Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A educational post for debaters

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:22:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The rethorical question is have YOU studied them?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:24:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:22:41 PM, kohai wrote:
The rethorical question is have YOU studied them?

Yes, I can provide an example of each. You may want to read each of them.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:25:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.

Ask me any of them and I will provide an example, I know what they are.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:26:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I seriously am not joking read these, they will help voting on debates, to understand why arguments are valid is helpful.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:27:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:25:46 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.


Ask me any of them and I will provide an example, I know what they are.

Can I ask one that isn't on that list?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:28:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

This is not a topic to insult, this is educational. If we all comprehend what makes an argument valid, then debates won't be won on logical fallacies anymore.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:28:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:28:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:27:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:46 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.


Ask me any of them and I will provide an example, I know what they are.

Can I ask one that isn't on that list?

Sure.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:29:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:28:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:27:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:46 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.


Ask me any of them and I will provide an example, I know what they are.

Can I ask one that isn't on that list?

Sure.

Appeal to Emotion
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Steve0Yea
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:30:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

I would most definitely like to be added to the list of students, i know its supposed to be an insult but i never took any of those classes in school and would love to learn more about "the basics".
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:30:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2. DetectableNinja
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:32:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:30:18 PM, Steve0Yea wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

I would most definitely like to be added to the list of students, i know its supposed to be an insult but i never took any of those classes in school and would love to learn more about "the basics".

Please note it was only a joke, but if you really want to learn, then feel free to join!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Steve0Yea
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:33:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:30:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2. DetectableNinja
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1. Steve0Yea
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:33:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:29:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:28:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:27:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:46 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:25:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:23:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:21:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:20:51 PM, izbo10 wrote:
http://www.fallacyfiles.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Please take the time to study theses.

Seriously? How defensive are you?

Not defensive decided its time to take a step back in order to take a step forward. I admit I was wrong to assume that people on here have some basis on logic. So I decided to take the time to present some basic day 1 logical fallacies.

You study them too.


Ask me any of them and I will provide an example, I know what they are.

Can I ask one that isn't on that list?

Sure.

Appeal to Emotion

It feels good to believe in unicorns, therefore unicorns must exist.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:40:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1. Wnope
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

I wanna be the kid who raises his hand to much, but has the latitude to use certain four letter words without seeming hypocritical.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:41:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:33:00 PM, Steve0Yea wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:30:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2. DetectableNinja
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1. Steve0Yea
2. Wnope
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

Sorry, didn't see you there. Fixed the roster.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:44:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:41:35 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:33:00 PM, Steve0Yea wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:30:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1. Steve0Yea
2. Wnope
3. DetectableNinja
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

Changed my mind. I think I still have much to learn.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 9:54:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We should take note that the DDOs just completely neutralized one of Izbo's most insulting, generalized statements.

It wasn't by addressing his question and arguing on his ground. It was by refocusing the topic until he no longer had the high ground, as is the case now.

Frame-shifting. It's Anti-Troll Technology.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:05:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:54:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
We should take note that the DDOs just completely neutralized one of Izbo's most insulting, generalized statements.

It wasn't by addressing his question and arguing on his ground. It was by refocusing the topic until he no longer had the high ground, as is the case now.

Frame-shifting. It's Anti-Troll Technology.

Pop quiz: this is a form of which fallacy that assumes one singular cause

Morality exists
god is the only explanation for morality
Therefore god exists

Name the fallacy?'

extra credit, give another fallacy this line of reasoning has. hint: one word in the fallacy has to do with lacking knowledge.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:05:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll post a new version of the game, 'Society for educating Izbo10' in the game forum. For those who already signed up, feel free to do so in the new game tomorrow...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:09:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For educational purposes class we need to add another fallacy to study: http://www.nizkor.org...

It is shifting the burden of proof. In philosophical circles the burden of proof is on the person making the assertion.

So for instance, the person who asserts god has the burden of proof and if they don't meet that, the individual is completely justified in rejecting said claim.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:11:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:05:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:54:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
We should take note that the DDOs just completely neutralized one of Izbo's most insulting, generalized statements.

It wasn't by addressing his question and arguing on his ground. It was by refocusing the topic until he no longer had the high ground, as is the case now.

Frame-shifting. It's Anti-Troll Technology.

Pop quiz: this is a form of which fallacy that assumes one singular cause

Morality exists
god is the only explanation for morality
Therefore god exists

Name the fallacy?'

extra credit, give another fallacy this line of reasoning has. hint: one word in the fallacy has to do with lacking knowledge.

What sort? Formal fallacies? Propositional? Quantificational?

Because I can find at least one fallacy in each category.

Of course, I'm sure you know the differences between them. You studied logic.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:13:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:11:37 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/16/2011 10:05:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:54:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
We should take note that the DDOs just completely neutralized one of Izbo's most insulting, generalized statements.

It wasn't by addressing his question and arguing on his ground. It was by refocusing the topic until he no longer had the high ground, as is the case now.

Frame-shifting. It's Anti-Troll Technology.

Pop quiz: this is a form of which fallacy that assumes one singular cause

Morality exists
god is the only explanation for morality
Therefore god exists

Name the fallacy?'

extra credit, give another fallacy this line of reasoning has. hint: one word in the fallacy has to do with lacking knowledge.

What sort? Formal fallacies? Propositional? Quantificational?

Because I can find at least one fallacy in each category.

Of course, I'm sure you know the differences between them. You studied logic.

tsk tsk tsk, it shows you have not studied what I asked you too, I have given blatant hints to which fallacies I am looking for, singular cause, and a synonym for lacking knowledge are in each of the fallacies I am looking for. They come directly from my list of fallacies.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:18:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 9:44:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:41:35 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:33:00 PM, Steve0Yea wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:30:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:26:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Society for Educating Izbo10

Goal: To educate Izbo10 in basic philosophy, logic, history, literature, manners (mien), language and literacy, and theology.

Principal:
1. (only for members who have been on DDO two years or more)

Teachers:
1. Kohai
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Fellow classmates and students:
1. Steve0Yea
2. Wnope
3. DetectableNinja
4.Wierdman
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. Izbo10

Changed my mind. I think I still have much to learn.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:18:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/16/2011 10:13:40 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 10:11:37 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/16/2011 10:05:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/16/2011 9:54:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
We should take note that the DDOs just completely neutralized one of Izbo's most insulting, generalized statements.

It wasn't by addressing his question and arguing on his ground. It was by refocusing the topic until he no longer had the high ground, as is the case now.

Frame-shifting. It's Anti-Troll Technology.

Pop quiz: this is a form of which fallacy that assumes one singular cause

Morality exists
god is the only explanation for morality
Therefore god exists

Name the fallacy?'

extra credit, give another fallacy this line of reasoning has. hint: one word in the fallacy has to do with lacking knowledge.

What sort? Formal fallacies? Propositional? Quantificational?

Because I can find at least one fallacy in each category.

Of course, I'm sure you know the differences between them. You studied logic.

tsk tsk tsk, it shows you have not studied what I asked you too, I have given blatant hints to which fallacies I am looking for, singular cause, and a synonym for lacking knowledge are in each of the fallacies I am looking for. They come directly from my list of fallacies.

I don't care what your list is. You gave an incomplete one.

If someone hands me a list of logical of fallacies, and the ones I first see are not on the list, I will add them.

Your undergrad 101x approach is not in the least intimidating.

Tell me, oh educated one, what happens when you apply de'Morgans law to statement 2 of your argument.

Do that, and you'll immediately see the core problem with the argument.

Hint: you'll have to reformulate what you wrote into first order prepositional logic.

If I'm right, your understanding of logic doesn't extend past the first story of the ivory tower.