice..

Hell is the absence of God (light, love, joy, peace, truth etc) so to reject these things is to reject Him and because He IS love He gives you your desire.
The Cross.. the Cross.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 8:08:30 AM
At 8/15/2011 5:15:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Ok here's the argument:

Hell is the absence of God (light, love, joy, peace, truth etc) so to reject these things is to reject Him and because He IS love He gives you your desire.

Ridiculous, I choose not to go to hell, but I also choose not to believe bronze age mythology without evidence, but if your religion is true I go to hell for the 2nd choice, though I made the first choice.

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 5:09:43 AM
At 8/15/2011 8:08:30 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Ok here's the argument:

Ridiculous, I choose not to go to hell, but I also choose not to believe bronze age mythology without evidence, but if your religion is true I go to hell for the 2nd choice, though I made the first choice.

No, you CHOOSE to treat me NOT as YOU would wish to be treated, thus breaking God's Holy Law.. you CHOOSE to denigrate that which you CHOOSE not to understand or investigate with an open mind..

Going to hell (or not) is not one choice but a thousand million choices every day.. But it does begin with ONE choice, a secret one in your heart of hearts: 'I want the Truth, whatever it costs me' Then the Truth Himself will lead you into a relationship with Him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Steve0Yea
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 12:52:04 PM
At 8/20/2011 5:09:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 8/15/2011 8:08:30 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Ok here's the argument:

No, you CHOOSE to treat me NOT as YOU would wish to be treated, thus breaking God's Holy Law.. you CHOOSE to denigrate that which you CHOOSE not to understand or investigate with an open mind..

Going to hell (or not) is not one choice but a thousand million choices every day.. But it does begin with ONE choice, a secret one in your heart of hearts: 'I want the Truth, whatever it costs me' Then the Truth Himself will lead you into a relationship with Him.

There is a pretty good chance izbo wants to be treated poorly thats why he treats others that way... he might have some sick fantasy about being yelled at... ew... we could be enabling him to choke his chicken right now... EW... its kinda like we are choking it ourselves if you think about it...

This thread just got a whole lot dirtier... and i am feeling uncomfortable. Please izbo, both hands on the keyboard...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 1:02:48 PM

Ok here's the argument:

I spy a flawed syllogism.

You forget that Christianity (seperate from Judaism) proposes that Jesus and God are the same. So, the Jews are still accepting God, and by proxy Jesus (in Christian terms) even if not Jesus specifically.

Therefore, P2 is false.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus