Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An argument for god

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:33:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Since it has come to my attention that many on this board are not educated enough to grasp what an argument for god is let me help you out here and show you why what you think is one, really is not. Here is the argument:
Premise 1: The atheist claims that we can know everything by our five senses

Premise 2: Our five senses cannot always be trusted

Conclusion: Therefore the atheist cannot trust what he thinks he knows.

Firstly, it is very important to notice the conclusion is not god exists. The original person presenting this argument, realized how fallacious it would be to go from this to god, so he doesn't do it. He actually relies on the reader/viewer to fill in the gap, god of the gaps fallacy, to get there. The person reading this argument is predisposed to think god a credible response so they fill in that gap. Its based on a form of logic called Reductio Ad Absurdum or Reduction to Absurdity. The problem here is Reductio Ad Absurdum is a fallacy if it is based on a false dichotomy. Which this one is. In reductio ad absurdum, you are attempting to reduce the opponents view to absurdity. The problem is the opponent here doesn't know the answer, it says nothing about the actual other possibilities to answer the question. The thing is the actual question is what causes the 5 senses? In order for Reductio Ad absurdum to work this person must reduce all the other possible examples to absurdity. So, here are some, but not all of the other possibilities: 5 senses are a brute fact and properly basic belief, 5 senses fairies, the IPU, Allah, and leprechauns controlling the 5 senses. I know, right now some one is thinking this is a straw man. But alas, the fact you are presupposed to god, does not make god any more likely an explanation then any of these for your 5 senses working. So as we have seen the person doing he reductio ad absurdum in their head has not actually reduced any of the other possibilities down to nothing, they have subconsciously picked the one they have been indoctrinated with. That is why the argument seems so intellectually pleasing, because you have been indoctrinated, in an alternate universe, where the IPU was indoctrinated in your head, this would seem a good argument for the IPU, because the IPU preacher could leave the statement open for your presupposition to IPU to takeover.

While all this is going on in your head, the person presenting the argument is continuing his path of a red herring discussion about where the other person thinks the 5 senses comes from. The debater is just trying to make it through making the impression he knows more, because the atheist, can't give a definitive answer. This in turn reinforces the presupposition of the listener to god.

So in conclusion, while the actual debater has lead a red herring discussion, his full intention is to get the listener to fill in the god of the gaps argument from ignorance reasoning, most likely by way of a reductio ad absurdum by false dicotomy.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:34:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:33:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Since it has come to my attention that many on this board are not educated enough to grasp what an argument for god is let me help you out here and show you why what you think is one, really is not. Here is the argument:
Premise 1: The atheist claims that we can know everything by our five senses

Premise 2: Our five senses cannot always be trusted

Conclusion: Therefore the atheist cannot trust what he thinks he knows.

Firstly, it is very important to notice the conclusion is not god exists. The original person presenting this argument, realized how fallacious it would be to go from this to god, so he doesn't do it. He actually relies on the reader/viewer to fill in the gap, god of the gaps fallacy, to get there. The person reading this argument is predisposed to think god a credible response so they fill in that gap. Its based on a form of logic called Reductio Ad Absurdum or Reduction to Absurdity. The problem here is Reductio Ad Absurdum is a fallacy if it is based on a false dichotomy. Which this one is. In reductio ad absurdum, you are attempting to reduce the opponents view to absurdity. The problem is the opponent here doesn't know the answer, it says nothing about the actual other possibilities to answer the question. The thing is the actual question is what causes the 5 senses? In order for Reductio Ad absurdum to work this person must reduce all the other possible examples to absurdity. So, here are some, but not all of the other possibilities: 5 senses are a brute fact and properly basic belief, 5 senses fairies, the IPU, Allah, and leprechauns controlling the 5 senses. I know, right now some one is thinking this is a straw man. But alas, the fact you are presupposed to god, does not make god any more likely an explanation then any of these for your 5 senses working. So as we have seen the person doing he reductio ad absurdum in their head has not actually reduced any of the other possibilities down to nothing, they have subconsciously picked the one they have been indoctrinated with. That is why the argument seems so intellectually pleasing, because you have been indoctrinated, in an alternate universe, where the IPU was indoctrinated in your head, this would seem a good argument for the IPU, because the IPU preacher could leave the statement open for your presupposition to IPU to takeover.

While all this is going on in your head, the person presenting the argument is continuing his path of a red herring discussion about where the other person thinks the 5 senses comes from. The debater is just trying to make it through making the impression he knows more, because the atheist, can't give a definitive answer. This in turn reinforces the presupposition of the listener to god.

So in conclusion, while the actual debater has lead a red herring discussion, his full intention is to get the listener to fill in the god of the gaps argument from ignorance reasoning, most likely by way of a reductio ad absurdum by false dicotomy.

I might as well have called this the jetliner thread, as is going to fly over so many peoples heads.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is it really that important?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:38:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:36:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Is it really that important?

I am trying to educate those of lesser intelligence here, education is important.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:41:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

No.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:43:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:46:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:46:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.



Not a single good rebuttal to an actual worthwhile discussion, and you idiots think Im bringing down toe quality of this board.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:47:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:36:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Is it really that important?

Every debate is a life or death situation to izbo10
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:47:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.

yep, he looked them up, typed them out, posted them, and reviewed his post in about 47 seconds.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:48:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:47:21 PM, BennyW wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:36:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Is it really that important?

Every debate is a life or death situation to izbo10

Im trying to teach people like you, Benny, something with this post, please try to read the original post for comprehension.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:48:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.

Let's see. You Appeal to Emotion by repeatedly talking of child rape and women getting stabbed in the bible, you appeal to intelligence for largely the same reason, and you strawman Christianity into oblivion, exaggerating it into a HUGE strawman for you to burn and say "Oh look! I've defeated them!"

That, and your arrogance knows no bounds.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:50:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't understand, Izbo10...If god doesn't exist in your eyes, why continue to attack him? Are you that void of understanding to continue to strike at the religious community of DDO? Can you not see that they outnumber you by many miles? Are you that void of basic logic and reasoning, to presume that an individual can procure change in an entire institution and its adjacent group?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:50:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seriously... can we not engage it in conversation? Post silly links, derail the thread, talk about him. But never to him.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:52:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:50:39 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:48:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.

Let's see. You Appeal to Emotion by repeatedly talking of child rape and women getting stabbed in the bible, you appeal to intelligence for largely the same reason, and you strawman Christianity into oblivion, exaggerating it into a HUGE strawman for you to burn and say "Oh look! I've defeated them!"

That, and your arrogance knows no bounds.

why don't you stay on the actual topic of this discussion, you f'n moron. Oh wait its well beyond your comprehension level, so you can't.

I rest my case. Good job with no appeal to emotion. I see you evade my valid points, appeal to emotion again, and you show your hubris yet again.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:53:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wonder if Izbo10 ever appeared on this show before. He seems to be oddly fitting for all the bright and flashy rooms, clowns, and circus qualities of this show....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:53:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The following is an accurate representation of Izbo's argument.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:54:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:52:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:50:39 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:48:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.

Let's see. You Appeal to Emotion by repeatedly talking of child rape and women getting stabbed in the bible, you appeal to intelligence for largely the same reason, and you strawman Christianity into oblivion, exaggerating it into a HUGE strawman for you to burn and say "Oh look! I've defeated them!"

That, and your arrogance knows no bounds.

why don't you stay on the actual topic of this discussion, you f'n moron. Oh wait its well beyond your comprehension level, so you can't.

I rest my case. Good job with no appeal to emotion. I see you evade my valid points, appeal to emotion again, and you show your hubris yet again.

Actually my arguments appeal to basicly accepted moral guidelines, not emotion, but that iis neither here nor there in this thread, I know your a $hit brown crayon, ie not the brightest in the box, but please try to stay on topic here.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:55:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:54:04 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:52:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:50:39 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:48:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:43:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:41:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:40:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:38:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:35:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


If you could have just gotten the line "oh Rimmer... you ARE a smeg head."

Did terms like Reductio ad absurdum, false dichotomy, red herring, and argument from ignorance go over your head?

Do Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Intelligence, and Strawman Arguments mean nothing to YOU?

lol the little boy just looked up the terms and found they are logical fallacies so just started listing others, without any possible way of showing I used any of them.

Let's see. You Appeal to Emotion by repeatedly talking of child rape and women getting stabbed in the bible, you appeal to intelligence for largely the same reason, and you strawman Christianity into oblivion, exaggerating it into a HUGE strawman for you to burn and say "Oh look! I've defeated them!"

That, and your arrogance knows no bounds.

why don't you stay on the actual topic of this discussion, you f'n moron. Oh wait its well beyond your comprehension level, so you can't.

I rest my case. Good job with no appeal to emotion. I see you evade my valid points, appeal to emotion again, and you show your hubris yet again.

Actually my arguments appeal to basicly accepted moral guidelines, not emotion, but that iis neither here nor there in this thread, I know your a $hit brown crayon, ie not the brightest in the box, but please try to stay on topic here.

It appears that no argument from Izbo10 is without an attack on his opponent's character or an indication of his pitiful state of hubris...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 7:57:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Its really telling that there are now 3 pages and not one of you can address the original post in an intelligent manner, and you wonder why I get frustrated. This board loves red herrings and arguments to possible absurdities in the case of reformedarsenal.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:00:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 7:57:27 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Its really telling that there are now 3 pages and not one of you can address the original post in an intelligent manner, and you wonder why I get frustrated. This board loves red herrings and arguments to possible absurdities in the case of reformedarsenal.

1) You're still hating on Reformed Arsenal and continually use his name (a sure sign of scorn and hatred).
2) You use several appeals to emotion, authority, and other fallacious approach of reasoning and yet tell us that "this board loves red herrings and arguments" (Are there red arguemnts?)
3) You use special pleading in that you demand us to answer our own questions but refuse to answer or address our own....

Who's the one with problems in basic logic?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:01:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 8:00:18 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:57:27 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Its really telling that there are now 3 pages and not one of you can address the original post in an intelligent manner, and you wonder why I get frustrated. This board loves red herrings and arguments to possible absurdities in the case of reformedarsenal.

1) You're still hating on Reformed Arsenal and continually use his name (a sure sign of scorn and hatred).
2) You use several appeals to emotion, authority, and other fallacious approach of reasoning and yet tell us that "this board loves red herrings and arguments" (Are there red arguemnts?)
3) You use special pleading in that you demand us to answer our own questions but refuse to answer or address our own....

Who's the one with problems in basic logic?

simple answer: You, but thats not your fault your still 5 years or so away from an intro to logic course.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:03:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
simple answer: You, but thats not your fault your still 5 years or so away from an intro to logic course.

And you're still 1 million years away from having a fully developed brain.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:03:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 8:01:37 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 8:00:18 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:57:27 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Its really telling that there are now 3 pages and not one of you can address the original post in an intelligent manner, and you wonder why I get frustrated. This board loves red herrings and arguments to possible absurdities in the case of reformedarsenal.

1) You're still hating on Reformed Arsenal and continually use his name (a sure sign of scorn and hatred).
2) You use several appeals to emotion, authority, and other fallacious approach of reasoning and yet tell us that "this board loves red herrings and arguments" (Are there red arguemnts?)
3) You use special pleading in that you demand us to answer our own questions but refuse to answer or address our own....

Who's the one with problems in basic logic?

simple answer: You, but thats not your fault your still 5 years or so away from an intro to logic course.

Give it up, sir arrogant. You seem to be under the impression that you are above everyone because you took a logic course.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:03:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 8:01:37 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 8:00:18 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/16/2011 7:57:27 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Its really telling that there are now 3 pages and not one of you can address the original post in an intelligent manner, and you wonder why I get frustrated. This board loves red herrings and arguments to possible absurdities in the case of reformedarsenal.

1) You're still hating on Reformed Arsenal and continually use his name (a sure sign of scorn and hatred).
2) You use several appeals to emotion, authority, and other fallacious approach of reasoning and yet tell us that "this board loves red herrings and arguments" (Are there red arguemnts?)
3) You use special pleading in that you demand us to answer our own questions but refuse to answer or address our own....

Who's the one with problems in basic logic?

simple answer: You, but thats not your fault your still 5 years or so away from an intro to logic course.

Simple answer: Izbo10<<---L' uomo che no puo scrivere una pena comprehensible
Izbo10 believes that he has taken a logic/critical thinking in college when, in actuality, he was in a bed at a very naughty place...heh, heh, heh....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau